1:00 PM EST : Carolina ( 7.5 ) at New Orleans ( -7.5 ) —- T: 51
    4:05 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( -4 ) at Las Vegas ( 4 ) —- T: 51.5
    4:25 PM EST : Kansas City ( -10 ) at Denver ( 10 ) —- T: 46
    4:25 PM EST : San Francisco ( 1.5 ) at New England ( -1.5 ) —- T: 44
    4:25 PM EST : Jacksonville ( 7.5 ) at LA Chargers ( -7.5 ) —- T: 49
    8:20 PM EST : Seattle ( -3.5 ) at Arizona ( 3.5 ) —- T: 56

Monday, 10/26
    8:15 PM EST : Chicago ( 6.5 ) at LA Rams ( -6.5 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Dr_Gonzo

@bazerko said...

What made Diontae Johnson a play yesterday? Was he someone that people were on during the week?

He was 4200. Jumped out as mispriced to me. Unfortunately after his recent injuries I chickened out and only played him 5%

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #93

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@bazerko said...

What made Diontae Johnson a play yesterday? Was he someone that people were on during the week?

The short version is, he was cheap. The Steelers #1 WR, who you could arguably project for 8+ targets, with a shot at double digit targets. Going against a poorly ranked secondary, in a game with a decently projected total and projected to be one of the fastest paced games of the slate.

• yisman

@Pandamonious said...

The short version is, he was cheap. The Steelers #1 WR, who you could arguably project for 8+ targets, with a shot at double digit targets. Going against a poorly ranked secondary, in a game with a decently projected total and projected to be one of the fastest paced games of the slate.

Way too cheap. He should be around 5500 I think.

Smith was fairly priced and only became ‘value’ due to MT and Sanders sitting.

Johnson was simply a pricing error. Made no sense.

I was going to use him until Saints scratched two WRs and I made a tough call.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #93

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@yisman said...

Yeah, he’s 5.5K next week, and even against Baltimore that’s a bit too cheap. He’s really a 6.5-7.5K receiver with his volume. 10, 13, and 15 targets in his 3 healthy games.

• thedkexperience

I feel like we watched the death of “safe” cash games yesterday. It’s all a damn crapshoot now. When you have WRs scoring 20 by the dozen and having 3 of them gets you nowhere it’s probably time to just acknowledge that cash games perception needs to be reevaluated.

• livetorace17

And it’s noon the next day waiting on FD to pay out like…

• CJtheGrump

@bigez952 said...

The perfect lineup used $49,600 and scored 321.32.

Oh interesting. Thanks I’d have thought it could have saved more just because you didn’t need pricey RBs or a pricey TE to score well at those spots.

• bignish

@thedkexperience said...

I feel like we watched the death of “safe” cash games yesterday. It’s all a damn crapshoot now. When you have WRs scoring 20 by the dozen and having 3 of them gets you nowhere it’s probably time to just acknowledge that cash games perception needs to be reevaluated.

What do you mean? Most of the good plays smashed, it seemed like the chalk was very predictable on this slate. Its harder to win of course since everyone’s on the good plays so cash games generally come down to a 2v2 or a 3v3.

• ValuableTrader

@Pandamonious said...

He’s not the Steelers #1 WR—-very debatable. If you follow the Steelers a little more you’ll know that DJ was trending in the wrong direction. Hurt a little, emergence of Claypool… He needed this game big time or else he was probably getting benched. James Washington, before yesterday, was trending along side Claypool as well. Let’s not forget about JuJu and Ebron. I think his price wasn’t as shocking as most think, too many options in STEEL CITY.

• mellofellowsu

@synth said...

100% with you at this point. Took me a bit longer than others to get there, but hunting for the 350/3 ceiling game just doesn’t make sense when that won’t even be enough. I think a couple of years ago the QBs were scoring in a close enough range that going for salary savings and ceiling hunting via matchup for mediocre QBs made sense but the game has just changed too much for that to be the case now.

When you think of it, QB is the most crucial position to nail. You can take down a GPP with a RB, WR, TE putting up half of the max score that week. In other words you have more of a margin of error when picking the skill positions. There is zero chance of winning a GPP with a QB that scores 20 or even 27, 28 points (on FD). But luckily it’s also the easiest position to pick, just don’t get cute with it trying to pick some second-tier QB that doesn’t have a great chance of hitting that 30+ score.

• mbunner23

Had a good day yesterday on the main slate. Played around $45 and won $1250. Thank you Mr. Lockett, Adams, and Murray.

• mellofellowsu

@bazerko said...

Other than the fact that he was in a game projected to be close with a high point total, there wasn’t any sign that he was an obvious play, or a lot more people would’ve been on him. You could say the same for a lot of WRs in that <$6k price range on FD.

You could look at the secondary ratings and points allowed by defense, but bargain WRs are still going to fail to pan out in those situations more often than not. That’s why they’re bargains.

And I’m someone that had him in a few of my lineups. I wish I could say I knew it was going to happen but I didn’t. This is just the randomness of DFS, IMO. Don’t beat yourself up about it.

• yisman

@mellofellowsu said...

Other than the fact that he was in a game projected to be close with a high point total, there wasn’t any sign that he was an obvious play, or a lot more people would’ve been on him. You could say the same for a lot of WRs in that <$6k price range on FD.

You could look at the secondary ratings and points allowed by defense, but bargain WRs are still going to fail to pan out in those situations more often than not. That’s why they’re bargains.

And I’m someone that had him in a few of my lineups. I wish I could say I knew it was going to happen but I didn’t. This is just the randomness of DFS, IMO. Don’t beat yourself up about it.

We were talking DK.

On DK, Diontae was about the same price as TreQuan. Both stood out as value plays.

• BIF

@yisman said...

2nd down in OT and you settle for a 41 yard FG?

I hate that call. Run two plays, try to gain yards and at least run some clock (in case your kicker misses and gives SEA another shot).

Or if you score a TD you don’t have to worry about kicker

Agree – even if your full intent is to kick a FG; you QB is your best RB and Edmonds was hitting them for chunks late in the game and in OT – let your QB naked bootleg it at least one more play and he prob picks up anywhere from 5 yards to a TD.

They ended up winning somehow as Russ made some bad throws late in the game.

• BIF

@yisman said...

As for showdown, I had Edmonds, Murray, Lockett, Hopkins so I should’ve done well, but I also had Carson who played like one drive and then quit.

needed to punt a spot instead of taking Zane Gonzales and then maybe be able to get Russ instead of Carson?

Or drop Hopkins, making it easier to get to Russ

Yah both QBs to me was a must in this matchup along with Lockett but I punted Isabella who did nothing and just missed cashing on my single bullet. I had Kirk which was good as I couldn’t afford Hopkins. Four good players and 2 duds means a near miss. Glad I only invested $10 as it was a fun game to watch but spoiled a bit by some bad throws/INTs late.

• BIF

@bazerko said...

He is the #1 guy in Pitt (sorry JuJu) but when healthy, Ben has been feeding Diontae with 10+ targets a game and he got 15 of them yesterday despite getting hurt late.

Also he was a bargain basement $4200 in a good WR/CB matchup

• BIF

@yisman said...

I faded Smith as my NO exposure was mostly tied up with 40% Kamara and 15-20% Jared Cook.

For basically the same price as Smith, I could get Cook who had a better chance of beating his peers in his salary range. Like you said about Smith, Cook also became a better play without MT/Sanders.

Not that Cook’s 12.2 DK points was great but at TE that is plenty of output unless you’ve paid up for Kelce/Kittle where at WR you need 20+ to compete in GPPs.

With equivalent upside, it made more sense to me to play the TE for NO over the WR position.

• BIF

@thedkexperience said...

What was your cash lineup ?

• BIF

@ValuableTrader said...

He’s not the Steelers #1 WR—-very debatable. If you follow the Steelers a little more you’ll know that DJ was trending in the wrong direction. Hurt a little, emergence of Claypool… He needed this game big time or else he was probably getting benched. James Washington, before yesterday, was trending along side Claypool as well. Let’s not forget about JuJu and Ebron. I think his price wasn’t as shocking as most think, too many options in STEEL CITY.

I disagree – Diontae has done nothing wrong this year, gets WR1 volume in every game he has played and is a different type of WR than Washington – plus has way better hands though Washington has been better this year after some highlight reel drops last year.

Claypool for sure has stepped up and will get some targets but Diontae seems to be Ben’s guy and is getting targets that are comparable to the former AB84 targets.

• damionismyname

@mellofellowsu said...

played a lot of Claypool and little Johnson….seems like Ben was locked in on him.

• Alvance83

@BIF said...

Agree – even if your full intent is to kick a FG; you QB is your best RB and Edmonds was hitting them for chunks late in the game and in OT – let your QB naked bootleg it at least one more play and he prob picks up anywhere from 5 yards to a TD.

They ended up winning somehow as Russ made some bad throws late in the game.

That false start in ot was a game changer. Lockett had no one covering him in the slot and they were clearly sending the whole farm at Russ. I might have woke up the house yelling at the tv 😁

• yisman

https://sports.yahoo.com/budda-baker-couldnt-believe-dk-metcalfs-hustle-play-first-time-ive-ever-been-hawked-in-my-entire-life-132827607.html

There’s a place in our hearts and memories for the great hustle plays in NFL history.

We remember Darrell Green running down Tony Dorsett and Eric Dickerson, Don Beebe knocking the ball away from Leon Lett and Ben Watson coming from all the way across the field to hit Champ Bailey.

DK Metcalf will go on that list. In a wildly entertaining Sunday night game, the Seattle Seahawks receiver showed off his athleticism and determination. Arizona Cardinals safety Budda Baker, who ran a 4.45-second 40-yard dash at the NFL scouting combine, had a clean interception and what looked like an easy 98-yard touchdown.

Metcalf ran him down from way behind. Even Baker couldn’t believe it, and had to show his respect.

There was plenty to talk about after the Cardinals’ 37-34 overtime win, but a tackle in the second quarter was still on everyone’s mind.

Baker said he’d never been run down from behind like that, which isn’t surprising given his 4.4 speed.

“I was running, and next thing you know, I see big 14 coming after me,” Baker said, according to the Seahawks’ website. “He got me. That’s the first time I’ve ever been hawked in my entire life.”

• thedkexperience

@bignish said...

What do you mean? Most of the good plays smashed, it seemed like the chalk was very predictable on this slate. Its harder to win of course since everyone’s on the good plays so cash games generally come down to a 2v2 or a 3v3.

I prefer days when the chalk doesn’t smash. I also prefer the days when someone at WR doesn’t score 40-50 something points.

Regardless, days like yesterday are why I don’t play cash.

• mellofellowsu

@thedkexperience said...

I prefer days when the chalk doesn’t smash. I also prefer the days when someone at WR doesn’t score 40-50 something points.

Regardless, days like yesterday are why I don’t play cash.

I had a bad feeling all week about week 7. 5 games were in domes. I had a feeling there was going to be a lot of chalk and that it’d be difficult to nail the top picks.

• timusbr

@NDNole said...

How does brady have 157 yards passing and mike evans does not have a catch?????????????????????????

because TB like everyone else, Only get to play with 1 ball. So many options at WR TE and RB. Bucs fans have got to love it but Bucs fans as well as DFS’s have a dilemma of who to go with. I wouldn’t want to stack that team, unless my whole stack of 20 LU’s spreads the wealth around looking to get the right mix. even then it could be a recipe for mediocrity as the ball is spread out.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.