1:00 PM EST : NY Giants ( 3.5 ) at Washington ( -3.5 ) —- T: 43
    1:00 PM EST : Seattle ( -3 ) at Buffalo ( 3 ) —- T: 51
    4:05 PM EST : Las Vegas ( 1.5 ) at LA Chargers ( -1.5 ) —- T: 52.5
    4:25 PM EST : Miami ( 4.5 ) at Arizona ( -4.5 ) —- T: 48
    4:25 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 0 ) at Dallas ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:20 PM EST : New Orleans ( 4 ) at Tampa Bay ( -4 ) —- T: 54.5

Monday, 10/9
    8:15 PM EST : New England ( -7.5 ) at NY Jets ( 7.5 ) —- T: 41.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• winnerchickendinner

@ifthethunder said...

Anyone else having DK contest entry problems this morning?
    ~

I tried to long in this morning and saw they were doing updates. Maybe still working kinks out.

• ifthethunder

@winnerchickendinner said...

I tried to long in this morning and saw they were doing updates. Maybe still working kinks out.

I saw that earlier, too. Then I was able to enter some contests. A few minutes ago, I tried to enter BIF’s NFL contest, and got “There was an error with your entry. Please try refreshing the page.” (Same with free Madden sims contests.)

It’s probably the maintenance issue. I’m not addicted to DFS, no not me!
    ~

• feezyg

@mike42 said...

You guys remember when Pit played a ridiculously depleted cincy team in week 17 in a must win game and scored next to nothing? I got ridiculed for telling people to fade the game and they performed below even my expectations. Be careful with Conner this week if he’s chalk.I know others have said it already, but this is the exact spot where PIT performs well below expectations and they seem to do it every time in situations like this.

Dal is more likely to show up for this game than PIT. Zeke or the Dal D may even be sneaky GPP plays.

Why does no one believe in Pittsburgh, they’re the only undefeated left. I dont get it. How were they an underdog against BAL? Forget Dallas, who’s even gonna be their QB? Its more likely Pittsburgh runs the table than lose to DAL, their toughest game left is CIN….

• Njsum1

@feezyg said...

Why does no one believe in Pittsburgh, they’re the only undefeated left. I dont get it. How were they an underdog against BAL? Forget Dallas, who’s even gonna be their QB? Its more likely Pittsburgh runs the table than lose to DAL, their toughest game left is CIN….

Yeah, I think the Pitt getting beat or not showing up is a bad take. My only concern with going heavy Conner is his injury history. Other than that, I’ve got no worries.

• Njsum1

@mike42 said...

If Henry’s ownership is low, you should go over the field by a mile and consider him for single entries

I’ll never go super heavy on Henry on DK as he doesn’t catch many passes, is expensive, and has a wide range of outcomes due to him being reliant on the 100 yrd bonus and TD’s.

However, I do agree that the Bears run Def is softer than most people think, and that Henry has a good shot at a 120 and a TD, yet I’d need that Second TD for him to pay off that 8k salary. So while I might go slightly over the field, I’m not hitching my week 9 success to mostly a 1 dimensional back. 🤷‍♂️

• miggs6876

@fleishmo6 said...

Yes, the Fanduel sports betting app is separate

Thanks

• yisman

@ifthethunder said...

I saw that earlier, too. Then I was able to enter some contests. A few minutes ago, I tried to enter BIF’s NFL contest, and got “There was an error with your entry. Please try refreshing the page.” (Same with free Madden sims contests.)

It’s probably the maintenance issue. I’m not addicted to DFS, no not me!
    ~

All drugs now legal in Oregon

• winnerchickendinner

Bourne now out. 49ers shut down facility. Game is still on for tomorrow. Player props have been taken off this game on FD for now.

• Bnett2210

@feezyg said...

Being a Steelers fan it’s not that don’t believe in them at all. In the history under Tomlin, after Baltimore game or a bye week to a below .500 team the team doesn’t perform well, they come out flat and we have lost many games to teams we shouldn’t have. When I said it earlier, I mentioned it being a good spot for it to happen this week. I won’t be surprised if Dallas or Cincy puts the L in the column in the next 2 weeks. I would hope not and this year is different, but under Tomlin they always have 1-2 games a year they are easily favored and end up losing or making it a more competitive game than it looked to be.

Coming off the Baltimore game it’s always a big emotional game and more physicality it seems, and after bit W like that with the schedule being Dallas, Cincy, Jaguars then there is a spot in there where I have a feeling they let there guard down and come out flat and possibly lose to a team they shouldn’t.

• Bnett2210

@Njsum1 said...

Yeah, I think the Pitt getting beat or not showing up is a bad take. My only concern with going heavy Conner is his injury history. Other than that, I’ve got no worries.

It’s not a bad take at all though. The teams record under Tomlin in these type of spots is 3-4 games below .500. It’s just a trend us Steelers fans have saw over the years and lose to teams that shouldn’t.

I love Conner this week but like I mentioned earlier pages that if Pitt comes to play then likely could be a blow out and Snell could be getting all the 4th quarter touches. I think Conner can be the reason for the blow out and get that 20+ fpts before he’s taken out, but if it’s the passing game and come 4th quarter it’s not close and he’s sitting around 14-16 that’s likely what he will finish with, to let Snell finish the game and not risk injury. In my opinion the one Steelers player im going heavy on is Diontae this week.

• am03wins

Any thoughts on the Lions WRs with Golladay out? Cephus appears to be the guy who will gain the most snaps, but he didn’t do much in the two games Golladay was injured.

• Njsum1

@Bnett2210 said...

It’s not a bad take at all though. The teams record under Tomlin in these type of spots is 3-4 games below .500. It’s just a trend us Steelers fans have saw over the years and lose to teams that shouldn’t

Idk, maybe. Dallas is historically bad though. Don’t see a let down. Maybe it’s not Conner, if it’s an air attack then everyone sits the 4th. Wr’s been going nuts against Dallas as well. Yet it’s hard to pick the right one.

Still like Conner

• antzilla810

@am03wins said...

Any thoughts on the Lions WRs with Golladay out? Cephus appears to be the guy who will gain the most snaps, but he didn’t do much in the two games Golladay was injured.

• winnerchickendinner

@am03wins said...

Hall came in when Golladay went out and would be used as the deep threat

• superjon

@winnerchickendinner said...

Bourne now out.

All in on Trent Taylor

• 33BeRad

@superjon said...

All in on Trent Taylor

The most 2020 statement yet! HAHA!

• superjon

@Njsum1 said...

Idk, maybe. Dallas is historically bad though. Don’t see a let down. Maybe it’s not Conner, if it’s an air attack then everyone sits the 4th. Wr’s been going nuts against Dallas as well. Yet it’s hard to pick the right one.

Still like Conner

All the Pittsburgh WR are in play, but if I’m going heavy on any of them, it’s going to be the guy that hasn’t really had a ceiling game yet.

Juju

The problem is that you really don’t want to run it back with anyone on Dallas (see Jets v KC last Sunday)

Zeke is intriguing simply based on his price and the fact that players that fall into slumps can just as easily come out of them.

• Njsum1

@am03wins said...

Hockenson…EOM

• bazerko

Matt Breida didn’t practice today, so we’ll see if he suits up Sunday.

• Njsum1

@superjon said...

The problem is that you really don’t want to run it back with anyone on Dallas (see Jets v KC last Sunday

That’s not a problem, you don’t have to run it back. Running it back is overrated IMO.

Look at your example from last week…Pat/Tyreke Pat/kelce…don’t need a run back, find another good play.

• mike42

@Njsum1 said...

Still like Conner

I’m not saying DAL is going to W, I’m saying there is a really good chance PIT brings it’s C or D game to work on Sunday and ends up in a fight that most don’t think will happen. DAL has some talent on D too. Sean Lee and LVE are good run stoppers. The front 4 is decent and Diggs went from getting picked on to one of the defensive players of the week. More than anything though, historically PIT doesn’t show up in spots like this at a much higher rate than any other team.

The call has nothing to do with not believing in PIT or their talent, strictly their tendencies. Big showing Vs a good team like BALT leads to bad showing Vs a bad team more times than not by a wide margin. I also like INDY this week for the same type of reasons and because INDY might be underrated.

• Njsum1

@mike42 said...

The call has nothing to do with not believing in PIT or their talent, strictly their tendencies

Yeah, I can see what your saying as far a Pitt not giving their best effort, and maybe not covering the spread, it’s is a 14 point point spread, pretty big, especially for a road team.

Since you said you’re not playing DFS and focusing on sports betting, maybe you’re onto something. My focus is DFS, and I like Conner this week, provided he doesn’t get injured, which carries a higher likelihood than with other players.

Also think 1 of Pitts Wr’s goes off, who, I don’t know.

• Bnett2210

@Njsum1 said...

Yeah, I can see what your saying as far a Pitt not giving their best effort, and maybe not covering the spread, it’s is a 14 point point spread, pretty big, especially for a road team.

Since you said you’re not playing DFS and focusing on sports betting, maybe you’re onto something. My focus is DFS, and I like Conner this week, provided he doesn’t get injured, which carries a higher likelihood than with other players.

Also think 1 of Pitts Wr’s goes off, who, I don’t know.

Yea, Dallas is bad. I’m not saying Pitt loses but they have tendency to play down so if that happens then it makes Conner a better play than a blow out, in a blow out Conner probably don’t get much run in the 4th. As for WR, I like Juju because he is due for blow up game, but so far I’ve been pretty lucky about getting our WRs right and this week I got the Diontae feeling. When he’s healthy he gets targeted heavily, and Ben looks his way a lot because he is a great route runner and gets good separation usually. Last week he was hurt at very beginning of the game and I think he was used as more of a decoy since the O wasn’t doing much, having him on the field at least made them account for him and not just load up on Juju and Claypool. This week as long as he is healthy, I think he has another 20+ fpts game. It’s not out of the possibility that Juju does as well.

The trap game for Pitt that I think could end up losing is Cincy. I think they beat Dallas but as mentioned it won’t be with their best effort to do so. In a way I kind of hope they put points up and let it stay within range that way Conner and WRs are still getting used heavily.

• feezyg

@mike42 said...

I’m not saying DAL is going to W, I’m saying there is a really good chance PIT brings it’s C or D game to work on Sunday and ends up in a fight that most don’t think will happen. DAL has some talent on D too. Sean Lee and LVE are good run stoppers. The front 4 is decent and Diggs went from getting picked on to one of the defensive players of the week. More than anything though, historically PIT doesn’t show up in spots like this at a much higher rate than any other team.

The call has nothing to do with not believing in PIT or their talent, strictly their tendencies. Big showing Vs a good team like BALT leads to bad showing Vs a bad team more times than not by a wide margin. I also like INDY this week for the same type of reasons and because INDY might be underrated.

Indy is not underrated, they are who we thought they were. Zeke will not bounce back, at least not in this spot. Pittsburgh only needs a C game to cover the 14 imo, DAL is done….

• 33BeRad

@mike42 said...

I like the Indy call. Balt is out some people this week. They lost Staley to an injury last week and have a few people that appear to be out for Covid this week as well. Balt offense has been sporadic. I don’t think Indy is underrated, they just beat a mediocre Det team. They still lost to Jax and Cleveland so let’s not go crowning them just yet. HA! This is still a good spot for them and a bad spot for Balt.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).