NFL FORUM

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Did you know we have a new chat area specifically for NFL? Come get in on some NFL talk or sweat the games by clicking the Chat radio button up above or by clicking here: https://rotogrinders.com/chat?channel=nfl..

Thursday, 10/26
    8:25 PM EST : Miami ( 3 ) at Baltimore ( -3 ) —- T: 37.5

Sunday, 10/29
    9:30 AM EST : Minnesota ( -7.5 ) at Cleveland ( 7.5 ) —- T: 37.5
    1:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( -4.5 ) at NY Jets ( 4.5 ) —- T: —
    1:00 PM EST : San Francisco ( 11.5 ) at Philadelphia ( -11.5 ) —- T: —
    1:00 PM EST : Indianapolis ( 10 ) at Cincinnati ( -10 ) —- T: 41
    1:00 PM EST : LA Chargers ( 7 ) at New England ( -7 ) —- T: —
    1:00 PM EST : Carolina ( 2.5 ) at Tampa Bay ( -2.5 ) —- T: 44
    1:00 PM EST : Oakland ( 3 ) at Buffalo ( -3 ) —- T: 46
    1:00 PM EST : Chicago ( 9 ) at New Orleans ( -9 ) —- T: 48
    4:05 PM EST : Houston ( 5.5 ) at Seattle ( -5.5 ) —- T: 42
    4:25 PM EST : Dallas ( 1.5 ) at Washington ( -1.5 ) —- T: —
    8:30 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( -3 ) at Detroit ( 3 ) —- T: 45

Monday, 10/30
    8:30 PM EST : Denver ( 7.5 ) at Kansas City ( -7.5 ) —- T: 44

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last week’s NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• mbyrd75

@Kamais_Ookin said...

I think it’s acceptable but prefer cowboys at that pricepoint.

as a lifelong cowboys fan that thought makes me physically ill lol

• Dakotasbest

Is there any love for o’leary this week? Also, is anybody on rivers this week or are we thinking the weather may ruin his upside? I know New England defense is improving but Matt Ryan is the only qb that has not thrown for over 300 yards against them this year. We all know how Atlanta’s offense has been playing as well.

• Kamais_Ookin

Any qb is in play vs patriots after they made McClown look like a God.

• MikedUpDFS

Maybe one day we can get back to talking football and not peoples “ inherent bias”.

• htaneers

(on DK) I got a solid core, can’t decide on the last 2
    James White + Matt Forte or Deonte Thompson (or any <=4.1k) + Blount?

First option seems safe for 25pts on PPR, i think u can expect 10-15 from each and not less
    BUT, Second option has huge upside (and a shit floor). Lockett might have more ceiling, Richardson more floor than Thompson…I dont know any other 4.1 or less I’d rather have. Can’t go to 4.2 (Forte) in 2nd option

• htaneers

@mbyrd75 said...

as a lifelong cowboys fan that thought makes me physically ill lol

Skins’ o-line missing 4
    Boys’ d-line gained their DE’s from suspension/injury.
    Even before that they have provided more pressure than any other team, and they’re up there in sacks too!
    After that, with Skins’ line issues, and weather….its not a bad play at all

• htaneers

@Dakotasbest said...

Is there any love for o’leary this week? Also, is anybody on rivers this week or are we thinking the weather may ruin his upside? I know New England defense is improving but Matt Ryan is the only qb that has not thrown for over 300 yards against them this year. We all know how Atlanta’s offense has been playing as well.

I’m on O’leary. He runs deep routes all the time, each catch is 3-4 points MINIMUM. he can 3x with 3 catches and 0TD LOL

I’m not on Rivers, I’d rather be on MG3 than anyone if ur going to go Chargers O. I think schematically, Pats know how to play Bolts (and visa versa). They usually have close games because the coaches know each other well like a divisional game. Wind gonna be bad too. Only plays I’d like are James White, Dion Lewis, or MG3 (maybe Henry in play, maybe NE slot guy in play – Amendola or they may move Hogan in slot more)

• johnfoster8

DK Flex Funchess, Kamara, or Thompson?

• htaneers

Funchess for sure, imo, dont fall in a trap! Best floor by far, equal ceiling to Kamara.
    Kamara depends on gameflow, decent ceiling (not more than Funchess in this spot, though), shit floor. If you think Bears keep it close all game, go Kamara.

Thompson is very risky with the Skins’ o-line situation and weather. It could work out but the chances are much lower than FunFun

• johnfoster8

I have Funchess in there now I’m just worried about the wind.

• htaneers

he plays the slot though, the wind is actually an upgrade for him because 1-Cam will have to throw short-intermediate passes, and keep in mind he has top5 arm strength in the NFL, so his short zingers wont be affected by wind 2-They can’t run it, even with a lead they’ll have to throw short passes.

The wind in this game is upgrade to Funchess, and downgrade to Benjamin. McCaffery and Dickson could go either way depending what routes they run. (probably slight upgrade to McCaffery)

• Messiah717

Think I’m going to have a lot of Mccoy paired with guys like Thompson, White and Kamara. I don’t see Mixon and Blount providing anything the others can’t.

• Messiah717

Is AJ Green in the same boat as Julio because of price? I was thinking of going a lot of Evans-Baldwin-Crabtree. Maybe some Jeffrey and D Jackson as well.

• Kamais_Ookin

@Messiah717 said...

Think I’m going to have a lot of Mccoy paired with guys like Thompson, White and Kamara. I don’t see Mixon and Blount providing anything the others can’t.

Agreed with mixon, too much uncertainties around him. Blount has a lot to offer though, could easily be better than those rbs if they spam him.

• htaneers

@Kamais_Ookin said...

Agreed with mixon, too much uncertainties around him. Blount has a lot to offer though, could easily be better than those rbs if they spam him.

Yes, im 100% fade on Mixon and torn on Blount.

I’ve liked him all week but I LOVE my roster construction and i have to choose between
    Blount + any 4.1k or less (Lockett, Richardson, D.Thompson, JMatthews) — could have 45pt ceiling! but low floor…
    Forte + White — super boring but almost guaranteed 25 points (almost guaranteed 10-15 each)

Any advice, anyone?

• Messiah717

@Kamais_Ookin said...

I’m back and forth on Blount. With Mixon somebody would have to explain to me why this is finally going to be his week.

• BIF

@bluebroker said...

If a few of you want to keep beating this horse get the f**king quote right. He said “PRISON” not “ASYLUM”.

“We can’t have the inmates running the prison.” – Bob McNair

I don’t care if he was standing in a prison when he said it and if that prison had 99% black inmates – the point was that his comments were about normal business protocol in that the employee’s don’t make the rules.

The players have a union and if the union wants to strike then that is their right; otherwise shut the fuck up, put your pads on and then collect your multi-million dollar paycheck.

• Messiah717

@htaneers said...

Yes, im 100% fade on Mixon and torn on Blount.

I’ve liked him all week but I LOVE my roster construction and i have to choose between
    Blount + any 4.1k or less (Lockett, Richardson, D.Thompson, JMatthews) — could have 45pt ceiling! but low floor…
    Forte + White — super boring but almost guaranteed 25 points (almost guaranteed 10-15 each)

Whatchu think KO

Forte over Mixon and Blount. Problem solved.

• Dunzor

@Dadeano860 said...

Isn’t loving a lineup with Lafell in it an oxymoron? I wouldn’t touch either, but is rather have Ross than Lafell. I think both get >5 targets, I think Ross can do much more with that limited volume

Unfortunately the money comes out perfect to the dollar so I wouldn’t have enough to move up to Ross anyway, but I’ll take a shot on Lafell with his high target % in the red zone and hope he can snag a TD. Allows the rest of my lineup to be all the guys I really want including both Bell & Shady

• htaneers

@Messiah717 said...

Forte over Mixon and Blount. Problem solved.

I can’t afford that, i’d have to come down $200 on someone, and I dont like coming down 200 on a single one of my roster.
    (WR2 in some matchups I like with no one good 200 less, AJG and i dont want Julio, Tyrod and dont want Dalton…)
    This is on DK

• Messiah717

@htaneers said...

I can’t afford that, i’d have to come down $200 on someone, and I dont like coming down 200 on a single one of my roster.
    (WR2 in some matchups I like with no one good 200 less, AJG and i dont want Julio, Tyrod and dont want Dalton…)
    This is on DK

I’m on DK as well. It’s a tough week player pool and price wise. Plus, the wet weather that will be around. McCoy with Thompson or White seems to be my favorite.

• BIF

@bluebroker said...

I’m not excited at all but I’ll continue to post responses to posters who continue to push this topic and logic. I don’t take the misuse and misinterpretation of words lightly in any arena. Apparently Bob McNair agrees with me because he’s the one apologizing to his inmates, not me.

I’ve had Seattle locked since Monday, way ahead of you.

Would anyone be talking about this if McNair was of mixed race, black or Hispanic ?

The obvious correct answer is NO but WHY ? If the words used are so bad, it doesn’t matter who said it, right ?

• BIF

I still like JMatt at WR – the more hits Buffalo’s defense takes between injuries and Dareus moving on means the better chance Oakland scores which means the Bills will need to do so as well – I’ll take their best wide receiver for under $4K Alex.

• Kamais_Ookin

I don’t like forte when all the RBs in that team are healthy and splitting the work. Low floor and ceiling. Blount is in a much more appealing spot imo, with much higher ceiling potential. I mean, if you’re going to go cheap on rbs then you want to aim for high ceiling otherwise what’s the point of taking the risk? Do you want 10pts for your rbs vs people with elliot, mccoy, ingram, gordon? I sure as hell don’t.

I don’t know what to make of mixon. I don’t doubt him as a player, it’s the lack of opportunity that’s concerning. His coach is a bitch and could bench him for the comments made earlier in the week for all i know. Or he could play and put up 10pts as usual because he’s barely getting any carries.

Besides Blount and a pats rb (who?), cheap RBs seem like a trap to me. I’ll be steering away.

• Kamais_Ookin

I wish you guys would stfu about the race topic already. Site clearly needs more mods.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).