• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

5:35 PM :  Pittsburgh ( 105 ) at  Philadelphia ( -125 ) —- T: 6u-20
    7:05 PM :  Montreal ( 120 ) at  Toronto ( -140 ) —- T: 6o-20
    8:05 PM :  Chicago ( 220 ) at  Tampa Bay ( -250 ) —- T: 6½u-20
    10:05 PM :  Vancouver ( -110 ) at  Edmonton ( -110 ) —- T: 5½o-25
    10:35 PM :  St. Louis ( 115 ) at  Colorado ( -135 ) —- T: 5½o-20

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NHL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

@ifthethunder said...

I can’t do it, I’m spending too much time on DFS as it is!

Same here that’s why I didn’t volunteer lol I just like that aspect for golf and I feel the guys here are “closer” than even on the PGA forum. Maybe not closer but “share” more (from strategy, to guys playing, moving lines, etc.).

• Volkster6

If you click into the Leagues tab, you can see the RG league. The totals are there already as they are Overall.

We can simply post them in here, sticky the post and subtract the current points from the year end overall to figure out who won this season.

• ryanprzy

@Volkster6 said...

If you click into the Leagues tab, you can see the RG league. The totals are there already as they are Overall.

Oh SNAP!

Didn’t know you could see totals. My numbers suck but then again I like to YOLO Kings and Sens 3rd line stacks to “differentiate” so I deserve it

• zovyn

Y’all seem to have a lot more fun on DK than us lonely FD players. Where’s our forum contests and platform rewards? As far as I can tell, aside from the massive amounts of satellite ticket contests available over the last few months for opening night, Fanduel’s whole approach to the new NHL season is “Here’s a new roster format that you’ll find out about only by entering a contest, now give us your money.”

Yeah yeah, FD sucks, DK rules, I already hear that enough. :(

• Volkster6

@zovyn said...

Y’all seem to have a lot more fun on DK than us lonely FD players. Where’s our forum contests and platform rewards? As far as I can tell, aside from the massive amounts of satellite ticket contests available over the last few months for opening night, Fanduel’s whole approach to the new NHL season is “Here’s a new roster format that you’ll find out about only by entering a contest, now give us your money.”

Yeah yeah, FD sucks, DK rules, I already hear that enough. :(

Is fanduel still around?

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@ryanprzy said...

Oh SNAP!

Didn’t know you could see totals. My numbers suck but then again I like to YOLO Kings and Sens 3rd line stacks to “differentiate” so I deserve it

Wow, I’m in second place! Didn’t know either. I played 225 forum contests, won 17 and placed in 67.

I know I really shouldn’t, but it’s so tempting to make 100 lineups. I might enter 50-ish. If I do, I’ll put money where my mouth is and play 100% Hoffman.

• noddy

Besides here where is the best place to get NHL DFS information including starting lineups, projections, injuries, value plays, etc.?

• Felixxberg

Aaaand I changed my mind. I’ll attack the SD and late GPPs. Going against 17K people to hope for a top 2 is just not worth it.

• Felixxberg

@noddy said...

Besides here where is the best place to get NHL DFS information including starting lineups, projections, injuries, value plays, etc.?

I don’t know if we can cite other sites here, but dailyfaceoff is the obvious site for lines. It’s free.

For projections and value plays, I assume RG has its own, so I won’t comment!

• noddy

@Felixxberg said...

I don’t know if we can cite other sites here, but dailyfaceoff is the obvious site for lines. It’s free.

For projections and value plays, I assume RG has its own, so I won’t comment!

Yep know about dailyfaceoff. Thanks.

• marker0357

I use both DFO and LWL.

• Krausehouse

• 2020 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@noddy said...

I say this every season but the Left Wing Lock app is what i trust with my lineups, and for 5 bucks its a great help.
    (For Starting lineups, Power Play combos and Penalty Kill combos). Then I cross reference with twitter and DFO also.

• Felixxberg

Twitter is the absolute best source, but it’s time consuming. I still use it to gain an edge any time there’s a line change.

• zovyn

There aren’t nearly as many sources for NHL as there are for the other sports (obviously) but the info tends to be a little more stable overall (less last-second injury issues, lineup/playing time changes, GK surprises, etc) so it works out. LWL and DFO are primary sources – I’ll also give a nod to Dobber’s Frozen Tools and (believe-it-or-not) the NHL.com fantasy news page. Between those four (and Twitter for sure for last-minute lineup confirmations) I usually feel as 99.99% confident that I know who’s playing as I can be.

I glanced through the first 2-3 months schedule and it looks pretty good – lots of large slates and a LOT less of the funky scheduling from last year… usually at least 4-5 games/night at a minimum and barely any 2-game nights. Should be a fun DFS season.

• zovyn

Anybody have a suggestion/link to a good breakdown/overview of the off-season trades and changes?

• Southie777

Good to be back! It’s funny, I’m as big a sports fan as I know, but every off-season for every sport, I just totally shut down. I pay practically zero attention. So I’m just now starting to look at things and totally forget about all the off-season movement. Lot to catch up on, but fun to be less than 48 hours from hockey. The bubble was fun, at times, but I was pretty done with it by the end. It’ll be nice to a SOMEWHAT more normal season, even if it’s really not normal at all. At first glance, I’m liking CHI1 (and CHI2), but obviously not the matchup. But maybe this is just the time to use them, as they’ll be sure to be low-owned. Looking forward to the season!

• panters

It’s so good to be back in THE Forum! All the familiar names and avatars. You don’t remember me contributing much but you will remember me by my incessant questions.

My biggest problem the past few seasons was teams that “hid” (a la Dave Roberts/MLB) their starting Goalies until puck drop. In your opinion is LWL or DFO the best for late announcements? I don’t do titter(Sp?) so that’s out for me. Thanks and best of luck to everyone and a special shout out to hautalak and Felixxberg!

• hautalak

• x2

One more damn day!!! The question for me is how many lines do I make today and do I MME the $1 Tiers. Hmmm… all great questions.

I still think DK “undershot” their low dollar contests (b/c they wanna fill that $10) but I’m ok NHL is back.

Also welcome back panters and other forum members!!!

• Boooooourns

• 2016 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

Need to remind myself again about goalies.

You don’t need the stud goalie on the best team to score big points. It’s not about the win anymore with the new DK scoring. It’s about shots against. You want to pick a goalie who is going to get peppered and hopefully come out with the win in the end.

Going to try and stick to the rule “never play a goalie above 8k”

• hautalak

• x2

@Boooooourns said...

Going to try and stick to the rule “never play a goalie above 8k”

I agree for the most part but there are occasions I break this rule. Last year DK was bad with goalie pricing though. Too big of gaps.

• zovyn

@panters said...

My biggest problem the past few seasons was teams that “hid” (a la Dave Roberts/MLB) their starting Goalies until puck drop. In your opinion is LWL or DFO the best for late announcements?

tbh best practice for certainty is to check both LWL and DFO – they both update at about the same time but on any given night/game either of those sites might get the first notice. It will usually hit Twitter first but both of those sites update pretty quickly. I don’t know of a better option than hitting F5 on those pages frequently near gametime.

• Wammer44

Anyone have team-by-team twitter beat writer lists?
    Thanks

• marker0357

@Felixxberg said...

Twitter is the absolute best source, but it’s time consuming. I still use it to gain an edge any time there’s a line change.

I refuse to use Twitter for anything

• Southie777

Absolute lunacy that RG groups hockey in More Sports with ESports, AFL, and Sports Cards. It’s always been considered one of the “four major pro sports” in America. I have been a hockey fan all my life, so I know all the jokes (Her-Der, hockey, what’s that?). I get it. Growing up in my neighborhood, we were all hockey fans and we (and Boston, more generally) were known as a “hockey town”. But I get that most outside the Northeast and MI/MN pretty much can’t be bothered. Their loss. But, last year, RG pretty much gutting their hockey analysis down to projections (which I don’t care about) and a quick Expert Summary and Slate Summary (on days with enough games!) and an article where each team’s analysis was pretty much cut and pasted from their previous game is just ridiculous. And now they jack up the price to either having to pay $100/month for the combo package (2.5X the old cost) or pay $40 just for scant hockey coverage (old price of the combo package). I just don’t get it. Did they do something to improve their hockey coverage or are you really expected to pay that premium for what they offered last year? I used to love the video with Pepsi and Boggs, what happened to stuff like that, that they have for other sports? I get that people move on, but you can’t find another “hockey guy” or two? Okay, rant over. (Just went to look at “premium” stuff and was prompted to buy the NHL package.)

• Felixxberg

@Wammer44 said...

Anyone have team-by-team twitter beat writer lists?
    Thanks

https://mobile.twitter.com/linematching/lists

https://mobile.twitter.com/brandonjredd/lists

https://mobile.twitter.com/CcCMiddleton

http://www.gamedaylinetweets.com/

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).