1:00 PM EST : Green Bay ( -4.5 ) at Chicago ( 4.5 ) —- T: 45.5
    1:00 PM EST : LA Rams ( -10.5 ) at NY Giants ( 10.5 ) —- T: 47.5
    4:05 PM EST : Arizona ( 3 ) at Cleveland ( -3 ) —- T: 53
    4:25 PM EST : Dallas ( -3.5 ) at New England ( 3.5 ) —- T: 48
    4:25 PM EST : Las Vegas ( 3 ) at Denver ( -3 ) —- T: 44.5
    8:20 PM EST : Seattle ( 4 ) at Pittsburgh ( -4 ) —- T: 43

Monday, 10/18
    8:15 PM EST : Buffalo ( -3.5 ) at Tennessee ( 3.5 ) —- T: 53.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• thedkexperience

@NDNole said...

Wow. I think he is gonna crush in bestball now lol. He was already doing just fine.

If you have the time to kill reading the bestball posts from the preseason now would be quite entertaining.

• thedkexperience

@Wsdm61987 said...

So last nights matchup and todays news out of Philly leads me to believe that Sirianni couldn’t get out of his own way. As I stated yesterday if the the Eagles staff were really payin’ attention they would have realized that Tampas defense could have been had by the running backs as shown the previous week with Miami and Myles Gaskin. I think his staff saw that the Bucs secondary––primarily––was reelin’ so they thought they could take complete advantage of that, which I agree they could have, but they went about it the wrong way. I also believe the staff looked at the resume of the Bucs defense over the past couple years and saw that they’re a solid run defense and decided runnin’ wasn’t an option until the second half, where they saw success (I don’t understand why teams do this still).

Gainwell and Sanders had a total of 13 touches combined through the whole game and I think Sanders only had 5 touches through the first half and Gainwell had 0. They get those 2 more involved in the first half in the run game and the pass game, they win that game easy because then what that does to the backend is bring them up closer to the line which in turn opens up plays down the field and play-action is more effective. That then leads Bowles to switch up his defensive scheme for the game and blitz to put more pressure on Jaylen, but it happens to work in his favor because he’s really good against the blitz and hurts, ( yes I did, yes pun intended) the Bucs.

On another note, the timin’ of Ertz gettin’ traded is kind of odd, but it was a foregone conclusion that he was gonna be dealt at some point given all the news prior to the start of the season. I think the Eagles are high on Jack Stoll, whether that translates to more snaps on offense remains to be seen, but I think they wanna see what they have in him.

There was no realm of reality where the Eagles were winning last nights game easily and no one in Philly cares about Jack Stoll.

It’s the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. If the Eagles were able to run the ball successfully in the first half and grab a lead then Tampa would have just shrugged, stopped handing it to Lenny, and have Brady throw until they had their final score in the 40s.

• thedkexperience

@CheeseCutter said...

And now he’s been ruled out. Kareem Hunt will be the bellcow in iffy Cleveland weather. I was hoping Chubb would play.

Hunt might not be as much of an auto start as it looks. He’ll probably still get 16-22 and be a quality play but if anything I think this raises the value of Cleveland’s passing game from garbage to potentially usable.

• thedkexperience

@timusbr said...

0-5, they did lose to a bunch of playoff bound teams.
    The yard sale is now open
    nothing odd about that.

If the players dont have respect for the coach, He will be gone soon enough. I am not defending the play calling or anything, Just IMHO the white flag is raised. So when at the end of the year against less than teams they will get a couple of wins and the organization can claim a possible bright future with whoever is the new interim coach.

Eagles are 2-4.

• thedkexperience

@siddom said...

Showdown is 100% easier than classic.

I think it’s significantly easier to cash in a showdown than the main slate.

It’s difficult to win 1st at every tournament but if you blindly play WR cap, QB, QB, X, X each week and your X’s aren’t complete dart throws you’ll probably double your buy in more often than not.

And sometimes your X is OJ Howard so sky is the limit.

• Wsdm61987

@thedkexperience said...

There was no realm of reality where the Eagles were winning last nights game easily and no one in Philly cares about Jack Stoll.

It’s the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. If the Eagles were able to run the ball successfully in the first half and grab a lead then Tampa would have just shrugged, stopped handing it to Lenny, and have Brady throw until they had their final score in the 40s.

The final score was 28-22 and that’s with Philly’s staff not puttin’ together a proper gameplan and playin’ to Hurts’ strengths. If Miles Sanders alone gets more involved in the gameplan, never mind Gainwell, the outcome of that game is different. It’s plausible to suggest that Philly could have won by 2 scores. My point is Tampa didn’t do much in the way of stoppin’ Philly so much as the coachin’ staff stalled the team on their own because of gameplan and in game adjustments. Philly lost that game more than Tampa won.

Also who is the number 2 TE behind Goedert now since Ertz is gone? Stoll. The Eagles clearly knew goin’ into the game they were gonna trade Ertz so if Goedert is unable to play next week who steps into that role? Stoll. I don’t see how they don’t care about him if they utilize 12 personnel which requires two TE. They only have one other healthy TE on the squad besides Goedert/Stoll. Jackson and Croom are on IR. He might not have a significant role to begin with, but I don’t see how he doesn’t get on the field more.

• BIF

@timusbr said...

0-5, they did lose to a bunch of playoff bound teams.
    The yard sale is now open
    nothing odd about that.

If the players dont have respect for the coach, He will be gone soon enough. I am not defending the play calling or anything, Just IMHO the white flag is raised. So when at the end of the year against less than teams they will get a couple of wins and the organization can claim a possible bright future with whoever is the new interim coach.

What’s 0-5 ?

Philly was 2-3 going into last night

• BIF

@thedkexperience said...

Truth – that game felt like the TV network called down to the Tampa bench after they got up 28-7 and said “can you take your foot off the gas, we need people to stay interest and keep watching”.

• Gtzerphy

@Wsdm61987 said...

The final score was 28-22 and that’s with Philly’s staff not puttin’ together a proper gameplan and playin’ to Hurts’ strengths. If Miles Sanders alone gets more involved in the gameplan, never mind Gainwell, the outcome of that game is different. It’s plausible to suggest that Philly could have won by 2 scores. My point is Tampa didn’t do much in the way of stoppin’ Philly so much as the coachin’ staff stalled the team on their own because of gameplan and in game adjustments. Philly lost that game more than Tampa won.

Also who is the number 2 TE behind Goedert now since Ertz is gone? Stoll. The Eagles clearly knew goin’ into the game they were gonna trade Ertz so if Goedert is unable to play next week who steps into that role? Stoll. I don’t see how they don’t care about him if they utilize 12 personnel which requires two TE. They only have one other healthy TE on the squad besides Goedert/Stoll. Jackson and Croom are on IR. He might not have a significant role to begin with, but I don’t see how he doesn’t get on the field more.

Is Richard Rodgers still on the roster?

• BIF

@Wsdm61987 said...

You gained more yards on Pass Interference calls than you did actually passing the ball until you were down 28-7 and the Bucs softened their coverage and let the Eagles catch short passes in front of them and that was with 5 defensive starters out of the lineup.

It’s like you watched a different game than the rest of the country

• BIF

@Gtzerphy said...

Is Richard Rodgers still on the roster?

The Cardinals signed him off the Eagles practice squad a couple days ago

• bazerko

More like the Arizona Eagles

• Gtzerphy

@BIF said...

The Cardinals signed him off the Eagles practice squad a couple days ago

How ironic, he and Ertz are teammates again.

• thedkexperience

@Wsdm61987 said...

No. It’s not plausible. That’s an insane take.

The score was 28-14 and TB took their foot completely off the gas in the 3rd quarter. It wasn’t anything the Eagles were doing, TB just knew they had it in the bag.

The moment that Philly scored a TD against a bored Bucs team and got within 1 score TB ended it. They even kneeled out the last 2 minutes.

There is literally no universe where the Eagles were a remote threat at any part of that game and to think that TB wouldn’t have played the game differently if the Eagles ran successfully in the first half is silly.

Your take is just laughably inaccurate. The only thing Stoll is gonna do is block.

You’re either someone who didn’t watch the game, an Eagles fan over dosing on hopium, or you just started watching football this week.

• thedkexperience

@BIF said...

Truth – that game felt like the TV network called down to the Tampa bench after they got up 28-7 and said “can you take your foot off the gas, we need people to stay interest and keep watching”.

Exactly.

• superjon

Trying to pay more attention to defensive injuries.

With Shaq Thompson being out for Carolina (he leads the team in tackles). Does that make Dalvin Cook a better play?

• winnerchickendinner

Really liking double TE Kelce and Andrews this week on DK.

• BIF

@winnerchickendinner said...

Really liking double TE Kelce and Andrews this week on DK.

I see why but what punts are you playing to allow you to spend $12,200 on 2 TE/Flex

• emoney1214

Anyone have insight on Oakland’s pass defense? They have played some poor wr groups but did shutdown Mike Williams. Are they that good or is it still matchup based on the teams they have played? Thinking about Sutton in the midrange/cheaper player.

• Wsdm61987

@thedkexperience said...

No. It’s not plausible. That’s an insane take.

The score was 28-14 and TB took their foot completely off the gas in the 3rd quarter. It wasn’t anything the Eagles were doing, TB just knew they had it in the bag.

The moment that Philly scored a TD against a bored Bucs team and got within 1 score TB ended it. They even kneeled out the last 2 minutes.

There is literally no universe where the Eagles were a remote threat at any part of that game and to think that TB wouldn’t have played the game differently if the Eagles ran successfully in the first half is silly.

Your take is just laughably inaccurate. The only thing Stoll is gonna do is block.

You’re either someone who didn’t watch the game, an Eagles fan over dosing on hopium, or you just started watching football this week.

I disagree, the point I’m makin’ is about Tampas D. I thought I had said that, but I accidentally left that out; that’s my bad, your point is well taken. I simply meant that if Philly O-Coord. did what should have been done at the start of the game in conjunction with what happened in the second half it’s possible there would have been a different outcome. The Eagles D obviously couldn’t stop the Bucs, they didn’t get any pressure on Brady so of course they were gonna pick them apart. Plus their run D is straight doodoo. I’ll drop it now though, I can admit when I’m wrong.

• DickyBigtop

I think they have 2 hotdog vendors in their nickel package.

• depalma13

@siddom said...

Showdown is 100% easier than classic.

Don’t agree and I’ve won my share.

• winnerchickendinner

@BIF said...

I see why but what punts are you playing to allow you to spend $12,200 on 2 TE/Flex

None really. Like the 5k and lower 6k range at WR, RB, and even QB enough with Cowboys D ( which I’m going 100% ) to not have to really have a 3k reciever or Herbert at RB.

And as you may have guessed I’m treating Kelce and Andrews as WRs with having both paired together in not that many other people’s lineups in roster construction.

• thedkexperience

@Wsdm61987 said...

I disagree, the point I’m makin’ is about Tampas D. I thought I had said that, but I accidentally left that out; that’s my bad, your point is well taken. I simply meant that if Philly O-Coord. did what should have been done at the start of the game in conjunction with what happened in the second half it’s possible there would have been a different outcome. The Eagles D obviously couldn’t stop the Bucs, they didn’t get any pressure on Brady so of course they were gonna pick them apart. Plus their run D is straight doodoo. I’ll drop it now though, I can admit when I’m wrong.

All good.

Actually I should apologize. In retrospect and reading it back my retort was way too much and out of line. Sorry about that. I shouldn’t jump on others opinions like that. I’m wrong all the time like everyone else. Apologies.

• Alvance83

Loved the squid question from last week, although I picked the wrong one. Who gets the most points sub 4.5k WR
    Mooney, St. Brown, humphries, Cobb, other?
    By the way think I’m paying up for receiver this week but I’m not very good either so…..

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).