NFL FORUM

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Did you know we have a new chat area specifically for NFL? Come get in on some NFL talk or sweat the games by clicking the Chat radio button up above or by clicking here: https://rotogrinders.com/chat?channel=nfl..

Thursday, 10/26
    8:25 PM EST : Miami ( 3 ) at Baltimore ( -3 ) —- T: 37.5

Sunday, 10/29
    9:30 AM EST : Minnesota ( -7.5 ) at Cleveland ( 7.5 ) —- T: 37.5
    1:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( -4.5 ) at NY Jets ( 4.5 ) —- T: —
    1:00 PM EST : San Francisco ( 11.5 ) at Philadelphia ( -11.5 ) —- T: —
    1:00 PM EST : Indianapolis ( 10 ) at Cincinnati ( -10 ) —- T: 41
    1:00 PM EST : LA Chargers ( 7 ) at New England ( -7 ) —- T: —
    1:00 PM EST : Carolina ( 2.5 ) at Tampa Bay ( -2.5 ) —- T: 44
    1:00 PM EST : Oakland ( 3 ) at Buffalo ( -3 ) —- T: 46
    1:00 PM EST : Chicago ( 9 ) at New Orleans ( -9 ) —- T: 48
    4:05 PM EST : Houston ( 5.5 ) at Seattle ( -5.5 ) —- T: 42
    4:25 PM EST : Dallas ( 1.5 ) at Washington ( -1.5 ) —- T: —
    8:30 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( -3 ) at Detroit ( 3 ) —- T: 45

Monday, 10/30
    8:30 PM EST : Denver ( 7.5 ) at Kansas City ( -7.5 ) —- T: 44

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last week’s NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• CleverGroom

@yisman said...

Collins vulturing Allen’s touches

These will never not be funny to me.

• GTRandy27

Better point per dollar play at tight end, Jordan Reed or Tyler Kroft?

• AVivier

@GTRandy27 said...

Better point per dollar play at tight end, Jordan Reed or Tyler Kroft?

Reed, I don’t think it’s particularly close.

• Dakotasbest

Lockett or Richardson for a salary saver?

• xpac21

wondering if league will flex somethin else into SNF next week to avoid showing dolphins in primetime, prob take away a juicy game off the DK main slate

• CleverGroom

@infantryboys said...

I definitely think Thompson is. 4 of the Redskins 5 o-linemen are listed on the injury report and weather will be an issue in DC Sunday. I can foresee a lot of dump offs to Thompson at would should be fairly low ownership, since many people see him as a full PPR play only.

See, I feel a degree of terror about Thompson in this scenario. Cousins too. One of the things I wanted to see was Dallas rounding into mid-season form up front, with their newly whole front seven. First game we’ve seen it. They were playing Beathard, but the OL starters for SF are probably better than the backups for WAS, and they were brutalizing them. It could be a real nasty game. Thompson wouldn’t be my first choice in cash by any means.

Kamara makes a bit more sense to me. I just don’t want to attack the Bears with RBs. I think there’s a lot of other options that I’d look at first, whether it’s Austin Ekeler, the Patriots, the Eagles, or even the Bears. This Benny Cunningham injury situation is sneaky exciting to me.

• GTRandy27

@AVivier said...

Reed, I don’t think it’s particularly close.

Asking because it allows me to do some nice things with QB and WR. I do like Kroft’s floor but I feel reed is mispriced and still a stud TE.

• yisman

@CleverGroom said...

These will never not be funny to me.

why is that?

• mike42

If forte plays, think he is a sneaky good play in the mud vs an undersized D. Jets due to score some rushing TD’s and he would be the leading candidate. Guys a mudder, loves the slop, eats it up. Did you know his mother was a mudder?

• mike42

@yisman said...

why is that?

I’m going to answer that for CG, because Collins is the far better runner and Buck is the one that’s been stealing carries. CG feels the same way about the situation in SD

• CleverGroom

@yisman said...

why is that?

Alex Collins is the RB1 in Baltimore. He wouldn’t have been getting the usage he’s had if it were otherwise. They’ve had months and months worth of opportunities to commit to Buck Allen if they didn’t hate his guts, and they’ve never been willing to do it.

Buck’s the 3rd-down back. He won’t even be that when Danny Woodhead comes back. Alex Collins will still be getting runs, though. If you were mad about game script, because the wretchedness of the Dolphins robbed Buck of some chances to catch some passes, that’d be one thing. Can’t be mad at RB1 for getting goal-line runs in a shutout.

I can supply a screenshot of Buck on my Yahoo season-long bench if you think this is all post-hoc, results-based thinking. He’s gonna get waived real soon.

• yisman

@mike42 said...

I’m going to answer that for CG, because Collins is the far better runner and Buck is the one that’s been stealing carries. CG feels the same way about the situation in SD

it’s true, he has been far better, but I was operating under the assumption that Allen was the primary back, as in past weeks

otherwise there was no reason to use Allen

• CleverGroom

@mike42 said...

If forte plays, think he is a sneaky good play in the mud vs an undersized D. Jets due to score some rushing TD’s and he would be the leading candidate. Guys a mudder, loves the slop, eats it up. Did you know his mother was a mudder?

I hate the split between him and Billy, but it’s real interesting for sure. Love those pass-catching backs against ATL.

• HawksFan12

@Dunzor said...

I think I’ve pinned down the bulk of my lineup on FD for the main slate GPPs with my final decision between the following options for my RB2 &WR3:

McCoy & Lafell….or….Mixon & A. Cooper

Any opinions which you like for FD gpp?

I think the ceiling is so much higher on McCoy and Lafell for gpp. Both are in nearly all of my lineups on FD

• miggs6876

@mike42 said...

I agree. Forte has been looking pretty good too. However, I’m scared about how all the jets rbs get touches. Will forte see enough?

• CleverGroom

@mike42 said...

I’m a little bit of a Melvin Gordon apologist, honestly. I’m not forecasting Ekeler to take over early-down runs from him or anything like that. Even so, that passing role alone could be huge, especially in a matchup against NE minus Hightower.

MG3 has had 24 targets in the last three weeks, and Ekeler’s only had 12. Last week it was 4 targets apiece, and Ekeler caught 100% to MG3’s 25%. Yards weren’t there against the Broncos, but still…lot of meat left on that bone if we’re hearing murmurs about him gaining ground.

• HawksFan12

@xpac21 said...

wondering if league will flex somethin else into SNF next week to avoid showing dolphins in primetime, prob take away a juicy game off the DK main slate

It’s too early in the season for them to flex games in and out of SNF.

• CleverGroom

Some interesting murmurs from the Lions beat about Cooter’s changes over the bye week. Said he’s scrapped some stuff that wasn’t working and hopes for the offense to play a bigger role in their games, moving forward. Said we might expect more two-RB personnel, e.g. Theo Riddick and Ameer Abdullah on the field together. Very interesting for SNF, especially if Taters and Golladay both miss.

I’d tick Riddick up and Abdullah down in that case. Tough to see a run-first, walk-off win for the Lions, but promising if Riddick finally gets back into his old role with negative game script.

• mike42

@CleverGroom said...

I’m a little bit of a Melvin Gordon apologist, honestly. I’m not forecasting Ekeler to take over early-down runs from him or anything like that. Even so, that passing role alone could be huge, especially in a matchup against NE minus Hightower.

MG3 has had 24 targets in the last three weeks, and Ekeler’s only had 12. Last week it was 4 targets apiece, and Ekeler caught 100% to MG3’s 25%. Yards weren’t there against the Broncos, but still…lot of meat left on that bone if we’re hearing murmurs about him gaining ground.

ive don’t the same thing, you see more talent/potential in the backup and it alters your thinking for the next game. Sometimes it takes a lot of games to play out, sometimes it never plays out like with the Dallas WR’s. I’ like the play this game, can see Ekeler getting more than enough chances to smash especially if NE pulls ahead or MG 3 screws up again. I’ll say it again, very rare for a coach to toss a player under the bus like that.

• xpac21

@mike42 said...

Sometimes it takes a lot of games to play out, sometimes it never plays out like with the Dallas WR’s

beasley and williams to chi for amukamara?

• 33BeRad

@CleverGroom said...

Kamara makes a bit more sense to me. I just don’t want to attack the Bears with RBs.

I like kamara this week more than Ingram. I think he can attack them more in the McKinnon type role and I think the Saints get out to a lead and may want to give him more of the 2nd half(at least 4th quarter) carries. The Saints want to be able to run all year and if they get up big no reason to use Ingram as a workhorse for the 3rd week in a row. This is a let down spot for the Bears def.

• CleverGroom

#TeamStartJuJu is a thing, just so everybody’s aware. JuJu says your love for him isn’t true unless you start him in fantasy.

• yisman

@HawksFan12 said...

It’s too early in the season for them to flex games in and out of SNF.

they changed it a few years ago, actually. They can flex.

http://www.nfl.com/flexible-schedules

NFL Flexible Scheduling 101

Begins Sunday of Week 5
    In effect during Weeks 5-17
    Up to 2 games may be flexed into Sunday Night between Weeks 5-10

• yisman

@CleverGroom said...

#TeamStartJuJu is a thing, just so everybody’s aware. JuJu says your love for him isn’t true unless you start him in fantasy.

https://twitter.com/TeamJuJu/status/923643879143829504

3,872 Retweets
    22,819 Likes

• yisman

It’s too late for them to flex Week 9 SNF, though. Changes need to be announced 12 days in advance.

Seems like a poor decision for them not to flex out of a Miami game.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).