1:00 PM EST : LA Rams ( -3.5 ) at Miami ( 3.5 ) —- T: —
    1:00 PM EST : Las Vegas ( 3 ) at Cleveland ( -3 ) —- T: 55.5
    4:05 PM EST : LA Chargers ( -1.5 ) at Denver ( 1.5 ) —- T: 44.5
    4:25 PM EST : New Orleans ( -2.5 ) at Chicago ( 2.5 ) —- T: —
    4:25 PM EST : San Francisco ( 4 ) at Seattle ( -4 ) —- T: —
    8:20 PM EST : Dallas ( 7.5 ) at Philadelphia ( -7.5 ) —- T: 43.5

Monday, 11/2
    8:15 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( -10.5 ) at NY Giants ( 10.5 ) —- T: 48

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• superjon

@Njsum1 said...

Live look at me playing Jimmy G this weekend.

Dont’ worry. I’ll have my fair share of fishy plays as well. We can be fishes together!

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #61

RG Tiered Ranking

@monarch said...

Kyler Murray isnt the same player and he has Hopkins now.

Jimmy G is the same dude.

I think he is a fine dart but he would not be someone I would depend on. Seattle has been beaten because they generate no pressure. Their corners are good. I dont think their weakness in not generating pressure translates to Jimmy G all of a sudden turning into Tom Brady.

Cam Newton turned into Tom Brady against them. Edelman almost went for 200 yards

• monarch

@theIrrigator said...

Cam Newton turned into Tom Brady against them. Edelman almost went for 200 yards

Cam stands in the pocket and throws it down the field. Yes they have been bad but i dont think Jimmy G and the 49ers benefit from their weaknesses like other teams.

Cousins had a mediocre game vs them and Fitzmagic who everyone loves couldnt even throw a TD against them. Those are closer comps to Jimmy G than Kyler Murray and Cam Newton who are #1 overall draft pick generational talent players.

• Njsum1

@monarch said...

Maybe he breaks out this week but I dont think Aiyuk and Bourne can win enough for him to have a GPP winning day.

1)…no mention of the highest upside pass catcher on SF? Kittle

2) People aren’t playing Jimmy G to win them a GPP, they’re playing him because he can do enough and offers enough of a salary savings for other players to win you a GPP. Can you win a GPP if he gets you 28 at 5400? I think you can.

For the record, I’m not arguing that he’s this amazing play, I’ll likely be around 15-20%, I’m arguing that if he gives you a ceiling game, the odds of which increases against seattle, he could potentially be in a lineup that climbs the leaderboard.

• infantryboys

@monarch said...

Can you elaborate?

Week 1 Matt Ryan 37-54/450/2
    Week 2 Cam Newton 30-44/397/1 2 Rushing TDs
    Week 3 Dak Prescott 37-57/472/3
    Week 4 Ryan Fitzpatrick 29-45/315/0 1 Rushing TD
    Week 5 Kirk Cousins 27-39/249/2
    Week 6 Bye
    Week 7 Kyler Murray 34-48/360/3 1 Rushing TD

• sochoice

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2017 FanDuel WFFC Champion

https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/the-week-the-chalk-went-crazy-recap-of-nfl-week-7-chalk-plays-3469827

Grading the chalk from week 7 blog. So close, but yet so far.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #61

RG Tiered Ranking

@monarch said...

Can you elaborate?

Yes they give up the most fpts points to QB’s and WR’s. I can post actual numbers when I get home if necessary

• Joeltimb

Jimmy also benefits from elite play calling. He can do almost NOTHING and rack up 100yds and 2 td’s on glorified hand offs. He has YAC monsters and is against a horrible defense. I won’t go nuts on him but the stacks are insanely cheap and there’s obviously upside based on the opponent. He just put up 24dk points against the Rams. In that game he had 145 INTENDED air yards and finished with 268yds and 3 scores. He can easily get 30Dk this week.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #61

RG Tiered Ranking

@monarch said...

Cam stands in the pocket and throws it down the field. Yes they have been bad but i dont think Jimmy G and the 49ers benefit from their weaknesses like other teams.

Cousins had a mediocre game vs them and Fitzmagic who everyone loves couldnt even throw a TD against them. Those are closer comps to Jimmy G than Kyler Murray and Cam Newton who are #1 overall draft pick generational talent players.

Oakland Raiders fans hate the 49ers right?

• pheffernan7

@SteeloCity said...

Anyone like the Bears defense against the Saints? 🤨

Right game, wrong defense

• Bnett2210

@Njsum1 said...

1)…no mention of the highest upside pass catcher on SF? Kittle

2) People aren’t playing Jimmy G to win them a GPP, they’re playing him because he can do enough and offers enough of a salary savings for other players to win you a GPP. Can you win a GPP if he gets you 28 at 5400? I think you can.

For the record, I’m not arguing that he’s this amazing play, I’ll likely be around 15-20%, I’m arguing that if he gives you a ceiling game, the odds of which increases against seattle, he could potentially be in a lineup that climbs the leaderboard.

If Jimmy hits that high 20s for 5400 as long as you used the savings in the right spots, he could definitely win you a GPP. It’s not a comparison of him an Burrow but last week Burrow 5500 and was up there with the 7k and higher guys, if you went that route and used savings wisely then you probably had a decent day.

Pricing is tighter this week, and out of the expensive guys on paper Rodgers has the best matchup and he’s 2200 more than Jimmy. If Rodgers gets around 30-33 or anything less than 30 and Jimmy does have a good game like that then you can definitely win a GPP as long as that extra is in the right spots. I’ve been on the pay up for the rushing QBs with the better floors/ceiling but with pricing tighter unless some injuries come out, then a savings like that from him in a good spot could be the recipe for a good day.

• Joeltimb

Lions D. Near the minimum, Rivers is toast.

• thehazyone

RG Contributor

• Blogger of the Month

Came to see what the early chatter was. Saw the Jimmy G. Talk.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #61

RG Tiered Ranking

@Joeltimb said...

Lions D. Near the minimum, Rivers is toast.

Johnathan Taylor went in my first dummy lineup

• SRQ750

@monarch said...

Jimmy G was putrid dfs wise vs Seattle last year so be careful with your exposure. Wouldnt want you to get Marvin Jones ‘d
    lol.

I love Jimmy G in cash games. 49ers down to 4th and 5th RB’s. Seattle not bad against the run. Road dog against a poor pass defense with an implied total of 25.5. This is the only way to squeeze in Henry, Hunt at RB and Adams at WR. I’m only referring to cash games on FD.

Choosing a 3rd RB for Flex may be challenging. I don’t trust Henderson on the road. How hurt is Carson? CEH in a good spot but Bell will eat into his opportunities. Wil A. Jones play or is it the Williams show again? Same question on Mixon. I’m sure things will become clearer as the week progresses. Taylor also in a great spot coming off of a bye week.

• winnerchickendinner

Anyone going back to Smith at TE? coming off an early exit and bad matchup knocked him down to $4100

• Randallus

@thehazyone said...

Came to see what the early chatter was. Saw the Jimmy G. Talk.

Hahahaha. C’mon Hazy, you know you want to.

What was it, last week you weren’t gonna go the Ari-Sea game at all then decided you like some Lockett?

I’ll wait until the end of the week for you to type:

Overweight: Jimmy Garappolo

• Njsum1

@winnerchickendinner said...

Anyone going back to Smith at TE? coming off an early exit and bad matchup knocked him down to $4100

Yes, sure.

Honestly I don’t feel like any TE should ever be above 20% owned in my lineups. There’s so much variance at the position. But yeah, Jonnu’s in play.

• Njsum1

@Randallus said...

I’ll wait until the end of the week for you to type:

Overweight: Jimmy Garappolo

I’m guessing, he won’t overweight Jimmy cause he’ll be popular, and there’s high variance in Jimmy G’s outcomes, not because he’s not a good play.

Seems like Hazy is more sensitive to ownership than most on here 🤷‍♂️

However, if Jimmy POwN is like 5%, I’d guess he’d be overweight, if it’s like 20%, I’m guessing he’ll underweight.

• dominicanpapi

@winnerchickendinner said...

I’m probably building wrong but I’m going to have a shit ton of Bryant or Njoku this week.

• parrothead112

@dominicanpapi said...

I’m probably building wrong but I’m going to have a shit ton of Bryant or Njoku this week.

Waiting to see what the Indy TE’s look like.

• wolverinezack

would love to get up to the KC D on FD but as a Bears fan, think I’m locking the Saints D. Bears O is just flat out bad. Thinking they should hold them to 10pts tops, probably a couple of sacks and maybe a pick from Foles

• BIF

Apparently DK has raised the price of the main Showdown GPP from $10 to $15 an entry.

• Texaspridejb

Still shows ten for me you sure you aren’t looking at the Thursday showdown?

• 33BeRad

Cincy starting Center(concussion) and starting left tackle(neck) are considered day-to-day. They are already the most sacked team so the Titans def could be interesting this week if they are out. Something to keep an eye on.

Be careful not to overreact too much to the MNF game. Yes, Bears offense is bad but NO def is not the Rams def.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.