1:00 PM EST : Washington ( -3.5 ) at Miami ( 3.5 ) —- T: 41
    4:05 PM EST : Atlanta ( -2.5 ) at Arizona ( 2.5 ) —- T: 51
    4:05 PM EST : San Francisco ( 4 ) at LA Rams ( -4 ) —- T: 48.5
    4:25 PM EST : Dallas ( -8.5 ) at NY Jets ( 8.5 ) —- T: 43.5
    4:25 PM EST : Tennessee ( 2.5 ) at Denver ( -2.5 ) —- T: 40
    8:20 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 6 ) at LA Chargers ( -6 ) —- T: 43.5

Monday, 10/14
    8:15 PM EST : Detroit ( 6 ) at Green Bay ( -6 ) —- T: 47

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Bkbrlr

@mike42 said...

BTW- This is my last week. I’m going to send DK an e-mail on Sunday night, win or lose, informing them that I have a gambling problem and to restrict my activity. It’s been fun but I need to stop, DFS is hard and time-consuming. It isn’t doing my bank account any favors either. Best of luck to everybody. Hoping to go out like Elway (millennials might have to google that one).

Hey mike42… you’ll definitely be missed! I seriously get it though. I blocked myself during the summer in all accounts because I do have a problem too. If this week sucks, I’m out too. I look forward to your posts every week as I assume many others do too. And who else will straighten out deebo? Squid perhaps?

• squidkill

seriously though. We gonna miss ya in here.

• techndiego

@mike42 said...

Would you mind doing the same for RB’s/QB’s?

Brown – 40% :)
    Bell – 30%
    Fournette – 28%
    Cook – 20%
    Ingram – 14%
    Elliott – 13%
    Chubb – 11%

Watson – 16%
    Mahomes – 14%
    Jackson – 10%
    Ryan – 10%
    Murray – 8%
    Minshew – 8%

• NDNole

Odell Beckham is a surprise. I would think recency bias would hold his ownership down. Doesnt matter to me, im playing him.

• deeebo

@mike42 said...

BTW- This is my last week. I’m going to send DK an e-mail on Sunday night, win or lose, informing them that I have a gambling problem and to restrict my activity. It’s been fun but I need to stop, DFS is hard and time-consuming. It isn’t doing my bank account any favors either. Best of luck to everybody. Hoping to go out like Elway (millennials might have to google that one).

damn mike42 – you always came in here with some good advice. best of luck man – and thanks for all the help. greatly
    appreciated my man.

• yisman

Jordan Reed placed on injured reserve

guess they decided he’s had enough concussions

• Dr_Gonzo

Trying to build lineups here and I think I’m going to have to wait on injury news. Tyreek, Kittle, DJ, Kamara. Feels like to many unknowns to create an optimal lineup. Also, I think I will fade Malcolm Brown and pivot to AD. Between the coach wanting to run and Miami having an awful run defense it looks like a good place for leverage. Am I getting to cute with this move? I keep thinking about it and it makes sense, of course if Washington has the lead.

• Dr_Gonzo

@yisman said...

Jordan Reed placed on injured reserve

guess they decided he’s had enough concussions

He needs to retire.

• billythekidcowboysheat

Really debating on woods vs dcj, fuller, alshon, Robinson,McLaren for gpp. Already locked in cooks, don’t really see cooks and woods going nuts. Woods could catch 10 balls but no touchdowns

• Njsum1

@NDNole said...

Odell Beckham is a surprise. I would think recency bias would hold his ownership down. Doesnt matter to me, im playing him.

It could be a Beckham game and I’ll have some, yet I just want to remind everyone that Nick Chubb is Cleveland’s best offensive player.

• ssilberman2012

@devouredbychaos said...

Has anyone here ever won a decent sized tournament on FanDuel? Just curious. I’m starting to move off mostly cash and play more GPPs and just wondering what’s the best strategy. If I’m only playing 5 GPP lineups, is it better to enter a $22 contest with 16,000 entries where you can max enter or a $25 single entry contest with only 4,000 entries? Obviously the $22 one has a better payout. Still trying to figure out what the best GPP games are to play though. Usually I enter 1 Milly Maker and a few other $5 or under GPPs, a few of them being single entry ones, and usually only end up making my money back lol. Don’t mean to derail the conversation, just looking for some genuine feedback and everyone here seems pretty knowledgeable and experienced.

Analyze your results with the RG analyzer. You might be surprised at what you find. For example, I discovered over a large sample I am bad at massive GPPs. I am better at single entry and smaller slates. My biggest win was last year I got 1/1176, and I am not close to one of the better players on this forum. So I don’t do a lot of main slate lineups each week but I have started to crush satellites to save some entry fees. Hope this helps.

• 33BeRad

@mike42 said...

Last thing, no matter who you pick, bring it back with Ertz for GPP’s. One spot that has yielded production Vs Minny is TE. Just a great pivot off of chalky, slightly cheaper options at TE. Ertz will be sub 5% while Kittle/Hopper will be pretty damn chalky (I think).

Any worry about Goedert eating in to his targets?

• BIF

@deeebo said...

i cant remember a week where ive shuffled my lineup so much.

I do – it feels like every week 🙄

• ssilberman2012

@mike42 said...

nooooo for real? you can also call 1-800-gambling I think.

• mike42

@squidkill said...

seriously though. We gonna miss ya in here.

Gonna miss you too handsome. I’m thinking the playoffs I can do, but the regular season is just too much in every possible way.

• ssilberman2012

I am pretty surprised by the dropoff in forum activity and losses some people have in here. I thought people in here were pretty damn sharp…does anyone here consistently churn out profits in NFL DFS? I thought a lot here did, but now I am thinking I might be wrong and overestimate people’s profitability. Bif, Hood, I know you guys do. Squid I will never get a real answer from lol. Dunzor, CG, others?

• realphipps

I’m gonna email DK on Sunday night and tell them I’m addicted to minimum cashing. Hopefully tech support will offer a solution.

• ssilberman2012

Also, I handbuild lineups. I’ve never really had to late-swap but it sounds like this may determine success this week. Does anyone have advice on late-swapping and how to quickly adjust LUs? Can you even do it in mass or should I stop being a fish and upload a CSV? Thanks all.

• mike42

@33BeRad said...

Any worry about Goedert eating in to his targets?

No, but TD’s, a little bit. They are going 12 over 50% of the time with DJ out, so Goedert isn’t stealing snaps from Ertz, he’s stealing them from the third WR. I doubt there are many TD’s scored in this one so I hope if a TE catches one, it’s Ertz, not Goedert. That guy has a way of getting a 2-1-3-1 type line.

I think the most likely scenario is Ertz is Philly’s most productive pass catcher in this game. Just not sure how big the pie is going to be.

• SteeloCity

@ssilberman2012 said...

I am pretty surprised by the dropoff in forum activity and losses some people have in here. I thought people in here were pretty damn sharp…does anyone here consistently churn out profits in NFL DFS? I thought a lot here did, but now I am thinking I might be wrong and overestimate people’s profitability. Bif, Hood, I know you guys do. Squid I will never get a real answer from lol. Dunzor, CG, others?

I just started playing DFS this year and I’m at $15 profit. Which is about 3% return after five weeks.

• ssilberman2012

@Dr_Gonzo said...

He needs to retire.

yeah poor guy. hopefully he has saved some doe and can live happily. he has been through waaaay too many injuries especially concussions. i don’t want a Leron McLain (or however you spell his name) situation with Reed. If anyone doesn’t know about what I am talking about with McLain, a former Ravens fullback, you need to google “Leron McLain Tweet” or something like that. Was relatively recent.

• ssilberman2012

@SteeloCity said...

I just started playing DFS this year and I’m at $15 profit. Which is about 3% return after five weeks.

I am happy for you and no offense but I more asking about significant cash winnings rather than high ROI %s with people betting hundreds or thousands every week on specifically NFL DFS.

• S7ubs

@mike42 said...

Thx man. OBJ ownership definitely a surprise.

I’m not shocked. He’s under priced for his volume and i feel like this is a big spot for the Browns. Everyone counting them out after a terrible MNF game. They aren’t as bad as what that game showed. I think they can have a hell of a game v Seattle this week.

• BIF

@mike42 said...

Noooooo !!

In all seriousness, why don’t you just stick to playing the Tiers contests; it significantly minimizes the amount of research you need and the format seems to align well with your skills – that is, the ability to evaluate one player or matchup versus a small sample of other players.
    You don’t have to worry about defenses and only have to evaluate a couple TEs.

I don’t play as many entries in Tiers as I should but I’ve been regularly cashing since the middle of last season.

You’ll have a bunch of personal life time freed up and you’ll still be connected to NFL statistically

• Supanice

@mike42 said...

Restrict yourself to single entry cash, it’s much easier if you spend all week thinking about 1 entry.

Gpp is where you can have the correct pool and still lose money.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler