1:00 PM EST : Miami ( 16 ) at Buffalo ( -16 ) —- T: 39.5
    1:00 PM EST : LA Rams ( -3 ) at Atlanta ( 3 ) —- T: 53.5
    4:05 PM EST : LA Chargers ( (Pick) ) at Tennessee ( (Pick) ) —- T: 40
    4:25 PM EST : New Orleans ( 4 ) at Chicago ( -4 ) —- T: 39.5
    4:25 PM EST : Baltimore ( 4 ) at Seattle ( -4 ) —- T: 50.5
    8:20 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 3 ) at Dallas ( -3 ) —- T: 48.5

Monday, 10/21
    8:15 PM EST : New England ( -10 ) at NY Jets ( 10 ) —- T: 43

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• odanny

@Ace15 said...

We been over this. Shh. Let people play TY Hilton. Mack is the real play.

Yea, I’m having a hell of a time keeping up this week. I’m hoping Mack gets a lot of targets, and just feel like Reich has game planned this.

• candyman911

@deeebo said...

Yeah for me im at the point where its either Gallup Fuller or Lockett.

If i decide Lockett tho id have to pay down to Allen for QB. We’ll see though.

Don’t play lockett marlon humphrey is going to shut lockett down. Play DK Metcalf

• wilks3579

@TomBradyBlueMamba said...

and Andrews. Seahawks have given up work to the TE

I really like Andrews here, especially if Hollywood sits again this week

• thedkexperience

Does anyone know what these numbers are?

24, 19, 27, 24, and 19.

Those are the Colts point totals from each game this year. And before you say “but this week it’s the Texans!” They have played the following defenses this season … Chargers, Titans, Falcons, Raiders and Chiefs.

The Colts are a very good and consistent team. They aren’t blowing anyone out or winning a shoot out against anyone. Andrew Luck no longer plays for them. Brissett has done an admirable job replacing him but let’s be real. Brissett might beat the Texans but it’s not like he is gonna out duel Watson in a race to 40 points.

TY and Mack can still have great days because they have shown they are like 90% of the colts offense, but it won’t be because the Colts just up and score 35 points in a shoot out.

• kdsdawg

@odanny said...

I’m hoping Mack gets a lot of targets,

he isn’t the pass catching RB, he only has 9 targets all year

• thedkexperience

@kdsdawg said...

Seriously … I’m starting to think that half the DFS community just does three things when setting their lineup. They either plug in whoever had a big day on national TV the week before, the WR they saw on the first column of their August draft sheet or simply prayer.

In what world is Marlon Mack getting more than 3 targets?

Hope is not a strategy.

• Ace15

RG Overall Ranking

Yeah, Mack isn’t getting the targets. I like Mack in a home game where they are favored (granted it’s a pickem). Colts coming out of a bye week against a team who might have a let down game. Colts pound the ball using that OLine doing what the Texans basically did to KC last week. Keep Watson off the field. Zone coverage passing D keeps Texans WR in check. Mack has a 20+ carry game 100yds 1-2 TDs @6100 with low ownership. I’m good. Also, just want to Add Brisset has thrown for 300+ yards in about 3/20 games in his career. He avgs just a tick over 1 TD per game. You’re basically banking on an outlier game from him and hoping it goes to TY just to hit value. Don’t get me wrong I’m going to have some TY, just will be underweight.

• TJRhodes

@thedkexperience said...

The Colts are a very good and consistent team.

Sorry, couldn’t read past this sentence. The entire AFC south is a joke and one step away from being disbanded. And that’s coming from someone who roots for a team in the division.

• squidkill

“”“Sorry, couldn’t read past this sentence. The entire AFC south is a joke and one step away from being disbanded. And that’s coming from someone who roots for a team in the division”“”

I disagree- Houston and Indy are decent teams. Nothing special but above average

• Dunzor

Two things:

1) The Tiers choices this week seem super easy as I don’t see more than 1 or 2 strong choices in most of the tiers (Tier 8 being the only exception where I could see outcomes where most of those guys have a chance to be top scoring)

2) If Gurley is good to go and Brown misses the game against ATL, then I think he’s gotta be a strong consideration for one of your RB slots. His usage has gone up the last couple games he’s played, they are finally using him more in the passing game again, he’s the unquestioned goal line option, and everyone is gonna be loading up on Rams receivers (though I like them too, so might have some Goff/Gurley/WR stacks)

• ifthethunder

People have talked more about Mack in this thread than Chris Carson.
    ~

• thedkexperience

@TJRhodes said...

Sorry, couldn’t read past this sentence. The entire AFC south is a joke and one step away from being disbanded. And that’s coming from someone who roots for a team in the division.

So if they go 9-7 and score about 24 points a game, that wouldn’t qualify as “good and consistent”?

Maybe I should have left “very” out of it but not sure what else could have triggered you that I wrote.

Literally everything you said is hyperbole. The AFC South is no worse than the NFC East or the AFC East outside of New England. Divisions have been won by 8-8 teams before and didn’t get disbanded.

I know it must suck rooting for the Texans, Jags or Titans but the AFC South has the same issues as most divisions.

• thedkexperience

@squidkill said...

“”“Sorry, couldn’t read past this sentence. The entire AFC south is a joke and one step away from being disbanded. And that’s coming from someone who roots for a team in the division”“”

I disagree- Houston and Indy are decent teams. Nothing special but above average

This.

• TomBradyBlueMamba

@ifthethunder said...

Re: Saquon Barkley

While the initial prognosis was out 4-8 weeks with the high ankle sprain, he actually begin practicing on a limited basis back on October 4…much earlier than expected. Given that he’s practiced in full twice this week already, I’m fine with using him as my RB1 in some lineups. I’ll have Cook in some others, and Fournette will be the RB1 in a couple where he isn’t my RB2.

The $900 savings on Cook vs Barkley (DK) is nice, but I think Detroit has a legitimate defense. So I like Barkley’s matchup more.
    ~

Detroit is getting ran allll over and giving up huge passing work to RB. And their CB are questionable. Are they getting other players back on the line to help against the run?

• ifthethunder

Detroit is getting ran allll over and giving up huge passing work to RB. And their CB are questionable. Are they getting other players back on the line to help against the run?

Da’Shawn Hand is probably back on the defensive line this week. I didn’t realize Slay has a hamstring problem.**

My impression is they have been giving up yards to RBs in the second half because the offense can’t stay on the field and the D gets gassed. But I’m taking the points with DET at home this week, so that’s influencing my game script thoughts.

• Might change my game script thoughts, because they need Slay.
      ~
  • tvegas40

@thedkexperience said...

Playing Cole Beasley types are why people lose at DFS. Targets are overrated. Play guys who can turn 7 targets into 20 points, stop playing guys who need 15 targets to hit a 16 point ceiling.

You mean like Adrian Peterson with 22 carries and ended up in the million dollar winner’s line-up?

• odanny

@kdsdawg said...

I was thinking Carson, my bad.

• Hoods From The Wood

@thedkexperience said...

Hope is not a strategy.

This should be shouted out from the DFS mountaintop. Could be the hottest take of the year. If I was 10 years younger it would be my next tattoo

• thedkexperience

@tvegas40 said...

You mean like Adrian Peterson with 22 carries and ended up in the million dollar winner’s line-up?

AP is a runningback. They are totally different things. RBs have a high floor as long as they have at least 2 down work, and if they also have red zone work all the better.

So no. That’s absolutely not what I am talking about. I’m talking about Beasley, Paul Richardson, Jameson Crowder or paying up for a guy like Jarvis Landry. These guys are DFS trash.

I didn’t play AP but you’ll never hear me say that a heavy usage RB is a terrible idea.

• thedkexperience

@Hoods From The Wood said...

This should be shouted out from the DFS mountaintop. Could be the hottest take of the year. If I was 10 years younger it would be my next tattoo

It’s not my original idea. There is a sales book with that name. I used to have a manager who had it in his office and I’m sure he never actually read it. I think he just liked the title.

• ifthethunder

I hoped Mahomes wouldn’t get knocked out of the game yesterday. regret
    ~

• Falconsfan101

Bengals suspended Cordy Glenn one game. One of the worst offensive lines in the league just got even worse.

Did my builds today…ended up with way too much Raiders Defense stacked with Jacobs in the Milly. Was an interesting week of research. Was hard to fit in the Bills D this week in every LU without really sacrificing, so ended up around 60% Bills, 30% Raiders, and 10% mixed. Willing to take a chance on Raiders against a banged up Green Bay offense. Probably going to fail spectacularly.

• Hoods From The Wood

It’s early I’m having a hard time reading this. Are you suggesting they are going to pound the rock to Barkley and he is going to smash, and he will lead the Giants to a great year… And then saying RB don’t matter?

Lol early for you late for me. I was suggesting the Giants will give Barkley somewhere north of 20 touches/targets and he will score 20+. I am also putting it out there that a healthy Saquon and Engram IMHO make the Giants a legit contender in the NFC Least. Beating Arizona would put them in 2nd place. As for the “RB don’t matter”, that sentiment has been floated around since Bell held out last year. When I wrote “why RBs don’t matter(not my opinion, just the way it is)” , it was a tongue-in-cheek reference to that sentiment and I didn’t share that opinion

• TomBradyBlueMamba

Ah gotcha, very interesting. Giants are exciting if they can get fully healthy for sure

• casey2884

None of the GB WR’s practicing today. Is it officially Allen Lazard chalk week?

• X Unread Thread
    • X Thread with New Replies*
    • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
    • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
    • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index