NFL FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Did you know we have a new chat area specifically for NFL? Come get in on some NFL talk or sweat the games by clicking the Chat radio button up above or by clicking here: https://rotogrinders.com/chat?channel=nfl..

Thursday, 10/26
    8:25 PM EST : Miami ( 3 ) at Baltimore ( -3 ) —- T: 37.5

Sunday, 10/29
    9:30 AM EST : Minnesota ( -7.5 ) at Cleveland ( 7.5 ) —- T: 37.5
    1:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( -4.5 ) at NY Jets ( 4.5 ) —- T: —
    1:00 PM EST : San Francisco ( 11.5 ) at Philadelphia ( -11.5 ) —- T: —
    1:00 PM EST : Indianapolis ( 10 ) at Cincinnati ( -10 ) —- T: 41
    1:00 PM EST : LA Chargers ( 7 ) at New England ( -7 ) —- T: —
    1:00 PM EST : Carolina ( 2.5 ) at Tampa Bay ( -2.5 ) —- T: 44
    1:00 PM EST : Oakland ( 3 ) at Buffalo ( -3 ) —- T: 46
    1:00 PM EST : Chicago ( 9 ) at New Orleans ( -9 ) —- T: 48
    4:05 PM EST : Houston ( 5.5 ) at Seattle ( -5.5 ) —- T: 42
    4:25 PM EST : Dallas ( 1.5 ) at Washington ( -1.5 ) —- T: —
    8:30 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( -3 ) at Detroit ( 3 ) —- T: 45

Monday, 10/30
    8:30 PM EST : Denver ( 7.5 ) at Kansas City ( -7.5 ) —- T: 44

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last week’s NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• CleverGroom

@33BeRad said...

I think the Saints get out to a lead

Will they? Wiiiiiiiill they, though? I’m doubting for the first time in many weeks. This is at least as big a let-down spot for the Saints as the Bears, surely.

Remember that the New Orleans defense is quantifiably worse at home vs. on the road—they aren’t like a normal team in that regard. Brees is quantifiably worse against zone defenses vs. man, and the Bears have been smothering even great QBs ever since Matt Ryan threw an underwhelming and fluky 321-yard game against them in Week 1. Take out that Austin Hooper stiff-arm and Ryan’s under 240, nobody’s passed for 300 yards on the Bears all year, and the Chicago’s 4-3.

We all know the ancient bear trick of rolling over against losers and then beating ass when it’s least expected. It’s the oldest trick in the bear book. They’ve actually got a competent WR now too. Inman may not get much done against Lattimore and Crawley, but at the very least he poses a credible threat.

I think you could make an equally strong argument to play Ingram, Howard, Kamara, or Cohen. That makes me think none of them are a good idea in cash. They’re all beautiful for GPPs.

• sholden

Seems to be a lot of JuJu and Bell love..but..even with a depleted receiving core…the obvious has not been said:

• GTRandy27

Jordan Howard = millionaire maker

• draggin49

Should I consider Blount with the poor weather forecasted? Or with Smallwood back should I just avoid it altogether for gpps and go somewhere not splitting carries

• XxHeisenbergxX

@sholden said...

Seems to be a lot of JuJu and Bell love..but..even with a depleted receiving core…the obvious has not been said:

They are not depleted you will see a TD pass to Heyward-Bey this Sunday.

• sholden

@XxHeisenbergxX said...

They are not depleted you will see a TD pass to Heyward-Bey this Sunday.

They’re not depleted? No Bryant, and a fresh out of concussion JuJu?

AB is going to feast on Sunday. I can see two TDs going to him.

• CleverGroom

@sholden said...

They’re not depleted? No Bryant, and a fresh out of concussion JuJu?

AB is going to feast on Sunday. I can see two TDs going to him.

That sounds…weird to me. This is a road game, remember? Different team in that situation. And I tend to think Detroit’s outed as a significant run funnel over the next few weeks without Ngata. Bell’s unquestionably the best play to me.

AB’s a fine tournament pivot, of course, and never was there ever a safer WR cash play if you can afford him somehow. Just not a priority for me under the circumstances.

• CleverGroom

@yisman said...

It’s too late for them to flex Week 9 SNF, though. Changes need to be announced 12 days in advance.

Seems like a poor decision for them not to flex out of a Miami game.

It’s come to my attention that the Dolphins are scheduled to play in MNF 17 days from now. That’s right: Dolphins on TNF, SNF, and MNF in three consecutive weeks. We need to start a petition or something.

• sholden

@CleverGroom said...

That sounds…weird to me. This is a road game, remember? Different team in that situation. And I tend to think Detroit’s outed as a significant run funnel over the next few weeks without Ngata. Bell’s unquestionably the best play to me.

AB’s a fine tournament pivot, of course, and never was there ever a safer WR cash play if you can afford him somehow. Just not a priority for me under the circumstances.

Oh, I’m talking strictly tournaments. I personally think that there are a lot of mid-tier running backs in great spots to where you don’t need to pay up for Lev this week. On the flip side of that, landing that upper-tier WR is so crucial. IMO, AB > Evans > Green (all priced fairly the same on FD). I truly think the piece of the offense you want is AB. He has a large mental edge on Slay too, as the last time they faced Slay said “He literally tried to kill me” and then proceeded to catch a deep ball. Add in the non-phenomenal WR core + dome..let’s do this!

• Dakotasbest

I’m not a great DFS player but every time I put green in my lineup that dude feasts. I like him a lot this week… so I could go 6-7 or 7-7. Mixon stirring the pot makes me like him more.

• draggin49

If the ginger BB gun (dalton) can manage to be remotely accurate which who knows if he can , AJ will probably have a big game

• Kamais_Ookin

Ok I need a bit of catharsis release for m-th slate. Wish I knew alex collins was the rb1 for ravens, but at least now I do. What really pains me though is how highly owned ravens dst was, and rightfully so vs dumpster moore. Feeling REALLY stupid. I have all the set pieces but fail on the most obvious play. Hate seeing how similar my lineup is to the top placers but that one horrid decision… So tilting. Doesn’t help that these small slates are 150 max entries. I only do a few and come so close multiple times now. To me lots of these weeks has seemed simple with knowing most of the core positions in the primetime/m-th slates, but it needs a ton of entries to cover all the other options that are available for the last remaining 2 slots or w/e. Don’t have the bankroll for that otherwise I’d have made it big a long time ago.

Now that I have that out of my system, time to look forward to WR-Roulette this Sunday. Another joyous week of Sunday football where assholes like Justin Hardy and Kamar Aiken will hit 30pts while guys like Hilton and Garcon enjoy another week of single digit Pts because why the hell not?

• Pdirty25

Yes they are a value play. Remember Cin and KC

• Dadeano860

@CleverGroom said...

#TeamJamEmIn this week.

Who’s the “em?” I’m on Leveon over Zeke and getting Leveon in my cash lineups. You trying to jam 2 of the 3 RBs in your lineup? I’ve been on #TeamJamHimIn with Leveon, the rest of my lineups have been been balanced out due to the lack of value.

What do you think about Docston? He’s been decisive on podcasts I’ve listened too, lots of love and hate. I have a soft spot for him due to the $ he won me at TCU in college DFS. The talent is there but that offense has too many pass catchers (I’m ignoring the possible rain for now in breakdown players).

• ribeyeshrimp

…testing

• ribeyeshrimp

@Kamais_Ookin said...

Ok I need a bit of catharsis release for m-th slate. Wish I knew alex collins was the rb1 for ravens, but at least now I do. What really pains me though is how highly owned ravens dst was, and rightfully so vs dumpster moore. Feeling REALLY stupid. I have all the set pieces but fail on the most obvious play. Hate seeing how similar my lineup is to the top placers but that one horrid decision… So tilting. Doesn’t help that these small slates are 150 max entries. I only do a few and come so close multiple times now. To me lots of these weeks has seemed simple with knowing most of the core positions in the primetime/m-th slates, but it needs a ton of entries to cover all the other options that are available for the last remaining 2 slots or w/e. Don’t have the bankroll for that otherwise I’d have made it big a long time ago.

Now that I have that out of my system, time to look forward to WR-Roulette this Sunday. Another joyous week of Sunday football where assholes like Justin Hardy and Kamar Aiken will hit 30pts while guys like Hilton and Garcon enjoy another week of single digit Pts because why the hell not?

You must be drunk.

• dhess0

So I guess that’s ajayi/dolphins stack didn’t work out for me… :(

• Dadeano860

@CleverGroom said...

This Benny Cunningham injury situation is sneaky exciting to me.

Tarik Cohen had……1 touch with Benny out last week.

• CleverGroom

@Dadeano860 said...

Who’s the “em?” I’m on Leveon over Zeke and getting Leveon in my cash lineups. You trying to jam 2 of the 3 RBs in your lineup? I’ve been on #TeamJamHimIn with Leveon, the rest of my lineups have been been balanced out due to the lack of value.

What do you think about Docston? He’s been decisive on podcasts I’ve listened too, lots of love and hate. I have a soft spot for him due to the $ he won me at TCU in college DFS. The talent is there but that offense has too many pass catchers (I’m ignoring the possible rain for now in breakdown players).

Yeah, I’m talking 2/3 of Bell/Zeke/Shady. It’s doable. Tough, but doable. Dropping to Cowboys DST helps a ton on DK (they’re $2,300!). Real hard if you try to do Bell/Zeke on the full slate. I kinda prefer Travis Kelce in the FLEX there.

I’m inclined to take Silva’s side with Doctson. I don’t really see why they have to give him 8+ targets in a game, given all the other mouths to feed. I don’t think Dallas’s defense lends itself to that. Seems likely that Doctson will get ownership, and I’m not so bullish on him that I’d want to match the field or go over.

• CleverGroom

@Dadeano860 said...

Tarik Cohen had……1 touch with Benny out last week.

That was a total through-the-looking-glass freak show. He had 70 yards on that touch. He was targeted on 3 attempts by Trubisky. That’s 43% market share, fam.

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

Everybody on Doctson with this coach talk and passing Pryor. I’m taking the opposite approach and sticking to my guns with Crowder. I know he hasn’t done much this year but he was an integral part of their offense last year with better receivers (maybe that’s part of the problem this year). Regardless I’m in the minority here but think it could pay off. Also liking Reed again though too.

• winnerchickendinner

You guys do realize that brandon Williams was back for baltimore? They got gashed on the run for weeks without him.

• taford14

Need help in GPP. Bell/Ginn or Ingram/”(player-popup #mike-evans)M. Evans”:/players/mike-evans-18287. I think w/o Ngata Bell could get 30 on FD. Weather in TB is going to be bad. Does that mean to fade Evans or does that mean he will catch 11 catches within 15 yards of the LOS?

• CleverGroom

@winnerchickendinner said...

You guys do realize that brandon Williams was back for baltimore? They got gashed on the run for weeks without him.

They got gashed by Latavius Murray last week with Brandon Williams playing just shy of 70% snaps. Latavius Murray, mind you. This outcome was clearly within the range of foreseeable outcomes for Jay Ajayi, but that doesn’t mean he was a bad play in GPPs.

• winnerchickendinner

And for those who don’t think collins is any good, he was ranked no.4 in dvoa for running backs before this game.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).