1:00 PM EST : NY Jets ( -4.5 ) at Miami ( 4.5 ) —- T: 41.5
    4:05 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( 6.5 ) at Seattle ( -6.5 ) —- T: 53
    4:05 PM EST : Detroit ( 2 ) at Oakland ( -2 ) —- T: 51.5
    4:25 PM EST : Cleveland ( 2 ) at Denver ( -2 ) —- T: 43
    4:25 PM EST : Green Bay ( -3 ) at LA Chargers ( 3 ) —- T: 45.5
    8:20 PM EST : New England ( -3.5 ) at Baltimore ( 3.5 ) —- T: 45

Monday, 11/4
    8:15 PM EST : Dallas ( -7.5 ) at NY Giants ( 7.5 ) —- T: 48

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• bigez952

@superstars92 said...

Like yesterday in NBA, pretty much everyone had the same lineup and I’m sure not all of them even know each other but they must all use the same sites. It’s just frustrating because I have my own lineup and I see that like 10 people have the same lineup who don’t probably use much effort except using the same optimizer.

This is the most frustrating part about DFS in 2019. I can spent 10-20 hours reading articles and doing research about the slate to build my best possible only to get smashed by a 187 person train in the “single entry” double up which happened to be Derek Carty’s optimal lineup from The Blitz. I have subscribed to The Bat in the past and know you can get the optimal lineup with about 30 seconds of effort so it’s disheartening putting in so much time and losing to the masses who do nothing but click optimize.

• yisman

Speaking of Carty, I just discovered that RG apparently has a weekly Blitz show https://rotogrinders.com/videos/nfl-week-9-the-blitz-show-3182448 That was from 2 days ago.

• parrothead112

Does the Rotogrinders Optimizers give the same kinds of results?

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #36

RG Tiered Ranking

@bigez952 said...

I can spent 10-20 hours reading articles and doing research about the slate to build my best possible only to get smashed by a 187 person train in the “single entry” double up which happened to be Derek Carty’s optimal lineup from The Blitz.

Dang that’s a lot of hours. Yea, I feel like Samuels really made cash game lineups almost the same across the board. Pretty much most people will have something like

Samuels (lock), McCaffrey and/or Cook (RB/Flex). If they only had 2 of the 3, then they could play Ertz, Godwin, and Wilson at TE, WR, QB, with 2 low priced WRs and Panthers/Steelers def.

If they had all 3, then they either had Rivers at QB with Godwin, Doyle, and 2 low priced WRs or Wilson, Doyle, and 3 low priced WRs (with no Godwin). Same defenses.

Slight variation to the above with Bell insead of Cook for a few lineups which allowed maybe a payup from Doyle to Ertz.

But results in pretty much everyone having the same.

The thing is all those low priced WRs got TDs too, Samuels, Pascal, Jarvis Landry, Preston Williams, Devante Parker. And the two that didn’t, Mike Williams and DJ Moore got 100+ yards, so every low priced WR went off that you could pair with these guys above.

Ofc in GPPs, the key was choosing 2 high priced WRs and a low priced RB rathern than the Sameuls/CMC/Cook or Bell combo in Mike Evans and Tyler Lockett. Also pivoting from Godwin to Evans.

• BIF

@Hoods From The Wood said...

Chip off the ole block, Hood jr with a 1st place chop

https://rotogrinders.com/resultsdb/site/draftkings/date/2019-11-03/sport/nfl/slate/5dbf7e74b315b048b5876888/contest/5dbf7f18246f0748af21cd0f

👍

• joephoto

I used Ertz everywhere as my TE,
    but unfortunately used M.Andrews too much in flex.

• yisman

RE: chalk

Some of the chalk did hit, of course (thinking about it, Samuels is just another level and should be left out of the chalk discussion as he was such a lock play that he exceeded the threshold), but in terms of betting (and betting and DFS are starting to significantly correlate), the chalk was lousy.

The popular thoughts were that the Jets, Packers, and Browns were all going to win big on the road. That led to people wanting to do pairs of Bell/Jets D, Jones/Packers D, and Chubb/Browns D in DFS and that was all pretty bad.

• yisman

@parrothead112 said...

Does the Rotogrinders Optimizers give the same kinds of results?

well, no

if you subscribe to premium, you’re told you need to buy projections from “El Jefe” or “The Blitz” to win

El Jefe now works for Numberball and sells his own projections.

• Southie777

No Showdown talk? :-(

• bigwillie20

@Southie777 said...

No Showdown talk? :-(

Been searching for a cheap CP to fit everyone in 1 lineup. No luck so far…

• JSteele

What is everyone’s take on how this game goes?

I think the Giants win. Dallas is terrible on the road and now the Giants have Leonard Williams who knows how to beat the Cowboys when the Jets did it a couple weeks ago. I think the Giants focus on stopping Zeke and then getting after Dak.

I’m going with a Giants onslaught today.

• Pbasniper

@bigwillie20 said...

Been searching for a cheap CP to fit everyone in 1 lineup. No luck so far…

Cody Core of course.

• NDNole

For showdown, whatever you don’t want to do is what you do if you want to win……………..except when you take that route that’s the time you should have done what you wanted to do initially and you would have cashed big. Then when you reverse all that, well you get the picture. lol. So the next time you cover both bases only to find out you had to play a totally nonsense lineup in order to win. Got all that? lololololololol. Showdown 101.

• yisman

DeSean Jackson undergoing surgery and will be out a month.

• johnsonnoa17

Dallas onslaught with Barkley. Give me another double digit reception game outta him

• bfwl3434

@JSteele said...

I think the Giants win. Dallas is terrible on the road and now the Giants have Leonard Williams who knows how to beat the Cowboys when the Jets did it a couple weeks ago. I think the Giants focus on stopping Zeke and then getting after Dak.

Its hard for me to see that happening, especially since Jones averages about 2 turnovers per game. I do think the Giants keep it close at home though. I doing a lot of 3-3 builds for either a shootout or low scoring game tight game.

• Dunzor

Tonight’s showdown pricing is tough. Usually I can find a build I like and figure out who I want to fade, but since neither of these defenses scare me much with their healthy personnel it’s making it really hard to figure out who to fade.

I feel like I have to get Zeke & Barkley in there, which doesn’t leave a whole lot of salary for the rest and basically means you have to choose at most 1 QB and likely fade most of the top receivers. I lost track of the WR/CB chart someone posted early in the week, but does anyone see any major mismatches in that regard for this game?

• Dr_Gonzo

@Dunzor said...

Tonight’s showdown pricing is tough. Usually I can find a build I like and figure out who I want to fade, but since neither of these defenses scare me much with their healthy personnel it’s making it really hard to figure out who to fade.

I feel like I have to get Zeke & Barkley in there, which doesn’t leave a whole lot of salary for the rest and basically means you have to choose at most 1 QB and likely fade most of the top receivers. I lost track of the WR/CB chart someone posted early in the week, but does anyone see any major mismatches in that regard for this game?

The biggest mismatch I see is Cooper and the road. His splits are terrible.

• Gtzerphy

@yisman said...

DeSean Jackson undergoing surgery and will be out a month.

Also reading he may be done for the year.

• timusbr

@Dunzor said...

wow, I guess one of us will suck tonight. I was very willing to pass on both of the stud RB’s.

I have a hard time picking Barkley for any LU. I think he is a great back but he also F’s up my LU’s when I pick him. As far as Elliott, another great back, but I think I bought into the line that this isnt Ezekial’s team anymore, this is Prescott’s team.

I picked 4 LU’s 2 each with each team as a hopeful winner.
    If you look at week 1, You can enter the “nuts team” in DK. LOL this is probably a great reason not to play that LU.
    The more I think about it, the best chance to win a gpp will probably be going with a Giants win. but how much Dallas do you put into that LU. [Ellison is the cheapest guy who could go off IMHO]

I will take the Nuts from week 1 for $10 Alex

• Ryweezycf

@timusbr said...

wow, I guess one of us will suck tonight. I was very willing to pass on both of the stud RB’s.

I have a hard time picking Barkley for any LU. I think he is a great back but he also F’s up my LU’s when I pick him. As far as Elliott, another great back, but I think I bought into the line that this isnt Ezekial’s team anymore, this is Prescott’s team.

I picked 4 LU’s 2 each with each team as a hopeful winner.
    If you look at week 1, You can enter the “nuts team” in DK. LOL this is probably a great reason not to play that LU.
    The more I think about it, the best chance to win a gpp will probably be going with a Giants win. but how much Dallas do you put into that LU. [Ellison is the cheapest guy who could go off IMHO]

I will take the Nuts from week 1 for $10 Alex

The only think I would say about week 1 is it was Zekes first game back and he didn’t get his full allotment of snaps. Also with the cowboys favored by 7 it’s hard to see him not getting all the work he wants. I think he is a lock for the slate.

• Skee

@timusbr said...

but I think I bought into the line that this isnt Ezekial’s team anymore, this is Prescott’s team.

Wondering who the better captain is if you want to use one of them. FD so no extra salary consideration.
    I’m not a Prescott believer and would normally choose Zeke. But since the beginning of the season I wonder if Dak tries to pad his stats against the really bad teams because of the contract situation and that makes me lean towards him.

• keephustlincuz

I can’t wait for a Jarwin TD…. It will be glorious and everyone will tilt.

• odanny

@JSteele said...

Under Jason Garrett, the Cowboys have gone 19-3 in the second half of the season against teams that allow at least a 64% completion rate, and the Giants are 25th in passing yards allowed, at 264 a game. No idea their completion % allowed. Also don’t forget that game at the end of last year when the Cowboys were resting starters and had nothing to play for, and in NY against the Giants, who were balling, and Dak drove them the length of the field to beat them on that amazing last second pass to Beasley in the end zone 35-34. I don’t think the Cowboys are gonna lose.

• squidkill

@Hoods From The Wood said...

Chip off the ole block, Hood jr with a 1st place chop

https://rotogrinders.com/resultsdb/site/draftkings/date/2019-11-03/sport/nfl/slate/5dbf7e74b315b048b5876888/contest/5dbf7f18246f0748af21cd0f

Wow. Very nice.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler