1:00 PM EST : Detroit ( 2.5 ) at Houston ( -2.5 ) —- T: —
    1:00 PM EST : Kansas City ( -2.5 ) at Indianapolis ( 2.5 ) —- T: 49.5
    1:00 PM EST : Arizona ( 1 ) at Carolina ( -1 ) —- T: —
    4:05 PM EST : San Diego ( 6.5 ) at Denver ( -6.5 ) —- T: —
    4:25 PM EST : Green Bay ( 2.5 ) at Atlanta ( -2.5 ) —- T: 52.5
    8:30 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 4.5 ) at Dallas ( -4.5 ) —- T: 43.5

Monday, 10/31
    8:30 PM EST : Minnesota ( 0 ) at Chicago ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• Dadeano860

I say buyer beware with Winston. Raiders defense is a good match up, I get it. Tampa has really gotten back to the run after that 58 pass game. He hasn’t been over 300 yards in any other game. I do like Evans though due to targets and red zone usage

• CleverGroom

@Dadeano860 said...

I would like TY and Evans. I don’t trust Winston for cash. I only play FD so I’m paying a bit more for Luck. Didn’t see the game, but do you think the Raiders can limit Evans like they did A-Rob? Or was that just a byproduct of Bortles ineptness?

Winston is a better bet than usual at home. They run a different, faster offense there, and let him throw more often. He’ll become especially potent if Oakland keeps the game close, which is likely: Vegas has this game pegged as 49.5 with TB as -1 favorites.

Still can’t argue against Luck—especially on FD, where the prices are so much closer. My only caveat is that I wouldn’t be brave enough to play him and Hilton together in cash.

As for A-Rob, I agree with others that it’s completely a question of Bortles’s incompetence. He has regressed so badly this season. He’s winding up like a pitcher every time he throws, which means that A) passes arrive late, and B) every player on the entire defense knows right where he’s going. Robinson might be pressing now, and I do think that Oakland’s D is better than most people realize, but the fact remains that Winston’s way better than Bortles at this point. I’m pretty sure he also has better pass blocking. Jacksonville’s been banged all season at left guard in particular.

They won’t be able to get Evans open when he’s the only goddamn WR on the entire field for 3rd and long (see, e.g., 4th quarter against Carolina), but they’ll be able to pass to him without significant problems. Mariota and Bortles are the only guys who’ve had any issues passing against the Raiders.

• Dadeano860

@CleverGroom said...

My only caveat is that I wouldn’t be brave enough to play him and Hilton together in cash.

Hilton has become a target monster with the injuries. Really not TD dependent to get value in cash with the volume he’s been seeing. I have no qualms about stacking them in cash although I rarely do stack QB-WR in my cash lineups. If Moncrief is back I’ll take pause pairing them in cash.

• Dadeano860

This Cleveland defense talk needs to stop. Zero talent. They aren’t even an NFL team at this point. They are about to unload Joe Thomas and assure themselves of the top pick. I actually like Fitzpatrick as much as Winston (same price on FD) this week. Fitzpatrick is super motivated and I think the Jets have a get well big win. Marshall could go off if Haden is out

• mnstone14

My first thought was play winston in cash but I dont know if i can do it. hes just as likely to throw for 275 and three tds as he is 195 and 3 picks.

• ASitar

I think Ty Montgomery is the play of the week given his price on DK at $5300. He will hit 5x value for sure. As for TE, I like Barnidge to take advantage of that Jets secondary. Who is the cheap WR everyone is looking at this week? Boldin?

• 33BeRad

Anyone think the Jets will try to run it more on Cleveland’s defense? That way they can limit Fitz’s throwing. So Forte could be a good play if he gets 20+ touches. I don’t think it is a Blount game in the New England game. Buffalo shut them out so this could be a statement game with Brady not playing the first one. May do a NE stack of Brady/White/Edelman.

• CleverGroom

@ASitar said...

I think Ty Montgomery is the play of the week given his price on DK at $5300. He will hit 5x value for sure. As for TE, I like Barnidge to take advantage of that Jets secondary. Who is the cheap WR everyone is looking at this week? Boldin?

I like Ty about as much as anybody, but there’s no way he’s a lock for 5x. That’d be his best game of the year by almost 4 points, and he’s had 10 catches in the last two games as it is. 10 catches per game isn’t sustainable, even operating as an extension of the run game. He could easily score against Atlanta and go over 5x, but he could just as easily get held out again and fail.

I’ll be all over Barnidge if McCown plays. Otherwise, not so much.

Cheap WRs, I like Davante Adams (cash—cheaper than Ty on DK and a great tournament play too if ownership isn’t crazy), Marqise Lee (any format), J.J. Nelson (GPP), Tyrell the Gazelle (GPP), Quincy Enunwa (GPP). Maybe Humphries and Shepard from TB, maybe Kearse and Lockett from Seattle. Seth Roberts could be interesting too. Anquan doesn’t thrill me on the road against a strong Texans secondary.

• CleverGroom

@33BeRad said...

Anyone think the Jets will try to run it more on Cleveland’s defense? That way they can limit Fitz’s throwing. So Forte could be a good play if he gets 20+ touches. I don’t think it is a Blount game in the New England game. Buffalo shut them out so this could be a statement game with Brady not playing the first one. May do a NE stack of Brady/White/Edelman.

Forte’s probably a good play. Danny Shelton’s one of the only highlights of Cleveland’s defense, though, and Forte hasn’t exactly been consistent this season. I don’t trust his health or usage enough to play him in cash.

I’ll probably stay away from the NE at BUF game because I don’t know what Bill Belichick or Rex Ryan will do. Tyrod isn’t a good enough passer to pick up one of the spare parts from that receiver room. Brady’s great, but there are better alternatives. Good luck picking which one of his weapons will be featured…assuming any are. Both backfields are convoluted. I feel a lot more comfortable targeting other games this week.

• jgrot22

If there is anytime the Cleveland Browns are going to win this year… its against trashpatrick & the Jets… remember these words lolol

• mnstone14

Cobb or monty for cash?

• JD221

@CleverGroom said...

Marqise Lee is a fantastic cash game play until further notice.

Jameis Winston is absolutely a must-play this week. I have no explanation for his pricing. Should be stackable with Mike Evans, Cameron Brate, perhaps Russell Shepard, or a combination. Not sure how I’ll treat Cooper and Crabtree yet.

DGB seems like a real dart. He’s outsnapping Josh Huff, but that’s about all you can say for him. Hasn’t been getting the red zone looks that we were told to expect, the Eagles are actively attempting to trade for Torrey Smith, and the Cowboys are actually playing well on defense.

I’m not seeing much to love this week at DST. The Vikings are obvious if you’re playing the full slate, but even then, their price is jacked way up (at least on DK) and ownership will be nuts.

What about some Carolina Panthers? Stick with me here….

Carson’s lost a lot of the juice he showed last year, and their passing game is a shade of its former self. DJ is a GOAT-level talent, but he just got abused for over 46 minutes by the Seattle D. Seattle hangover, anybody? The whole offense went through the wringer Sunday night, and now they’ve got to travel three time zones east, for an early start against a team coming off their bye.

On the other side, you’ve got an incredibly talented front seven who are among the very best in the league against the run. Yes, Jacquizz Rodgers put on a show kicking them while they were down, and yes, they haven’t been getting as much pressure as they should, but all the pieces are there. They still managed to keep Quizz out of the end zone, and they stood up Adrian Peterson. They’re the only team this year that’s been effective against Carlos Hyde. They stymied Atlanta’s vaunted backfield—albeit at the cost of 300 yards to Julio. They’ve been averaging a couple sacks a game and can do better (which is bad news for an Arizona team that’s struggled to protect Carson, and Carson isn’t helping).

Their secondary is undeniably a problem. Thing is, until this year, we’ve never had any reason to doubt their ability to coach guys up. Ron Rivera’s never been great coming out of a bye, but I think there’s reason to hope that he and his staff can fix what’s wrong with the Panthers. Arizona certainly can’t offer any challenges close to Julio Jones.

What do you reckon? Any takers on CAR DST?

I absolutely love ur posts keep it up kid!

• gillio

If woods is out again I’m liking Goodwin this week

• econbrah11

I like Russell Wilson and Doug Baldwin this week against NO in the dome.

• RobertoTomba

@econbrah11 said...

I like Russell Wilson and Doug Baldwin this week against NO in the dome.

I like 2015 Russell Wilson and Doug Baldwin better than the 2016 vintage. Great match-up, though.

• RobertoTomba

@CleverGroom said...

I’ll probably stay away from the NE at BUF game because I don’t know what Bill Belichick or Rex Ryan will do.

I predict that Rex Ryan will force Lesean McCoy to play again, just to piss off owners of McCoy and Gillislee. Maybe he’ll force Sammy Watkins and Robert Woods to play, too. The only reliable play here is Brady.

• Darrylfink

Cheap/Moderate Tourney team Stack Winston/Rodgers/Evans/Brate.

• trippw123

All in on Julio against Green Bay’s pass defense ??

• mnstone14

@trippw123 said...

I am

• rjgboom

@CleverGroom said...

Yeah, I think so. There’s a few great value plays in cash at WR—especially if you’re playing Marqise Lee in the full slate—so I don’t mind paying more at RB.

My biggest concern with Freeman is the decision-making of the coaches last week. Quinn kept throwing with a lead in the 4th, and eventually Matty Ice got picked. Could’ve been avoided if he’d just stayed on the ground with Freeman instead of being irrationally aggressive.

Cash games at RB, I’d say Christine Michael, Spencer Ware, Ezekiel Elliott, and Devonta Freeman are the best plays. I’ll probably pay down a bit on FD for Ty Montgomery now that he’s a RB over there.

Also hard to pass up Jeremy Hill at $4,500 on DK if you’re playing full slate…been strictly a GPP play this year, but it’s the Redskins, right?

Love your posts, sir. I don’t typically play much cash, but I’m trying my hand this week on FD. I’m don’t think I am going to play Michael. NO defense isn’t good, but Seattle’s OL is horrid. As long as the defense isn’t SF-level bad, they could hold him to TD-dependent 20-70.

• rjgboom

@trippw123 said...

Gunter has looked good at CB for GB whenever I’ve watched, but Julio will probably make him look really bad.

• Jhelms10

i know this is more based toward daily, but for season long would it be idiotic to trade matt ryan if i was able to get winston off of the wire tomorrow

• rjgboom

@Jhelms10 said...

i know this is more based toward daily, but for season long would it be idiotic to trade matt ryan if i was able to get winston off of the wire tomorrow

Depends on who you get for Ryan, but I don’t think it’d be idiotic.

• RobertoTomba

@Jhelms10 said...

I misunderstood this as a trade of one for the other (which would be terrible). But, if you get a stud RB or WR, and you can add Winston, that’s a good move.

• trippw123

Booker and Anderson going to continue to split reps?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).