1:00 PM EST : Detroit ( 2.5 ) at Houston ( -2.5 ) —- T: —
    1:00 PM EST : Kansas City ( -2.5 ) at Indianapolis ( 2.5 ) —- T: 49.5
    1:00 PM EST : Arizona ( 1 ) at Carolina ( -1 ) —- T: —
    4:05 PM EST : San Diego ( 6.5 ) at Denver ( -6.5 ) —- T: —
    4:25 PM EST : Green Bay ( 2.5 ) at Atlanta ( -2.5 ) —- T: 52.5
    8:30 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 4.5 ) at Dallas ( -4.5 ) —- T: 43.5

Monday, 10/31
    8:30 PM EST : Minnesota ( 0 ) at Chicago ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• RobertoTomba

And now, the latest episode of the new soap opera, “Ryan’s Hope(less)”:

LeSean McCoy (hamstring) will not practice Wednesday.
    “We’ll see how he progresses through the week,” coach Rex Ryan said. McCoy is getting treatment around the clock, but it’s really hard to see the Bills pushing him to play after foolishly doing so last week only to see McCoy re-injure the hamstring and probably cause further damage. Mike Gillislee is the favorite to start vs. New England and will be a workload-dependent RB2. Oct 26 – 11:40 AM
    Source: ESPN.com

• rjgboom

@trippw123 said...

Booker and Anderson going to continue to split reps?

Edit: Bad info from me here…sorry

• liquidfire

Soooo… with Tevin Coleman out can we assume Freeman’s ownership will be pushing 30-40%?

I LOVE the idea of pivoting from Freeman to Gordan. People see Denver defense for Gordan and run away. However, they are only really elite against the pass. Teams know this too, and will try to rush at them more because of it. That is why the broncos are #7 in terms of the ratio of run/pass teams use against them (towards the run side). In terms of ratio of yard actually gained (run/pass) They are #2! Only the opponents of the Eagles gain a higher percentage of the yards they do get from the run.

Not to mention, he is basically gamescript proof anyway since he has shown he can get up to 7 passing targets in a game and has 2 passing touchdowns.

On, FD Gordan is 300 more expensive which should drive ownership down. On DK the situation is almost reversed, he is such a good deal there its ridiculous, and his ownership will still be very depressed because of Denver’s name recognition as a tough defense.

Then you have the meta game of people not wanting to chase his 3 TDs from last week. In reality, most people will have this very thought and so its possible the correct move is to play him.

In a vacuum I’d still take Freeman, although not by much… But the ownership leverage we are likely looking at there is intense. If freeman has a bad game, it is going to wipe out 1/3rd of the field in tournaments this week, and if Freeman has a bad game and Gordan goes off you are going to be staring at the top. If they do roughly equal, on DK you are getting a major salary discount.

• rjgboom

@RobertoTomba said...

And now, the latest episode of the new soap opera, “Ryan’s Hope(less)”:

LeSean McCoy (hamstring) will not practice Wednesday.
    “We’ll see how he progresses through the week,” coach Rex Ryan said. McCoy is getting treatment around the clock, but it’s really hard to see the Bills pushing him to play after foolishly doing so last week only to see McCoy re-injure the hamstring and probably cause further damage. Mike Gillislee is the favorite to start vs. New England and will be a workload-dependent RB2. Oct 26 – 11:40 AM
    Source: ESPN.com

Did he say anything about Dareus? Buffalo’s
    might start to look a little better in the upcoming weeks.

I’m just going to stay away from this game — I have no idea what’s going to happen, between injuries, Belichick, and Ryan probably quadruple teaming Gronk.

• RobertoTomba

@rjgboom said...

Did he say anything about Dareus?

Bills coach Rex Ryan said there’s no timetable for NT Marcell Dareus’ return from a hamstring injury.
    Dareus has sat out the last two games after injuring his hamstring at practice. The former All-Pro has yet to see the field in 2016 after serving a four-game suspension to begin the year. Corbin Bryant has been filling in at nose tackle. Oct 17 – 5:21 PM
    Source: Joe Buscaglia on Twitter

• stuntdevil

@trippw123 said...

Adam LevitanVerified account
    ‏@adamlevitan
    Wow, big news in here. Says C.J. Anderson seeking second opinion on a knee injury: https://t.co/mc5MNcstpD

• RobertoTomba

Anyone falling for Jordy Nelson again this week?

• Shock87

D.J. White is out for the Chiefs.. Moncrief may be back this week.. Luck is looking better and better

• Shock87

@RobertoTomba said...

It seems like Atlanta does decent against WR1’s.. Last week it looks as if Williams got the love over Benjamin. Adams/Cobb week?..

• BIF

@RobertoTomba said...

Nope I’m going to ride the Zach Ertz train of death again instead.

• Danrxlaw7

@trippw123 said...

Maybe not. Value may have opened up at RB if Anderson sits against SD Defense. $5600 RB1 sure opens up a lot of possibilities in terms of roster construction.

Per Rotoworld:

“”(player-popup)C.J. Anderson”:/players/c-j-anderson-16963 is not practicing Wednesday and is seeking a second opinion on a knee injury. Anderson went down early in the Monday night game against the Texans but missed just a couple plays before quickly returning and piling up 107 yards and one touchdown on 16 carries. He looked no worse for the wear, but there’s concern here that Anderson could be out “an extended period of time.” We’ll await more info, but this obviously makes Devontae Booker a must-have.”

• BIF

Freeman is hurt too – practice in a Non-contact jersey today and Falcs signed 2 RB’s (Ward from practice squad and Stevan Ridley) so stay tuned if he is risk to get hit and be out…….

• CleverGroom

@BIF said...

Nope I’m going to ride the Zach Ertz train of death again instead.

Oh God, don’t do it to yourself. You is kind, you is smart, you is important. You deserve better than Vance McDonald, followed by Zach Ertz. You is kind, you is smart, you is important.

Gillislee was limited with a foot issue today. Reggie Bush is apparently healthy and was splitting time with him last week, so I can’t see a way that anybody in this Buffalo backfield is going to be playable.

Meanwhile, we get new questions about the health of C.J. Anderson, and Devonta Freeman is questionable with an undisclosed injury, wearing a non-contact jersey in practice. Devontae Booker is clearly in play if Anderson is limited—I think he was a reasonable cash game option regardless. If Devonta’s hurt or limited, ATL’s backfield is simply a wasteland.

Doesn’t it seem like Devontae should be the plural form of Devonta? One Devonta, two or more Devontae…too many Devontae this week.

• AVivier

CJ Anderson out this week, most likely several weeks.

• Danrxlaw7

@AVivier said...

CJ Anderson out this week, most likely several weeks.

Looks like another 138 point pay line on FD cash this week if the chalk hits.

• CleverGroom

@liquidfire said...

I LOVE the idea of pivoting from Freeman to Gordan.

If I ever play Melvin Gordon again, it will only be because I sense that he will be in a good spot to fall into the end zone unopposed for the millionth time. That is not the situation in Denver, and Gordon is terrible without his flukey TDs.

If you want to hang your hat on the game they played in SD, don’t. Throw it out. Kubiak was in the hospital, Siemian was coming off his shoulder injury, and the Chargers were playing on their home field. This time they’re going to be playing a vengeful Broncos team in their own lair. The game script just doesn’t set up for Melvin Gordon to run for his 3 yard average all night long.

The only way I like him to score is if the Broncos get dinged for DPI in the end zone. Wouldn’t be the first time Gordon feasted on that call.

• deactivated66527

In this week’s episode of the Melvin Gordon show: Broncos will fumble the ball deep in their territory giving Gordon a quick TD. Then later in the game, the Broncos will get called for a controversial PI in the endzone giving Gordon a stumbling 1 yard TD plunge. He will finish with 20+ DK points yet again in the most unimpressive way possible because he is Melvin Gordon.

• CleverGroom

Bilal Powell isn’t practicing with turf toe, so Matt Forte gets a bump up my list.

Booker’s a must-play with Anderson out, obviously.

Freeman’s injury is a hip. Given that, ATL’s play calling, the backups they signed, and GB’s run D, I think I’m off him at this point.

Josh McCown has been cleared and is practicing in full. He’s a risky dart, given that he continually takes boneheaded risks with his own body, the Browns offensive line isn’t perfect, and the Jets front seven is their greatest defensive strength. Definitely moves Gary Barnidge up my list, however. McCown loves that dude, and the Jets haven’t been great against TE. Note also that while Coleman practiced routes, he isn’t yet catching any passes on his bum hand.

Jordan Reed and Josh Norman will be assessed for their concussions tomorrow, so hopefully we’ll get news then about whether they’ll go on Sunday morning.

Riddick and Ebron are practicing again. Abandon hope, Taters fans.

• CleverGroom

@rjgboom said...

Love your posts, sir. I don’t typically play much cash, but I’m trying my hand this week on FD. I’m don’t think I am going to play Michael. NO defense isn’t good, but Seattle’s OL is horrid. As long as the defense isn’t SF-level bad, they could hold him to TD-dependent 20-70.

NO’s run D isn’t quite as bad as the 49ers, but it’s close. Part of the difference is simply that SF runs at such a high tempo, keeps their D on the field longer, and allows opponents to run more plays. Another factor is that NO has allowed more receiving yards, which is certainly part of Michael’s skill set. He averages about four targets per game.

One of the things that I’ve learned as a Seahawks fan is that our O line is a liability each year, until the week it isn’t. Tom Cable will fix it. The man’s earned my faith. Last week was an extremely tough draw, but New Orleans isn’t.

Al Smizzle’s probably right that we shouldn’t panic about Devonta. That was always a good news/bad news kind of play, though, and I think Christine Michael, Spencer Ware, Ezekiel Elliott, and Matt Forte are my targets if I’m paying up at RB this week.

If we’re paying down, obviously Booker should have 30-50% ownership at this point, plus there’s deals on Jeremy Hill and Latavius Murray. Ty Montgomery is intriguing on FD. I’d also consider a flier on C.J. Prosise. Seattle just released C.J. Spiller, so Prosise is clearly their 3rd-down back as we move forward. Interesting bargain pivot off CMike if you’re not sure about Seattle’s run blocking.

• RobertoTomba

@CleverGroom said...

Riddick and Ebron are practicing again. Abandon hope, Taters fans.

Thanks for the update…I’ve been checking all day,

• amanuel777

@CleverGroom said...

Doesn’t it seem like Devontae should be the plural form of Devonta? One Devonta, two or more Devontae…too many Devontae this week.

I always thought that the plural would be Devontii, no? Or that would be if the name was Devontius?

• CleverGroom

@amanuel777 said...

I always thought that the plural would be Devontii, no? Or that would be if the name was Devontius?

Over/under on the number of years till there’s a Devontius playing in the NFL? I’m thinking it should be around three.

Relatedly, I think someone needs to tell Arrelious Benn that he is not a better player than Allen Robinson. Or maybe someone should tell A Rob. At least one of them has forgotten his place. Last thing we need is a league overrun by Arrelioi and Devontii.

• CleverGroom

Jamaal Charles limited in practice today, nursing that knee. More good news for Spencer Ware against the Colts. Andy Reid said yesterday that he intends to take his time with Charles, because “if you really look at what’s real, it’s a long season.”

I think he’s calling you out, Rex Ryan.

• BIF

@CleverGroom said...

Oh God, don’t do it to yourself. You is kind, you is smart, you is important. You deserve better than Vance McDonald, followed by Zach Ertz. You is kind, you is smart, you is important.

I play a lot of lineups so not too concerned about a little Ertz this week as Dall bad against the TE. Same as last week, I had lots of Doyle so a miss with V McD is not so bad. I expected Ertz to go off last week as it was the first week that I didn’t have any so this could be the week he cracks double digits LOL which would almost be value with his salary dropping

• CleverGroom

Keep an eye on Nick Mangold. The Jets center didn’t practice today with an ankle sprain, and has been dinged up since earlier in the season. If he doesn’t play, it’d be a concern both for pass protection and the run game—NYJ runs through their center over three times as often as any other part of the line (41%).

Not for nothing, but Danny Shelton is probably the best healthy player on the Browns defense, and he’s a nose tackle. Center play might be important for the Jets.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).