1:00 PM EST : Denver ( 9 ) at New England ( -9 ) —- T: —
    1:00 PM EST : Houston ( 2 ) at Tennessee ( -2 ) —- T: —
    4:05 PM EST : Green Bay ( -1.5 ) at Tampa Bay ( 1.5 ) —- T: 51.5
    4:25 PM EST : NY Jets ( 0 ) at Miami ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:20 PM EST : LA Rams ( -3 ) at San Francisco ( 3 ) —- T: 49

Monday, 10/19
    5:00 PM EST : Kansas City ( -3.5 ) at Buffalo ( 3.5 ) —- T: —
    8:15 PM EST : Arizona ( -2.5 ) at Dallas ( 2.5 ) —- T: 53

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@Njsum1 said...

This is the way to play NBA…imo. And to some degree NFL as well.

Unfortunately, in NFL it’s once a week and injury risk is substantially high, and many players are game flow dependent. So playing this strategy is much much riskier than playing it in NBA. It’s also tougher on one mentally, as if your wrong you have to wait a whole week to go at again.

Unfortunately the REFS play a HUGE role in your outcome, whether you realize or not. In MLB and NBA they play a very minor role. Don’t mean “you” specifically, talking about the proverbial “you.”

It’s not just ticky tack fouls that call back TD’s, it’s ticky tack fouls that keep a chalk teams drive going when it should have stalled out and ended in a punt. Yet instead it ends in a chalk QB hooking up with a chalk WR for a 60 yrd TD who you faded and tanks your currently winning. Or it’s a lower owned hook-up that sends you from 10th to 25th In a larger field GPP….again cutting your winnings significantly. Spreading it out a bit seems wiser in GPP’s.

Football is a great sport to play cash in, imo. Although I don’t, because whatever 🤷‍♂️
    As it greatly reduces the impact of refs and injuries as most players are highly owned in cash. You just need to differentiate in like 1 or 2 spots and you’re good.

True.

My definition of “heavy” is different for all sports. I don’t mind going 90% on a player in MLB or NBA. I treat NFL, slightly like NASCAR, where I never really go more than 60% on someone. Injury/wreck risk, the variables of a bad pit stop or blown tire or whether a player gets a TD or 2, or falls a few yards shy of a bonus, which is more significant in NFL than NBA points wise. There’s a greater need to “prepare for the worst.”

Admittedly of the 4 (NFL, NBA. MLB, NASCAR) NFL is the one I’ve had the least overall success with, so there’s definitely holes in my game. Maybe I do need to spread out more. My only real hesitancy to with QB’s specifically, is usually when all is said in done, the GPP’s, I’m in, I’m basically on the winning line up in my pool, minus 1 player, and or minus the right defense. We all know defense is relatively difficult to predict. The player I’m always missing, is the random blowups like Fulgham or Claypool like last week, where I suppose I may have fallen if I went further outward. Semi-Ironically I had a small convo with someone last week about the Philly wideouts and how PIT had a high aDOT allowed. I ended up with shares of Hightower, but never went with Fulgham, as I thought Whiteside’s return might impact him more. Also had PIT stacks led by Ben with variations of Conner/JuJu/Johnson/Ebron, and contemplated throwing Claypool in 1 or 2, but never did, regrettably. So, even with them I wasn’t there, but it’s not like the thought wasn’t, I just didn’t execute it.

Anyway, I get spreading out more in NFL than other sports, just seems like there has to be a position or two, where you really trim back the pool, to open up to the higher variant spots, and QB seems like a place to plant a flag. Especially when it seems like the range of outcomes at QB are more condensed.

• SoreOnSunday

Alright is Mattison the same as Cook as far as talent?? His ownership shocks me for that price pt…(the $6100 on the tues-sun slate isn’t as bad I’ll have some there) but man ppl are taking him over Davis and Conner?! Crazy…

• PapaDBets

@SoreOnSunday said...

Alright is Mattison the same as Cook as far as talent?? His ownership shocks me for that price pt…(the $6100 on the tues-sun slate isn’t as bad I’ll have some there) but man ppl are taking him over Davis and Conner?! Crazy…

Don’t think you have to take him over Davis or Connor, you just can’t have all three. I have Mattison/Davis combo in quite a few lineups this week

• Dr_Gonzo

No one on Scotty Miller after his goose egg?

• winnerchickendinner

@Dr_Gonzo said...

No one on Scotty Miller after his goose egg?

Not with the matchup and Godwin back

• Dr_Gonzo

@winnerchickendinner said...

Not with the matchup and Godwin back

Kevin King is questionable. I might throw a couple darts, $4200 in a game with a 55 point total. It would not be surprising if Evans or Godwin don’t finish the game.

• Gaskin vs sanders gpp?

Side note: I’ll probaly just end up having lineups with them both, but i have been on gaskin all week. My only thing with gaskin is whether he has the ceiling or not, sanders matchup while still tough, ravens have a few injuries that could lessen the blow and he has shown to have ceiling games.

• winnerchickendinner

@Dr_Gonzo said...

Kevin King is questionable. I might throw a couple darts, $4200 in a game with a 55 point total. It would not be surprising if Evans or Godwin don’t finish the game.

• NDNole

@billythekidcowboysheat said...

Gaskin vs sanders gpp?

Side note: I’ll probaly just end up having lineups with them both, but i have been on gaskin all week. My only thing with gaskin is whether he has the ceiling or not, sanders matchup while still tough, ravens have a few injuries that could lessen the blow and he has shown to have ceiling games.

Eagles line has two injuries that may make it tough for the offense. Take a look at their line injuries for this week.

• 33BeRad

@billythekidcowboysheat said...

Gaskin vs sanders gpp?

Sanders is the better gpp play. Has lower ownership and probably a higher ceiling. Are we going to be shocked tomorrow if Gaskin finishes with like a 14-66-0 and like 4 catches for 30 yds? Breida or Fitz could steal a td away from him and do we know if Howard is playing yet?

• NDNole

@Njsum1 said...

I’m extremely high on Landry and OBJ if they go, and don’t mind Hooper either. Or a one off on Higgins.

I dont know why but I kept landing on landry. Dont currently have him in a lineup but its good to see his name pop up so im not crazy.

• NDNole

@Dr_Gonzo said...

Just seeing some late night news, Carlton Davis questionable. Felt Adams had the advantage anyway but now could be a monster

Outside of prime time or peak revis island, adams is a monster vs anyone.

• winnerchickendinner

@Dr_Gonzo said...

duplicate

• winnerchickendinner

If Montogomery becomes this weeks Robinson

• 33BeRad

@winnerchickendinner said...

If Montogomery becomes this weeks Robinson

What does this even mean?

• winnerchickendinner

@33BeRad said...

What does this even mean?

Last week Robinson had a good matchup against bad texans D and went splat. I have a good amount of Montgomery so it might happen again on a pass first team that may get behind early.

• How much do we like Aaron Jones with Vita Vea out?

• thehazyone

RG Contributor

• Blogger of the Month

Overweight:

QB – Daniel Jones, Cam Newton, Matt Ryan, Lamar Jackson, Ben Roethlisberger, Aaron Rodgers
    RB – Jonathan Taylor, Derrick Henry, Aaron Jones, Joe Mixon, Kareem Hunt, Ronald Jones, D’Andre Swift, Damien Harris
    WR – Terry McLaurin, Darnell Mooney, Travis Fulgham, Damiere Byrd, Darius Slayton, DaVante Adams, LaViska Shenault, Chris Godwin, Julio Jones, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Marvin Jones
    TE – Eric Ebron, Mark Andrews, Robert Tonyan
    DST – Patriots, Colts, Steelers

Underweight:

QB – Ryan Tannehill*, Ryan Fitzpatrick*, Matthew Stafford, DeShaun Watson, Kirk Cousins
    RB – Alexander Mattison*, Mike Davis*, David Montgomery*, Philip Lindsay
    WR – A.J. Brown*, Adam Thielen*, Kenny Golladay*, Chase Claypool*, DeVante Parker, Robby Anderson
    TE – Trey Burton*, Irv Smith*, Jonnu Smith

• - Cash option for me which makes it easier for me to go underweight in GPP’s

Just a general note – underweight means 50% or less than projected ownership. Overweight means minimum double projected ownership. I never play more than 50% of a player so if I go overweight on a chalk player that’s the cap.

• thehazyone

RG Contributor

• Blogger of the Month

@DepressedSteelersFan said...

How much do we like Aaron Jones with Vita Vea out?

You aren’t playing him to get 100 yards rushing. You’re playing him for the TD potential inside the 5 and his receiving work. I think he’s a great GPP play and I’ll have him in around 25% of my lineups.

• monarch

Eric Ebron looking really strong to me

• marker0357

@thehazyone said...

You aren’t playing him to get 100 yards rushing. You’re playing him for the TD potential inside the 5 and his receiving work. I think he’s a great GPP play and I’ll have him in around 25% of my lineups.

I’m thinking the same for Mixon actually

• Njsum1

@marker0357 said...

I think Mixon might correlate well with Taylor here if his passing game in negative game scripts involvement continues.

Taylor goes for 100 and a TD. Run it back with Mixon who gets 20 carries for 60 yards, yet catches 6 balls for 45 yards and a 1/3 chance at a TD.

• Njsum1

@NDNole said...

I dont know why but I kept landing on landry. Dont currently have him in a lineup but its good to see his name pop up so im not crazy.

You know why…get him in a few 👍🍀🔥🏈🍀🍀🍀🔥🏈🍀🍀

• thehazyone

RG Contributor

• Blogger of the Month

@marker0357 said...

I like Mixon this week (hence me being overweight on him)

• monarch

Jarvis Landry (4900) is looking like a great bringback play with Ben stacks. WRs targeted 91 times vs Steelers through four games. 18 targets vs Steelers last season.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).