7:35 PM :  Pittsburgh ( 0 ) at  Ottawa ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    7:35 PM :  Buffalo ( 145 ) at  Tampa Bay ( -165 ) —- T: 145
    8:05 PM :  Montreal ( 0 ) at  Minnesota ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    8:05 PM :  Boston ( -110 ) at  Nashville ( -110 ) —- T: -110
    8:35 PM :  Detroit ( 0 ) at  Dallas ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    9:05 PM :  New Jersey ( 170 ) at  Edmonton ( -200 ) —- T: 170
    9:05 PM :  Anaheim ( 0 ) at  Colorado ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    10:35 PM :  St. Louis ( 120 ) at  Los Angeles ( -140 ) —- T: 120

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• THESMARTERLODATO

Going heavy on TB1 and EDM1 tonight

• scsa1998

Almost missed out on the league today. Between golf and work I just started doing my reserves for today(Usually do it the night before) and I snagged the last league spot.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #97

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@THESMARTERLODATO said...

Going heavy on TB1 and EDM1 tonight

TB1 is no longer the same, but still a fine choice.

EDM1 is chalk, but fine chalk.

• lfn1992

Love love love me MIN value today

• TimmerRC

Lots of great plays tonight! Am I crazy for wanting to start Miller in goal? My alternates would be Gibson or Talbot.

• babaloos

@TimmerRC said...

Lots of great plays tonight! Am I crazy for wanting to start Miller in goal? My alternates would be Gibson or Talbot.

As someone who lives in Vancouver I think this is a gamble. Vancouver has been horrific on the road and to be honest has been getting results way above EV, mind you if they win it will be because of their goaltending and probably a 2-1 game. The goal support is what keeps me away from Vancouver goalies, I’ve played 1 all year and it was when Markstrom was in vs Arz @ home and luckily they won 3-2 in OT.

• Codith

Lots of good value tonight 12 lines done so far…Lots of potential.

• Dirt_Lavert

Any real value plays that are a must? I’m pretty new to NHL and didn’t see the Beauliue pick on MTL which sucked for me.

Thinking he’s a good bet for tonight, would love some other ideas! Thanks!

• THESMARTERLODATO

Crazy to start bishop tonight?

• TimmerRC

@Dirt_Lavert said...

Any real value plays that are a must? I’m pretty new to NHL and didn’t see the Beauliue pick on MTL which sucked for me.

He’s still a solid value, but his ownership %% is rising daily as more people realize it, so at some point he becomes a fade in favour of other lesser-noticed value plays… I’m playing him a bit tonight, though.

• Dirt_Lavert

@TimmerRC said...

He’s still a solid value, but his ownership %% is rising daily as more people realize it, so at some point he becomes a fade in favour of other lesser-noticed value plays… I’m playing him a bit tonight, though.

Word. On this huge slate that could be a good call. I’m playing a GPP but want some stable, more cash-game type of plays that will just put me in the cash. Last night I missed by 6 DKP and I was pissed that I had WASH 2 (and Carlson for some exposure to the first line and he beasted).

• Codith

I think montreal is a bad pick. Point chasing. They are essentially roster an AHL roster minus a small handful of guys. They are up against of the of the best teams in the league tonight on the second of a back to back. I wouldn’t be surprised I’d they are pushed to 2 or less goals tonight.

• tristanwolf

ahh a tasty slate with the fd super blue line. little above my usual price point but gotta have one bullet in there for a shot at 15k. who’s looking good in goal/ talbot sb chalky for the win but nj shoots the least in the league so maybe just a cash play there. maybe gibson or bishop.

• tristanwolf

@Dirt_Lavert said...

i’m fading him. dubnyk at home is so tough, i think that game might be pretty low scoring. like edm, dallas, ana for points tonight.

• sooted72

whats up with the fd breakaway? did one fill already?

• umwoz

@sooted72 said...

whats up with the fd breakaway? did one fill already?

There’s a super blue line, so the Breakaway is much smaller today(especially for a Thursday). Stupid idea if you ask me, the draw of the Blue Line for me is usually the lower entry max while still maintaining a solid pool size, it’s essentially a $7 Breakaway now.

• jaccoo

I am looking at STRALMAN and EDLER for low price D…. any others? i was looking GUDAS, but he is a healthy scratch (please verify for yourself, dont rely on me)…

• JayWilly

• x3

2016 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@Codith said...

I think montreal is a bad pick. Point chasing. They are essentially roster an AHL roster minus a small handful of guys. They are up against of the of the best teams in the league tonight on the second of a back to back. I wouldn’t be surprised I’d they are pushed to 2 or less goals tonight.

I think you’d be surprised with Montreal. A lot of these youngsters can play, and I certainly wouldn’t consider them an AHL roster. Losing Brendan Gallagher hurts a lot though, and it will be interesting to see how they respond. They’re deeper at the wing position this year so they’ll likely be ok, but their fall from grace last year didn’t coincide with Carey Price injury, it actually began when Brendan Gallagher got hurt.

• JayWilly

• x3

@JayWilly said...

I think you’d be surprised with Montreal. A lot of these youngsters can play, and I certainly wouldn’t consider them an AHL roster. Losing Brendan Gallagher hurts a lot though, and it will be interesting to see how they respond. They’re deeper at the wing position this year so they’ll likely be ok, but their fall from grace last year didn’t coincide with Carey Price injury, it actually began when Brendan Gallagher got hurt.

That said, on the road in Minnesota is a tall task for any offense. Tonight wouldn’t be the night to play them.

• weaponX

Last Pens-Sens game ended in an 8-5 score. Gotta get me some exposure on that game tonight.

• JayWilly

• x3

@weaponX said...

Last Pens-Sens game ended in an 8-5 score. Gotta get me some exposure on that game tonight.

I wouldn’t base too many decisions off of one game. But Pittsburgh plays some ridiculously high event hockey, so it’s certainly a viable play.

• Dirt_Lavert

Is McDavid really a sharp play on DK? He seems to never hit value…

• JayWilly

• x3

McDavid’s been a bit snake-bitten lately, but he might be the best player in the world and in a good matchup. It also helps that his linemates might be the best pairing of linemates he can hope for. Tonight’s a good night to expect him to hit value.

• rosineater

@Dirt_Lavert said...

You could go up to Petry for another $900, or Weber. These guys are always cash game playable because their shots+blocks give a high floor. You’d probably only need an assist to get up over 1x.

• rosineater

Anyone considering a NJ/EDM gamestack?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).