NFL FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Our friends at Fanball have launched a new DFS format that we think is incredibly unique and insanely fun! As an exclusive bonus only for RG-referrals, get a $20 deposit bonus when you deposit $20 or more on Fanball using our link below!.
    GET YOUR EXCLUSIVE $20 DEPOSIT BONUS ON FANBALL

Thursday, 10/11
    8:20 PM EST : Philadelphia ( -2.5 ) at NY Giants ( 2.5 ) —- T: 45

Sunday, 10/14
    1:00 PM EST : Chicago ( -3 ) at Miami ( 3 ) —- T: 44.5
    1:00 PM EST : Arizona ( 10.5 ) at Minnesota ( -10.5 ) —- T: 43
    1:00 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( 3.5 ) at Atlanta ( -3.5 ) —- T: 57.5
    1:00 PM EST : Indianapolis ( 2.5 ) at NY Jets ( -2.5 ) —- T: 45.5
    1:00 PM EST : Seattle ( -2.5 ) at Oakland ( 2.5 ) —- T: 47.5
    1:00 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 2.5 ) at Cincinnati ( -2.5 ) —- T: 54
    1:00 PM EST : Buffalo ( 8.5 ) at Houston ( -8.5 ) —- T: —
    1:00 PM EST : Carolina ( 2 ) at Washington ( -2 ) —- T: —
    1:00 PM EST : LA Chargers ( -1 ) at Cleveland ( 1 ) —- T: 45.5
    4:05 PM EST : LA Rams ( -7 ) at Denver ( 7 ) —- T: 52.5
    4:25 PM EST : Baltimore ( -1.5 ) at Tennessee ( 1.5 ) —- T: 42
    4:25 PM EST : Jacksonville ( -2 ) at Dallas ( 2 ) —- T: —
    8:20 PM EST : Kansas City ( 3 ) at New England ( -3 ) —- T: 58.5

Monday, 10/15
    8:15 PM EST : San Francisco ( 10 ) at Green Bay ( -10 ) —- T: 46.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• mtdurham

@mike42 said...

That was my thesis early in the week and it got torn apart and laughed at. Use the bye to get the run game going, help the D, ideal matchup as opposed to the poor ones they had been facing. ITs good to know on Sat, I don’t make LU’s till sunday because I like getting all the info in first. Thank you forum for helping make me more informed. Still hoping it doesn’t become too public.

I wasn’t laughing at you at all… I still may play Barber myself.. i havent decided for certain. I was warning you that i didnt htink he was a core play that Id go overboard on. If you reread my posts i think you’ll see that. I actually like Barber the RB okay… i dont like Tampa’s running game… i dont trust Winston… that DT being out is relatively important IMO though

• mtdurham

@XxHeisenbergxX said...

Last week everyone told me I was nuts for my Detroit outright win bet over the Packers..this week I don’t understand how Winston is a chalk play? The guy sucks at football. I don’t see it.

eh i can see the play… its a good matchup at a fairly low price and he has a lot of talent at the WR position… but the chalkiness of it really removes a lot of the appeal

• mtdurham

@Brian7479 said...

I’m curious on the Jordan Reed love. With Thompson out and Crowder out and the other guys questionable I think the Panthers would kind of scheme against Jordan Reed. I could easily see a 2 reception 23 yard game

plus dont forget former standout Safety Thomas Davis is back…

• ASitar

I have Barber in one MM right now, but he feels waaaaay too much like last weeks Aaron Jones free square play last week vs my Lions that are a sieve on the ground. I feel that once Atlanta has a 10 point lead you will only see Barber run on first down (and for about 2 yards). It should be back and forth this game, I’m just sayin.

• Brian7479

Is zero AB, Juju, AJG, Mixon a bad idea?

• Supanice

With Crowder out will Maurice Harris move to the slot or Richardson (if he plays)? PFF showing 11% slot for Harris and 35% for Richardson. Harris at 3k with the teams 2 leaders in targets and end zone targets seems like an absolute slam dunk to me for cash with Reed being a possible GPP winner. Of course it is the skins and Smith is terrible. I can see myself sitting on the couch looking at a goose egg asking wtf was I thinking.

• ASitar

Is anyone else on her like 70% heavy on Chris Carson?

• DC2380

@Supanice said...

With Crowder out will Maurice Harris move to the slot or Richardson (if he plays)? PFF showing 11% slot for Harris and 35% for Richardson. Harris at 3k with the teams 2 leaders in targets and end zone targets seems like an absolute slam dunk to me for cash with Reed being a possible GPP winner. Of course it is the skins and Smith is terrible. I can see myself sitting on the couch looking at a goose egg asking wtf was I thinking.

Dotcson????

• depalma13

With Tannehill most likely out are the Bears D a must own?

• Supanice

@DC2380 said...

Dotcson????

10-20% in slot and still waiting on update if he will play.

• Supanice

@depalma13 said...

Wow just saw that he is doubtful, and I already had 100% bears across 300 lineups. Kinda pissed now.

• depalma13

@DC2380 said...

Dotcson????

He’s a game time decision.

• DC2380

@depalma13 said...

He’s a game time decision.

Naw he is playing…Crowder and Thompson are both out. P. Richardson questionable

• FunkMac

Is Kapri Bibbs a thing? Have I had too much coffee already?

• Falconsfan101

O.J. Howard active….this make Brate unplayable? Thinking of pivoting all my shares to Hooper or up to Njoku (DK).

• Supanice

Now that bears will be so highly owned I think vikings/houston could be nice leverage plays.

• superjon

@depalma13 said...

I don’t like paying up for defense in GPP, so it’s a no from me.

But it’s not the worst play if you decide to run with them.

• Messiah717

@Falconsfan101 said...

O.J. Howard active….this make Brate unplayable? Thinking of pivoting all my shares to Hooper or up to Njoku (DK).

Winston still likes Brate. He’s not unplayable.

• karatesbadboy

A 3k Bibbs or Harris makes a lot work with cash lineups… if all these guys are really going to be out though this feels like more of a 25 carry AP game. Not feeling it. Salary savings not enough to swallow a 10 point ceiling in the new NFL even in cash games.

• Falconsfan101

@Messiah717 said...

Winston still likes Brate. He’s not unplayable.

He definitely loves him in the RZ. Just wondering how much OJ will be playing. He could be active, but only play limited snaps. Brate should be heavily owned, and having OJ back adds risk. That was why I was wanting to pivot. Going up to Njoku f’s up my lineups as I have to change two other players to make it work with the way my rosters are constructed. So going down to Hooper is the only option without hating my lineups. I’m not as high on Hooper as everyone else though. Think Sanu and Julio are the plays.

• wilke7425

A lot of people will be off Brate leaving him lower owned. I don’t think Howard will play much. I’ve seen it a few times now where guys are active but don’t see the field. That coupled with Winston’s love for Brate keeps him in my LUs. My two cents.

• miggs6876

@Pandamonious said...

Play Thielen.

I think he is a better play because Diffs will be mostly covered by Petterson.

• Harbaugh04

At $2500 on DK, thinking of TE Erik Swoope from the Colts as a possible punt play- because, hey, why not??

• thedkexperience

Took a few days off from foruming and listening to the podcasts in an effort to do a brain reset after my first loss of the year in Week 5. Ironically even though going WR heavy prooved to be unwise due to Julio, at the end of the day the real reason I didn’t cash was because I benched Connor at noon. Live, learn, move on.

As for this week, I decided to go back down to just 4 bullets instead of 10. I took 3 shots in the Thur – Mon and ended up with a bunch of Falcons and Bucs like I’m assuming most of you did. In the main, I took a hard pivot away to an old reliable QB that I think might end up winning the second highest scoring game at 1PM.

Ladies and gentleman … it’s Russell Wilson time.

• mike42

@mtdurham said...

As a Panther fan i can hoenstly say that WR core is not that bad…

Funchess is a solid WR.. he’s not a sexy #1 that’s for sure.. he’s more like a good #2 WR…

DJ Moore by all accounts has been good. He’s got some serious explosive capability. Rookie WR are rarely great statistically, i think he’s going to be a good one. He’ll make a few plays this year… i wouldnt be surprised if he finishes the next 11 games with like 400-500 yards and 4-5 TD… not bad for a part time player in a rushing offense

Curtis Samuel was a 2nd rd pick last year who looked good in the game prior to his injury… and he had a really nice TD catch/run last week in his return.

Jarius Byrd is a surprisingly adequate.

Torrey Smith stinks. We know this. He’s a decoy deep route guy and not a great one at that.

They aren’t sexy fantasy WR partially because they’re young and the Panthers are a rushing offense that spreads the ball around when they throw… they arent #1 guys…

But as far as effectiveness goes its not a bad unit by any means… i could definitely see any of those top three guys being surpisingly awesome one week this year…

If Olsen is healthy (big if and i doubt it) i think it actually helps the other WR’s as it should really draw defensive attention away… esp since CMC already draws so much attention himself.

These are the types of WR’s who can absolutely make big plays in man coverage. It’s just a matter of if they ever get 100 and 2 TD in a week instead of more spaced out production…. their prices are sooo low that they are worth the occasional flyer.

I dont like them this week though as there are simply too many better cheap WR options

That’s it though, they have enough options at WR now that are capable of having big days to reduce CMC’s value but none you would want to start. On paper, this matchup looks great and even better now with all the injuries for Wash, for CMC. I think as the season goes on the extreme usage he’s been getting will trend down, don’t feel as good about fading him today so I may have him in a couple since the odds of a good game script have gone up with all the injuries.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).