NFL FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Did you know we have a new chat area specifically for NFL? Come get in on some football talk or sweat the games by clicking the Chat radio button up above or by clicking here: https://rotogrinders.com/chat?channel=nfl..

Thursday, 11/2
    8:25 PM EST : Buffalo ( -3.5 ) at NY Jets ( 3.5 ) —- T: 42

Sunday, 11/5
    1:00 PM EST : LA Rams ( -3.5 ) at NY Giants ( 3.5 ) —- T: 43.5
    1:00 PM EST : Baltimore ( 5.5 ) at Tennessee ( -5.5 ) —- T: 43
    1:00 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( 7 ) at New Orleans ( -7 ) —- T: 50
    1:00 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 3.5 ) at Jacksonville ( -3.5 ) —- T: 39.5
    1:00 PM EST : Denver ( 7 ) at Philadelphia ( -7 ) —- T: —
    1:00 PM EST : Indianapolis ( 13 ) at Houston ( -13 ) —- T: 48
    1:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( 2 ) at Carolina ( -2 ) —- T: 44
    4:05 PM EST : Arizona ( -2.5 ) at San Francisco ( 2.5 ) —- T: 39.5
    4:05 PM EST : Washington ( 7 ) at Seattle ( -7 ) —- T: 45
    4:25 PM EST : Kansas City ( 1 ) at Dallas ( -1 ) —- T: —
    8:30 PM EST : Oakland ( -2.5 ) at Miami ( 2.5 ) —- T: 43.5

Monday, 11/6
    8:30 PM EST : Detroit ( (Pick) ) at Green Bay ( (Pick) ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• thehazyone

RG Contributor

• Blogger of the Month

Haven’t started my in-depth research yet but early thoughts are

Cam and Brees at QB
    Fade the Texans outside of Lamar Miller
    Avoid the new #1 RB’s in Miami and Dallas (at least this week)
    Pay up for Gurley and Fournette
    Sneaky or not so sneaky plays (haven’t read the forum yet) – Adrian Peterson and Curtis Samuel

More later in the week

• MattyK1981

So here is a fun exercise as we enter the second half of the season. Go to your flex and start at $4000 and scroll down and just look at who is available, with the primary filter being who is actually throwing them the ball this weekend.

After you throw up in your mouth a little bit, regroup yourself, and then seriously try to find more than a couple guys below 4K that you can stomach playing in any LU with any sort of cash on the line.

It is a minefield of below average or worse QBs across the league and it is becoming a real problem for DFS since the skill players on those teams are downgraded dramatically across the board. The only advantage I can see is correctly determining the right RB that will catch 8-10 short dump offs from their awful QB and actually put up a decent PPR line on Sunday.

• thehazyone

RG Contributor

• Blogger of the Month

@squidkill said...

RE: Squid

Regardless of where he gets his information it’s still helpful and for you to give lip service that it isn’t is the biggest load of crap I’ve seen in this space. Is he always right? No. Guess what – I’ve been a top 500 NFL player four straight seasons. I miss on stuff all the time. So do the top pros. But he provides information to help people make better decisions and for that I think everyone in here should be thankful. No one made him do it, he did it because he loves football.

• thehazyone

RG Contributor

• Blogger of the Month

@elementasrat said...

Haven’t played the Milly Maker On DK once this season

The prize pool is $3,000,000 which means 33% is going to first!!!!! That’s insane!

I normally put in five entries. I’ll put in one this week. It’s to the point of ridiculous.

• bigez952

@elementasrat said...

Haven’t played the Milly Maker On DK once this season

The prize pool is $3,000,000 which means 33% is going to first!!!!! That’s insane!

The Milly Maker always has one of the worst payout structures possible which is why I would ever only play it week 1 since they always give away tons of free tickets into it. By week 15-17 first place will be close to 50% as this tournament is going to continue to shrink as the season progresses.

• MattyK1981

@thehazyone said...

Cam and Brees at QB
    Sneaky or not so sneaky plays (haven’t read the forum yet) – Adrian Peterson and Curtis Samuel

More later in the week

Thanks for the input hazy, and I always like when my initial line of thinking lines up with some of the sharper folks on the board such as yourself. I have had Leonard Fournette + Lamar Miller locked in early on for this week, and with Kelvin gone it seems like Devin Funchess at $5400 on DK is a borderline free square for his role and upside this weekend vs. a very beatable ATL defense. If I were playing multiple LUs or going heavy into GPPs I would also add in a bunch of Samuel for the same reasons as Funchess.

At QB its hard not to go naked Russ or naked Watson, especially for cash those two options will be massively owned and rightly so. With me having Miller locked in I likely won’t be stacking with Watson, so it is looking more and more like naked Russ for me. Cam and Smith are also intriguing if you are looking to pivot away from the two chalky QBs.

• Dunzor

@thehazyone said...

Cam and Brees at QB

More later in the week

I’m not a big fan of Brees at QB this week as I think they are run first now and TB a bit underrated on Def

As for the Texans, I’m fading the WR as they are just too expensive, but I kinda like going Watson/Miller in lineups together because I still expect them to score a ton on this awful colts team and that covers all of it with only have to pay up once if you don’t play the WR

I agree on avoiding the new RB until we know who’s getting most of the snaps

I’m trying to fit Gurley in but it’s tough, I’m not big on Fournette since Cincy Def is actually pretty solid and you never know if he’s still gonna be a little be slowed by the injury

Dunno if AP is sneaky, but Samual certainly is, though personally I’ll just eat the chalk and play Funchess to get my Car exposure

• MattyK1981

A few more names that I really like this weekend:

Sammy Watkins
    Terrence Williams
    Jack Doyle (borderline free square here too)
    Adrian Peterson
    Tyreek Hill

• Supanice

@thehazyone said...

Regardless of where he gets his information it’s still helpful and for you to give lip service that it isn’t is the biggest load of crap I’ve seen in this space. Is he always right? No. Guess what – I’ve been a top 500 NFL player four straight seasons. I miss on stuff all the time. So do the top pros. But he provides information to help people make better decisions and for that I think everyone in here should be thankful. No one made him do it, he did it because he loves football.

CG put me on to cowboys d last week and helped me move off Bell for Elliott for the 40-burger. Don’t blindly accept everything on here as fact, put it through your own filters and see if it makes sense. CG helped me asked the question “who has the easier path to 100 and a td, Elliott vs the worst run D or Bell vs a good run D?” And somehow Elliott was only 10% owned.

• bignish

Jimmy Graham
    Carlos Hyde
    Devin Funchess
    Marvin Jones

I’m trying to decide which 2 out of these 4 players I like the most for DK Cash.

• querb

i just cant get on board with samuel until we see usage and targets w/o benjamin. at the end of the day doesnt CMAC benefit greatly from this move?

• AdamBrag

@thehazyone said...

Cam and Brees at QB

More later in the week

How is Curtis Samuel a thing?

He has never played WR until this year and he’s looked pretty bad doing it this year. Hopefully, McCaffrey will see more reps out of the slot with Shepard moving outside. Given the choice of Samuel, Shepard, or Dickson, all at the same price, I think I’m choosing Dickson.

What am I missing here?

• hautalak

• 2021 Blogger of the Month

@bignish said...

Jimmy Graham
    Carlos Hyde
    Devin Funchess
    Marvin Jones

I’m trying to decide which 2 out of these 4 players I like the most for DK Cash.

No on Hyde. Sure he could have a great game but you never know when he’s not going to be used. I get that he’s had some good games but is more of a GPP play in my mind.

• gillio

Dez too cheap especially with Zeke gone

• cheezpizza

@gillio said...

Dez too cheap especially with Zeke gone

I like Witten more. Look at what the meager Denver TEs did to KC. Dak loves a check down.

• MattyK1981

Is there anyone on the Dallas defense that can hang with Tyreek Hill over 60 minutes?

He’s coming off of a prime time dud and everyone will be looking to capitalize on a Kelce repeat (usually doesn’t happen) or a Hunt bounce back game (his production has dropped and no TDs since week 3) so I think he will be the lowest owned of the big 3 KC play makers.

Perhaps Hill + Dez if you were to stack this game now that Zeke is out and Dez was averaging 9 targets/game BEFORE Zeke was out. With both teams having questionable passing Ds it could be the spot to target with the highest total on the board at this point in the week (51).

• Dunzor

@MattyK1981 said...

Is there anyone on the Dallas defense that can hang with Tyreek Hill over 60 minutes?

He’s coming off of a prime time dud and everyone will be looking to capitalize on a Kelce repeat (usually doesn’t happen) or a Hunt bounce back game (his production has dropped and no TDs since week 3) so I think he will be the lowest owned of the big 3 KC play makers.

Perhaps Hill + Dez if you were to stack this game now that Zeke is out and Dez was averaging 9 targets/game BEFORE Zeke was out. With both teams having questionable passing Ds it could be the spot to target with the highest total on the board at this point in the week (51).

I definitely want a piece of the KC passing game and was initially thinking Kelce but HIll could be the way to go. Does Hill take most of his snaps out of the slot or is he strictly an outside WR? If it’s not him, then who is the KC slot receiver?

• cliang00

Witten too

• Syzltuth

@AdamBrag said...

How is Curtis Samuel a thing?

He has never played WR until this year and he’s looked pretty bad doing it this year. Hopefully, McCaffrey will see more reps out of the slot with Shepard moving outside. Given the choice of Samuel, Shepard, or Dickson, all at the same price, I think I’m choosing Dickson.

What am I missing here?

With Benjamin gone, Samuel is moving into his #1 spot on that side. The d will probably double cover funchess and force cam to check down to cmc or target Samuel or one of the other no name recievers they have. At $3,100 on dk he has a lot of upside

• Krixus007

Any thoughts regarding a better start at QB between McCown and Taylor for tonight’s game. I’m leaning towards McCown and Kearse. I need another receiver to add and thinking Mathews might work.

• querb

@Krixus007 said...

Any thoughts regarding a better start at QB between McCown and Taylor for tonight’s game. I’m leaning towards McCown and Kearse. I need another receiver to add and thinking Mathews might work.

it’s only Wednesday, brah

• Mcdonacr

Big falcons fan here and the offense looked much better last week despite the horrible weather. Ryan had several dropped passes including a potential TD.

Julio is just flat to cheap for the potential return. Low game total and the perceived strength of the Panthers D will keep people off Ryan and Julio’s lack of production will keep his ownership low.

30+ point upside from Ryan is coming and the Julio 9 catches for 160 and 2 scores is also coming. Maybe come back with Funchess or Samuel (sneaky GPP play) on the carolina side. Sneaky shootout potential in this game IMO

• Messiah717

@Syzltuth said...

With Benjamin gone, Samuel is moving into his #1 spot on that side. The d will probably double cover funchess and force cam to check down to cmc or target Samuel or one of the other no name recievers they have. At $3,100 on dk he has a lot of upside

Why would they double Funchess? Benjamin gone doesn’t make him Antonio Brown. As for Cam Newton I heard the same story last week going against a poor Tampa secondary and he was once again terrible. If Cam doesn’t play better none of these guys matter.

• Dsingleton3321

First time poster here, been reading the forum each week for several weeks. Week 9 looks interesting, as a chiefs fan I like to think I know the strengths and weaknesses of our team pretty well and let’s just say I will be playing Dak and Dez in 80-100% of my lineups this week. I usually only play the millionaire maker on DK and will have 5-6 lineups. Looking to target chiefs offensive players as well. I see Kareem hunt being low owned as he hasn’t scored a TD in a while. Love Kelce and hill as well. Chiefs games usually always have a good game script no matter what with the way our offense runs

• Syzltuth

@Messiah717 said...

Why would they double Funchess? Benjamin gone doesn’t make him Antonio Brown. As for Cam Newton I heard the same story last week going against a poor Tampa secondary and he was once again terrible. If Cam doesn’t play better none of these guys matter.

Why wouldn’t they? The d knows funchess is cams only true weapon to throw a safety over to cover his big body, stack the box to prevent cmc/cam from rushing and leave evertyone else in man coverage to cover the no names and Dickson. Force cam to throw to these unproven guys. I don’t think he’s the next coming of AB either but if he gets a few catches for some yardage and hopefully/maybe a td he’s great at his price. I only play gpp so it’s a good looking option from my perspective. For cash, I wouldn’t touch him.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).