NFL FORUM

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Did you know we have a new chat area specifically for NFL? Come get in on some NFL talk or sweat the games by clicking the Chat radio button up above or by clicking here: https://rotogrinders.com/chat?channel=nfl..

Thursday, 10/26
    8:25 PM EST : Miami ( 3 ) at Baltimore ( -3 ) —- T: 37.5

Sunday, 10/29
    9:30 AM EST : Minnesota ( -7.5 ) at Cleveland ( 7.5 ) —- T: 37.5
    1:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( -4.5 ) at NY Jets ( 4.5 ) —- T: —
    1:00 PM EST : San Francisco ( 11.5 ) at Philadelphia ( -11.5 ) —- T: —
    1:00 PM EST : Indianapolis ( 10 ) at Cincinnati ( -10 ) —- T: 41
    1:00 PM EST : LA Chargers ( 7 ) at New England ( -7 ) —- T: —
    1:00 PM EST : Carolina ( 2.5 ) at Tampa Bay ( -2.5 ) —- T: 44
    1:00 PM EST : Oakland ( 3 ) at Buffalo ( -3 ) —- T: 46
    1:00 PM EST : Chicago ( 9 ) at New Orleans ( -9 ) —- T: 48
    4:05 PM EST : Houston ( 5.5 ) at Seattle ( -5.5 ) —- T: 42
    4:25 PM EST : Dallas ( 1.5 ) at Washington ( -1.5 ) —- T: —
    8:30 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( -3 ) at Detroit ( 3 ) —- T: 45

Monday, 10/30
    8:30 PM EST : Denver ( 7.5 ) at Kansas City ( -7.5 ) —- T: 44

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last week’s NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• winnerchickendinner

@CleverGroom said...

They got gashed by Latavius Murray last week with Brandon Williams playing just shy of 70% snaps. Latavius Murray, mind you. This outcome was clearly within the range of foreseeable outcomes for Jay Ajayi, but that doesn’t mean he was a bad play in GPPs.

Disregard my two previous post guys.

• CleverGroom

@taford14 said...

Need help in GPP. Bell/Ginn or Ingram/”(player-popup #mike-evans)M. Evans”:/players/mike-evans-18287. I think w/o Ngata Bell could get 30 on FD. Weather in TB is going to be bad. Does that mean to fade Evans or does that mean he will catch 11 catches within 15 yards of the LOS?

Carolina’s been worse against short passing than deep, but that won’t necessarily hold up in a weather scenario where deep passing is impracticable. I’m not in love with the idea of Jameis Winston forcing the ball past Luke Kuechly in short yardage.

Relatedly, Ron Rivera said he’s counted something like five dropped INTs this year, where Carolina’s simply run bad with variance. I strongly prefer their side in this game.

• AVivier

@CleverGroom said...

That was a total through-the-looking-glass freak show. He had 70 yards on that touch. He was targeted on 3 attempts by Trubisky. That’s 43% market share, fam.

Miller was targeted on 3 too. I’m not sure we can read much into that. I don’t know why the Bears insist on using him so little, all Cohen does is succeed. Hopefully they come to their senses.

• CleverGroom

@AVivier said...

Miller was targeted on 3 too. I’m not sure we can read much into that. I don’t know why the Bears insist on using him so little, all Cohen does is succeed. Hopefully they come to their senses.

Right. I don’t think Tarik Cohen has a 43% receiving market share, moving forward. It was just a nonsense game that we can’t learn much of anything from. That goes for Cam Newton too, incidentally.

We’ve got some track record here of Tarik Cohen playing a major role. It’s fallen by the wayside recently, but they came into the season having intentionally built their first game plans around him and having gone out of their way to conceal him in the preseason. Dowell Loggains is an enigmatic figure. I wouldn’t be shocked if he’s got some significant work planned for Cohen against the Saints, now that they’ve lulled the league (and the DFS industry) into complacency once again. The matchup and the dome align perfectly with Cohen’s skill set.

• AVivier

Anyone have a good read on how many snaps Willie Snead might get? He’s 4K DK and projected at 1% ownership.

It’s really going to be hard to multi enter and not have reached somewhere.

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

@AVivier said...

Anyone have a good read on how many snaps Willie Snead might get? He’s 4K DK and projected at 1% ownership.

It’s really going to be hard to multi enter and not have reached somewhere.

I am not sure at all but I have really been jonesin to play him. I like him better than Ginn this week for sure.

• jfitz33

Anyone feeling like DJax is underpriced on draftkings? Also, if Goodwin is out anyone digging trent taylor? Finding value this week seems impossible but early on those guys look at least intriguing

• qnova34

RG Overall Ranking

@hautalak said...

Link

Dude YES! This is exactly where I’m at on the whole Doctson thing. in 3 out of his 4 games against Dallas Crowder has been really good (5-109-1, 8-88-0, 6-39-1, 3-29-0) which makes sense since we know Marinelli’s defense likes to filter targets into the middle of the field. Cousins is always better @ home and this game should have some scoring in it. Outside of one game he’s averaged 5-7 targets this season so I think 6 targets is a reasonable floor.

• hautalak

• x2

@qnova34 said...

Dude YES! This is exactly where I’m at on the whole Doctson thing. in 3 out of his 4 games against Dallas he’s been really good (5-109-1, 8-88-0, 6-39-1, 3-29-0) which makes sense since we know Marinelli’s defense likes to filter targets into the middle of the field. Cousins is always better @ home and this game should have some scoring in it. Outside of one game he’s averaged 5-7 targets this season so I think 6 targets is a reasonable floor.

I’m sure hoping so. I know he spreads the ball but with the lack of value elsewhere in a game Cousins is going to throw a ton I think Crowder at least hits “value” with a high ceiling IMO.

• hautalak

• x2

Also that confirmation just talked me into a Cousins/Zeke/Crowder/Reed stack.

• XxHeisenbergxX

@CleverGroom said...

That sounds…weird to me. This is a road game, remember? Different team in that situation. And I tend to think Detroit’s outed as a significant run funnel over the next few weeks without Ngata. Bell’s unquestionably the best play to me.

AB’s a fine tournament pivot, of course, and never was there ever a safer WR cash play if you can afford him somehow. Just not a priority for me under the circumstances.

I didnt say to play him I just said he will be involved compared to the rest of the WR we have. I have tried to tell you guys before…Bryant sucks, and unless you want to sit and wait for him to catch a 60 yard TD pass once every 7 games he is useless. Eli Rodgers blows he is done, and I would highly doubt Justin Hunter gets run…so besides AB and Bell you have two options JuJu and Heyward-Bey …JuJu is perfectly fine he will play come Sunday. I assume Bell is going to have his typical huge game on that fast track in the dome. I also love Pittsburgh from a betting stand point any time they play on primetime.

• XxHeisenbergxX

@hautalak said...

Everybody on Doctson with this coach talk and passing Pryor. I’m taking the opposite approach and sticking to my guns with Crowder. I know he hasn’t done much this year but he was an integral part of their offense last year with better receivers (maybe that’s part of the problem this year). Regardless I’m in the minority here but think it could pay off. Also liking Reed again though too.

Have you watched Doctson and Pryor play? Neither one of them can catch. Doctson seems to be the WR that gets the looks in the end zone though. Reed and Thompson are the guys Cousins likes the most. I love Vernon Davis I just wish he would get more run inside the red zone.

• miggs6876

@XxHeisenbergxX said...

I didnt say to play him I just said he will be involved compared to the rest of the WR we have. I have tried to tell you guys before…Bryant sucks, and unless you want to sit and wait for him to catch a 60 yard TD pass once every 7 games he is useless. Eli Rodgers blows he is done, and I would highly doubt Justin Hunter gets run…so besides AB and Bell you have two options JuJu and Heyward-Bey …JuJu is perfectly fine he will play come Sunday. I assume Bell is going to have his typical huge game on that fast track in the dome. I also love Pittsburgh from a betting stand point any time they play on primetime.

Xxheisenbergx, how do you feel about the Pitts defense?

• AVivier

@XxHeisenbergxX said...

Pittsburgh always likes to vertically stretch the field with someone besides just AB (and AB will have Slay). Rodgers is slow and bad at football. JuJu is a national treasure, but he doesn’t have vertical speed. Bryant is likely not playing.

It’s hard to picture them not taking a couple shots to Bey. Whether those are successful or not is a guessing game, but I think it’s a fine GPP play, especially on weeks like this.

• hautalak

• x2

@XxHeisenbergxX said...

Have you watched Doctson and Pryor play? Neither one of them can catch. Doctson seems to be the WR that gets the looks in the end zone though. Reed and Thompson are the guys Cousins likes the most. I love Vernon Davis I just wish he would get more run inside the red zone.

Yeah that WSH offense isn’t quite turning into what they thought after all the turnover in the offseason. Thompson is on my radar for sure. I’ll happily fade this Doctson chalk. Vernon Davis has been an enigma there. Glad both him and Reed are getting more involved now.

• bignish

@XxHeisenbergxX said...

The Lions will beat the Steelers on Sunday Night. Detroit is coming off a bye and rested while the Steelers just had an emotionally charged victory over the Bengals.

This is a major let down spot for Big Ben…he will DGAF this game away in the most unthinkable ways possible that you“ll only believe when you tune in on Sunday night.

That’s my bold prediction of the week.

• XxHeisenbergxX

@miggs6876 said...

Xxheisenbergx, how do you feel about the Pitts defense?

Right now I love how stable the Steelers defense has become, I will be the first to admit they are a pleasant surprise. They are really playing as a unit. If Golden Tate is out I really do not see anyone that can hurt them. However the Steelers D doesn’t really get you fantasy points they hover around the minimum point total of 10 (on DK) so if you want a safe 8 or 9 DK points then I like the Steelers D it is a rarity that you will ever see a Chicago or Ravens like performance where they blow up for 30-40 pts.

• bignish

@Dadeano860 said...

Who’s the “em?” I’m on Leveon over Zeke and getting Leveon in my cash lineups. You trying to jam 2 of the 3 RBs in your lineup? I’ve been on #TeamJamHimIn with Leveon, the rest of my lineups have been been balanced out due to the lack of value.

What do you think about Docston? He’s been decisive on podcasts I’ve listened too, lots of love and hate. I have a soft spot for him due to the $ he won me at TCU in college DFS. The talent is there but that offense has too many pass catchers (I’m ignoring the possible rain for now in breakdown players).

Shady>Bell>Zeke this week in my opinion

With the switch in Shady’s running scheme back to last year, he should eat against this Raiders Run Defense that ranks 20th DVOA against the run and 25th DVOA against passes to the RB.

We know Shady plays a lot better at home in The Ralph too.

• XxHeisenbergxX

@AVivier said...

Pittsburgh always likes to vertically stretch the field with someone besides just AB (and AB will have Slay). Rodgers is slow and bad at football. JuJu is a national treasure, but he doesn’t have vertical speed. Bryant is likely not playing.

It’s hard to picture them not taking a couple shots to Bey. Whether those are successful or not is a guessing game, but I think it’s a fine GPP play, especially on weeks like this.

You are right about JuJu he is becoming a huge fan favorite in Pittsburgh. They absolutely love him. He is going to be a possession receiver he will be the next Hines Ward. Big plays have not opened up because they no longer have a pass catching TE the retirement of Heath Miller has really crippled their offense. I really thought James would be a big target down the middle of the field to throw to but Ben never looks his way. Also the problem is they announce that they are going to take a shot down field. When you see Bey take the field you pretty much know what is going to happen and then he comes off the field which makes no sense. Pittsburghs offense is starting to come together…so maybe they will start spreading the ball around a bit if AB can refrain from acting like a little bitch when someone else catches the ball other than him.

• chatmar

CleverGroom, why is the Benny Cunningham injury situation sneaky exciting to you? Thanks

• miggs6876

@XxHeisenbergxX said...

Right now I love how stable the Steelers defense has become, I will be the first to admit they are a pleasant surprise. They are really playing as a unit. If Golden Tate is out I really do not see anyone that can hurt them. However the Steelers D doesn’t really get you fantasy points they hover around the minimum point total of 10 (on DK) so if you want a safe 8 or 9 DK points then I like the Steelers D it is a rarity that you will ever see a Chicago or Ravens like performance where they blow up for 30-40 pts.

Thanks

• ghost3490

Is Mike Evans the shhhhhhhhhhhhh this week? Haven’t seen one mention

• JDMcNugent

Got everything locked except my FLEX. Considering Blount, but other options are Reed, Desean Jax, Crowder James White and Mixon. Already have Cousins/Thompson from WAS game, so not sure if more Skins is the answer.

This is for an 8-man league where top two win, so a mix of CASH/GPP mentality I assume? Any thoughts appreciated!

• Dadeano860

@CleverGroom said...

That was a total through-the-looking-glass freak show. He had 70 yards on that touch. He was targeted on 3 attempts by Trubisky. That’s 43% market share, fam.

You’re on the Chicago side this week and you’re sticking too it. I admire that eventhough I strongly disagree of the game script you foresee playing out.

• sox9

Gaines out for BUF. Upgrade for Cooper, or still like Crabtree better?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).