1:00 PM EST : Carolina ( 7.5 ) at New Orleans ( -7.5 ) —- T: 51
    4:05 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( -4 ) at Las Vegas ( 4 ) —- T: 51.5
    4:25 PM EST : Kansas City ( -10 ) at Denver ( 10 ) —- T: 46
    4:25 PM EST : San Francisco ( 1.5 ) at New England ( -1.5 ) —- T: 44
    4:25 PM EST : Jacksonville ( 7.5 ) at LA Chargers ( -7.5 ) —- T: 49
    8:20 PM EST : Seattle ( -3.5 ) at Arizona ( 3.5 ) —- T: 56

Monday, 10/26
    8:15 PM EST : Chicago ( 6.5 ) at LA Rams ( -6.5 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• bearcats594

@callmetouch said...

What I learned today. If you’re a QB and u lose yards on a “run” it’s not a sack and therefore you don’t cash by 1 points in your cash lineups. Thanks for nothing Seahawks D & terrible rules.

I learned you can’t have too much vodka in your house for a game like this.

• BIF

@BIF said...

The guy in 4th should have won it already but Hopkins has not caught a pass in an hour and is stuck just under 100 yards – he’s probably going to win it now with OT

Yup that one Nuke catch did it

• zeeshan2

Game of the year.

Was pumping my fist when metcalf got that td at the end but ugh

• marker0357

@BIF said...

Yup that one Nuke catch did it

sweet for that dude. Somehow squeaked by on MKF with Carson somehow outscoring Drake.

• robs4411

Someone make me feel better. Tried to enter a lineup of MVP: Lockett, Murray, Carson, Kirk, Fitz for 100k primetime fanduel as it locked, would i have been top 10?

• depalma13

The holding on the Metcalf TD cost me several hundred dollars in winnings.

• sumodeez

Cost me $13K, Had a 5 player “anytime to score” parlay going for $100, Murray, Locket, Kirk, Hopkins, and Metcalf!!! My biggest kick in the…

• Steverino01

Cashed 4 of 5 in the all day slate, cashed my single bullet in the afternoon slate and cashed my single bullet in the Sunday night showdown. The only lineup I didn’t cash in today was the only lineup that didn’t have Lockett… lol

Only finished 11th in the happy meal though.

• Dfspacman

My best lineup with Adams and Lockett got Perriman and Elliot lol

• XxHeisenbergxX

Best part of today… Steelers WIN! Patriots suck and so does Cam Newton! (MVP – hilarious) told you he is a horrible QB.

• jv21

what a crazy data. ended up for the day which was great. theses sunday night sweats brings back memories. I am happy with the main slate not including SNF so I can enjoy the game without any distractions.

• BIF

Had my best day since Week 3 – up $1700 and about 20 Milly tix

Finished 182nd in Milly with 250.92 points for $500 – was up to 70th but some late Kyler yards and Nuke going over 100 pulled it down. Had it in a couple other

Next best lineup was 247.3 in cash/H2H games (and in a few GPPs) so it swept everything

Lockett and Adams everywhere was huge

• mellofellowsu

@synth said...

I think we’ve reached the point where it doesn’t make sense to target the second/third tier of quarterbacks in gpps because even when they go off (like burrow and herbert did today) they still just can’t pull away from the entire top tier of russ/murray/pat/lamar. For the last few years it made sense to try and take the immobile qbs in good matchups but the top tier are just scoring so frequently and so consistently that I think we need to just start focusing all of our lineups around them.

I’m looking at these lineups I had of Ben, Teddy, and Stafford and realizing their ceiling is just being eclipsed on a weekly basis by 2+ of the top tier (and thats with dak being hurt) and those lineups are essentially dead. It’s time to differentiate elsewhere and focus on leverage/pivots at other positions imo.

If your QB doesn’t have the potential to either contribute substantial rushing yards/TD or throw 3+ TDs it really doesn’t make sense to use them in GPPs. Value QB plays don’t work because you’re going to need 30+ points most weeks. (on FD). Also, that QB is going to be paired with a bargain WR, which is the group of players most likely to have a player produce at a high points per dollar. One long TD will do it.

That strategy of going cheaper at QB hoping they have a ceiling game and loading up on expensive WRs is a failing strategy most weeks. You have Russ, Mahomes, Jackson, Rodgers, Murray, Watson, Allen all capable of hitting 30+ every week (note that most of those guys are a threat to score rushing TDs), and at least a couple of them won’t be that highly owned in a given week. No need to waste lineups on guys like Bridgewater. Risk/reward benefit isn’t there.

• Felixxberg

@BIF said...

The guy in 4th should have won it already but Hopkins has not caught a pass in an hour and is stuck just under 100 yards – he’s probably going to win it now with OT

Yep, he did.

The 0 guy still held for 3rd place, which is amazing, but he must feel really bad about his pick now. He also played Wilson at 0.02%, so I have to assume he’s a high risk high reward kind of guy anyway!

• synth

@mellofellowsu said...

If your QB doesn’t have the potential to either contribute substantial rushing yards/TD or throw 3+ TDs it really doesn’t make sense to use them in GPPs. Value QB plays don’t work because you’re going to need 30+ points most weeks. (on FD). Also, that QB is going to be paired with a bargain WR, which is the group of players most likely to have a player produce at a high points per dollar. One long TD will do it.

That strategy of going cheaper at QB hoping they have a ceiling game and loading up on expensive WRs is a failing strategy most weeks. You have Russ, Mahomes, Jackson, Rodgers, Murray, Watson, Allen all capable of hitting 30+ every week (note that most of those guys are a threat to score rushing TDs), and at least a couple of them won’t be that highly owned in a given week. No need to waste lineups on guys like Bridgewater. Risk/reward benefit isn’t there.

100% with you at this point. Took me a bit longer than others to get there, but hunting for the 350/3 ceiling game just doesn’t make sense when that won’t even be enough. I think a couple of years ago the QBs were scoring in a close enough range that going for salary savings and ceiling hunting via matchup for mediocre QBs made sense but the game has just changed too much for that to be the case now.

• CJtheGrump

When two players combine for 100 DK pts, screw ownership.

You’re not getting there if you don’t have those two players. And the expensive RBs didn’t get it done did they? They were matched or bettered by plays 2 and 3K cheaper.

Optimal lineup probably left a ton of salary on the table, but I haven’t checked that yet. I know the 1st down winner had over 270DK.

• bigez952

@CJtheGrump said...

When two players combine for 100 DK pts, screw ownership.

You’re not getting there if you don’t have those two players. And the expensive RBs didn’t get it done did they? They were matched or bettered by plays 2 and 3K cheaper.

Optimal lineup probably left a ton of salary on the table, but I haven’t checked that yet. I know the 1st down winner had over 270DK.

The perfect lineup used $49,600 and scored 321.32.

• odanny

@sumodeez said...

Cost me $13K, Had a 5 player “anytime to score” parlay going for $100, Murray, Locket, Kirk, Hopkins, and Metcalf!!! My biggest kick in the…

Damn, that’s brutal. I think I would have punched my television.

• Texaspridejb

Longtime lurker here, finished with 230 in my early only lineup and really only whiffed at TE can someone walk me through what made Lockett such a good pick? Was it matchup related or primarily leverage? Gotta admit I’m a big fan of DK Metcalf and wouldn’t of gotten off him to Lockett the in the later slates, how do you differentiate between Metcalf and Lockett?

• BIF

@Texaspridejb said...

Longtime lurker here, finished with 230 in my early only lineup and really only whiffed at TE can someone walk me through what made Lockett such a good pick? Was it matchup related or primarily leverage? Gotta admit I’m a big fan of DK Metcalf and wouldn’t of gotten off him to Lockett the in the later slates, how do you differentiate between Metcalf and Lockett?

For me, Lockett runs two-thirds of his routes out of the slot which would get him away Patrick Peterson a lot more than Metcalf who was probably going to see a lot PP in near shadow coverage all game.

Lockett has the far easier matchup on paper.

I got lucky with the smash game but he was the better play going in (on paper). It was funny as the first big catch by Lockett was against Peterson but then I didn’t see him on Lockett all that much after that.

I had zero Metcalf; partially because I loved Lockett last night but also because he was more expensive than Lockett and I liked Adams and Ridley more if I was paying up in the 7Ks

• Texaspridejb

Thanks Bif

• yisman

2nd down in OT and you settle for a 41 yard FG?

I hate that call. Run two plays, try to gain yards and at least run some clock (in case your kicker misses and gives SEA another shot).

Or if you score a TD you don’t have to worry about kicker

• yisman

As for showdown, I had Edmonds, Murray, Lockett, Hopkins so I should’ve done well, but I also had Carson who played like one drive and then quit.

needed to punt a spot instead of taking Zane Gonzales and then maybe be able to get Russ instead of Carson?

Or drop Hopkins, making it easier to get to Russ

• yisman

A huge decision for yesterday was Tre’Quan Smith vs. Diontae Johnson. I chose incorrectly.

• bazerko

What made Diontae Johnson a play yesterday? Was he someone that people were on during the week?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.