1:00 PM EST : Washington ( -3.5 ) at Miami ( 3.5 ) —- T: 41
    4:05 PM EST : Atlanta ( -2.5 ) at Arizona ( 2.5 ) —- T: 51
    4:05 PM EST : San Francisco ( 4 ) at LA Rams ( -4 ) —- T: 48.5
    4:25 PM EST : Dallas ( -8.5 ) at NY Jets ( 8.5 ) —- T: 43.5
    4:25 PM EST : Tennessee ( 2.5 ) at Denver ( -2.5 ) —- T: 40
    8:20 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 6 ) at LA Chargers ( -6 ) —- T: 43.5

Monday, 10/14
    8:15 PM EST : Detroit ( 6 ) at Green Bay ( -6 ) —- T: 47

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• ASitar

The way Showdowns have been going I think the strategy is to pair a QB w 2 RBs on the same team w the opposing DST w a $1,500 punt and one player from the opposing team.

Ex: Rogers/Jones/Williams/MJJ/Lions DST/punt

• Divine_Prodigy

@pocket7ns said...

For tonight’s game I am leaning more towards the lions players rather than Green Bay. I think even though GB is favored, and playing at home, the Lions coming of a Bye week could outperform expectations. If I am picking 1 QB, I would go with Stafford, I like his upside more, especially with no Davante Adams for Rodgers to throw to.

Captain spot favorites for me: 1. Marvin Jones Jr (value per dollar and upside) 2. Kerryon Johnson ( Pack run D can be susceptible to being gashed + his value allows better roster construction than going Jones at C). 3.Golladay ( highest WR upside on the slate, imo).

I don’t think you can go wrong with either RB tonight, both teams run D is in the lower tier of the league for YPG rushing.

Not really sold on Green Bay’s WR’s tonight. If you look at GB’s last game Aaron Jones actually had the lion’s share of the targets, and tonight Slay will be in the mix covering MVS and Geronimo. Which leads me to actually like Jimmy Graham tonight a bit more than usual.

All that said, it is showdown, so you can effectively disregard everything written above, and play 2 kickers, the Lions defense, and Jake Kumerow at Captain and probably be better off.

literally how these damn slates go…. I hear this Jaire Alexander CB for the Packers is pretty damn good …question is does she shadow Golladay ? Who does he cover? I want whoever he isn’t defending.

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

I’m mostly a lurker, I’ll comment sometimes but have been mostly reluctant as people rarely respond to me, and most people on the forums play small limits on DK and I’m more of a high stakes FD player. I understand the negative feelings some forum “regulars” have when people just pop in randomly and talk about their winnings, but if the idea is to have more people in the forum, they should be welcomed with open arms. I play NFL, MLB, NBA, and PGA. My view of the forums…

MLB – friendly, good vibes, not a lot of chatter especially as the season winds down but a generally good vibe and people trying to help each other out. Panda does a great job of making people feel welcome even though they may not be regulars, and are generally asking stupid questions or just asking him to do the work for them.

Golf- super friendly, kind of the same 3-4 people posting 80% of the comments. Best source of information of all the forums, as PGA is a sport where information is not as readily available/publicized. Guys like Dunzor and BIF really seem to have good insight into things I would probably never know or stumble upon in my research.

NBA – Can’t wait for this to start up again, great forum, all around the best as far as I am concerned.

NFL – I think this forum sees a lot more “casual” players and lot more angry people because they’re not accustomed to the year long, every day grind that people who play all sports are familiar with. If I played DFS 17 days a year instead of 365, I may be a little more fired up and salty about the outcomes of my lineups on Sundays, 17 times a year. I think football also offers a lot of DFS players a false sense of “knowing what’s up” because there is so much media coverage and talking heads doing blogs and podcasts. Having more information at hand gives people a false sense of entitlement to win, when that does not happen, angry time.

Can’t we all just get along?

• thedkexperience

@sleazygreazy

Well said.

• mike42

@BIF said...

Fair enough – appreciate the honest feedback – 50% is high but definitely more than the golf forum as we keep losing members here as the season goes along as they are tapped out after Week 4-8 a sorry, I probably pushed the limit but the culture/morale around the NFL sucks compared to the golf one where I hang all year long and it is a “community” where this does not have that same feel.

Ended up having a really good weekend with Diggs being my highest owned play. I actually took him out of a few LU’s before lock because I thought I had too much Diggs. I was a Dissly injury away from winning the early red zone, came close in another and I got a realistic chance at a top 10 finish for the Thurs-mon bootleg with KJ left.

Anyway, I just want to confirm the whole idea that it’s annoying when someone who never posts comes on here to tell you how much they won. It’s almost as annoying as the guy who tells you how obvious a play was after the game without saying a word before. Those 2 things make me a hater. I’ve called people out for it too because bleep them. What kind of person would post for the first time after winning? Exactly. I’d be happy for one of the main contributors on here to take down a GPP, especially if I helped in any way.

I’m currently debating what to do after having my best week of the year and being an ass hair away from winning a couple GPP’s. Also, the tiers thing is flat out easier to win. You should try it since we both are built to think along those lines. Damn near postive I could be +EV if I focused exclusively on tiers and cash more, including tiers cash, which is the easiest of the bunch.

• pocket7ns

@Divine_Prodigy said...

literally how these damn slates go…. I hear this Jaire Alexander CB for the Packers is pretty damn good …question is does she shadow Golladay ? Who does he cover? I want whoever he isn’t defending.

That’s a good question. For what it’s worth, last game against the Cowboys Jaire did get torched a bit by Amari Cooper, so it can be done. Not saying in anyway that Golladay or MJJ are Amari Cooper, but, they are both tall, physical WR’s, and Stafford will sling it to ‘em and give them a chance to make plays.

• ASitar

If Amendola is out do you go Hall or McKissic?

• Njsum1

@Sleazygreazy said...

but if the idea is to have more people in the forum, they should be welcomed with open arms. I play NFL, MLB, NBA, and PGA. My view of the forums

I’ll respond to you 😁.

Imo…big difference between, never posting and coming here to gloat, and posting ideas or asking for help. For me, if you try and contribute ideas or ask for help, you’re welcome with open arms. If you come here to gloat, and are never heard from again, some people will congratulate you, just not me.

Also, if people don’t respond to you, try asking for a response. If I want my post answered, I’ll throw out an idea and at the end of my post, write “thoughts?” People always respond…always.

• HoodsFromTheWood

@squidkill said...

We would celebrate all night… Same with Hood, Mike, Bif- Keep hustling, Mike, CG etc…. I think we would be more than excited and truly happy

Lol I knew you cared

• thedkexperience

@Njsum1 said...

I’ll respond to you 😁.

Imo…big difference between, never posting and coming here to gloat, and posting ideas and or even asking for help. For me, if you try and contribute ideas or ask for help, you’re welcome with open arms. If you come here to gloat, and are never heard from again, some people will congratulate you, just not me.

Also, if people don’t respond to you, try asking for a response. If I want my post answered, I’ll throw out an idea and at the end of my post, write “thoughts?” People always respond…always.

I believe a hotdog is not a sandwich.

Thoughts?

• sfguy21

@thedkexperience said...

Thoughts?

Meriam Webster dictionary disagrees with you

But I personally agree with you

• Njsum1

@thedkexperience said...

Thoughts?

Of course it’s not a sandwich it’s a cylindrical piece of processed meat. 😁

Howeverrrrrrrr…..if you put it on some bread……..viola….you have yourself a sandwhich🤷‍♂️😉

Thoughts? 😎

• monarch

I like Jamaal Williams a lot. The Lions have allowed a total of three receiving touchdowns this season and MVS/Allison should be easier to contain with no Davante plus they are generally good vs the TE. Receiving backs have got to the Lions this season. He’s a good contrarian play with Rodgers in the event he posts like a 5/52/1 receiving line.

• IronMonkey415

GOT IT, I will play Jamaal as a captain and be like you.

• HoodsFromTheWood

@thedkexperience said...

Thoughts?

It’s a sandwich. Meat between 2 pieces of bread with the upside of condiment potential. Can be stacked with multiple types of cheese, and you can bring it back with bacon. Lol it’s the chalk of sandwiches and hopefully Awesemo fades it this week

• Njsum1

Showdown thoughts…really want to like Kerryon….he’s just not that good at football. Yet he has the clearest path to all the touches. If DVP is a thing, looks like you want Aaron, Jamaal, and Kerryon in all your lineups, and just mix and match the rest.

• TuscaloosaJohnny

@Sleazygreazy said...

I’m mostly a lurker, I’ll comment sometimes but have been mostly reluctant as people rarely respond to me, and most people on the forums play small limits on DK and I’m more of a high stakes FD player. I understand the negative feelings some forum “regulars” have when people just pop in randomly and talk about their winnings, but if the idea is to have more people in the forum, they should be welcomed with open arms. I play NFL, MLB, NBA, and PGA. My view of the forums…

MLB – friendly, good vibes, not a lot of chatter especially as the season winds down but a generally good vibe and people trying to help each other out. Panda does a great job of making people feel welcome even though they may not be regulars, and are generally asking stupid questions or just asking him to do the work for them.

Golf- super friendly, kind of the same 3-4 people posting 80% of the comments. Best source of information of all the forums, as PGA is a sport where information is not as readily available/publicized. Guys like Dunzor and BIF really seem to have good insight into things I would probably never know or stumble upon in my research.

NBA – Can’t wait for this to start up again, great forum, all around the best as far as I am concerned.

NFL – I think this forum sees a lot more “casual” players and lot more angry people because they’re not accustomed to the year long, every day grind that people who play all sports are familiar with. If I played DFS 17 days a year instead of 365, I may be a little more fired up and salty about the outcomes of my lineups on Sundays, 17 times a year. I think football also offers a lot of DFS players a false sense of “knowing what’s up” because there is so much media coverage and talking heads doing blogs and podcasts. Having more information at hand gives people a false sense of entitlement to win, when that does not happen, angry time.

You guys should come talk college football with us. What little convo we have is friendly and hopefully useful. Pretty dead so need warm bodies.

• Njsum1

@mike42 said...

It’s almost as annoying as the guy who tells you how obvious a play was after the game without saying a word before

First, Congrats on a good week! 😁😉🍻

Second, pet peeve number 2 for me

• mtdurham

@Sleazygreazy said...

Good post agreed with all your points. The MMA forum is good too. Similar to golf where most people know their stuff pretty well.

• klacy56

Not a sandwich. But I don’t know why lol

• BIF

@mike42 said...

I’m currently debating what to do after having my best week of the year and being an ass hair away from winning a couple GPP’s. Also, the tiers thing is flat out easier to win. You should try it since we both are built to think along those lines. Damn near postive I could be +EV if I focused exclusively on tiers and cash more, including tiers cash, which is the easiest of the bunch.

Good to hear from ya and that you had a good day.

Agree on Tiers – I cashed 2/3 lineups and my 3rd was close; had Boyd on there when even an underperforming Fitz would have been enough.

This week DK has messed with some of the entries so will definitely add more Tiers but instead this week.

• mtdurham

@Njsum1 said...

I’ll respond to you 😁.

Imo…big difference between, never posting and coming here to gloat, and posting ideas or asking for help. For me, if you try and contribute ideas or ask for help, you’re welcome with open arms. If you come here to gloat, and are never heard from again, some people will congratulate you, just not me.

Good idea. It’s kinda like how they teach the waitresses at hooters to shake their head yes when they say “and you want fries with that”.

I always seem to generate responses in virtually every forum I’ve ever been a part of. I dont know what it is but people just love to engage with me.

• Njsum1

@mtdurham said...

Good idea. It’s kinda like how they teach the waitresses at hooters to shake their head yes when they say “and you want fries with that”

I would love some fries with my sandwhich 🌭🍟😉😎

• wilks3579

@Divine_Prodigy said...

I hear this Jaire Alexander CB for the Packers is pretty damn good …question is does she shadow Golladay ? Who does he cover? I want whoever he isn’t defending.

Alexander is 5’ 10” and King is 6’ 3”, i am fairly certain Jaire always covers the shorter reciever, Marvin Jones in this case.

• wilks3579

@mike42 said...

Ended up having a really good weekend with Diggs being my highest owned play. I actually took him out of a few LU’s before lock because I thought I had too much Diggs. I was a Dissly injury away from winning the early red zone, came close in another and I got a realistic chance at a top 10 finish for the Thurs-mon bootleg with KJ left.

Anyway, I just want to confirm the whole idea that it’s annoying when someone who never posts comes on here to tell you how much they won. It’s almost as annoying as the guy who tells you how obvious a play was after the game without saying a word before. Those 2 things make me a hater. I’ve called people out for it too because bleep them. What kind of person would post for the first time after winning? Exactly. I’d be happy for one of the main contributors on here to take down a GPP, especially if I helped in any way.

Happy to hear you had a good week. You seemed pretty down on yourself in some of your posts. You still plan on hanging it up for awhile or you going to hang with all us degenerates for a few more weeks?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).