1:00 PM EST : Kansas City ( -7.5 ) at Cleveland ( 7.5 ) —- T: 52
    1:00 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 3 ) at Baltimore ( -3 ) —- T: 47.5
    4:05 PM EST : LA Chargers ( (Pick) ) at Seattle ( (Pick) ) —- T: 48
    4:05 PM EST : Houston ( 2.5 ) at Denver ( -2.5 ) —- T: 47
    4:25 PM EST : LA Rams ( (Pick) ) at New Orleans ( (Pick) ) —- T: —
    8:20 PM EST : Green Bay ( 6 ) at New England ( -6 ) —- T: —

Monday, 11/5
    8:15 PM EST : Tennessee ( 6 ) at Dallas ( -6 ) —- T: 42.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• CheeseCutter

@bootcampfan said...

I was thinking buffalo def as well and also noticed the experts rankings. My fear is does peterman put them in a bad spot time and time again the whole game. I am starting to talk myself off of buffalo def because of Peterman more than anything else. Thoughts??

I’m all-in on Buffalo in the early-only slate. Don’t really like anyone else there.

• squidkill

@mike42 said...

Who’s your cash qb? Really hard not to pay up to cam, Fitz should be fine. I’m using sanders in cash, think @ 6400 he’s going to go under owned in cash, may use Sutton w him just because 60-80 percent will b on him. Nothing to lose really. Think they combine to cover their salaries and some Vs a pass funnel D.

Cash QB right now in Cam- Goff if you need the savings- Fitz makes me a little queezy but I get it-

• squidkill

@mike42 said...

That’s exactly where I’m at. Carson’s hip injury is a concern, hips are underrated for rb’s and for people in general. Hips are very important.

Ma fell and busted her hip last year after a rendezvous with a sybian machine- Wasn’t pretty- Hips are underrated.

• squidkill

@NDNole said...

I don’t go overboard. Only one lineup this week. besides, someone has to win it. Someone always does. Ever since I was soooooooooo close with milly in the masters in golf I am confident even small fries like me have a punchers chance so long as you take risk.

Id rather do a $20 Single entry

• mike42

@bootcampfan said...

I was thinking buffalo def as well and also noticed the experts rankings. My fear is does peterman put them in a bad spot time and time again the whole game. I am starting to talk myself off of buffalo def because of Peterman more than anything else. Thoughts??

My issue is Trubisky could do the same. At least early, bears will be more aggressive than billls at 1/2 the price. Its GPP, but if this game is close, buf D will be the play. It’s blowsout, Bears D smashes.

• Trappist1

@squidkill said...

Public Service Announcement— Only lunatics play the MM—— Need to work on game selection if y’all playing that rubbish.

Personally I play the milly maker if I have tickets for it and mainly pick them up playing the quarter qualifiers. So when playing them via a ticket is a essentially free shot at the top prize. It is a winner takes all contests and a marketing tool for the platforms. Two things I have observed this NFL season,so many people have entered the $3 play action contest and hit an elite score that will have won the milly maker outright but did not enter the line-up in the milly. Play the quarter qualifiers, stash away some ticket and enter the milly. Winning 100k in the play action is nice but also doubling that by winning the milly via a ticket is even sweeter.

Second, so far none of the high volume max entrants have come close to winning the milly. People are winning the milly with just 1-5 entries, last week it was just 2 entries and the week before it was just 1 entry etc… It is no longer a hopeless dart shot in the dark. NFL has the highest amount of sharp analysis and information compared to other sports, any player can use these information to construct very smart line-up’s on DK/FD. I doubt that will be the case for example in NHL where the information is a lot more scarce. T. J. Hernandez discusses this trends in this week’s 4 for 4 DFS MVP podcast, where he comments on how surprised he is to see the correlations usage in the winning line-up’s and few seasons back that was the edge of the sharp players. It is gone with the bird now.

• deeebo

Ok here’s a question. If i am a beginner on FD. (i am only on here for my work league which most of you know) what type of contests do you guys recommend entering to win a good amount. I don’t feel like creating new lineups – i just wanna use the one i created for my work league and throw it in a few orher contests. but which ones for a good amount of $? like contests with 100 people? or like the million dollar contest? feel like those are just way too hard to even win. kinda like hitting the lottery. any suggestions would be great. im not trying to win $2 lol like id rather not do that.

• keephustlincuz

@deeebo said...

Ok here’s a question. If i am a beginner on FD. (i am only on here for my work league which most of you know) what type of contests do you guys recommend entering to win a good amount. I don’t feel like creating new lineups – i just wanna use the one i created for my work league and throw it in a few orher contests. but which ones for a good amount of $? like contests with 100 people? or like the million dollar contest? feel like those are just way too hard to even win. kinda like hitting the lottery. any suggestions would be great. im not trying to win $2 lol like id rather not do that.

Single entry and 3 entry max contests. If you’ve built a decent gpp lineup it may not be copied.

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

@deeebo said...

Squid’s got you but as he tells everybody else… Single entry GPPs (whatever price range you prefer) or there are 3 entry max contests as well. Since it sounds like you have a more “cashy” lineup I wouldn’t go overboard in multiple entry GPPs (just a few lower $ ones). You kind of have to see how things go and make decisions for what’s best for you. It’s tough to win a significant amount no matter how you slice it up.

• Trappist1

@deeebo said...

I will enter the line-up created for the work league into a single entry contest. For a million dollar contests, do a new line-up that you have thoroughly researched and gives you the best chance at the top prize. It is a lot different than hitting a lottery, when playing a lottery what others do does not matter one iota and just pick numbers. When trying to win a million in DFS, what others do matter and leveraging the field in a smart way gets you the top prize. Remember when the field picked Bears DST at 35% ownership when news broke that Brock will start for Miami, then the person won the milly with a Brock-Albert Wilson stack that was owned at less than 1%. Do not enter average line-up into a million contest as it will have average results. put your most creative line-up there.

• squidkill

@deeebo said...

Make sure you play all BEGINNER contests you can before you are no longer eligible to play them.. Then play the 3 entry Max and single entry tourneys- Don’t be afraid to build multiple lineups- The Cash lineup is my toughest build- The GPP ones are fun and easy to build. MAKE SURE YOU EXHAUST ALL YOUR BEGINNER games

• deeebo

Ok cool thank you all!! I just submitted my
    lineup into those few Single Entry GPPSs. Entry fees were like a couple bucks. Let’s see how it goes.

• odanny

@mike42 said...

I can’t believe nobody is on Buf’s D. None of the experts put them in the top 5. Trubisky put up numbers, but he is making mistakes and I can’t explain this enough, he’s awful under pressure. His rating goes from top 5 to bottom 3 when he’s under pressure. Buf is good at bringing pressure and Long is out.

Den D- maybe they come through but I think they are just as likely to get rolled a week after their season ended and they threw in the total.

It’s been mentioned and a lot of people are on Buf’s D. They are my number one defense this week, if for nothing else the price alone. $2400 less than Chicago this week and let’s see if the price difference is worth it.

• deeebo

@squidkill said...

Make sure you play all BEGINNER contests you can before you are no longer eligible to play them.. Then play the 3 entry Max and single entry tourneys- Don’t be afraid to build multiple lineups- The Cash lineup is my toughest build- The GPP ones are fun and easy to build. MAKE SURE YOU EXHAUST ALL YOUR BEGINNER games

I don’t think I can enter in beginner all I see is intermediate.

• squidkill

@deeebo said...

whatever- enter in all the FISH contests before you do anything else- One they are gone they are gone forever- Like your virginity Deebo- Once its gone its gone for good-

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

@deeebo said...

Just as good… I think but can’t confirm as I only play DK

• deeebo

@squidkill said...

whatever- enter in all the FISH contests before you do anything else- One they are gone they are gone forever- Like your virginity Deebo- Once its gone its gone for good-

Lmao sounds good. Thanks. Greatly appreciated squid

• Trappist1

@mike42 said...

Idk, but it is what it is. Too many Gpp’s, too many LU’s, not mixing in my ideas properly.

Stupid question, is Gurley a cash game lock this week?

I call it my two line-up rule which is I have to make hard decisions after doing thorough homework. By narrowing my LU’s and my player pool, It helps me a lot in focusing and as you say mixing my ideas properly. By having too many line-up’s we just end up hedging here and there plus paying much more rake. Your analysis is sharp, you just need to work on a tight player pool and LU.

• NDNole

@squidkill said...

Id rather do a $20 Single entry

I may lean that way next season if I don’t get a top 10 finish this year actually.

• richierich

At home D/SPT’s against them have scored… (CAR, NO, TB, CIN and NYG) -2 -1 -5 -3 and 2

One lone outing from the Giants D/SPT who netted any kind of points.

Now… on the road and on grass/outdoors (PHI and PIT) 11 and 17

Tomorrow they will be on the road and outdoors/on grass vs the #4 Fantasy D/SPT in Washington.

Especially at the price they’re getting… I think they’re a viable play and a way to save resources to use elsewhere.

• Trappist1

@NDNole said...

I may lean that way next season if I don’t get a top 10 finish this year actually.

Power Sweep $500k with the 3 entry max is probably the best NFL contests on DK. Reasonable chance to beat the field to the top 100k prize. $150 is the entry fee. Next season this is the one I want to play. I do not see any qualifier ticket for this season, if i see it I will play it for sure. The milly is pretty much winner takes all, go big or go home.

• richierich

@mike42 said...

My issue is Trubisky could do the same. At least early, bears will be more aggressive than billls at 1/2 the price. Its GPP, but if this game is close, buf D will be the play. It’s blowsout, Bears D smashes.

Trubisky will likely not do the same. People are still skewed from his volatile first two performances on primetime. Then since he’s now playing on the early slate. No one’s seen how far he’s come since then. He still misses some throws… sure. However, they’re rarely in a fashion that are dangerous. One INT vs NE hit a receiver in the hands – FWIW.

By and large – he’s playing really good football. The Jets also tried to bring pressure and his numbers against it were quite good last week.

It’s hard to envision Peterman giving Buffalo too many points in this game. I expect a snooze fest and for the Bears passing game not to take too many chances.

• HoodsFromTheWood

@deeebo said...

UGH squid. You are making me think now. Kamara/Hunt/Chubb or Zeke/Chubb/Hunt 🤔

Squid might be right on Zeke. 2 of the worst O’s in the NFL vs 2 of the better D’s. And you could check Det for a cheap WR. Jones/Powell vs a banged up Minny D

• mike42

@Trappist1 said...

I call it my two line-up rule which is I have to make hard decisions after doing thorough homework. By narrowing my LU’s and my player pool, It helps me a lot in focusing and as you say mixing my ideas properly. By having too many line-up’s we just end up hedging here and there plus paying much more rake. Your analysis is sharp, you just need to work on a tight player pool and LU.

Thx man. Think I’m doing 3 this week instead of 20.

• mike42

@richierich said...

Trubisky will likely not do the same. People are still skewed from his volatile first two performances on primetime. Then since he’s now playing on the early slate. No one’s seen how far he’s come since then. He still misses some throws… sure. However, they’re rarely in a fashion that are dangerous. One INT vs NE hit a receiver in the hands – FWIW.

By and large – he’s playing really good football. The Jets also tried to bring pressure and his numbers against it were quite good last week.

It’s hard to envision Peterman giving Buffalo too many points in this game. I expect a snooze fest and for the Bears passing game not to take too many chances.

I’m a bears fan, they are really the only team that I follow closely. I haven’t missed his growth. The jets blitz more than just about any team and they get home less than anybody. Buf can get home without blitzing and it’s just a matter of time b4 teams spy him, play contain and that should lead to more mistakes too. Think it’s a poor comparison to compare what limited success the Jets had on the road with what Buf will have at home.

Also, if Arob is out and white is on Gabriel, it’s just going to be difficult for the Bears to score on O. The buf D should really be able to focus on the middle of the field and keep everyone up close to the line since one area Trubisky still sucks at is deep throws. If you just think about it, it should be real easy for Buf to give the Bears O lots of trouble in this setup.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).