1:00 PM EST : Washington ( -3.5 ) at Miami ( 3.5 ) —- T: 41
    4:05 PM EST : Atlanta ( -2.5 ) at Arizona ( 2.5 ) —- T: 51
    4:05 PM EST : San Francisco ( 4 ) at LA Rams ( -4 ) —- T: 48.5
    4:25 PM EST : Dallas ( -8.5 ) at NY Jets ( 8.5 ) —- T: 43.5
    4:25 PM EST : Tennessee ( 2.5 ) at Denver ( -2.5 ) —- T: 40
    8:20 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 6 ) at LA Chargers ( -6 ) —- T: 43.5

Monday, 10/14
    8:15 PM EST : Detroit ( 6 ) at Green Bay ( -6 ) —- T: 47

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• NDNole

@mike42 said...

On a scale of 1 to 10 when it comes to having a problem, I’m at least a 9, quite possibly a 10.

The problem with scaling down is I used to bet 1-10k a game before DFS and I play 200-1k in DFS now. Playing a 2$ heads up for me is like giving a cocaine addict a sweet and low packet and saying “just try snorting this. You will still feel something and it’s not nearly as bad for you.”

I hope I have a good week but taking a serious break is in my best interests, as well as, everyone that cares about me. I wish I could get paid to do this but that’s not happening. Thanks though.

I know what you mean in a sense. I dont have any problem. But when I used to trade I could honestly make 1k in 2 minutes and not be happy because I had made way more some other time. Making 500 in a day felt like a disappointment. Money becomes this illusion and it never seems enough even though I would have been over the moon if someone handed me 1k for nothing I would feel like i was missing out if I made a trade and was up 1k. Taking a break from trading was the best thing I ever did so I dont fault you. Get your mindset on money right then you can come back and it wont be a problem. MOney really is an illusion, just digital numbers these days and its hard to let it go lol. Once you take one of 2 approaches you will be fine. Approach this as a business and make decisions as if it each lineup was a business move (best approach) or approach each game as a total hobby where you have zero expectation. Its a training of the mind. Focus on that and you’l be fine. Sometimes the worst thing that can happen is actually winning. Take care.

• 40coach

Anyone mind explaining how to find the dfs listener leagues on DK? Someone posted for me last week but would like to figure out how to find them myself each week.

• monarch

@40coach said...

Anyone mind explaining how to find the dfs listener leagues on DK? Someone posted for me last week but would like to figure out how to find them myself each week.

Google dfs edge or dk playbook

• jcotdl

@mike42 said...

On a scale of 1 to 10 when it comes to having a problem, I’m at least a 9, quite possibly a 10.

The problem with scaling down is I used to bet 1-10k a game before DFS and I play 200-1k in DFS now. Playing a 2$ heads up for me is like giving a cocaine addict a sweet and low packet and saying “just try snorting this. You will still feel something and it’s not nearly as bad for you.”

I hope I have a good week but taking a serious break is in my best interests, as well as, everyone that cares about me. I wish I could get paid to do this but that’s not happening. Thanks though.

since you went there, and you should know i have seen some addiction. i want you to be able to enjoy this, our collective amusement. i have had serious convos with wifey about the toll that the tilt takes, and am making strides to counteract. As one complete stranger to another with a DFS affliction- i hope you stick around. stay at the table, if you can, ‘cuz we’re all better if you keep banging the drum..

edit- i bottomed out twice in last five years. squandered a ton of winnings. kept thinking i was moving into a better ‘hood when i was really accelerating my downfall..

• Dfspacman

Landry vs Seahawks?

• NDNole

@Dfspacman said...

Landry vs Seahawks?

Yes. This year his ADOT is a lot deeper down the field than past years and people still havnt totally taken notice of that.

• ssilberman2012

@SteeloCity said...

None taken. I’m only in college so I can’t really be throwing massive amounts of money around.

my senior year was when i started dabbling. great time to get your feet wet! keep it up man

• Hoods From The Wood

If Kamara is ruled out what does the RB whisperer think about Lat Murray?

• TJRhodes

I hope CG posts soon before everyone quits DFS. We need that edge again.

• ssilberman2012

Thank you BIF, Dunzor and everyone for your stories of big wins and such. I hope to follow in your footsteps. I am concerned about Chase Edmonds tomorrow. I handbuild all my LUs and I’m not sure I will have the time to swap on everything. How is everyone handling this?

• mike42

@Hoods From The Wood said...

If Kamara is ruled out what does the RB whisperer think about Lat Murray?

Free square or pretty close to it. Right?

• BIF

@Dunzor said...

Hey BIF, as a Bucs fan I assume you’ll have some early London showdown action. You or anyone else that’s playing that game, which WRs do you think have the best matchups in that game?

Godwin and Olsen and all Caro WRs about the same after that

• keephustlincuz

@mike42 said...

Free square or pretty close to it. Right?

Oh yeah. If Kamara is out… malcolms ownership will go from 30 to 6.

• 40coach

@monarch said...

Google dfs edge or dk playbook

Found it, thanks!

• 33BeRad

@mike42 said...

You’re gonna be missed in here. Hope you get what you need with a break. You obviously enjoy this, you should look into working for someone. You’d be great on a pod because you have so many good takes. You’re just missing that right combo in a lineup. And don’t bother scaling down, it’ll do nothing for you except keep you in here until you scale it right back up. Good luck. Go Bears!

• noddy

having a much harder time making a cash lineup this week compared to last week.

• theghostofveebs

@mike42 said...

I’m happy you’ve diagnosed the situation and are taking action. As you move forward, don’t be afraid to take advantage of any of the following that you are comfortable with: other distractions (healthy or otherwise), friends and family, professional help.

Again, really proud of you for manning up here.

• Dfspacman

I’m considering Devonta Freeman, but his usage isn’t what it used to be..
    Also do u guys wait till Sunday morning to make lineups when you know who’s in or out or you do them before gameday ?

• noddy

Is Lindsay a bad cash play?

• Dfspacman

What 49ers’a wide receivers are you guys considering, no one has gotten up to 90yards on the niners. They will have to throw against Rams

• Njsum1

True Story…just happened…MUST READ

Ok, so I’m on the DK “enter this lineup into more contests/load lineup page,” entering a lineup into the big $1 GPP. I put my tablet down for like a minute to get up for a drink. When I come back I see my dog licking/standing on my tablet.

I then notice my account is like $150 less than it was a minute ago, and I’m like…no way, no she didn’t, no…she…didn’t. Yes she did! My dog entered me into the $150 3 max on DK. I usually just max the $1 and throw a few into the $3. So I’m like…nooooooooo…luckily the tourney hadn’t filled and I was able to withdraw my entry.

Kinda proud of that pup, so I gave her a treat, and told her to look for overlay next time. 😁

• NDNole

@Dfspacman said...

What 49ers’a wide receivers are you guys considering, no one has gotten up to 90yards on the niners. They will have to throw against Rams

Talib is out. Im on goodwin.

• candyman911

@NDNole said...

Talib is out. Im on goodwin.

I have a share of Pettis… just have a feeling.

• BIF

@Dfspacman said...

If Niners have to throw, the Rams D is in play as Jimmy G is not a come from behind passer

• Bkbrlr

@BIF said...

I am pretty surprised by the dropoff in forum activity and losses some people have in here. I thought people in here were pretty damn sharp…does anyone here consistently churn out profits in NFL DFS? I thought a lot here did, but now I am thinking I might be wrong and overestimate people’s profitability. Bif, Hood, I know you guys do. Squid I will never get a real answer from lol. Dunzor, CG, others?

I’ve had on and off relationship with luck on DK. It seems every year I win something $1-2k a few times. I started off playing $5 double ups and while I cashed most of the time, I kept getting greedy with it. My big break happens in 2017 before I joined RG and came in 14th place in the Milly contest and took home $5,000 while coming in 3rd in the early Wildcat with $2,400. Last year I won the early Wildcat and took home $10,000 and had a run of a few weeks gaining about $15,000 total. My own personal findings are that I do best in slates of 6-8 games and with up to 1,000 people. That’s why most weeks I just play the early slate. I’ve won only like $800 in the 5 weeks thus far this season, but always hope for the best. I ONLY play 1 lineup and research the hell out of it to submit to contests. Again, to each their own. I’m also a degenerate, so I typically only play the higher priced games ($100 or more). I have a good sense of what’s good chalk /bad chalk and how to contstruct a lineup as I’ve grown as a player. Practice makes perfect! I hope this gives you good insight.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler