NFL FORUM

Comments

• smurg

As posted previously for Week 8, see Here.

This is a list of all players that submitted 100+ lineups into the Milly Maker on Draftkings, net profit, ROI, etc. I also took pictures of exposures I broke down of some of the more notable players.

The total number of entries for players submitting 100+ lineups was 16,891. They grossed $252,760 overall on buy-ins totaling $337,820 for an overall net profit of -$85,060 (-25% ROI). The total number of players with 100+ lineups was 84, 70 of which had a negative net profit, leaving 14 in the positive.

As a reminder, this GPP is extremely top heavy, so unless you’re hitting several double-digit rankings or a single-digit, it would be hard to be positive ROI on a single week.

I’ve been generating them with some hastily written VBA from the .csv export feature DraftKings provides (not pivot tables). I normally post them weekly on reddit (/dfsports/) : mods please edit this out if not allowed. I only have the .csv’s back through Week 6, so i’ll do a write-up for Week 6 and 7 in the next few days.

CSURAM88

maxdalury

NLSoldier

rayofhope

TheClone

00oreo00

• biggiesmails72

Awesome work again brotha.

Das it mane

• Richebee

damn, these guys think just like me! (minus the last two) They were all on McFadden

• Duck911

Amazing data. Thanks for posting!!

• UnregisteredUser

PM’d you re: sending over CSV’s for Week 1, Week 4, and Week 5. Unfortunately I am missing Week 2 and Week 3, so if anyone has those please let me and OP know!!

• MikeSos760

Id get way to stressed out by what these guys do haha

• madmanjayWV

it’s really easy to do with scripts!

• BobGrinder

@UnregisteredUser said...

PM’d you re: sending over CSV’s for Week 1, Week 4, and Week 5. Unfortunately I am missing Week 2 and Week 3, so if anyone has those please let me and OP know!!

I’ve got week 3. Might have week 2 also I have to double check. Will PM you both.

• freshtodeathx

Awesome post!

• charlitosway

Awesome work – really appreciate this. What really stood out to me was how one of the top ranked pros used 97% of Stevie, 93% of AB and 91% of Gronk. That’s a real commitment to a few players and I can imagine it can pay off huge some weeks if you’re right and they all go off. But a real risk as Gronk would’ve punished 91% of his entries this past week.

Very interesting.

• BobGrinder

Doesn’t matter though since $10k is nothing to these guys. They are taking a shot at the big payday and they make enough from cash games to drop $10k in this and still be profitable. One really good hit per season pays for the rest of their MM season entries.

• Trollowitz

The SHARK INDEX is the worst performing index in the history of indexes. Give them your money to invest and in two weeks they have lost 1/3 of it. Look at their lineups. They are all over the place This is madness. If I am going to risk $10,000 it is not going to be on a top heavy GPP.

Don’t any of you see it? These degenerates are the problem. Many are going to lose EVERYTHING. Then they will (1) File lawsuits (2) Work with those who want to end DFS. (3) Cry on TV about how dangerous DFS is. (4) Write books about the horrors of DFS.

This is just one event that they are losing big on. Multiply this by dozens every month. Cash games? They are picking the same guys as everyone else. They are not even beating the rake.

• BobGrinder

You really are clueless.

• SirMarkis

In all fairness, this is just football. They could be killing it in other sports.

• freshtodeathx

@SirMarkis said...

In all fairness, this is just football. They could be killing it in other sports.

This is one tournament, in one sport, on one weekend, these guys dont have the bankroll to make that many entries by accident…

• whothis

Thank you for your hard work, really eye opening

• htownhacker

Fantastic work. Thanks.

• TheRedRider

So basically, even the big boys are losing money at DFS? Well I don’t feel so bad now.

• kkissell

Most of the replies to this thread and to last week’s are missing the main point (shocker). Assuming that a negative ROI in this ridiculous top-heavy tourney means the sharks are losing money overall is totally wrong. Most of these top guys make their profit through cash games and huge numbers of Head to Head contests. That cash flow allows them to drop $10K on the Milly Maker to take a shot at a huge payday and not worry so much if they lose most or all of their money.

To those of us without huge bankrolls, we see maxdalury losing 3.2K this week and 4.2K last week in the Milly Maker and think that he stinks or is insane. However, what’s really happening is that he is winning probably $100K in his “main” games which makes a 3 or 4K loss in the Milly Maker relatively insignificant.

As for all the people who say that his scripts are doing all the work and that anyone can do that, wow are you clueless. I challenge anyone who believes that to max out entries in a .25 contest for 4 months and come out ahead. You can use whatever prediction tools and lineup builders you want. I double dare you to keep track of weekly progress and be transparent about it on this forum. I am fortunate enough to be a quite profitable DFS player and have been for the last 3 years. I don’t use any scripts (mostly because I don’t know how to create them) but either way it’s a ton of work and effort and skill (and luck obviously) to be consistently successful.

• Ibleedblue1

@kkissell said...

As for all the people who say that his scripts are doing all the work and that anyone can do that, wow are you clueless.

I agree with everything you said in your post except the part that I highlighted. I have sort of being doing what you proposed for the last week and using the Line up Builder that Rotogrinders provides for everyone and have had my best success at these small GPPs since then. I have been averaging putting in about 30-50 unique line ups a night. Now this could all be just lucky picks on my part (I typically go with a core of either 4 or 5 players) and then let the thing pick what it wants. I will then go through the Global Player Swap and see if there is anyone on that list that I do not like.

I do believe scripts help someone but it all depends on who they are either locking in or favoriting on whether they are going to have a good night or not. Currently have 30 in the quarter arcade for basketball tonight. Might bump that up to 75 just to test it out for another night. We shall see.

• kkissell

There is no doubt at all that scripts are very helpful and save tons of time. I wish I knew enough to create my own. However, the theory that scripts are the major reason behind the success of the top guys is wrong. It still takes skill to feed the script with the right information to spit out profitable combos and lineups. That’s my point.

• biggiesmails72

Hey Smurg any plan to keep doing these?

• NeRo9k

biggiesmails72 there have been 3 other weeks posted; week 12 was up 3 days ago…

https://rotogrinders.com/threads/nfl-week-12-dk-milly-maker-results-1011345

• footballfplyer55567

Great stuff thank you for posting.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).