1:00 PM EST : San Francisco ( -4 ) at Chicago ( 4 ) —- T: 43
    4:05 PM EST : New England ( 5.5 ) at LA Chargers ( -5.5 ) —- T: 48
    4:05 PM EST : Jacksonville ( 3.5 ) at Seattle ( -3.5 ) —- T: 44
    4:25 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( -4.5 ) at New Orleans ( 4.5 ) —- T: 50.5
    4:25 PM EST : Washington ( 3.5 ) at Denver ( -3.5 ) —- T: 44
    8:20 PM EST : Dallas ( -1.5 ) at Minnesota ( 1.5 ) —- T: 53.5

Monday, November 1st
    8:15 PM EST : NY Giants ( 9.5 ) at Kansas City ( -9.5 ) —- T: 52.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Southie777

Wow, this Showdown is nuts. There’s five people chopping 1st in the Play-Action on DK, but they have Capt. Jones with 22 and then everyone else is under 10. I know Showdowns have inherently, notoriously razor-thin margins, but really nothing has been decided yet.

• chatmar

Land Mines Everywhere. Now Edmonds

• Baseballshark2019

the nfl makes no sense. I think that just going against what looks like the obvious thing must be the way to go. How can gb get blown out by NO and beat a Arizona team that has beaten so mNy top 10 nfl teams by double digits?

• darickc

I really need Murray to score ANY type of TD to give me a chance but of course, Conner scores two rushing TDs and Edmonds scores one. Typical

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #35

RG Tiered Ranking

• odanny

I hit the under 51 on a bizarro ending to limit my losses

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

Could taste that one but still came out ahead. What a wild ending!

• marker0357

sucked. Killed a couple of parlays, sank my league and one of my best balls with the stinker by Kyler and potentially hurt, did Ok cashing a few DFS with Jones/Dillon stack. I really needed a ARI TD or at least a FG to tie. Worst possible scenario.

• Southie777

Think I need to settle down with the Showdowns. I keep it to the $3 Play-Action, knowing it’s such a crapshoot, but they’ve just kicked my ass this year!

• Agent47

At RB on DK, I really like Damien Harris despite the Patriots being underdogs against the Chargers. The Chargers are a pretty extreme run funnel defense as they are ranked dead-last in DVOA against the run and 5th against the pass. PFF has a OL/DL matchup chart, and they’re giving the Patriots the biggest run blocking advantage this week (104%). The Chargers defense is allowing 2.3 yards before contact to opposing backs, which is second only to the Texans (another run funnel) 2.5 yards before contact. They are also allowing 67% of runs inside the 5-yard line to be converted into TDs, tied with a few other teams for the highest percentage in the league. Last but not least, they’re giving up 30.3 FPPG to RBs and have allowed 9 TDs to RBs (both 4th most the league). Obviously, this all won’t matter if you think the Chargers jump out to a big lead and force the Patriots to air it out. But if you, like me, think this game stays close or even that the Patriots play with the lead most of the way, I think Harris could have a big day at $6,100.

I also like James Robinson at $6,600 this week. Seattle has given up the 2nd most FPPG to RBs this season with 32.5 and 7 TDs as well. Robinson comes into this game hot scoring a TD in 4 straight games and at least 19.1 points in each of those 4 games. Seattle has given up the 4th most catches and the most receiving yards to opposing backs this season. We all saw what Kamara did to them this past Monday night. Maybe the Jaguars give Robinson a few extra looks in the passing game this week to see if they can have similar success?

I wish Joe Mixon salary didn’t jump by $400 but I still think he’s in a smash spot against the Jets this week. After employing a more pass-heavy attack against the Ravens defense last week, I expect the Bengals to run the ball more this week as 10-point favorites against the lowly Jets. The Jets have given up the 2nd most TDs to RBs with 11. They’ve actually given up the most rushing TDs, though, with 10. Furthermore, they have given up the most FPPG to RBs (39.7) by a whopping 7-point margin! The next closest are the Seahawks who are yielding 32.5 as mentioned earlier. Mixon faced another bad run defense in the Lions in Week 6 and had his best game of the season with 18-94-0 on the ground and 5-59-1 through the air. It just so happens that the Jets are ranked 30th and 31st in receptions and receiving yards given up to RBs this season.

• Agent47

Oh, and I forgot to give an honorable mention to Darrell Henderson who burned a lot of people, me included, in a juicy matchup against the Lions last week. His salary dropped $100 and the Rams are again double-digit favorites against a crappy team in the Texans. They’ve given up 8 TDs to RBs this year, and are giving up 26.1 FPPG. Maybe recency bias drives his ownership down after the dud last week and he goes off this week at much lower ownership?

• BIF

Week 8 Happy-er Meal

NFL Sun 12:00 PM CDT – $3 entry – 47/75 spots filled

https://www.draftkings.com/contest/draftteam/116726778

Worst loss of a bet I can ever remember.. 4th leg of 5 game Parlay with CIN ML vs Jets as the last leg…. yes needed the Over 51 in the G B/ARZ.. never seen anything like that. 2nd and Goal from the half yard line for G B.. 95 times out of 100 they make a TD, no? Same with ARZ at the 5.. FG/TD.. such a disappointing night and ending

• yisman

bummer

lost arizona ML, Big live bets when they were trailing in 2nd half.

unbelievable that the under hit. Bad beat for over bettors.

GB should’ve scored a TD and then Arizona should’ve had at least an FG

• superjon

@superjon said...

Favorites to be named Beast of the Week

Kupp
    Henderson
    Diggs
    James Robinson

It’s Henderson

• odanny

@866 said...

Worst loss of a bet I can ever remember.. 4th leg of 5 game Parlay with CIN ML vs Jets as the last leg…. yes needed the Over 51 in the G B/ARZ.. never seen anything like that. 2nd and Goal from the half yard line for G B.. 95 times out of 100 they make a TD, no? Same with ARZ at the 5.. FG/TD.. such a disappointing night and ending

That was definitely a tough loss if you just needed the O, you had two excellent chances and only came away with a FG. I can’t believe they took away the Jones TD. Really a bad call.

• odanny

@yisman said...

bummer

lost arizona ML, Big live bets when they were trailing in 2nd half.

unbelievable that the under hit. Bad beat for over bettors.

GB should’ve scored a TD and then Arizona should’ve had at least an FG

A FG would have meant OT, and a winning FG would have been a push as the line at game time was 51.

• superjon

Is Aaron Rodgers the new Peyton?

Great QB. Good team behind him. But if he wants to get to the Super Bowl, he has to go through Brady.

• DickyBigtop

In general this year when looking at handicappers & predictions, they are all over the map this year. Confusing and mess with your sports head. I stopped reading after the SEA/PITT game.

I just go with my gut and let the chips fall.

• theghostofveebs

@superjon said...

Is Aaron Rodgers the new Peyton?

Great QB. Good team behind him. But if he wants to get to the Super Bowl, he has to go through Brady.

There’s nothing in the streets
    Looks any different to me

Just like yesterday
    Then I’ll get on my knees and pray
    We don’t get fooled again
    Don’t get fooled again, no, no

Yeah
    Meet the new boss
    Same as the old boss

• kps3205s

@theIrrigator said...

Week 8 WR/CB matchup cheat sheet

Greatly appreciated as always.

• factorial89

just this-i no rb vs saints run def.no lenny this week.i have a sf 49r stack of garappolo deebo eliza mitchell no run back.value guys i like.conrad sutton m.jones uzomah.

• winnerchickendinner

No one talking Herbert after having a very good running game against TB’s stout run defense. As well as Taylor running over SF.

• squidkill

@winnerchickendinner said...

No one talking Herbert after having a very good running game against TB’s stout run defense. As well as Taylor running over SF.

I myself try to avoid players from games that have a Team Total of 17.5 (Chi) and a game total of 39. But that is just me.

• winnerchickendinner

@squidkill said...

I myself try to avoid players from games that have a Team Total of 17.5 (Chi) and a game total of 39. But that is just me.

Totals don’t mean much. The Bears put up 3 against the Buccaneers and he had a good game again against a stout run D.

I mean Herbert is probably going to score those two touchdowns of that 17.5 total anyway. Chi passing game not going to do it.

Especially for someone that may be low owned on DK and FD at a cheap price.

He’s already jumped Williams on the depth chart

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).