1:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( 10 ) at Cincinnati ( -10 ) —- T: 45.5
    1:00 PM EST : Minnesota ( -2 ) at Philadelphia ( 2 ) —- T: 40
    4:05 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( -2 ) at San Francisco ( 2 ) —- T: 47
    4:05 PM EST : San Diego ( 6.5 ) at Atlanta ( -6.5 ) —- T: 50.5
    4:25 PM EST : New England ( -4 ) at Pittsburgh ( 4 ) —- T: —
    8:30 PM EST : Seattle ( 1.5 ) at Arizona ( -1.5 ) —- T: —

Monday, October 24th
    8:30 PM EST : Houston ( 6.5 ) at Denver ( -6.5 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• Bobsaccomano

I can’t think of a reason not to roster Jack Doyle some. Allen out and Indy WR’s banged up.

• monarch

Who will Darius Slay check? I think Jamison Crowder is in play if Reed is out in a shootout. Redskins also funnel towards middle of the field so maybe Golden Tate again or Boldin

• pick6er

Looks like I’ll be rostering cheap QBs on FD. Why would you pay up in cash when you have these cupcake matchups for Alex Smith, Blake Bortles, Jameis Winston, Kirk Cousins all in the 7,200-7,500 range? Question is, which one do I pick? As for a clear cut pick, D/ST is hands down New England. We all saw what happened when Ben went down last year with Jones/Vick under center.

• pick6er

@Bobsaccomano said...

I can’t think of a reason not to roster Jack Doyle some. Allen out and Indy WR’s banged up.

In the past when Allen gets hurt, another TE puts up good numbers. Fleener was the prime example, had some huge weeks in Allen’s absence. I’ll definitely look Doyle’s way with Dorsett continuing to let down and Hilton as the only reliable option.

• JD221

@socrates7 said...

Last Monday I made a LU for the upcoming Sunday slate that was pretty solid, primarily exploiting matchups + usage (McCoy/Miller/CMike/CJ H (hou te)/Cooks). Then I read a lot of articles throughout the week, read other writer’s predictions, read a lot of WR/CB overages to exploit, and largely changed my initial lineup. I ended up doing ok, but not nearly as well as if I had played my “first impression” LU. This happens frequently. Anyone else have this issue?

Yup. Lineup tinkering is a HUGE problem

• econbrah11

I think your are fooling yourself if you don’t roster Tom Brady. He will play against the worst passing defense he has faced all season + the offense should be on the field a lot with Big Ben out. This is a 40+ type of game for the Pats so don’t be surprised if Brady throws for 400+ and 3 TDs.

• BUFUu2

anyone else playing the mon thurs slate. Glad i only started david and cards d….. Looks like everyone else sucked

• Chorizo

nope no one played that slate.

• BUFUu2

@Chorizo said...

nope no one played that slate.

well good should win the league then

• kylar18

I played it. Pretty much same strategy. Also had some Fitz and Brown and Marshall but not a whole lot. Loved The Thursday game

• krighton

@BUFUu2 said...

anyone else playing the mon thurs slate. Glad i only started david and cards d….. Looks like everyone else sucked

i’m playing it, have upwards of 6 guys left…FItzgerald got 10 pts so not bad..Powell got a few points. Are you going all in with GB or spreading it out. i have one slate at 90 pts with 3 guys left and one with 50 pts and 6 guys left. Should hopefully get some money back….most of the games are sitting at 108 with 1 guy left (heavy TE) for the top scores. DJ was 83.7%, JBrown was 43.6% and Fitz 61.7 with Palmer almost 50%…so not everyone went DJ only. I just need to figure out Cobb or Montgomery. I’d have a hard time fading Howard even though he stunk last week.

• socrates7

@teachmehowto said...

I wrote a blog about it. check it out! https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/sunday-swapping-rules-and-regulations-1477158

“#2: Target cheaper RBs and spend at WR
    Sunday swaps are okay when you are swapping from a higher priced RB to a lower priced one because of news about touches or injuries. Use that extra money to pay up into a higher tier at your WR position. This seems to be the only real position whose points/floor and cieling can be greatly affected by a more expensive player.”

I dig this point. Once I learned Artis-Payne was out, I shifted from L Bell to J Stew and upgraded my WRs to Cooks and Thomas.

• BUFUu2

same here thursday game should be fun to watch, I figured it would be high scoring with the ball spread around and d johnson was the only must play in mondays game

• clrockny24

@BUFUu2 said...

that actually may be a good strategy. If you like the 2nd game of a 2 game slate more, maybe it’s better to stack that one?

• krighton

Well the strategy didn’t work for those who went all in for Cards…unless of course the GB/Chi stinks it up and it’s just FGs and Punts

• BIF

@bazerko said...

How do people go about picking a TE? I noticed the winning lineups in GPPs this week all had Coby Fleener who has been trash all year.

Better look again as that was Fleener’s 2nd big game in going now over 25 DK points twice.

• TomBradyBlueMamba

I’m figuring Jordy lands himself a monster game. I’m not basing that on anything but a decent matchup and him being ‘due’, but I’m sticking with it in many lineups. I like him, AJ, and Obj best at receiver this week

• BUFUu2

@krighton said...

i’m playing it, have upwards of 6 guys left…FItzgerald got 10 pts so not bad..Powell got a few points. Are you going all in with GB or spreading it out. i have one slate at 90 pts with 3 guys left and one with 50 pts and 6 guys left. Should hopefully get some money back….most of the games are sitting at 108 with 1 guy left (heavy TE) for the top scores. DJ was 83.7%, JBrown was 43.6% and Fitz 61.7 with Palmer almost 50%…so not everyone went DJ only. I just need to figure out Cobb or Montgomery. I’d have a hard time fading Howard even though he stunk last week.

na I actually think gb will win this game 34-24, I went howard cobb nelson merideth, miller rogers and rogers sitting at 49.8. With all the low scoring last night with the price of marshall fitz and brown if te rogers can get 6-8 points ill be happy with that

• kylar18

Rodgers had a big Thursday game vs the lions last year where he was in a similar spot. I just liked the Thursday game as a “get right” game for them and I knew everyone would be all over palmer. Made sense to go basically just DJ and the D and hope the passing game disappointed. I hedged it a bit of course cause you never know on the 2 gamers. It’s just so valuable to know where the field is going on those

• BUFUu2

shit palmer was 48%, fitz 7%, forte 43%, wr fitz 61%, marshall 35%, Not one of them got over 11 think we sitting pretty damn good

• kylar18

Forte was 43%? I knew he was a terrible play. my big question at RB was between Lacy and Howard. I think the packers run D is still legit, Dallas o-line it doesn’t matter who they play against they’re making everyone look bad. Problem is, Lacy is still banged up. Basically locked in DJ and went 50/50 on the other 2 guys based on the game theory in the line I was building.

• DomTwan

@Bobsaccomano said...

ALL IN

• BUFUu2

i went with howard because Lacy is to risky he has been hurt and good chance they will be up a decent amount threw the whole game. Howard has been playing well and I see cobb and nelson getting a load of work thurs. Cobb is there back up rb i think as well.

• kylar18

No, it’s Montgomery. I have a bunch of him. He’s a WR on DK.

• kylar18

Also, McCarthy came out and said they needed to get him the ball more. Love that

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).