NFL FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Did you know we have a new chat area specifically for NFL? Come get in on some football talk or sweat the games by clicking the Chat radio button up above or by clicking here: https://rotogrinders.com/chat?channel=nfl..

Thursday, 11/2
    8:25 PM EST : Buffalo ( -3.5 ) at NY Jets ( 3.5 ) —- T: 42

Sunday, 11/5
    1:00 PM EST : LA Rams ( -3.5 ) at NY Giants ( 3.5 ) —- T: 43.5
    1:00 PM EST : Baltimore ( 5.5 ) at Tennessee ( -5.5 ) —- T: 43
    1:00 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( 7 ) at New Orleans ( -7 ) —- T: 50
    1:00 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 3.5 ) at Jacksonville ( -3.5 ) —- T: 39.5
    1:00 PM EST : Denver ( 7 ) at Philadelphia ( -7 ) —- T: —
    1:00 PM EST : Indianapolis ( 13 ) at Houston ( -13 ) —- T: 48
    1:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( 2 ) at Carolina ( -2 ) —- T: 44
    4:05 PM EST : Arizona ( -2.5 ) at San Francisco ( 2.5 ) —- T: 39.5
    4:05 PM EST : Washington ( 7 ) at Seattle ( -7 ) —- T: 45
    4:25 PM EST : Kansas City ( 1 ) at Dallas ( -1 ) —- T: —
    8:30 PM EST : Oakland ( -2.5 ) at Miami ( 2.5 ) —- T: 43.5

Monday, 11/6
    8:30 PM EST : Detroit ( (Pick) ) at Green Bay ( (Pick) ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• mike42

@Messiah717 said...

Regardless of Elliot playing or not it seems Dez is another key people are just waiting to have a big game. It’s like the weekly Julio Jones stuff. Yeah I understand that “these guys are just too cheap” but it’s the same story week after week.

Zeke and the running game didn’t play well till the last couple games. It’s been daks team pretty much all year and u have to figure that Dez sees 10-12 tgts vs a D that has looked really bad especially on the road. I don’t think Dak is Crowell or Julio because on paper he should get flooded with targets including a red zone looks. 10-12 plus tgts + talent+ high powered offense+ weak secondary that funnels tgts+ main red zone threat=‘s tough fade. Based on what you know going into this game I think being over the field on Dez and possibly Dak is the right move. Like the idea of bringing it back with KC guys too, can make a case for all of the big 3(hunt/Kielce/Hill) . KC O can be explosive and their D plays like a bottom 5 D on the road. Can also make an argument that it’s a little bit of a let down spot for DAL and KC. Really like this game as a whole.

This is about as good of a setup as you are ever going to get, as long as ownership isn’t extreme, think you don’t overthink it, just play Dez and have some exposure to others in this game.

• Kamais_Ookin

@mike42 said...

Zeke and the running game didn’t play well till the last couple games. It’s been daks team pretty much all year and u have to figure that Dez sees 10-12 tgts vs a D that has looked really bad especially on the road. I don’t think Dak is Crowell or Julio because on paper he should get flooded with targets including a red zone looks. 10-12 plus tgts + talent+ high powered offense+ weak secondary that funnels tgts+ main red zone threat=‘s tough fade. Based on what you know going into this game I think being over the field on Dez and possibly Dak is the right move. Like the idea of bringing it back with KC guys too, can make a case for all of the big 3(hunt/Kielce/Hill) . KC O can be explosive and their D plays like a bottom 5 D on the road. Can also make an argument that it’s a little bit of a let down spot for DAL and KC. Really like this game as a whole.

This is about as good of a setup as you are ever going to get, as long as ownership isn’t extreme, think you don’t overthink it, just play Dez and have some exposure to others in this game.

Up to this point kelce and hill have never had a good game together, it’s always been one or the other. Picking the right one will probably be key this sunday. Hunt has burned me too much this past month, don’t know if I’m going there yet.

• Messiah717

@Kamais_Ookin said...

Up to this point kelce and hill have never had a good game together, it’s always been one or the other. Picking the right one will probably be key this sunday. Hunt has burned me too much this past month, don’t know if I’m going there yet.

I’m looking Kelce over Hill right now.

• SilverStone18

I mostly play FD and Derek Carr is probably gonna be the main QB I use this week.

Miami is allowing a ridiculous completion and red zone TD percentage and they are very stout in the front 7.

• theghostofveebs

@SilverStone18 said...

I mostly play FD and Derek Carr is probably gonna be the main QB I use this week.

Miami is allowing a ridiculous completion and red zone TD percentage and they are very stout in the front 7.

I like it. I have Amari Cooper in > 50% of my lineups at the moment.

• mike42

Don’t be too surprised if Miami D shows up for this game. I like the matchup, but after getting shutout, having 10 days to think about it and than playing the Sunday night game at home is a good recipe for a bounce back. I remember last yr after Gase fired some players, Miami showed up. The agayi trade is reminiscent of that, he’s building something, not sure targeting Miami off the most humiliating loss of the Gase era is a good idea. Be shocked if Miami didn’t look close to the opposite of the team we saw last thurs this Sunday.

• Messiah717

With Washington a complete injury mess I have to like Russell Wilson again.

• Dunzor

@Messiah717 said...

To be honest it’s Wash Offense that is a mess of injuries, their Def isn’t that banged up and Norman looks to be playing, so I like the Seattle DEF this week since I don’t think they get embarrased two weeks in a row at home (and last week they still scored decently despite giving up all the points). I think Russell is an ok play but I don’t love him this week like I did last week. I think Graham is a good play if you want a piece of the offence since Wash sucks against TE, but they are actually pretty strong against WR so I’m gonna fade the rest of that offense

• SilverStone18

@mike42 said...

Don’t be too surprised if Miami D shows up for this game. I like the matchup, but after getting shutout, having 10 days to think about it and than playing the Sunday night game at home is a good recipe for a bounce back. I remember last yr after Gase fired some players, Miami showed up. The agayi trade is reminiscent of that, he’s building something, not sure targeting Miami off the most humiliating loss of the Gase era is a good idea. Be shocked if Miami didn’t look close to the opposite of the team we saw last thurs this Sunday.

I can see that, I just figure miami’s Offense would be the one to wake up this game which would send this one over the total.

• AdamBrag

@Messiah717 said...

Washington plays pretty slowly and doesn’t have a bad defense. This game also shouldn’t be close if Washington’s offensive line has tons of injuries. I can see Wilson as a cash play, but I’m not loving him as a GPP play.

• AVivier

I’m way behind on things just looking over stuff, but damn did the Texans get priced like they are the Jordan Bulls. Fuller is priced the same as Michael Thomas? C’mon. Seems they generally over corrected on matchups too across the board.

• BIF

@TopDawgs07 said...

That, and people trying to dog CG for his recommendations and thoughts. It really irritates me. He’s invested a lot of time in this forum over the years.

I’m just playing catch-up on this week’s thread and have no idea if/when CG left or if he is back already but to be clear, he has not been around for “years”. He joined RG close to mid-season last year so he has barely been around for a year.

• BIF

@lukemiller42 said...

idk I know u can just ignore opinions n shit but mike42 bif thehazyone etc I like their posts even if theyre just as incorrect as the rest of us (like I think blount is always a terrible play because his ceiling is so low as a non pass catcher) cuz they aren’t dripping in arrogance.

Thanks for the mention bud – just trying to help out when I see questionable decisions or things that me say “hmmm” or “really ??”

• AVivier

@mike42 said...

Does anyone remember how much crock Assweller threw to his TE’s? It doesn’t even matter that he has good WR’s, he had Hopkins in Houston. Derby is $2900, good place to save $$.

I think Ass is playable in GPP from a pricing and matchup standpoint, I don’t like their TEs. When they throw to the TE, it’s typically a multi read down field play. That’s not gonna happen. I don’t think any of that is playable in cash, but Ass and DT are playable in GPP.

• BIF

@gillio said...

Dede Westbrook

Bortles is still the QB in Jax right ? 😜

• 33BeRad

A game that could have some sneaky goodness is the 49ers vs Cards. Not just AP. Last year in a Drew Stanton vs Blaine Gabbert game the score was 33-21. Fitz had 2 tds. David Johnson was in that game and did David Johnson things, but I digress. Also, the over/under is 39. A total under 40 points is usually left to games with 2 above average defenses(a la the Jag vs Cincy game). The 49ers and Cards have both been lit up at times. Not saying to stack the game, or even use the qbs, but there could be a Fitz or John Brown play that works out. Or even Hyde or Kittle

• BIF

@bigez952 said...

The Milly Maker always has one of the worst payout structures possible which is why I would ever only play it week 1 since they always give away tons of free tickets into it. By week 15-17 first place will be close to 50% as this tournament is going to continue to shrink as the season progresses.

They’ll increase the price to $33 to keep the payout up as there are always people who will chase a Million $

• gillio

Really like Hilton this week. Game is inside and agasint a poor secondary. Also really like Doyle. Is it too much to have Doyle and Hilton in my milli lineup?

• KindGuy

@BIF said...

They’ll increase the price to $33 to keep the payout up as there are always people who will chase a Million $

33% to first.

DK is run by a bunch of idiots.

• BIF

@elementasrat said...

33% to first.

DK is run by a bunch of idiots.

FD is 25%
    500K to 1st out of $2M in prizes

Top heavy 1st place prize draws the people in but eventually they all will run out of those people

• sgumike

Seeing TY Hilton’s gameline with 3 straight games

• JimKronlund

It really disappoints me when I read posts that target and berates respected posters for outcomes that did not pan out as predicted. This is DFS and you should not have to be told how volatile the variance is.
    You should also acknowledge that when they take their time to post. They are also being generous with their time when they respond to the many questions or clarifications they receive. This does not apply just to CG. It applies to everyone that share their breadth of knowledge and insights gained from expierence and from other sources that they share simply to be helpful.
    Seriously if you are that offended by these posters. Just pass over them or do not use the information they provided.
    But stop painting them in a nefarious light.

• Kamais_Ookin

@gillio said...

Really like Hilton this week. Game is inside and agasint a poor secondary. Also really like Doyle. Is it too much to have Doyle and Hilton in my milli lineup?

Having both together may be unique. I’m steering far away from hilton.

• KindGuy

@JimKronlund said...

It really disappoints me when I read posts that target and berates respected posters for outcomes that did not pan out as predicted. This is DFS and you should not have to be told how volatile the variance is.
    You should also acknowledge that when they take their time to post. They are also being generous with their time when they respond to the many questions or clarifications they receive. This does not apply just to CG. It applies to everyone that share their breadth of knowledge and insights gained from expierence and from other sources that they share simply to be helpful.
    Seriously if you are that offended by these posters. Just pass over them or do not use the information they provided.
    But stop painting them in a nefarious light.

Just bring the ban hammer.

• Desiderio3

@mike42 said...

Does anyone remember how much crock Assweller threw to his TE’s? It doesn’t even matter that he has good WR’s, he had Hopkins in Houston. Derby is $2900, good place to save $$.

I think Derby has more drops than catches

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).