1:00 PM EST : Denver ( 9 ) at New England ( -9 ) —- T: —
    1:00 PM EST : Houston ( 2 ) at Tennessee ( -2 ) —- T: —
    4:05 PM EST : Green Bay ( -1.5 ) at Tampa Bay ( 1.5 ) —- T: 51.5
    4:25 PM EST : NY Jets ( 0 ) at Miami ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:20 PM EST : LA Rams ( -3 ) at San Francisco ( 3 ) —- T: 49

Monday, 10/19
    5:00 PM EST : Kansas City ( -3.5 ) at Buffalo ( 3.5 ) —- T: —
    8:15 PM EST : Arizona ( -2.5 ) at Dallas ( 2.5 ) —- T: 53

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Bnett2210

@XxHeisenbergxX said...

Claypool is eventually going to be a big part of the offensive scheme as the year progresses..They want Diontae involved but if he isn’t healthy its a tricky read…they also tried a lot of gimmicky plays with that kid McCloud last week so you could see him put up a big number also..I think the long term goal is to find someone to free up JuJu but that hasn’t been the case as of yet. I thought Ebron was going to get a ton of run (Ben was at his best when he had Heath Miller) but that hasn’t been the case either..

I think this week is going to be a very high scoring game I think Ben could have a 4 TD day but I am clueless as who to stack him with.

I like Ben, and until our secondary gets in form like it was last year then there will be points put up, and could turn in to a shoot out. With Diontae out I like Claypool, but I have a feeling that JuJu is going to blow up this week after being pretty quiet and not much talk about him. I can also see James Washington getting overlooked and Ben hitting him on a deep ball. I know a lot of people will go to Chase (I will too some) but I just have a gut feeling that Juju is primed to blow up this week with the Claypool having a big game all the ownership for the Pitt passing game will mostly go there and for good reason. It’s hard to really lock in which one it’s going to be, but my gut tells me that Juju or Washington is the one that comes away with a bigger game. As for Ebron, I think he is going to be solid and has a little bit of a chip on his shoulder and try and make up for some mistakes last week.

• Njsum1

@marker0357 said...

I seem to keep landing on Trey Burton and Ebronics at TE.

Solid options….don’t mind Austin Hooper or Irv Smith if you’re willing to risk a 0, yet he’s only 2500.

And Mark Andrews he’s expensive, yet I have a lot of Lamar Andrews/Hollywood stacks

• Njsum1

@TJRhodes said...

I guess if you’re playing Swift you can make it work, but the value RB this week isn’t there, at least to the point I feel comfortable with it.

I think the value is fantastic at RB this week 🤷‍♂️

• Bnett2210

The more I mess with building lineups and the optimizer, the more I like AJ Brown and Scary Terry. Also, as mentioned earlier FC optimizer is loving Robby this week, so I could see him being a good GPP play too. What are the projections on Golladay and Thielen??

• realphipps

Make alternative plans if considering Corey Davis.

• Getty33

@Bnett2210 said...

The more I mess with building lineups and the optimizer, the more I like AJ Brown and Scary Terry. Also, as mentioned earlier FC optimizer is loving Robby this week, so I could see him being a good GPP play too. What are the projections on Golladay and Thielen??

Robby A was the master of inconsistency with the Jets for years. I’m not surprised he’s had a revelation in a new offense, but he’s more than due for a clunker especially against the Bears defense. I’m far more bullish on ARob3 as a WR in this game.

• squidkill

Who’s Texaspride on DK? Y’all want some of this?

• winnerchickendinner

@squidkill said...

Who’s Texaspride on DK? Y’all want some of this?

• Bnett2210

@Getty33 said...

Robby A was the master of inconsistency with the Jets for years. I’m not surprised he’s had a revelation in a new offense, but he’s more than due for a clunker especially against the Bears defense. I’m far more bullish on ARob3 as a WR in this game.

Yea I’m not saying he’s a great play because of the matchup, but on a few lineups for GPP I will have some exposure. I’m liking AJ and McLaurin a lot more than I was earlier in the week, of course along with Golladay, Thielen, and Crowder. My gut tells me for the Steelers that Juju or Washington has a good game. It could be the Steelers homer in me, but Juju has been quiet and unselfish as they been talking about, but I think this week he gets his. As for Washington it’s just a gut feeling, he’s averaged almost 5 targets a game (which isn’t great) but in the matchup with Claypool getting more recognition, I think Ben hits Washington on a deep ball or 2 and he gets close to 8 targets this game. As I said though that’s just a gut feeling and a leverage play that I think could hit. He is due for a good game and Ben is due to hit the deep ball.

• realphipps

In GPPs, I’m trying to become more confident in spending down and taking additional risks. Limited spend downs, mind you, but I rarely consider minimum or near minimum players outside of defenses.

I’m intrigued by Rashard Higgins at 3.0dk. A hobbled QB, a sick #1, a physically deteriorated #2. If Cleveland is down, he could see plenty of targets, especially considering the alternatives on the depth chart if one of Landry/Beckham misses or doesn’t finish the game.

• Njsum1

@realphipps said...

In GPPs, I’m trying to become more confident in spending down and taking additional risks. Limited spend downs, mind you, but I rarely consider minimum or near minimum players outside of defenses.

I’m intrigued by Rashard Higgins at 3.0dk. A hobbled QB, a sick #1, a physically deteriorated #2. If Cleveland is down, he could see plenty of targets, especially considering the alternatives on the depth chart if one of Landry/Beckham misses or doesn’t finish the game.

I was looking into him as well. If both obj and Landry go, I’ll still have a share, yet not multiple.

• TJRhodes

@Njsum1 said...

I think the value is fantastic at RB this week 🤷‍♂️

I’m just saying if you stack Rodgers and Adams then you have to get a little crazy somewhere since they are the 2nd highest priced QB and 1st WR. Even if you bring it back with RoJo he’s 6k which in what universe would we ever expect to pay that for him, regardless of matchup? I want no part of it. If you guys are building legit Rodgers Adam stacks and feeling good about it, congrats on your GPP win Sunday, hope Burton or whoever goes off for you.

• jleit13

@Hazy, just curious what you have for a touch projection on Swift or is it just a gut feel and low owned play? The thinking makes sense, a talented rookie who you spent a high pick on, easing him into the season and now coming out of a bye unleashing him a little more against a horrible run defense. I play mostly single entry gpps and I would love to play him so I could get rodgers and adams but im just not sure i have the stones for that in single entry ha.

• Getty33

@TJRhodes said...

I’m just saying if you stack Rodgers and Adams then you have to get a little crazy somewhere since they are the 2nd highest priced QB and 1st WR. Even if you bring it back with RoJo he’s 6k which in what universe would we ever expect to pay that for him, regardless of matchup? I want no part of it. If you guys are building legit Rodgers Adam stacks and feeling good about it, congrats on your GPP win Sunday, hope Burton or whoever goes off for you.

Just me, but never understood the run it back theory. If a team gets out to a quick lead and continues to pile it on with the passing game, why would the opponent’s RB suddenly be in play? This is exactly when they move away from it.

• theghostofveebs

@Getty33 said...

Just me, but never understood the run it back theory. If a team gets out to a quick lead and continues to pile it on with the passing game, why would the opponent’s RB suddenly be in play? This is exactly when they move away from it.

Many ways to answer this:
    (a) opposing RB is positively correlated with offensive skill production
    (b) opposing RB can do fantasy damage before the game is out of hand
    © opposing RB can be game script independent (see, for example, Sanders vs Pitt last week)
    (d) some teams doggedly stick with the run
    (e) magic

• Njsum1

@TJRhodes said...

If you guys are building legit Rodgers Adam stacks and feeling good about it, congrats on your GPP win Sunday, hope Burton or whoever goes off for you

Who’s you guys? I wrote the value at RB is good. Who said Rojo, even though he’s a fine play?

Who said Burton, although he’s fine too? Quite easy to build Rodgers to Adams stacks, without getting crazy. Or playing Rojo and Burton.

Why are you congratulating people on their GPP win for stacking Rodgers to Adams? I personally don’t love Rodgers this week. I like Adams more.

Yet RB value is plentiful…imo. Especially on DK where they are giving away 5+ target per week backs For under 6k 🤷‍♂️🍀🔥🍀

• jleit13

@Getty33 said...

Typically running it back is with a WR but you can use a pass catching RB. I think in this case the thought would be jones has a big game on the ground and the bucs get out to a early lead forcing ARod to throw a bunch and Adams to be on the other end of that. I wouldn’t use Rojo as a bring back thinking the bucs will be trailing by a few scores in this game with the uncertainty of fournettes role.

• Getty33

@theghostofveebs said...

Many ways to answer this:
    (a) opposing RB is positively correlated with offensive skill production
    (b) opposing RB can do fantasy damage before the game is out of hand
    © opposing RB can be game script independent (see, for example, Sanders vs Pitt last week)
    (d) some teams doggedly stick with the run
    (e) magic

A thru D are improbable. I vote E.

• thehazyone

RG Contributor

• Blogger of the Month

@jleit13 said...

@Hazy, just curious what you have for a touch projection on Swift or is it just a gut feel and low owned play? The thinking makes sense, a talented rookie who you spent a high pick on, easing him into the season and now coming out of a bye unleashing him a little more against a horrible run defense. I play mostly single entry gpps and I would love to play him so I could get rodgers and adams but im just not sure i have the stones for that in single entry ha.

Pretty much what you said. Increased role slightly last game too. And the matchup. I just think he takes away 5 of the touches AP has been getting putting him at 10+ with potential for 15 in the right game script. That’s enough for me.

• thehazyone

RG Contributor

• Blogger of the Month

@jleit13 said...

Typically running it back is with a WR but you can use a pass catching RB. I think in this case the thought would be jones has a big game on the ground and the bucs get out to a early lead forcing ARod to throw a bunch and Adams to be on the other end of that. I wouldn’t use Rojo as a bring back thinking the bucs will be trailing by a few scores in this game with the uncertainty of fournettes role.

RoJo is the perfect run back. Especially if you’ve paid any attention to this Packers defense.

• winnerchickendinner

Anyone else have Patriots by sub(Rear naked choke) Quarter two against the Broncos? !Tim Patrick might get alot of targets because of it.

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@IronMonkey415 said...

I want to play Robby Anderson so bad, but you guys are grabbing me by the neck saying NO NO, PLEASE DON’T PLAY HIM.

Not sure who was all anti-Anderson. I know someone other than me was. I specifically mentioned why he’s not a good play on paper. Said he was fine for GPP’s. There’s an area under that piece of paper where he isn’t a bad play. I’ll probably have a bit at some point as I build, build, and build more.

• feezyg

@Pandamonious said...

Not sure who was all anti-Anderson. I know someone other than me was. I specifically mentioned why he’s not a good play on paper. Said he was fine for GPP’s. There’s an area under that piece of paper where he isn’t a bad play. I’ll probably have a bit at some point as I build, build, and build more.

I just don’t think he cracks a hundred yards, that alone is enough to take me off him. Also, maybe I just have more respect for the Panthers options than most. My recommendation would be play Arob, he’s pretty much the only option. Beware though Panthers D is not trash and Bears could implode at any moment. In fact, ill say it since no else will, full fade this game…

• Randallus

@feezyg said...

I just don’t think he cracks a hundred yards, that alone is enough to take me off him. Also, maybe I just have more respect for the Panthers options than most. My recommendation would be play Arob, he’s pretty much the only option. Beware though Panthers D is not trash and Bears could implode at any moment. In fact, ill say it since no else will, full fade this game…

I’m doing a Foles stack, soooo….

Edit: looking forward to my 25 points from Foles with Mooney at 15 points. Run it back with Davis, sprinkle a little gaskin/Dolphins D, add some Henry/Fuller and some Tonyan/Godwin, and I’ll see y’all at the top.

• Njsum1

@feezyg said...

ill say it since no else will, full fade this game…

I like Montgomery. He’s been getting heavy passing game usage since Foles took over and Cohen is still out. For 5800 I’ll have a decent amount.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).