NFL FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Our friends at Fanball have launched a new DFS format that we think is incredibly unique and insanely fun! As an exclusive bonus only for RG-referrals, get a $20 deposit bonus when you deposit $20 or more on Fanball using our link below!.

GET YOUR EXCLUSIVE $20 DEPOSIT BONUS ON FANBALL

Thursday, 10/18
    8:20 PM EST : Denver ( -1.5 ) at Arizona ( 1.5 ) —- T: 40

Sunday, 10/21
    9:30 AM EST : Tennessee ( 6.5 ) at LA Chargers ( -6.5 ) —- T: 45
    1:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( 3 ) at Tampa Bay ( -3 ) —- T: 49.5
    1:00 PM EST : Carolina ( 4 ) at Philadelphia ( -4 ) —- T: 45
    1:00 PM EST : Detroit ( 0 ) at Miami ( 0 ) —- T: —
    1:00 PM EST : Houston ( 4.5 ) at Jacksonville ( -4.5 ) —- T: 43
    1:00 PM EST : Buffalo ( 6.5 ) at Indianapolis ( -6.5 ) —- T: —
    1:00 PM EST : New England ( -2.5 ) at Chicago ( 2.5 ) —- T: —
    1:00 PM EST : Minnesota ( -3 ) at NY Jets ( 3 ) —- T: 47
    4:05 PM EST : New Orleans ( 2.5 ) at Baltimore ( -2.5 ) —- T: 50
    4:25 PM EST : LA Rams ( -11 ) at San Francisco ( 11 ) —- T: —
    4:25 PM EST : Dallas ( 1.5 ) at Washington ( -1.5 ) —- T: 42
    8:20 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 6 ) at Kansas City ( -6 ) —- T: —

Monday, 10/22
    8:15 PM EST : NY Giants ( 5.5 ) at Atlanta ( -5.5 ) —- T: 54

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• mark83vt

Is there a reason FD does $9.99 instead of $10? The $4.44 and $9.99 crap is annoying.

• thenefariousone

I will keep saying it, play whoever faces the Bucs, lol..

• speskowi

@thenefariousone said...

I will keep saying it, play whoever faces the Bucs, lol..

Even the Clowns…I mean Browns?

• RatedDAL

Another week where Julio won’t find the endzone.

On the Main Slate anyway. Thought Atlanta was on a Bye for some reason.

• lineupofpeace

Weird how Gurley/Thielen’s price went down on DK. At first glance there should be enough value to stuff these two in – they should be cash game locks.

• mtdurham

@lineupofpeace said...

Weird how Gurley/Thielen’s price went down on DK. At first glance there should be enough value to stuff these two in – they should be cash game locks.

bc the price each week is also based on matchups

• lineupofpeace

@mtdurham said...

bc the price each week is also based on matchups

Right, I forgot about how the 49ers and Jets are such imposing matchups.

• mtdurham

@lineupofpeace said...

Yes but Gurley played Denver last week though… they had to price him higher or he would have been 100% owned. They just allowed an NFL all-time rushing record to some guy named Isiah Crowell.. What were you expecting?

• NDNole

Browns should be crazy high owned. I have been high on them especially callaway. But they have pretty much been a let down. I wont have any browns this week, which means you should probably stack them since the key to winning seems to be to stack against TB and ATL lol. Watch callaway go 5-142-3 since im off him this week.

As someone already mentioned, stack vs TB and win money wash rinse repeat. Im just disgusted by the browns dfs wise right now. They do seem to be a piece or 2 from being a really good team though.

• GTRandy27

Am I really playing Joe Flacco in cash this week? Him, bortles or Mayfield seem like the choices. : cringe :

• GTRandy27

@RatedDAL said...

He’s probably gonna score 3tds Monday night watch

• lotusbomb

@NDNole said...

Browns should be crazy high owned. I have been high on them especially callaway. But they have pretty much been a let down. I wont have any browns this week, which means you should probably stack them since the key to winning seems to be to stack against TB and ATL lol. Watch callaway go 5-142-3 since im off him this week.

As someone already mentioned, stack vs TB and win money wash rinse repeat. Im just disgusted by the browns dfs wise right now. They do seem to be a piece or 2 from being a really good team though.

he’s consistently getting deep looks, he just hasn’t cashed any in since NO. this is as good a week as any for him to do it and multiple times at that. other than him just looking at it, it seems like a trap to put multiple of baker,hyde,landry,njoku, and callaway in.

I watched that tampa bay game and was dismayed at seeing the ball spread around THAT much. brate,howard,evans,humphries,godwin,jackson is too many mouths to feed but they all took a piece of the pie and it killed their ceilings. the browns got gashed on the ground and got killed on a couple long balls set up by the run. TB plays to the strength of that browns defense, they can’t run so I can imagine greg williams is licking his chops game planning this game.

I’m sure one of tampa bay’s guys will have a good game (evans being the likeliest) but it feels like a crapshoot.

• mtdurham

@NDNole said...

I have been high on them especially callaway

Why have people been high on Callaway? He’s catch rate is absolutely atrocious… those targets are practically meaningless, particularly in PPR where we want guys who catch passes

• Ndepompei

@mtdurham said...

Why have people been high on Callaway? He’s catch rate is absolutely atrocious… those targets are practically meaningless, particularly in PPR where we want guys who catch passes

Yeah I’m done playing Callaway he gets deep targets but can’t catch anything…I think Ratley is a guy to keep an eye on there

• lineupofpeace

@NDNole said...

Njoku will definitely be chalk and I’ll probably eat it.

Gonna be off the rest of the Browns.

• NDNole

@mtdurham said...

Why have people been high on Callaway? He’s catch rate is absolutely atrocious… those targets are practically meaningless

His catch rate is aweful but he gets a ton of low probability deep balls which makes since with the catch rate. I was high on him because at some point he will catch some and have a big game. He is that kind of low priced big play guy that separates easily. So far it hasn’t worked but he was worth the risk. Lots of air yards and targets. That absolutely matters to me, especially at his cheap price. 7-9 targets a game and a lot of them deep. He will get those eventually. Too much of a crapshoot right now though.

That’s my reasoning anyway.

• BIF

@RatedDAL said...

I seriously think he never scores because he is rarely ever pointed downfield when he catches the ball – I can count his annual over the shoulder or downfield in-stride catches on one hand – it almost always is caught when he is running sideways (or toward the sideline) while he is 50+% facing the QB. He can cut on a dime to get Open on a crossing route but seems to have zero ability to make that same kind of cut up the field to take one to the house.

• lineupofpeace

Some potential value plays on DK at first glance:

1. Keke Coutee as a slot receiver against the Jags, after watching Cole Beasley shred them. Would expect Ramsey/Bouye on Hopkins/Fuller and hopefully the Texans are smart enough to take advantage.

2. Jermaine Kearse as a slot receiver with Enunwa likely out – should get 7+ catchable targets which should make for a solid PPR floor. Not much ceiling on him though but at 4k should be fine. Will avoid Rhodes too.

• TomBradyBlueMamba

@lineupofpeace said...

I think it is planned regression. Is Thielen going to have a 100 yard game every game this year?

• rourke441

did the ravens def. really have 11 sacks vs. tenn. unreal

• Dunzor

@lineupofpeace said...

it’s due to the particular aspect of their defense. For example Gurley went up against Den this week who have the 26th ranked rushing defense whereas SF has the 10th best rushing defense and are more of a pass funnel. Similarly the Jets are at least a solid defensive unit and Thielen went from facing the 12th ranked passing defense to the 6th ranked passing defense

• RatedDAL

@BIF said...

I seriously think he never scores because he is rarely ever pointed downfield when he catches the ball – I can count his annual over the shoulder or downfield in-stride catches on one hand – it almost always is caught when he is running sideways (or toward the sideline) while he is 50+% facing the QB. He can cut on a dime to get Open on a crossing route but seems to have zero ability to make that same kind of cut up the field to take one to the house.

I’m surprised they don’t force it to him more from inside the 10. Seems like they did that last year at New England from like the one just to get him a score.

Not that teams are super concerned with who scores but Atlanta was awful in the red zone last year so that might have played a factor in forcing him the ball close to the endzone.

• MPDR1983

Can anyone suggest a good site to get player prop bet odds?

• 808state

@GTRandy27 said...

Am I really playing Joe Flacco in cash this week? Him, bortles or Mayfield seem like the choices. : cringe :

Trubisky might be another player to look at. Has a nice matchup against NE and the rushing provides a nice floor.

• GTRandy27

@BIF said...

Julio burned his defender on a rare one on one matchup downfield but Matt Ryan underthrew him; a good throw and it was a 50 yard TD. While Ryan’s numbers have been good this year Julio’s TD rate appears to be hindered by Ryan’s inconsistent deep throw accuracy.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).