NFL FORUM

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Did you know we have a new chat area specifically for NFL? Come get in on some NFL talk or sweat the games by clicking the Chat radio button up above or by clicking here: https://rotogrinders.com/chat?channel=nfl..

Thursday, 10/19
    8:25 PM EST : Kansas City ( -2.5 ) at Oakland ( 2.5 ) —- T: 47.5

Sunday, 10/22
    1:00 PM EST : Arizona ( 3.5 ) at LA Rams ( -3.5 ) —- T: 47
    1:00 PM EST : Jacksonville ( -3 ) at Indianapolis ( 3 ) —- T: —
    1:00 PM EST : Tennessee ( -6.5 ) at Cleveland ( 6.5 ) —- T: —
    1:00 PM EST : NY Jets ( 3.5 ) at Miami ( -3.5 ) —- T: 39
    1:00 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( 3 ) at Buffalo ( -3 ) —- T: —
    1:00 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 6 ) at Pittsburgh ( -6 ) —- T: 42
    1:00 PM EST : Carolina ( -3.5 ) at Chicago ( 3.5 ) —- T: 41.5
    1:00 PM EST : Baltimore ( 5 ) at Minnesota ( -5 ) —- T: 39.5
    1:00 PM EST : New Orleans ( -4.5 ) at Green Bay ( 4.5 ) —- T: 47.5
    4:05 PM EST : Dallas ( -6 ) at San Francisco ( 6 ) —- T: 47
    4:25 PM EST : Seattle ( -6 ) at NY Giants ( 6 ) —- T: —
    4:25 PM EST : Denver ( -2.5 ) at LA Chargers ( 2.5 ) —- T: —
    8:30 PM EST : Atlanta ( 3.5 ) at New England ( -3.5 ) —- T: 54

Monday, 10/23
    8:30 PM EST : Washington ( 4.5 ) at Philadelphia ( -4.5 ) —- T: 48.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• mathewsmarner

teams to focus on
    1.seattle 2. cinncinati 3. minnesota 4. baltimore
    and possibly their competition

• lemondrop7

Feels like a leveon week

• miggs6876

First glance I like

Qb – Brady/Prescott/Mariotta
    Rb – McCoy/Gorden/Fournette
    Te – Brate/Walker/Henry
    D – Chargers/Bills
    K – Hauscha

• JTreadway

Steelers/Bengals easy fade. Should pass 1/3 of the field on Bell/Brown.

• bdub85

@JTreadway said...

Steelers/Bengals easy fade. Should pass 1/3 of the field on Bell/Brown.

Last time Antonio Brown had a 100 yd game against the Bengals was in 2014.

• mataug21

@mathewsmarner said...

teams to focus on
    1.seattle 2. cinncinati 3. minnesota 4. baltimore
    and possibly their competition

As a Baltimore fan, never focus on Baltimore…

• Messiah717

@mataug21 said...

It had to be a joke because in this slate you couldn’t pick four worse teams to focus on.

• ItsATL

Feels like a Bount week.

• Supanice

@Thehazyone did the rg Milly lineup cash?!? My Tate pick was good for 35 until he got hurt.

• JTreadway

Ben’s only had 3 career 300+ vs. Browns. One was over a decade ago

• mathewsmarner

It had to be a joke because in this slate you couldn’t pick four worse teams to focus on

you really don’t like the seahawks vs the giants do you?

• P0key

My first take on this week FD

Matty ICE – superbowl revenge and coming off sad loss to Miami not sure who to play him with yet

Mccoy -ithinks its time for a 20+ burger

AP – I’m a fish

Micheal Thomas..and mix and match of Packers receivers

Garcon
    Theilen
    Engram

• heyfeefellskee

@mark83vt said...

Guess I missed the memo on McKinnon and Ingram last week. Which is unfortunate because I went heavy McKinnon on the primetime slate the previous week. I got tunnel vision on Freeman, Fournette, Anderson (which clearly didn’t work out) and didn’t even consider McKinnon.

Bad news is, I like the matchups for McKinnon and Ingram this week too, but what are they chances that they’re the play 2 weeks in a row.

Wow, how could you miss that they were good plays? Did you not see McKinnon’s production last week coupled with his crazy low salary on DK? Did you miss that AP got traded and Ingram was still under 5k? I actually didn’t do as much research last week as I normally do but they were probably the most obvious of the week.

• Messiah717

@mathewsmarner said...

It had to be a joke because in this slate you couldn’t pick four worse teams to focus on

you really don’t like the seahawks vs the giants do you?

Who does?

• XxHeisenbergxX

Anyone else having issues accessing forum threads?

• earn78

Not a popular opinion most likely, but liking Browns, Rams and Bills stacks this week.

• earn78

dupe

• mark83vt

@heyfeefellskee said...

Wow, how could you miss that they were good plays? Did you not see McKinnon’s production last week coupled with his crazy low salary on DK? Did you miss that AP got traded and Ingram was still under 5k? I actually didn’t do as much research last week as I normally do but they were probably the most obvious of the week.

Well considering both were less than 8% owned on FD, I wouldn’t really say they were the “most obvious” plays. If they were that obvious they’d have seen double digit ownership. Obviously I saw McKinnon’s production the week before, since like I said I had him in most of my primetime lineups. It was just a matter of seeing guys I really liked near the top of the RB list. I thought all 3 were primed for big weeks (and wasn’t alone since 2 of the 3 saw over 20% ownership). I also didn’t see the Peterson news as that big of an impact since he was only getting about 5 carries per game and Kamara got 15 touches the week before vs only 4 for Peterson. Congrats on the big week though.

• earn78

@XxHeisenbergxX said...

yes

• Messiah717

@XxHeisenbergxX said...

Seems like it’s fixed now but clearly were some issues before.

• bdub85

@mataug21 said...

Also another Baltimore fan, don’t focus on Baltimore. They are a dumpster fire. I do like McKinnon this week against the Ravens if Brandon Williams is out again.

• bigez952

@mark83vt said...

Well considering both were less than 8% owned on FD, I wouldn’t really say they were the “most obvious” plays. If they were that obvious they’d have seen double digit ownership. Obviously I saw McKinnon’s production the week before, since like I said I had him in most of my primetime lineups. It was just a matter of seeing guys I really liked near the top of the RB list. I thought all 3 were primed for big weeks (and wasn’t alone since 2 of the 3 saw over 20% ownership). I also didn’t see the Peterson news as that big of an impact since he was only getting about 5 carries per game and Kamara got 15 touches the week before vs only 4 for Peterson. Congrats on the big week though.

The confusion is your talking FD vs. DK. On DK Mckinnon was only $4100 and a full PPR site he was probably the most obvious play of the season as he was pretty much a lock to reach 12+ points to hit value. The only reason I faded him in a couple of lineups was just to hedge against the ownership since was owned in the 20-35% range in all GPP’s I was in.

• usna1993

I’m creating a new program to help me build lineups for cash games – any suggestions to improve the algorithm that I have taken great pains to develop would be appreciated:

1. flip a coin to choose a NO RB
    2. pick the preseason 3rd string RB from Minn OR the 3rd string preseason RB from NO that was recently traded
    3. use random number generator to decide if this is a good week to play Bell or Brown or both or fade them – do not consider opponent
    4. pick a defense that last season was ranked in the bottom half of the NFL in total defense
    5. make sure not to pick any offensive players who are playing against crappy defenses – especially if they are coming off a bye – that never works
    6. Play D. Watson at QB
    7. Don’t play any top flight WR other then Brown as long as the random number generator of #3 lets me – otherwise, just close my eyes and pick three names out of a hat
    8. TE – figure out what top flight TE will get hurt at half time and DON’T pick that one

PROFIT!!!!!

• Ndepompei

Jay Ajayi week…has to find the end zone at some point

• Messiah717

A challenge this year is how damn mediocre the league is this year. Add to that all these coaches insisting the offense has to be spread out regardless of whether or not it’s detrimental to their team’s chances of winning the game.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).