1:00 PM EST : Denver ( 6 ) at Indianapolis ( -6 ) —- T: 43.5
    1:00 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( 2.5 ) at Tennessee ( -2.5 ) —- T: 46.5
    4:05 PM EST : Carolina ( 5.5 ) at San Francisco ( -5.5 ) —- T: 41.5
    4:25 PM EST : Oakland ( 6.5 ) at Houston ( -6.5 ) —- T: 50.5
    4:25 PM EST : Cleveland ( 10.5 ) at New England ( -10.5 ) —- T: 46.5
    8:20 PM EST : Green Bay ( -3 ) at Kansas City ( 3 ) —- T: 48

Monday, 10/28
    8:15 PM EST : Miami ( 14.5 ) at Pittsburgh ( -14.5 ) —- T: 43

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• NDNole

@CheeseCutter

Exactly. Last week probably will have people off him.

• mike42

@Hoods From The Wood said...

And out of those Carr/WR still a distant 4th. Get some sleep Kid. It’ll all make sense

You are probably right. I had Pascal in 1 stack last week. I knew Hous would lock in on TY and Hous was good Vs TE’s, so it was either him or Rogers that should go off. Pissed off I only put him in 1 LU, but at least I didn’t roster C.Rogers. Makes no sense to target TE’s Vs Hous but it’s Carr/Gruden so……..you know.

• deeebo

thoughts on Landry this week

• fitz2k2

No!!!!! Baker will be to busy throwing 4 picks

• Boneys2000

Liking Carolina stack right now.Time for 9ers to come back down to earth a little.

• mike42

@CheeseCutter said...

I’ll be on him in GPPs. I was last week, but didn’t pay attention to the weather. He got his 20 touches, but in driving rain and slop. He’ll get 15-20 touches again this week at home against a bottom-tier run D for $5k. Hopefully last week will scare some players away.

I think when you look back on the season, 3 out of 4 of the biggest RB weeks on SF will be from Breida. He’s better and Coleman isn’t meant to touch it 20x, it feels like he loses efficiency with the extra touches. Coleman will have 75% of the ownership between them even though the odds are less than 50% that he’s the one that gives you a GPP winning 25 plus score (for cash, Coleman would be the play). Also, I think Breida’s small frame limited his touches last week in the rain more than normal and the split goes back to 60-40. Really surprised Moskert didn’t get a bunch of touches in the mud given the fact that he looks like and runs like a mudder.

I’m also of the viewpoint that teams are going to start making Jimmy G beat them, starting this week. Car had 2 weeks to prepare for SF, what do you think they focused on? SF is the type of team that the extra time to prepare should really help since their run game is so unique. They are also still missing 2 O-line guys and a FB, and should be facing stacked boxes until further notice. I just don’t think Coleman is the type of guy that can beat you when you are focusing on stopping him but Breida can bust a long TD on anyone and get you there.

BTW- Carolina’s run D isn’t bad, it’s actually closer to average. It’s entirely possible the SHort injury knocked them down to a bottom 10 rating but that’s a difficult thing to quantify until it plays out. SF couldn’t run on LAR after they lost their FB, not sure they run on Car either who just spent 2 weeks focusing on stopping just that.

• ifthethunder

@Alvance83 said...

Te – Smith if walker out, hooper if Ryan playing, Ebron, fells

I think Hunter Henry is worth a look again this week.
    ~

• mike42

@Boneys2000 said...

Liking Carolina stack right now.Time for 9ers to come back down to earth a little.

A fully rested CMC isn’t going to be chalky.

• Playtaw1n

@Falconsfan101 said...

“Supposed”

You figured it out yourself. On paper, supposed to be good. In reality, trash. Have you watched any of the Browns games this year? Or are you just going off talent on paper?

Just like they were before that ravens game right?

No I haven’t ever watched a game, I just go strictly off what the talking heads on ESPN hype up preseason.

• CheeseCutter

@mike42 said...

Makes no sense to target TE’s Vs Hous but it’s Carr/Gruden

I agree TEs against the Texans isn’t a great play, but I wouldn’t abandon Waller. They move him all over and Gruden will force ten targets in there. If you’re game stacking with Watson/Hopkins, I’d choose Waller as the bring back guy.

• NDNole

@mike42

I guess we are on opposite sides on the SF rb’s. I do think Breida is the better player and when given the chance he does really well. It just looks like they want Coleman to be the man. Also, Coleman is actually really fast as well. He always looks like he is on the verge of breaking one but just does not lol. I have no qualms with Breida being the one to go off. I’d play him if I thought he’d get the carries I just don’t think he will. He may score though.

As for Carolina run D. I had them penciled in before the season started as a team to attack on defense. The pass D has held up well though, but I haven’t backed off attacking them in the run game when the right situation occurs. I think his week a SF RB will do really well. I hope its Coleman. I only have 3 lineups so I’d hate to waste 2 of them hedging which one goes off but I might have to. They will both be lower owned.

• infantryboys

The Saints released Zach Zenner, who they signed last week when they put Kamara on the shelf. The fact they released him tells me Kamara should be active and Murray won’t be a thing this week.

• Falconsfly

Anyone know the status for Connor? He’s on the slate I’m in and can fit him easily in Flex

• marker0357

link for Mayo available yet?

• mike42

@Falconsfly said...

Anyone know the status for Connor? He’s on the slate I’m in and can fit him easily in Flex

Word was he could have come back into the game 2 weeks ago if it was needed. He really should be fine.

• deeebo

i think my rbs might be a jones connor and Sb. not bad for cash?

• mike42

@NDNole said...

@mike42

I guess we are on opposite sides on the SF rb’s. I do think Breida is the better player and when given the chance he does really well. It just looks like they want Coleman to be the man. Also, Coleman is actually really fast as well. He always looks like he is on the verge of breaking one but just does not lol. I have no qualms with Breida being the one to go off. I’d play him if I thought he’d get the carries I just don’t think he will. He may score though.

As for Carolina run D. I had them penciled in before the season started as a team to attack on defense. The pass D has held up well though, but I haven’t backed off attacking them in the run game when the right situation occurs. I think his week a SF RB will do really well. I hope its Coleman. I only have 3 lineups so I’d hate to waste 2 of them hedging which one goes off but I might have to. They will both be lower owned.

I just read that Breida suffered a second 1/2 concussion and that’s why the touch disparity was wider than usual. I know Coleman is also fast but he lacks elusiveness. How often do you see him make a guy miss? He doesn’t have that short-area quickness where he can elude that one guy that’s between him and a long TD. All the long TD’s I remember from him were basically straight shots on the outside to the end zone. I can’t remember the last “impressive” run I’ve seen from him, but Shanahan likes him and that matters most. If Breida is out, he will be chalk even though you can probably assume Moskert gets Breida’s touches.

• Falconsfan101

@Playtaw1n said...

Just like they were before that ravens game right?

No I haven’t ever watched a game, I just go strictly off what the talking heads on ESPN hype up preseason.

Was curious. Seems a lot of posters here go strictly off game logs, highlights, and roto blurbs. Browns are one of the top underachieving teams this year. So much talent, but the coaching is terrible and they are not clicking. I honestly thought they was a dark horse SB team this year, or at least would have a deep playoff run. Love Baker’s attitude, great defense on paper, just hasn’t materialized. They are being out-coached really…and going against BB is not who you want to go against if your team is not on the same page. Not scheming OBJ slants like another poster mentioned. They have a recipe for success, but are not following the recipe. Offensive line is still the biggest liability on this team, which is a huge reason for their issues this year. Maybe if they would scheme quick passes it would open up some things. Feel like Kitchens offense has already been figured out. Looks like they are trying to change that though. They are getting players reps at different positions on the line. Interesting comments from Kitchens on Monday if anyone is interested.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cleveland.com/browns/2019/10/freddie-kitchens-discusses-browns-offensive-line-in-monday-press-conference-transcript.html%3FoutputType%3Damp

• Stixwiz

@mike42 said...

We need to figure out which Oak WR is Pascal this week and Carr is in play.

I doubt we will see a Pascal like play on the Oakland side this week. Don’t forget the Texans pass rush is still one of the best in the NFL and I suspect they will have a much easier time of making their presence felt against a middle of the road Oakland O-line. My thoughts are this game will feature a lot of quick passes to Jacobs and Waller, which could be valuable depending on the TD distribution.

• Logan7777

@mike42 said...

I just read that Breida suffered a second 1/2 concussion and that’s why the touch disparity was wider than usual. I know Coleman is also fast but he lacks elusiveness. How often do you see him make a guy miss? He doesn’t have that short-area quickness where he can elude that one guy that’s between him and a long TD. All the long TD’s I remember from him were basically straight shots on the outside to the end zone. I can’t remember the last “impressive” run I’ve seen from him, but Shanahan likes him and that matters most. If Breida is out, he will be chalk even though you can probably assume Moskert gets Breida’s touches.

Breida passed concussion protocol on Monday and is cleared to go.

• queensfinest

theilen is officially out tomorrow

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

@queensfinest said...

Olabisi. Goes by Bisi though. Gets confusing since there’s no B. Johnson listed.

• Supanice

@queensfinest said...

Should have been obvious. You don’t crumple into a ball from a hamstring injury without it being bad, and hamstrings are super sucky in the sense that you are more likely to make it worse for up to a year after hurting it. My guess is Thielen tries to be a tough guy and come back too soon and just makes it worse.

A quick look shows way too many people having Dalvin in the flex for the M-T $250 double up, just plain foolish.

• mike42

@Falconsfan101 said...

Was curious. Seems a lot of posters here go strictly off game logs, highlights, and roto blurbs. Browns are one of the top underachieving teams this year. So much talent, but the coaching is terrible and they are not clicking. I honestly thought they was a dark horse SB team this year, or at least would have a deep playoff run. Love Baker’s attitude, great defense on paper, just hasn’t materialized. They are being out-coached really…and going against BB is not who you want to go against if your team is not on the same page. Not scheming OBJ slants like another poster mentioned. They have a recipe for success, but are not following the recipe. Offensive line is still the biggest liability on this team, which is a huge reason for their issues this year. Maybe if they would scheme quick passes it would open up some things. Feel like Kitchens offense has already been figured out. Looks like they are trying to change that though. They are getting players reps at different positions on the line. Interesting comments from Kitchens on Monday if anyone is interested.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cleveland.com/browns/2019/10/freddie-kitchens-discusses-browns-offensive-line-in-monday-press-conference-transcript.html%3FoutputType%3Damp

I do think Cleve plays well coming out of the bye, just hard to imagine it being a high scoring game. Cleve’s best chance is using that D-line to get to Brady, help make plays in the secondary that should be healthy now. How important OC’s and HC’s are in the NFL has never been more pronounced than it has been the last few years. Look at what happened to ATL after they lost Shanahan or Philly after they lost Reich. If the coaching staff in INdy or SF was in Cleveland, think Cleve would be who we thought they were. From the very first game, there have been penalties, a lack of consistency and poor play calling.

It used to be that the good teams had good players and good coaches, so you didn’t know what came first or mattered more. Now, it seems that the coaches are the main reason behind performance even when a team has a sub-optimal QB (Brissett/Jimmy G). Something tells me that Shanahan would have Mayfield humming and Chubb mimicing CMC’s numbers. Kitchens is all of a bottom 5 HC and playcaller.

• Supanice

I don’t think Brissett is a sub-optimal QB, even on his limited starts with the Pats you could see he was willing to die for every first down. Compare that to Flacco or Darnold. He has multiple 4x weeks so far and even a GPP winning score last week.

He was my highest owned QB last week and carried me to a 10th place finish in the early Rush last week which would have been first if Jacobs/Fournette/Cook didn’t have the worst goal line outcomes of all time.

That being said.. yeah you are right coaching is super important and I really see no reason to play anyone vs the Pats when you can just play under priced guys vs bad coaches/teams.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.