• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

5:35 PM :  Pittsburgh ( 105 ) at  Philadelphia ( -125 ) —- T: 6u-20
    7:05 PM :  Montreal ( 120 ) at  Toronto ( -140 ) —- T: 6o-20
    8:05 PM :  Chicago ( 220 ) at  Tampa Bay ( -250 ) —- T: 6½u-20
    10:05 PM :  Vancouver ( -110 ) at  Edmonton ( -110 ) —- T: 5½o-25
    10:35 PM :  St. Louis ( 115 ) at  Colorado ( -135 ) —- T: 5½o-20

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NHL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Volkster6

I’m looking for some KrauseHouse luck in the $333 to begin the season.

First game is 4:30 CST, don’t forget to roster your late game players in the Util.

• Volkster6

They’re posting more contests. The SE $121 is calling my name!

• Volkster6

The $88 max 2!!!

• Volkster6

For those that don’t often play higher stakes, the $88 max 2 is perhaps the best GPP in hockey. You take one LU and shoot for 1st, knowing if you’re wrong you finish last. Take your 2nd LU and play chalk. Min cash, and rinse repeat for the next day

• OttawaCityMadman

@Volkster6 said...

First game is 4:30 CST, don’t forget to roster your late game players in the Util.

I was going to mention this too. I bet it will catch a few people unaware

• maddysdaddy0914

Hey guys. Very much looking forward to the start of the season. Ive played NBA and NFL more than NHL in the past. Ironically enough, my job is as a hockey coach, but for whatever reason I cannot seem to be consistent in NHL dfs. I’ve made a point to stick it out and figure it out this year. I play mainly on FD.

Looking forward to months of conversation and debate on the forums with everyone. Good Luck.

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@maddysdaddy0914 said...

Hey guys. Very much looking forward to the start of the season. Ive played NBA and NFL more than NHL in the past. Ironically enough, my job is as a hockey coach, but for whatever reason I cannot seem to be consistent in NHL dfs. I’ve made a point to stick it out and figure it out this year. I play mainly on FD.

Looking forward to months of conversation and debate on the forums with everyone. Good Luck.

The nice thing about playing on FD is that everyone gets a fresh start now with the new positions!

During the break, I scrolled through my past GPP wins (I screenshot them all), and I realized most of my wins were non typical lineups. A 3-3 stack can get you there (and it sometimes did, but mainly with low owned stacks), but you have to be very lucky with your Ds, because you’re competing against many others who’ll have the same 3-3. Take a stand and fade a guy. Run a 3-2-1. Correlate a D with the 1 if you want.

I won’t mass enter the first slate, because DK’s main GPP’s structure is atrocious, but if I did, I’d fade the guy I like the least in every 3-3 lineup and I’d replace him with Hoffman.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@zovyn said...

OH SNAP – F/D changed roster slots this year? C-C-W-W-D-D-UTIL-UTIL-G – Utility can be C/F/D

This changes way too much… at least the point scoring scale hasn’t shifted at all.

Hmm. This whole season just got a lot more interesting.

WTF is this. Man I hate change.

I even miss when FD had the stupid +/- stat incorporated.

• zovyn

Reprogramming my brain for the new FD slots is bringing on a migraine. I’m trying drugs and alcohol but that doesn’t seem to be helping…

• Krausehouse

• 2020 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@Volkster6 said...

Haha! Yes. My line is built barring any lineup changes, which would obviously not be surprising at all. After playing NFL, PGA and some NBA and not doing awful this off season. I feel like it has taught me a lot about DFS and strategy in general. I am looking forward to taking this new mindset with me into NHL this season.

$88 does look like the best bang for your buck, but that would require me making 2 lineups. The structure in the $333 is atrocious, but still leaning that way for opening night.

• lomac

Wooo hockey is back. Going to be weird watching teams play in the new divisions and the baseball like back-to-backs. Looks like the Stars are the first covid casualties and will have games rescheduled. Hopefully the season is able to finish and without too many games rescheduled. Goodluck all!

• yisman

practices keep getting canceled due to you know what

• keithj31216

COVID already wrecking stuff

Welcome back all! Lets get skating.

• factorial89

i bet my hometown toronto maple leafs at plus 1300 to win the stanley cup. no cup since 1967

• yisman

https://www.draftkings.com/lp/2021-nhl-countdown

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@factorial89 said...

i bet my hometown toronto maple leafs at plus 1300 to win the stanley cup. no cup since 1967

I’ll probably bet on my hometown Habs! Because who knows!

• coochnux

Betting on my avs myself. Too bad their payout isn’t going to be nearly as juicy.

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

I wanna play futures and now would be the time. Avs aren’t a bad bet but I think another team “surprises”, just not sure which one.

Happy to have tickets so I can participate in the promos yisman listed! It was nice to have a nice NFL weekend leading to NHL!!! We’re getting closer.

• hautalak

• x2

Disclaimer: This is not me volunteering for this but does anybody “keep track” of their contests? The reason I ask is because Tim (from the PGA forum does and he volunteered to keep track of the season’s forum contest and there’s a competition against one another). I realize NHL is daily so that is a lot more recording. We do do a simple point system if we want. I just think it would be fun. Again I am not volunteering for this, just testing the waters.

I envision lots more GPP takedowns this year from us!!! Considering putting a blog out there for the season start…

• hautalak

• x2

On that note created another $1 forum contest since ours filled. $1 20 man Top 3.

https://www.draftkings.com/contest/draftteam/101021591

• bodzer74

Lots of good value to start season. Anyone heard of www.universityofpucks.com ? They are giving free membership for first 99.

• ifthethunder

@hautalak said...

Disclaimer: This is not me volunteering for this but does anybody “keep track” of their contests? The reason I ask is because Tim (from the PGA forum does and he volunteered to keep track of the season’s forum contest and there’s a competition against one another). I realize NHL is daily so that is a lot more recording. We do do a simple point system if we want. I just think it would be fun. Again I am not volunteering for this, just testing the waters.

I envision lots more GPP takedowns this year from us!!! Considering putting a blog out there for the season start…

I think the reason for that is there are lots of contests created in the golf forum (including NFL contests), but just one official Happy Meal each week for PGA.

In our case, the contests are far more frequent. And they’re pretty much all just us playing NHL. So probably we can just let DK handle it.

https://www.draftkings.com/leagues/4ezwoqy8/leaderboard/all

P.S. I just checked, they have it by sports in the league, too. I have the same numbers for ‘hockey’ as for ‘all,’ so I think we’re good.

https://www.draftkings.com/leagues/4ezwoqy8/leaderboard/nhl
    ~

• hautalak

• x2

So I’m pretty drawn to the Flyers game 1. These games between them always play out pretty well, and I give the lean to Flyers here.

I kind of like their L3 (according to DFO) of JVR, Patrick, and Voracek. So much to like day 1.

• hautalak

• x2

@ifthethunder said...

In our case, the contests are for more frequent. And they’re pretty much all just us playing NHL. So probably we can just let DK handle it.
    ~
    https://www.draftkings.com/leagues/4ezwoqy8/leaderboard/all

I’m fine with that too, would just like a “reset” then but not sure they (DK) could handle that. I feel like we pass around money here way more than PGA. I think I’m much “streakier” in NHL.

• ifthethunder

@hautalak said...

I’m fine with that too, would just like a “reset” then but not sure they (DK) could handle that. I feel like we pass around money here way more than PGA. I think I’m much “streakier” in NHL.

I’m sure DK won’t do it. It’d have to be one of us…take a screenshot or somesuch, put the current standings into a spreadsheet, than do it again whenever the need to check the current season standings arises. I can’t do it, I’m spending too much time on DFS as it is!
    ~

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).