1:00 PM EST : LA Rams ( -3.5 ) at Miami ( 3.5 ) —- T: —
    1:00 PM EST : Las Vegas ( 3 ) at Cleveland ( -3 ) —- T: 55.5
    4:05 PM EST : LA Chargers ( -1.5 ) at Denver ( 1.5 ) —- T: 44.5
    4:25 PM EST : New Orleans ( -2.5 ) at Chicago ( 2.5 ) —- T: —
    4:25 PM EST : San Francisco ( 4 ) at Seattle ( -4 ) —- T: —
    8:20 PM EST : Dallas ( 7.5 ) at Philadelphia ( -7.5 ) —- T: 43.5

Monday, 11/2
    8:15 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( -10.5 ) at NY Giants ( 10.5 ) —- T: 48

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• jdtrey

@timusbr said...

i guess my reading is faulty if this was the case then I apologize to all.
    If the Def had an offense they would not be overrated. they got the personel. They are good and keeps them in the game. Actually I believe the defense is GREAT but that is the Bears fan in me.

TBH after reading your reply and rereading his original post it may be I who misread.

However, that doesn’t change anything about how I feel about the Bears D. I went over this a couple weeks ago with a different Bears fan but they really don’t look that impressive this year – except for Mack and Roquan Smith. EVERY single team they beat was down their best player and they all ended up one score games. They are 5-2 with a negative point differential and they’re right around league average (slightly positive) in time of possession so you can’t just fault the offense.

• marker0357

@timusbr said...

i guess my reading is faulty if this was the case then I apologize to all.
    If the Def had an offense they would not be overrated. they got the personel. They are good and keeps them in the game. Actually I believe the defense is GREAT but that is the Bears fan in me.

Go Bears!

Lifelong Bears fan here. Offense is horrendous. I’m one of the few, I guess, who wouldn’t have complained about putting Mitch in the game inside the 20 yd line against the Rams. With the current talent, they are having trouble getting enough separation with Foles arm strength/quick twitch and ability to read/react to the defense. The added dimension QB run might have made a difference.

Let’s face it. The Bears are going to have to get much more creative offensively in order to compete, especially when they are playing a team who has just as good or even better defense (Read: Colts/Rams). If they could sustain a few drives, that would take pressure off of the defense which is what I think Tim was saying.

• NDNole

@timusbr said...

LOL people posting about picking the Bears offensive players…..Have you not been watching them play? Hey last week they got in the red zone ONCE. Then another post on picking an opponent RB as a value play against the defense…..LMAO, have you not seen any of the games. The defense is the only bright spot on the team.

Sadly this fellow bears fan must agree.

• NDNole

@jdtrey said...

https://g.espncdn.com/s/ffldraftkit/20/NFLDK2020_CS_WRCBchartWeek8rose.pdf?addata=2020=WRCB_chtsht_week8rose_xxx

I was looking for this. Thanks!

• Njsum1

@timusbr said...

i got to say, bottom 1/3? i know what you want to portray with this statement but lets say they were ranked 21st or 22nd, that fits your stat criteria but what is the difference between 21st and lets say 11th the top 1/3. NOT MUCH. AND we havnt even talked about the play calling? the blocking? I believe Foles is capable of throwing 4 TD’s but I think he can also throw 5 picks. By looking at the landscape of NO @CHI you obviously see more TD’s While I see an organization in trouble and yes a 5-2 coach worried about his job.

Here’s why I didn’t like your post. The tone was condescending, and you made it seem like people wanted to stack the Bears every which way but loose. Someone asked if Mooney was worth a shot. I replied yes as a limited exposure play. You don’t think he has upside for 3500, especially considering ARob might miss? Or at least a good filler for a lineup?

Reminded of last week when I said Marvin Jones was worth a shot and someone made a post like people were advocating going 75% Marvin Jones. And what do you know he was worth a shot, 5-80 for 4400 not bad considering a TD would have made it a smash play.

2,5,8,10…those were Chicago’s last 4 opponents rankings in passing yards allowed. New Orleans is 17th. I Don’t think a 3500 WR versus the 17th ranked pass Def is such a bad play.

• NDNole

Deejay Dallas? I think if he starts he at least hits value right?

• Logan7777

@NDNole said...

He may be all SEA has for their backfield this weekend.

• timusbr

@Njsum1 said...

Here’s why I didn’t like your post. The tone was condescending, and you made it seem like people wanted to stack the Bears every which way but loose. Someone asked if Mooney was worth a shot. I replied yes as a limited exposure play. You don’t think he has upside for 3500, especially considering ARob might miss? Or at least a good filler for a lineup?

Reminded of last week when I said Marvin Jones was worth a shot and someone made a post like people were advocating going 75% Marvin Jones. And what do you know he was worth a shot, 5-80 for 4400 not bad considering a TD would have made it a smash play.

2,5,8,10…those were Chicago’s last 4 opponents rankings in passing yards allowed. New Orleans is 17th. I Don’t think a 3500 WR versus the 17th ranked pass Def is such a bad play.

we get on the same wording page we find more in common.
    Hey I liked the Marvin Jones angle last week, even chimed in with a why not him to get the extra DFS points in the football game. Sadly Det only scored 23 when I was hoping for 42.

The last 5 opponents of the Bears (5weeks ago first)
    Atl
    IND
    TB
    Car
    LAR
    I would like to know where IND is on your #‘s it doesnt jive with my numbers.
    Atl has been a joke no need to question the #2 ranking
    Does the 5 teams seem to have something in common?? I guess 3 are in the NFC south. Does that skew any of your numbers? I see a theme there do you?
    either way I mean no offense just tossing my opinion out there like it was pennies.

• BIF

@NDNole said...

I would say NO not necessarily against SF unless you think he scores a TD. I personally doubt they trust the rookie near the goalline when we already know the old ball coach didn’t trust Marshawn Lynch from the 1 in the Super Bowl.

• Njsum1

@timusbr said...

Atl has been a joke no need to question the #2 ranking

No I didn’t put ATL on the list, as ATL was 5 games ago where Foles crushed. I was referencing the Bears past 4 games. That was rankings in terms of fewest passing yards allowed. So the #2 was Indy, meaning they give up the second fewest passing yards.

If I put Atl on the list it would have been a 31. So now you can see the difficulty of the passing schedule the Bears have faced. Which is why I said as a fan you’re biased.

So as far as wording goes, I was actually downplaying how tough their schedule has been. As it’s more like a top 20% schedule in terms of difficulty over their last 4 games.

• JSteele

@BIF said...

I would say NO not necessarily against SF unless you think he scores a TD. I personally doubt they trust the rookie near the goalline when we already know the old ball coach didn’t trust Marshawn Lynch from the 1 in the Super Bowl.

If that is who Seattle has as their back I wouldn’t be surprised if they just let Russ throw all game

• miggs6876

I’m looking at a Tenn vs Cinci stack. However, im gonna pivot to Tannehill with some WR on both sides. Have to decide if Henry is worth that high fanduel price. Also, I know QB RB and WR doesn’t work often.

• Bnett2210

If it wasn’t SF for his first possible start then I would like it better, but DeeJay is solid. When he came to Miami as a freshman he was a WR and switched to RB. He is a very capable receiving threat out of the backfield.

• mathewsmarner

Since were crapping on Chi offence can we pick Saints Defence?

• Agent47

At defense on DK, I’m leaning towards the Packers at $2,900. They’re the second-highest favorite on the board behind the Chiefs yet under $3K. I realize that they played back in Week 1 and only scored 5 fpts against the Vikings but that game was in Minnesota and this one is in GB. I’ll still take my chances at less than $3K in GPPs, especially with the Chiefs presumably garnering so much ownership. Green Bay’s defense is top 10 in adjusted sack rate, while Minnesota’s offense is ranked 28th in adjusted sack rate. The Vikings also have the league’s third-worst turnover differential at -7 thanks largely to Cousins’ league-leading 10 interceptions. If the Thielen trade rumors end up coming to fruition, that would cement it even more for me.

• Agent47

At TE on DK, Graham and Jonnu Smith stand out as good options under $5K based on matchups and salaries, plus Graham has a revenge narrative if you’re into that sort of thing and could get a boost if Allen Robinson misses the game due to his concussion. Harrison Bryant will probably be popular after his big game against the Bengals last week, but his price has jumped $700.

The really cheap play that caught my eye, though, was Albert Okwuegbunam at $2,800. He saw 6 targets in week 6 while Fant was out and 7 more targets in week 7 even with Fant in the lineup. Sounds like Fant might still not be 100% coming off of his injury, and he was limited at practice on Wednesday. Plus, Albert has a connection with Drew Lock going back to their college days at Missouri. So I don’t think it’s a coincidence that Lock has been looking his way consistently these past 2 weeks, and I would think that would continue especially if Fant is out or limited.

• superjon

@mathewsmarner said...

Since were crapping on Chi offence can we pick Saints Defence?

I tend to focus on teams that

1. Are favorites
    2. Generate a lot of turnovers
    3. Are playing a team that turn the ball over a lot

The Saints are favorites, and the Bears do turn the ball over, but the Saints don’t generate a ton of turnovers.

So I would definitely prioritize the Saints D over any player from the Bears, but I haven’t looked at any other D to know how the Saints compare overall.

• NDNole

@Agent47 said...

The really cheap play that caught my eye, though, was Albert Okwuegbunam at $2,800. He saw 6 targets in week 6 while Fant was out and 7 more targets in week 7 even with Fant in the lineup. Sounds like Fant might still not be 100% coming off of his injury, and he was limited at practice on Wednesday. Plus, Albert has a connection with Drew Lock going back to their college days at Missouri. So I don’t think it’s a coincidence that Lock has been looking his way consistently these past 2 weeks, and I would think that would continue especially if Fant is out or limited.

Wasnt even on my radar. Thanks

• NDNole

Who’s great idea at draftkings was it to make the color font on team names black?????????? against a greyish black background?

• marker0357

@Agent47 said...

At defense on DK, I’m leaning towards the Packers at $2,900. They’re the second-highest favorite on the board behind the Chiefs yet under $3K. I realize that they played back in Week 1 and only scored 5 fpts against the Vikings but that game was in Minnesota and this one is in GB. I’ll still take my chances at less than $3K in GPPs, especially with the Chiefs presumably garnering so much ownership. Green Bay’s defense is top 10 in adjusted sack rate, while Minnesota’s offense is ranked 28th in adjusted sack rate. The Vikings also have the league’s third-worst turnover differential at -7 thanks largely to Cousins’ league-leading 10 interceptions. If the Thielen trade rumors end up coming to fruition, that would cement it even more for me.

B-I-N-G-O

• BIF

Wrong thread

• dominicanpapi

@miggs6876 said...

I’m looking at a Tenn vs Cinci stack. However, im gonna pivot to Tannehill with some WR on both sides. Have to decide if Henry is worth that high fanduel price. Also, I know QB RB and WR doesn’t work often.

Right but the production is so concentrated you can probably get away with a Tannehill/Henry/Brown stack and run it back with Boyd and maybe 1 of Bernard/Green/Higgins.

• winnerchickendinner

@BIF said...

I have one lineup with;
    Redman, Rodgers, Stuard and Gordon all -3

C’mon Grillo and Merritt later

The way this game is going i don’t think your backs are going to get many touches with your receivers at negative receiving yards. They need to keep passing to get back in it.

• jlowery73

2012 DDC Main Event Champion

• 2014 FAFC Finalist

• x3

2015 FACFC Finalist

Wind is seriously destroying this slate…..I am hoping it goes down closer to game time because my first 3 builds are all going to be hugely negated by it.

• Alvance83

Green and Beasley will be all over my lineups even though Beasley is probably a little expensive and don’t know if buffalo can get a bleeping touchdown

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.