1:00 PM EST : Miami ( 16 ) at Buffalo ( -16 ) —- T: 39.5
    1:00 PM EST : LA Rams ( -3 ) at Atlanta ( 3 ) —- T: 53.5
    4:05 PM EST : LA Chargers ( (Pick) ) at Tennessee ( (Pick) ) —- T: 40
    4:25 PM EST : New Orleans ( 4 ) at Chicago ( -4 ) —- T: 39.5
    4:25 PM EST : Baltimore ( 4 ) at Seattle ( -4 ) —- T: 50.5
    8:20 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 3 ) at Dallas ( -3 ) —- T: 48.5

Monday, 10/21
    8:15 PM EST : New England ( -10 ) at NY Jets ( 10 ) —- T: 43

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• candyman911

I sub to One Week Season and on the angles pod last week JM was talking about adding something to the site that goes over all the offensive and defensive tendencies/schemes of each NFL team.

When this goes up I am all over it and will share my knowledge.

• candyman911

@candyman911 said...

I sub to One Week Season and on the angles pod last week JM was talking about adding something to the site that goes over all the offensive and defensive tendencies/schemes of each NFL team.

When this goes up I am all over it and will share my knowledge.

This was supposed to quote MIKE42

• mike42

@wilke7425 said...

Hey guys I havn’t been on the forum in a while but am looking for an opinion on a DFS trade offer for a 1/2 point PPR.

I am being offered David Johnson, Jimmy Graham and Russell Wilson in exchange for
    Aaron Jones and Evan Engram.

My current RBs are Kerryon and Ingram. QBs Winston and Goff. I’m stacked at receiver.

Any educated opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Who would your TE be without Engram? Also, I have DJ and I’m looking to trade him because Edmonds looks better than him, injury concerns and because of this schedule coming up after the Giants:

NO, SF, TB, @SF, BYE, LAR, PIT

That’s murderers row of run D’s, even LAR is ranked highly and PIT has a very underrated D as a whole. You need C. Edmonds to even think about it but also, you need to have a good record going into the trade because DJ won’t help you much in the coming weeks.

Edit: Overall, it sounds like a good trade for you as long as you have a decent backup TE.

• mike42

@candyman911 said...

This was supposed to quote MIKE42

Thx man. I just subscribed to PFF but if he does that, LMK, I’ll sign up for his site too. I always liked his stuff.

• Supanice

Reddit is saying it’s possible Ramsay shadows Ridley and they double cover Julio?

Anyone have any solid insight on that or know where I couldn’t find that info even behind a paywall? Will Ramsay’s back even be healed before he gets a new contract?

I currently have Ridley in my $3k entry. My reasoning is if Ramsay is on Julio and the Falcons score the 25 predicted points, Ridley gets a minimum 6-100-1 out of that at 5k.

• Falconsfly

@wilke7425 said...

Hey guys I havn’t been on the forum in a while but am looking for an opinion on a DFS trade offer for a 1/2 point PPR.

I am being offered David Johnson, Jimmy Graham and Russell Wilson in exchange for
    Aaron Jones and Evan Engram.

My current RBs are Kerryon and Ingram. QBs Winston and Goff. I’m stacked at receiver.

Any educated opinions would be greatly appreciated.

You’d be getting DJ and Wilson? And giving up Jones and Engram? My intitial thought says yes

• squidkill

Projected shadow matchups: Julio Jones vs. Jalen Ramsey

WR/CB breakdown: The Rams shipped two first-round picks and a fourth-round pick to the Jaguars for the services of Ramsey, who is in my opinion the league’s No. 2 overall CB behind only Stephon Gilmore. He’ll work as the defense’s undisputed top dog in the secondary with Marcus Peters now in Baltimore and Aqib Talib (ribs, IR) sidelined for at least eight weeks.

It’d be somewhat surprising if Ramsey doesn’t step in and immediately track the opponent’s No. 1 WR considering this is what DC Wade Phillips had Peters do last season with Talib sidelined. Julio would hold massive size, speed and talent advantages over Nickell Robey-Coleman and Troy Hill alike if the Rams decide to simply keep Ramsey on a single side of the field.

Sunday will be the first meeting between Jones and Ramsey, who has had his way with pretty much every WR he’s shadowed since 2017 with the exception of the league’s very best talents.

• NDNole

I want it to be Mike Williams week this week. Low implied total will have people off him probably. I can just see a 8-162-3 game from him at some point. He is getting a bunch of deep shots. He did appear hobbled last game. At any rate, I was too impatient with fuller and missed the boom game I knew was coming. This doesn’t on paper appear to be the right time to hop on the Mike Williams train but im gonna do it. I missed the fuller boom game and not gonna miss Mike’s.

• Richebee

I’m all in on the Raiders DEF and prepared to win big

• Supanice

@squidkill said...

Projected shadow matchups: Julio Jones vs. Jalen Ramsey

WR/CB breakdown: The Rams shipped two first-round picks and a fourth-round pick to the Jaguars for the services of Ramsey, who is in my opinion the league’s No. 2 overall CB behind only Stephon Gilmore. He’ll work as the defense’s undisputed top dog in the secondary with Marcus Peters now in Baltimore and Aqib Talib (ribs, IR) sidelined for at least eight weeks.

It’d be somewhat surprising if Ramsey doesn’t step in and immediately track the opponent’s No. 1 WR considering this is what DC Wade Phillips had Peters do last season with Talib sidelined. Julio would hold massive size, speed and talent advantages over Nickell Robey-Coleman and Troy Hill alike if the Rams decide to simply keep Ramsey on a single side of the field.

Sunday will be the first meeting between Jones and Ramsey, who has had his way with pretty much every WR he’s shadowed since 2017 with the exception of the league’s very best talents.

Thank you so much.

For my $10 entries I’m keeping an eye on John Brown. He has sickle cell so if he has a soft tissue injury it might not heal for a while, if Robert Foster gets snaps vs the Dolphins he is going to break the slate.

• candyman911

@mike42 said...

Thx man. I just subscribed to PFF but if he does that, LMK, I’ll sign up for his site too. I always liked his stuff.

Will do.

• Njsum1

@Supanice said...

Reddit is saying it’s possible Ramsay shadows Ridley and they double cover Julio?

Anyone have any solid insight on that or know where I couldn’t find that info even behind a paywall? Will Ramsay’s back even be healed before he gets a new contract?

I currently have Ridley in my $3k entry. My reasoning is if Ramsay is on Julio and the Falcons score the 25 predicted points, Ridley gets a minimum 6-100-1 out of that at 5k

Insight……Austin Hooper (with a dash of Sanu)…you’re welcome 😎

I’ll even elaborate…..cause I’m feeling generous today 😁

So far we’ve heard two things…Ramsey on Julio and Ridley double covered, and Ramsey on Ridley with Julio double covered. Who gets the most targets anyway?…Hooper….didn’t Kittle just smash on one leg versus the rams. What wr should be facing the easiest matchup and has shown capable in spots…Sanu

Games got a 55 total and The falcons Are slight dogs…so they should be passing. Maybe freeman gets some love too 🤷‍♂️

• mike42

H. Henry-K. Byard, the S who covers TE’s for TEN (according to PFF), has the lowest coverage grade (39.4) of any S. IDk if they play zone a lot or how they cover TE’s but I thought that was noteworthy. It just doesn’t jump off their matchup’s page because they got Henry also rated low (48.5). No idea why.

• Supanice

@Njsum1 said...

Insight……Austin Hooper…you’re welcome 😎

I will strongly consider it if John Brown sits because switching Ridley to Hooper leaves me with Robert Foster.

If Ramsay shuts down Julio or Ridley and they double team the other, Hooper goes for 30+ and Foster has 30 point upside at $3600.

• Jeddy3

Fitzmagic wins someone the milly every year it seems.

Could this be the week?

• mike42

@Supanice said...

I will strongly consider it if John Brown sits because switching Ridley to Hooper leaves me with Robert Foster.

If Ramsay shuts down Julio or Ridley and they double team the other, Hooper goes for 30+ and Foster has 30 point upside at $3600.

28.1 —— 1.7 DK PTS
    28.2 —— 4.5
    25.5 —— 2.5
    21.5 —— 10
    Cincy- NO TE“S
    28.7 —- ?????? Hooper

The first number is how many DK points a TE scored Vs Arz. The second number is what they scored the next week. A huge part of fantasy is realizing matchups change week to week and using that knowledge to spot ceiling weeks. Every TE hit their ceiling Vs TE and than preceded to bust the next week. This isn’t the week to play Hopper, it’s the week to play Engram.

• mike42

@realphipps said...

I think a high grade corner will…

A.) Not know angles/space to pass off a receiver in zone outside of the basics) Level ins/outs, post ins/outs… Replicated routes to create space… Rub routes, in/outs on the boundary, these create confusion for zone.

B.) Face guarding my man step for step knowing he was my only assignment on any given snap. 95% of my assignments were easy, glue my man while recognizing the “out” to beat our man.

What the talking heads wont tell you is the real reason the Rams paid a bounty for Jalen Ramsey. He completely transforms that defense because of his footwork 20 yards in.

Wade wants to run man. He’s was born into it. https://steelersdepot.com/2017/02/new-rams-dc-wade-phillips-explains-3-4-man-coverage-choice/

Man coverage is so much harder to pass against than zone, and so much easier to play as a defender… Granted you have the talent. The Rams will have to mask, and will do so, their coverage… It’s going to be a lot of Man 2/3 with Jalen shadowing the high target WR into zone after, roughly, 2 seconds.

This whole trade was predicated on shutting down 1/2 of the field for 2 seconds because they believe their pass rush can disrupt in that time frame.

I have almost zero doubts they’ll play man-under over and over again, with their safeties zoning behind that coverage. If Atlanta’s line can hold the rush for, roughly, 2 seconds, gaps will open. But, opinion only, those opportunities will be few and far between before LAR resorts to prevent 4-cover with the LBs covering the under routes.

I’ve kind of felt like an ass today because of our exchange, along with a handful of other standard reasons I feel like an ass for on a daily basis. You are probably right, you seem to know your thing and I’m not dying on the Julio hill this week. Unless, Julio is under 10%, which he won’t be, he’s a good fade. Good stuff, thanks for the insight.

• DepressedSteelersFan

The Rams secondary is leaky though. Ramsay doesn’t fix all the other issues.

• HoodsFromTheWood

Coming off a hard fought allbeit ref-aided division win last week + next week the Pack traveling to Arrowhead= letdown this week, maybe GB takes this game a wee bit too lightly. 2-1 so far on the longest road trip since Katrina closed the Superdome in ’04, (I’m counting London as a road game because you can’t travel halfway around the world for a “home” game), Gruden seems to have the Raiders believing in themselves, buying into his run first, dink-n-doink passing philosophy while I’m not so sure A-Rod feels the same way about LaFleur’s. Had to be tough for a rookie HC to come into the aging gunslingers town and change the status quo.

• Supanice

@mike42 said...

28.1 —— 1.7 DK PTS
    28.2 —— 4.5
    25.5 —— 2.5
    21.5 —— 10
    Cincy- NO TE“S
    28.7 —- ?????? Hooper

The first number is how many DK points a TE scored Vs Arz. The second number is what they scored the next week. A huge part of fantasy is realizing matchups change week to week and using that knowledge to spot ceiling weeks. Every TE hit their ceiling Vs TE and than preceded to bust the next week. This isn’t the week to play Hopper, it’s the week to play Engram.

Giants have a lot of mouths to feed now, any insight on if Tate steals Engram’s slot snaps? I’m paying up at RB in my single bullet so almost impossible to get up to Engram with Bills/49ers.

• candyman911

Hey Mike how do you feel about D. Hopkins @ 12% ownership vs IND?

• mike42

@Supanice said...

Giants have a lot of mouths to feed now, any insight on if Tate steals Engram’s slot snaps? I’m paying up at RB in my single bullet so almost impossible to get up to Engram with Bills/49ers.

I’m no in love with Engram either, but Hopper is a easy fade for me. Andrews, D. Knox and Henry are on my list along with some Engram. Hoping Sheppard is out so I can load up on Tate. He seems to be going overlooked.

• HoodsFromTheWood

To all the Minshew (bless you) lovers out there, tread carefully this week. Even tho the Bengals are giving up the 4th most fantasy points to the QB position(21.75), over 300 yds rushing and 2 rushing TDs account for 1/3 of those points. Not sure if Minshew (bless you) is a QB with a huge rushing floor. Especially with Uncle Lenny standing next to him. And if you believe, like I do, that Jacksonville is ahead in the 2nd half there’ll be less Minshew (bless you) and more Fournette. There’s a reason only one team has thrown for more than 260 yds vs Cincy (SF 312). And that reason is their run D.

• mike42

@candyman911 said...

Hey Mike how do you feel about D. Hopkins @ 12% ownership vs IND?

I actually like him a little bit. I don’t think Indy will let Fuller beat them deep, so along with TE’s, I think he gets a lot of tgts underneath. Not a ceiling setup but I think he has a really solid day. Helps you more than he hurts you.

• candyman911

@mike42 said...

I actually like him a little bit. I don’t think Indy will let Fuller beat them deep, so along with TE’s, I think he gets a lot of tgts underneath. Not a ceiling setup but I think he has a really solid day. Helps you more than he hurts you.

Yeah that’s pretty much what I am thinking too. IND is vulnerable from the backfield and TE and you basically have to chip away at the field to move the ball on them. They will probably play a similar game as they did vs KC.

I’m only interested in Hopkins ceiling so I think I’m going to go under the field on that one.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).