1:00 PM EST : Washington ( -3.5 ) at Miami ( 3.5 ) —- T: 41
    4:05 PM EST : Atlanta ( -2.5 ) at Arizona ( 2.5 ) —- T: 51
    4:05 PM EST : San Francisco ( 4 ) at LA Rams ( -4 ) —- T: 48.5
    4:25 PM EST : Dallas ( -8.5 ) at NY Jets ( 8.5 ) —- T: 43.5
    4:25 PM EST : Tennessee ( 2.5 ) at Denver ( -2.5 ) —- T: 40
    8:20 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 6 ) at LA Chargers ( -6 ) —- T: 43.5

Monday, 10/14
    8:15 PM EST : Detroit ( 6 ) at Green Bay ( -6 ) —- T: 47

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• realphipps

The NBA forum was the best until some guy ruined it. Not Durham, but some dude who never contributed at all complaining about gifs.

As for tonight, Packers are 3rd best in the NFL at running the ball up the gut (B gaps in) and run about 35% of their carries that way. DET is the 6th best at defending those runs. What to do?

• wilks3579

Any Showdown cash players in here? I typically only enter gpp’s and was going to throw a lineup in a few double ups and 50/50’s tonight. How unreasonable is it to have a lineup without a QB in it?

• boilermakerbeef

@wilks3579 said...

Any Showdown cash players in here? I typically only enter gpp’s and was going to throw a lineup in a few double ups and 50/50’s tonight. How unreasonable is it to have a lineup without a QB in it?

I think it’s unreasonable to fade Stafford. I think you can fade Rodgers. I’m stuck between Allison and Graham at the moment for my limited exposure to the Packers passing game.

• ASitar

I think I’m going to keep Hall in one. For $1,000? Amendola might come out of the game early and he gets you a couple of 8 yard catches and is that 5% punt that lets you get who you want.

I think they made it difficult to use MVS. I’ve made a few LUs with $7,700 or $7,600 left.

• mike42

@wilks3579 said...

Alexander is 5’ 10” and King is 6’ 3”, i am fairly certain Jaire always covers the shorter reciever, Marvin Jones in this case.

I read something similar, think there was some kind of precedence last year if I remember correctly. Don’t overreact to last weeks garbage time either, Jaire is moving quickly towards being one of, if not, the best.

Patricia seems to be the coach who does better with extra time and plays good teams well. I think it’s the running game and TE (Hock) that are the focus of the O. Savage (S) is out and apparently he was a beast covering TE’s.

• monarch

Is Kumerow a slot receiver or on the outside?

• LuckyChuck467

First season of DFS NFL, here. I’ve been lurking, learning, and this forum has been helpful to me. I wish I’d offered my 2 cents about Robby Anderson. I blew the rest of the entries with the likes of Everett at TE, etc. but I did win the 500 crowns. Sunday morning, it just clicked with his speed and Darnold’s long ball capabilities for a flex spot.
    Wound up here through the poker staking site, Stake Kings.
    Going with Galladay as captain tonight with Stafford, K Johnson, Jones, McKissic. Jamall Williams in a GPP

Best of Luck to all of you!

• HoodsFromTheWood

@monarch said...

Is Kumerow a slot receiver or on the outside?

I believe Allison is their primary slot receiver

• Tgirl

Thoughts on Capt.. K. Johnson, with some Hock, Galloday, and Stafford

• monarch

Only thing I can derive is that every wide receiver tonight has a difficult matchup with Golladay the most likely to be force fed vs Kevin King considering that Alexander and Williams have allowed practically nothing and that pass rush is coming. Hock is definitely in play, I also like both GB tight ends a bit because either can disrupt this slate around the goal line.

• Njsum1

@Tgirl said...

Thoughts on Capt.. K. Johnson, with some Hock, Galloday, and Stafford

Next time put the word “thoughts” at the end with a ? following it 😉😁 works better…jk

I like all those players, just not in the same lineup. Can’t tell if this is small sample or not, yet all the talk was Zeke against the Packers soft run def, and he got shut down and Amari went off. Seems like the packers will sell out to stop the WR or the RB. So I wouldn’t pair Goladay with Kerryon. I could be wrong, yet it makes sense to me 🤷‍♂️

Edit…but…I just made a lineup that nicely fit golladay, hock, and Kerryon…so..theres that…haha

• Bnett2210

Anyone like Mckissic for 1000?

• Dakotasbest

I can never get the defenses right in these things. Last nights game for example, lets say you thought Rivers was going to light it up with Henry and Williams. Why would I be playing the Steelers D? Is this just a way to differentiate from the field or is it more savings? I have been seeing a lot of stacks on one side of the ball but playing the opposing D in showdowns.
    It does give more opportunities for opposing defense to score I guess but is the TD variance for defenses worth it?

• superstars92

@LuckyChuck467 said...

First season of DFS NFL, here. I’ve been lurking, learning, and this forum has been helpful to me. I wish I’d offered my 2 cents about Robby Anderson. I blew the rest of the entries with the likes of Everett at TE, etc. but I did win the 500 crowns. Sunday morning, it just clicked with his speed and Darnold’s long ball capabilities for a flex spot.
    Going with Galladay as captain tonight with Stafford, K Johnson, Jones, McKissic. Jamall Williams in a GPP

I did offer my 2 cents about Robby Anderson (it’s like one of the earlier pages or you can check my post history), but I got made fun of, so I went back to my bunker for the rest of the week. Haha, just kidding, I don’t actually mind the so called “criticism” here…I read the posts and don’t think they are as toxic as people say they are.

• Tgirl

Thanks for the advice on the line ups, as well as forum etiquette.🙂appreciate it..

• superstars92

@Dakotasbest said...

I can never get the defenses right in these things. Last nights game for example, lets say you thought Rivers was going to light it up with Henry and Williams. Why would I be playing the Steelers D? Is this just a way to differentiate from the field or is it more savings? I have been seeing a lot of stacks on one side of the ball but playing the opposing D in showdowns.
    It does give more opportunities for opposing defense to score I guess but is the TD variance for defenses worth it?

Obviously because those guys thought the Steelers defense was gonna score a TD, and then the Steelers were gonna run the ball to get an even bigger lead, so the Chargers had to throw it all 2nd half with Rivers to Henry and Williams =p

• superstars92

@Njsum1 said...

I like all those players, just not in the same lineup. Can’t tell if this is small sample or not, yet all the talk was Zeke against the Packers soft run def, and he got shut down and Amari went off. Seems like the packers will sell out to stop the WR or the RB. So I wouldn’t pair Goladay with Kerryon. I could be wrong, yet it makes sense to me 🤷‍♂️

Zeke got shut down more by Aaron Jones, you know what I mean.

• Njsum1

@Tgirl said...

Thanks for the advice on the line ups, as well as forum etiquette.🙂appreciate it..

Haha…it’s that on the last we page we had a brief conversation on how to get your posts answered. So I was just messing around.😁

• Njsum1

@superstars92 said...

Zeke got shut down more by Aaron Jones, you know what I mean.

Ah, your right. Ypc and catch were nice, just not a lot of chances.

• superstars92

@realphipps said...

The NBA forum was the best until some guy ruined it. Not Durham, but some dude who never contributed at all complaining about gifs.

As for tonight, Packers are 3rd best in the NFL at running the ball up the gut (B gaps in) and run about 35% of their carries that way. DET is the 6th best at defending those runs. What to do?

Wait are you talking about our forum moderator?

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

@superstars92 said...

Obviously because those guys thought the Steelers defense was gonna score a TD, and then the Steelers were gonna run the ball to get an even bigger lead, so the Chargers had to throw it all 2nd half with Rivers to Henry and Williams =p

I am so pissed at myself…. as a San Diegan watching the Chargers for years, the winning lineup was the most predictable ever… Conner/PIT/backup RB and Chargers air game/// one could have played 3 versions of it a Rivers/henry/Williams, Rivers/Keenan/Williams and Rivers/Henry/Keenan… it was so obvious that Phyllis would be rattled by the yellow towels and would turn the ball over early.

Yet, I bought into the Steelers 3rd stringer QB being terrible and Chargers D, Henry being limited and PIT unable to cover Keenan in the slot… what a moron I have been. Kicking myself

• superstars92

@wilks3579 said...

Alexander is 5’ 10” and King is 6’ 3”, i am fairly certain Jaire always covers the shorter reciever, Marvin Jones in this case.

It’s interesting because Marvin Jones is also really tall, although shorter than Golladay like you said.

• Bnett2210

@Unico10 said...

I am so pissed at myself…. as a San Diegan watching the Chargers for years, the winning lineup was the most predictable ever… Conner/PIT/backup RB and Chargers air game/// one could have played 3 versions of it a Rivers/henry/Williams, Rivers/Keenan/Williams and Rivers/Henry/Keenan… it was so obvious that Phyllis would be rattled by the yellow towels and would turn the ball over early.

Yet, I bought into the Steelers 3rd stringer QB being terrible and Chargers D, Henry being limited and PIT unable to cover Keenan in the slot… what a moron I have been. Kicking myself

I mean I believe the Keenan Allen not being able to be covered was the right play regardless. As a Steelers fan, I had 100% KA, and from his ownership most ppl thought the same. It would have been a great fade obviously, but more often than not you know fading him In that spot is usually going to bite you more than it’s going to hurt you.

• ASitar

@Dakotasbest said...

It’s a play on ownership. If Pitt gets 18 DK points at 18% and SD puts up 3 at 47% there’s a big swing. Take the right 2 chalky players you have to have and then pivot on a few. Williams over Jones/Allison over MVS/MJJ over Golladay/Hoch over Graham. That’s the pendulum swing when wacky ish happens You could probably fade Jones, Stafford and MVS and be sitting real good if they combine 35 DK points.

• lovetohate

@LuckyChuck467 said...

I’ve been lurking here for years . Don’t play much weekly , maybe one hundred to two hundred on average .
    This a hobby to me that I suck at .
    I play nba and nfl . I read the thread every week I just don’t talk cause Im not good , never won anything significant ao I don’t feel I have anything input wise to add to this thread .I’m sure there are thousands of people like me on this site .

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).