• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:08 PM :  Carolina ( 120 ) at  Washington ( -140 ) —- T: 6½u-10
    7:08 PM :  Boston ( -135 ) at  Philadelphia ( 115 ) —- T: 5½o-20
    7:08 PM :  N.Y. Islanders ( -135 ) at  N.Y. Rangers ( 115 ) —- T: 6u-20
    7:08 PM :  Calgary ( -110 ) at  Montreal ( -110 ) —- T: 6u-20
    8:08 PM :  Anaheim ( 185 ) at  St. Louis ( -220 ) —- T: 5½u-10

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NHL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• ifthethunder

We only got one goal versus the lowly demons, but I’m going back to the well.
    ~

• PocketsSloppy

DK $1 – 20 Player – Top 5 Results

mfetzner – 109.5
    CheetosAddict – 106.7
    PocketsSloppy – 105.1
    ifthethunder – 93.7*
    rgreuli – 93.7*

• PocketsSloppy

DK $1 – 25 Player – Top 5 (1/13 – 7:00 PM)

Filled

• ifthethunder

@PocketsSloppy said...

DK $1 – 20 Player – Top 5 Results

mfetzner – 109.5
    CheetosAddict – 106.7
    PocketsSloppy – 105.1
    ifthethunder – 93.7*
    rgreuli – 93.7*

Congrats to mfetzner! (And a slap on the mouse for me, for removing Aleksander Barkov from my forum lineup.)
    ~

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

Kind of like this slate with no “real” standouts. A lot looks good to me. I like Mrazek at 7K because the Caps have really struggled against the Canes. Otherwise it looks pretty wide open. Might play the “home Philly” narrative too but BOS is not joke (so will include them as well).

Looks like a good day for multiple lineups. How many idk but I have some time today so we’ll see. Good luck fellas!

• alwvufan

Agree with your assessment Hautalak. Really wish there was the $8 contest today….

• mfetzner

@ifthethunder said...

Congrats to mfetzner! (And a slap on the mouse for me, for removing Aleksander Barkov from my forum lineup.)
    ~

Thanks! Gotta love the Panthers and Avalanche, can’t play them enough when they are on the slate sometimes it works out and other times not so much. What to do tonight as they both aren’t on it?? Gonna have to get crazy….Fade BOS1 play Carter Hart!

https://media0.giphy.com/media/KfMlve31ILFQSpFYpB/200w.gif!

• hautalak

• x2

@alwvufan said...

Agree with your assessment Hautalak. Really wish there was the $8 contest today….

I don’t normally play that contest anyway but it’s a joke the “main” GPP is $15 (not to mention top heavy)!!!

Also wanna play the $5 satty for a Freeze ticket but see some “big dogs” in it I’m afraid of (Slewfoot, sashi, bkreider, ycmmat, and a couple others). Kind of sucks they can enter those… I know build better lineups lol Maybe if it were a $1 but $5 is too much “risk” for me.

• mr_papageorgio

Hmmm, which top tier offense should I shut down today? Do I get WSH again? BOS? At least the Devils can’t screw me 3 days in a row lol.

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

Will it be another random STL3 night?

• hautalak

• x2

@Felixxberg said...

They’re my top “value” line so likely not lol

• PhoFever

@hautalak said...

They’re my top “value” line so likely not lol

They were my top “value” line a few nights ago, and of course, STL4 went off.

• TnCowboy

Quick question. I passed out with a massive migraine yesterday afternoon and didn’t get to play any NHL other than the forum contest. Does anyone know if 1. The forum contest counts as a paid entry for achievement purposes or 2. If not, does missing one day screw me out of the achievement 25k crown bonus?

• hautalak

• x2

@TnCowboy said...

Does anyone know if 1. The forum contest counts as a paid entry for achievement purposes or 2. If not, does missing one day screw me out of the achievement 25k crown bonus?

As far as I know you are “good”. An entry into the forum contest counts. I believe you can miss 3 days? (yisman likely knows). Either way you are golden!

• bdvratoric

Sundqivst @ 3.3k remains a great value play against the ducks who have been bleeding a lot of HD shots against in their past 10

I think Danault and Kovalchuk remain great plays as well, especially danault

Not a ton of exploitable match ups tonight

• mr_papageorgio

Every time I read something like this I play Ovi and he takes 2 shots. You have all been warned. I also plan to shut down the Blues tonight.

“In what will likely be the highest scoring game of the night, expect Ovechkin to easily pay off his steep salary with the high volume of shots he takes on a nightly basis”

• mr_papageorgio

@bdvratoric said...

Sundqivst @ 3.3k remains a great value play against the ducks who have been bleeding a lot of HD shots against in their past 10

I think Danault and Kovalchuk remain great plays as well, especially danault

Not a ton of exploitable match ups tonight

Lehkonen is getting PP time now so I think you can add him to the list.

• panters

@Felixxberg said...

Got them in the late showdown.YOLO I guess.

• keephustlincuz

@mr_papageorgio said...

Every time I read something like this I play Ovi and he takes 2 shots. You have all been warned. I also plan to shut down the Blues tonight.

“In what will likely be the highest scoring game of the night, expect Ovechkin to easily pay off his steep salary with the high volume of shots he takes on a nightly basis”

What do you expect for ownership on ovie?

• bdvratoric

@mr_papageorgio said...

Lehkonen is getting PP time now so I think you can add him to the list.

For sure, I think if you need to fit in a value play it goes Sundqvist first then him only due to match up tonight

• mr_papageorgio

@keephustlincuz said...

What do you expect for ownership on ovie?

I’m not great at projecting ownership but probably in the neighborhood of 30%. I think he’ll be the highest owner skater tonight. And yes, I’m playing him.

• keephustlincuz

@mr_papageorgio said...

I’m not great at projecting ownership but probably in the neighborhood of 30%. I think he’ll be the highest owner skater tonight. And yes, I’m playing him.

Interesting. Thanks.

• hautalak

• x2

@panters said...

Got them in the late showdown.YOLO I guess.

Go STL 3… they’ll make 2 to 3 of my full classic lines.

• PhoFever

@mr_papageorgio said...

Every time I read something like this I play Ovi and he takes 2 shots.

Both winning and losing in the NHL seem to be very streaky things lately. Even with the top teams, when goals aren’t coming, it takes a week or two for teams to fix whatever the issue is, no matter who the opponent. Look at TB…you’d think that after scoring 1 in Philly they’d have a “rebound” game in NJ, and yet they go on to score 1 again vs. a much worse team than their previous opponent.

Very superstitious and non-analytical, but it scares me when considering Ovi and WSH tonight.

• TnCowboy

@hautalak said...

As far as I know you are “good”. An entry into the forum contest counts. I believe you can miss 3 days? (yisman likely knows). Either way you are golden!

Thanks my friend! Greatly appreciate the info. Best of luck with STL3 tonight. I’m contrarion with NYI and WAS.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).