1:00 PM EST : Denver ( 9 ) at New England ( -9 ) —- T: —
    1:00 PM EST : Houston ( 2 ) at Tennessee ( -2 ) —- T: —
    4:05 PM EST : Green Bay ( -1.5 ) at Tampa Bay ( 1.5 ) —- T: 51.5
    4:25 PM EST : NY Jets ( 0 ) at Miami ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:20 PM EST : LA Rams ( -3 ) at San Francisco ( 3 ) —- T: 49

Monday, 10/19
    5:00 PM EST : Kansas City ( -3.5 ) at Buffalo ( 3.5 ) —- T: —
    8:15 PM EST : Arizona ( -2.5 ) at Dallas ( 2.5 ) —- T: 53

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Joeltimb

@winnerchickendinner said...

Probably just McLaurin himself. Allen has no one else to throw to for 300+ yards and their backs would probably take the touchdowns near the goalline.

Not worried about Bradbury?

• winnerchickendinner

@Joeltimb said...

Not worried about Bradbury?

Well he was able to get 10 for 118 against the Baltimore DBs,then again he was shut down vs the panthers last year so like alot of matchups with top tier WRs its a coinflip sometimes. Remembered when AB when against that Bouye and Ramsey and put on a show so

• Bnett2210

I know the Bears D is tough, so just looking for thoughts on Davis and Anderson??? The Fantasy Cruncher optimizer can’t keep them out of lineups, and I’m trying to get thoughts on it, and if they’re going to be a lot lower owned than they have been recently??

• feezyg

@Bnett2210 said...

I know the Bears D is tough, so just looking for thoughts on Davis and Anderson??? The Fantasy Cruncher optimizer can’t keep them out of lineups, and I’m trying to get thoughts on it, and if they’re going to be a lot lower owned than they have been recently??

I wouldn’t play Robby. I remember Teddy from his Vikings days against us, and he’s the same guy. If he even attempted to be slightly mobile he might be dangerous, but he really thinks he’s an actual QB and I doubt our defense is having any of that. Expect sacks, interceptions, and of course a Bears loss on a last second field goal……

• NDNole

@Bnett2210 said...

Robbie will do what he has been doing so far this year I think. Pretty safe floor for him. Wouldnt be surprised if he hit 25.

• NDNole

@feezyg said...

Expect sacks, interceptions, and of course a Bears loss on a last second field goal……

You shush your mouth.

BEARDOWN.

LOL

• Bnett2210

@feezyg said...

I wouldn’t play Robby. I remember Teddy from his Vikings days against us, and he’s the same guy. If he even attempted to be slightly mobile he might be dangerous, but he really thinks he’s an actual QB and I doubt our defense is having any of that. Expect sacks, interceptions, and of course a Bears loss on a last second field goal……

Yea I’m not on Teddy at all, but Robby has shown a pretty safe floor with upside and Davis id say will be targeted heavily, and needed more than usual with the quick check down with the pressure on Teddy. I’m just trying to gauge how much interest there is in them, and why FC loves them this week, and my experience with FC optimizer when they’re pretty set and high on guys like they are with them right now, they turn out to be solid plays.

• Bnett2210

@NDNole said...

Robbie will do what he has been doing so far this year I think. Pretty safe floor for him. Wouldnt be surprised if he hit 25.

Yea I agree with the floor and 25 upside. I can see Davis being relied on heavily as I posted in response to the other post about it. Going to keep them in consideration since past experience with FC optimizer on guys they are always jamming in lineups, they always seem to be good plays that week. Waiting to see ownership at end of the week, and if they are lower owned and not talked about much I will like them more for GPP.

• feezyg

I’m always leery when guys tell me they’re off a quarterback, then in the very same breath, tells me to play his receiver…

• winnerchickendinner

@feezyg said...

I’m always leery when guys tell me they’re off a quarterback, then in the very same breath, tells me to play his receiver…

I mean you wouldn’t have done well playing Thielen and Cousins in big GPPs if they were in the main slate last week or pairing Crowder with Flacco either. Yardage and touchdowns matter most to QBs and some don’t provide that other than throwing to their best target.

• TopDawgs07

BIF and Hazy, what are your thoughts on QB this week?

• infantryboys

@zeeshan2 said...

lol

Houston sports teams are a mess; our basketball team’s GM just stepped down

I don’t live far from Houston and this is a true statement.

• Way2fast23

I want to lock in James Robinson against the Lions but I just don’t trust Jay Gruden if they go down by 10 or more points early. A lot of people seem to like the Lions offense this week but I feel like it would hold Robinson back from smashing. Anybody else off Robinson this week or is he a good play?

• thehazyone

RG Contributor

• Blogger of the Month

@TopDawgs07 said...

I’m gonna play an overpriced Aaron Rodgers. Don’t know about anything else yet. I don’t start researching until Friday. Will post thoughts Saturday morning. That said I can say my
    Initial thought on RB is Mattison is someone I’ll be way underweight on.

• Bnett2210

@feezyg said...

I’m always leery when guys think because you like a WR and not the QB as much, its bad advice. Plenty of times the QB doesn’t have a big game or right under value, but guess what happens for that WR if he’s the one on the receiving end of most of the little bit the QB does

Edit: and just because someone says they’re not on a QB but on the WR don’t mean anything, it could simply be the fact his price is right around better plays.

• TopDawgs07

@thehazyone said...

I’m gonna play an overpriced Aaron Rodgers. Don’t know about anything else yet. I don’t start researching until Friday. Will post thoughts Saturday morning. That said I can say my
    Initial thought on RB is Mattison is someone I’ll be way underweight on.

I feel like ARod is hot and would love to prove something playing TB12. He’s probably the QB I’m highest on. I agree on Mattison, especially with the increased price.

• RatedDAL

@jlowery73 said...

Quarterback just looks bad this week IMO…I’m hoping the Falcons game plays. I see Stafford mentioned several times, not to say he isn’t occasionally a decent play but if he’s being mentioned a lot then it has to be a down QB week lol.

I never like using Stafford when the Lions should win. I prefer situations where he’s at home against an Offensive juggernaut like the Chiefs last year, Packers, or Saints.

• BIF

@mbunner23 said...

I mean I’ll probably end up not doing it but I’m not in love with Kittle and the 49ers this season. Jimmy G seems to have regressed.

I’m just in desperate need of RBs in that league. I’m crazy deep at WR.

For Kittle who has had a smash game and was a late 1st round or middle 2nd round pick you should be able to command a player like Carson in return. For a premium TE1 where there are only Kelce and Andrews who get equivalent consistent targets, you demand a RB1 in return and not some 10-12 touch committee guy. Only 2 teams in your league have a quality tight end – shop Kittle around to other owners and you’ll get a better offer.

Bell’s future is unknown and likely a committee role at best based on the teams rumoured to be interested. He is an RB2 or RB3.

• BIF

@TopDawgs07 said...

Having the Chiefs, Bills, and Cardinals on MNF depletes the QB’s a bit.

But what a 2-game MNF slate we will have 👏👏

• BIF

@thehazyone said...

Yo @BIF – avatar bet?

Let me think on that – the upside of a win is fun but the downside of a loss is gut-wrenching and I post a lot more than you so I’d have to see it a lot more 😂

• feezyg

@Bnett2210 said...

Plenty of times the QB doesn’t have a big game or right under value, but guess what happens for that WR if he’s the one on the receiving end of most of the little bit the QB does

Edit: and just because someone says they’re not on a QB but on the WR don’t mean anything, it could simply be the fact his price is right around better plays.

Fine, play Robby, but if I was using your logic about bad QBs I’d play McLaurin…..

• BIF

@TopDawgs07 said...

Still looking but my early leans are all the chalky ones: Fitz, Rodgers, Watson, Ryan and mix in some Lamar, Brady, Stafford

• Bnett2210

@feezyg said...

Fine, play Robby, but if I was using your logic about bad QBs I’d play McLaurin…..

How many times did u HAVE to play Haskins and yet McLaurin had good games and was heavily played, but nobody would touch Haskins?? Robby has a safe floor with upside, and if his ownership is going to be down then he’s a good GPP play.

Edit: I been out of service and not whole post have been going thru so have to edit, but McLaurin is always in play and you don’t have to like who is throwing the ball to him to have a good game. All McLaurin or Robby in this case needs is to catch most of the targets he gets and get in the end zone where he’s been targeted consistently.

• Bnett2210

Bif, thoughts on Big Ben (I’m a Steelers homer) so talk me off it if I’m just going with my heart on it, but I think Ben who is quietly having a good year and avg 21fpts a game at home, where he is better to play at against a bad Browns D (especially if Sendejo starts) normally the games are slug fest and get some high scoring ones here and there, but our Defense hasn’t got into mid season form on the secondary yet, so I could see it being a fairly high scoring game and Ben having a solid stat line.

• feezyg

@Bnett2210 said...

How many times did u HAVE to play Haskins and yet McLaurin had good games and was heavily played, but nobody would touch Haskins?? Robby has a safe floor with upside, and if his ownership is going to be down then he’s a good GPP play.

The real question is why does Robby have 1 receiving touchdown on the season when he’s 10th in the league in targets? We know why McLaurin only has one and it wasn’t Haskins, it was LAR BAL CLE ARI defense….

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.