1:00 PM EST : Denver ( 9 ) at New England ( -9 ) —- T: —
    1:00 PM EST : Houston ( 2 ) at Tennessee ( -2 ) —- T: —
    4:05 PM EST : Green Bay ( -1.5 ) at Tampa Bay ( 1.5 ) —- T: 51.5
    4:25 PM EST : NY Jets ( 0 ) at Miami ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:20 PM EST : LA Rams ( -3 ) at San Francisco ( 3 ) —- T: 49

Monday, 10/19
    5:00 PM EST : Kansas City ( -3.5 ) at Buffalo ( 3.5 ) —- T: —
    8:15 PM EST : Arizona ( -2.5 ) at Dallas ( 2.5 ) —- T: 53

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• marker0357

@jdtrey said...

Brady played like crap, was missing weapons and forgot what down it was. You are VASTLY overestimating how good the Bears and their defense are.

They beat Tampa who was missing their best weapon and who’s 2nd best was slightly hobbled, they beat a 1-3 Lions team without their best weapon, they beat the 0-5 Falcons who were also down their best weapon and are giving wins away like the soup kitchen this year, and they beat the 0-5 Giants who also happened to lose their best weapon.. I’m sensing a trend here.

sounds like a Galooli kneecap job on the horizon.

• dominicanpapi

So if Diontae Johnson is out, all the Claypool? Sounds like Jones isn’t going to play, so Ridley makes sense now as a run back in a Minny stack.

• yisman

MikeReiss

The Patriots will be canceling their Friday practice after a positive COVID-19 test, per a source. There is also a second test they are awaiting to confirm is a positive.

• realphipps

If Cleveland is without Wyatt Teller Sunday, that is a devastating blow to their run game. He’s not a big name, but he is the oil of their zone scheme. Incredible pulling guard, great at the 2nd level.

I mention this because, while the Browns were already looking at a formidable PIT run defense, they want to control pace, and protect Baker, by running the ball.

Baker is injured and uncomfortable with pressure. As a lifelong Browns fan, perhaps doubt in in my DNA, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Case Keenum makes an appearance on Sunday.

• superjon

@Randallus said...

Alright hear me out Hazy. Nick Foles. Whatcha think? I’ve posed this question 80 times in here already and I’m waiting for someone to tell me to shut the **** up.

I already said Foles is a bad play. He has no upside and he’s a sub-par real life QB

There is a reason the dude is a Super Bowl MVP, but never gets the start unless someone gets injured.

• BIF

@squidkill said...

@Hazy

you gotta win our 4 man first to advance to the next level. Bif did you send that out yet?

Will do shortly

• JSteele

@Randallus said...

Dude, I’m not the only one?

Alright hear me out Hazy. Nick Foles. Whatcha think? I’ve posed this question 80 times in here already and I’m waiting for someone to tell me to shut the **** up.

After you have had some solid calls the last few weeks I shouldn’t bash your picks but I don’t think the QB pool is great this week, where a number of QBs could end up in the same range and Foles is one of them. Maybe he finishes around 18-22 points, doesn’t win a GPP, doesn’t kill you.

If i’m building a lineup, i’m probably looking at Big Ben, Aaron Rodgers, Matt Stafford, and Kirk Cousins before I even consider someone like Foles. I don’t make a ton of lineups each week so I won’t be getting to Foles this week.

• Njsum1

@realphipps said...

Baker is injured and uncomfortable with pressure. As a lifelong Browns fan, perhaps doubt in in my DNA, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Case Keenum makes an appearance on Sunday.

One of Jarvis Landry (if he goes) or Odell Beckham will prove very useful this weekend

• Randallus

@superjon said...

I already said Foles is a bad play. He has no upside and he’s a sub-par real life QB

There is a reason the dude is a Super Bowl MVP, but never gets the start unless someone gets injured.

Lol yeah, idk why I’m so high on him, but I am. I genuinely believe the man is going to pop off for some reason. 😂

I just think that game is gonna be well over the O/U and I’m expecting 3 TDs from Foles and about 25ish points. I don’t have much to back up my opinion though.

• Randallus

@JSteele said...

After you have had some solid calls the last few weeks I shouldn’t bash your picks but I don’t think the QB pool is great this week, where a number of QBs could end up in the same range and Foles is one of them. Maybe he finishes around 18-22 points, doesn’t win a GPP, doesn’t kill you.

If i’m building a lineup, i’m probably looking at Big Ben, Aaron Rodgers, Matt Stafford, and Kirk Cousins before I even consider someone like Foles. I don’t make a ton of lineups each week so I won’t be getting to Foles this week.

I don’t blame you. I’m expecting a 1% ownership on Foles. No one should be playing him, including me lol.

Unlike past weeks, I have nothing to back up my Foles claim. Prolly a stupid play, but I’m gonna put him in 2 out of 20 lineups. If my Foles/Mooney stack pays off (because Douglas on Robinson), the salary freed up for the likes of Mattison/Ridley and Henry/Fuller is gonna be nice.

• Jokey401

Playing 2 Rb’s from opposing teams in the same game does not correlate well. Correct? Considering Davis and Montgomery in the same lineup, but I don’t see how they can both do well, as it makes the game faster.

• Njsum1

@Jokey401 said...

Playing 2 Rb’s from opposing teams in the same game does not correlate well. Correct? Considering Davis and Montgomery in the same lineup, but I don’t see how they can both do well, as it makes the game faster.

That’s simply not true. Saw that mentioned by other content providers on YouTube. It’s just not true. Maybe both guys can’t get 30+ DK points but both could certainly do well.

Look at montgomery and Rojo last week. Look at Gurley and Davis last week as well. Chris Carson and Mattison last week.. that’s 3 examples from just LAST WEEK. Clearly not uncommon.

• JSteele

@Jokey401 said...

Both RBs can do fine in a close game. As long as neither team is up big by the 4th quarter, they should stick to their regular game plan.

• superjon

@Njsum1 said...

That’s simply not true. Saw that mentioned by other content providers on YouTube. It’s just not true. Maybe both guys can’t get 30+ DK points but both could certainly do well.

Look at montgomery and Rojo last week. Look at Gurley and Davis last week as well. Chris Carson and Mattison last week.. that’s 3 examples from just LAST WEEK. Clearly not uncommon.

Don’t forget about CMC and Jacobs when they played.

• Njsum1

@JSteele said...

Both RBs can do fine in a close game. As long as neither team is up big by the 4th quarter, they should stick to their regular game plan.

Game doesn’t even have to be close as long as it’s not a total blowout if both rbs catch passes.

• theghostofveebs

@dominicanpapi said...

So if Diontae Johnson is out, all the Claypool? Sounds like Jones isn’t going to play, so Ridley makes sense now as a run back in a Minny stack.

Dionte full practice on Thursday.

• billythekidcowboysheat

I might come off as a drunkard when i say i will be heavy on MJJ🥃

Correction: looks like cj henderson is a go, so he covers mjj on the right side of the field?

• theghostofveebs

@theghostofveebs said...

Dionte full practice on Thursday.

correction: limited Thursday

• Skee

Looks like the game itself is not sneaky from the total points standpoint but is Brady in play for a GPP? If you consider the league WWE-esque at times the Brady-Rodgers matchup would probably have calls leaning towards both QBs and although I’d rather Rodgers especially with how on-fire he is, Brady could get close enough to be just as valuable per salary (FD).
    Also if Rodgers has his weapons healthy its seems easier to let Brady spread it to whoever and take Rodgers’ weapons.

Off-base? Too popular of a game to stack? I also have over $1k on the table still so I’m not even leveraging my Brady play right when I could still afford Rodgers.

• Static823

do you think it’s time for me to bench Lamar Jackson in favor of Teddy Bridgewater?

• emnj69

@theghostofveebs said...

correction: limited Thursday

he is out on sunday

• TopDawgs07

@Skee said...

Looks like the game itself is not sneaky from the total points standpoint but is Brady in play for a GPP? If you consider the league WWE-esque at times the Brady-Rodgers matchup would probably have calls leaning towards both QBs and although I’d rather Rodgers especially with how on-fire he is, Brady could get close enough to be just as valuable per salary (FD).
    Also if Rodgers has his weapons healthy its seems easier to let Brady spread it to whoever and take Rodgers’ weapons.

Off-base? Too popular of a game to stack? I also have over $1k on the table still so I’m not even leveraging my Brady play right when I could still afford Rodgers.

I was close to posing this question to our resident Tampa Bay fan, BIF. As the week goes on, I like ARod some in GPP, but what about the other side of the field. Does TB12 answer the bell this week?

• fitz2k2

@emnj69 said...

he is out on sunday

So would ward shadow claypool?

• IronMonkey415

Dionte vertebrae are still giving him a problem. He is officially out.

• Njsum1

@Skee said...

I’m trying to figure out this game, as I know it will be popular. It’s Brady versus Rodgers, it’s one of only 2 Hammer games, and it has a high total, yet I don’t know. I feel like both defenses are capable as well. And Brady is not as good as he once was. He’s still good, but not top 10.

I think I’m more interested in some players other than the QB’s here. Adams, Rojo, Evans if Godwin is out, and maybe, maybe some brate…maybe 🤷‍♂️

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).