• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

5:35 PM :  Pittsburgh ( 105 ) at  Philadelphia ( -125 ) —- T: 6u-20
    7:05 PM :  Montreal ( 120 ) at  Toronto ( -140 ) —- T: 6o-20
    8:05 PM :  Chicago ( 220 ) at  Tampa Bay ( -250 ) —- T: 6½u-20
    10:05 PM :  Vancouver ( -110 ) at  Edmonton ( -110 ) —- T: 5½o-25
    10:35 PM :  St. Louis ( 115 ) at  Colorado ( -135 ) —- T: 5½o-20

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NHL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• NextSignal

Fanduel what

Interesting surprise. I think I can handle it

• panters

@zovyn said...

tbh best practice for certainty is to check both LWL and DFO – they both update at about the same time but on any given night/game either of those sites might get the first notice. It will usually hit Twitter first but both of those sites update pretty quickly. I don’t know of a better option than hitting F5 on those pages frequently near gametime.

Thanks zovyn. Since I’m at work at early game locks I’ll just have to bring in my phone to the work place. Good luck this season.

• panters

I’ve been trying to do some TBL stacks with their high-assed salaries. DFO and LWL has Jan Rutta (TBL) on D1 for 2K. I don’t know if he is any good but just thought I would throw that out there.

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

I’d recommend if playing tiers check for some overlay. Looks like they might be overambitious about 2nd gen contests.

• JSteele

It’s McDavid’s birthday today.

• maddysdaddy0914

Is it just me or does it feel like you can do whatever you want with lineup construction on FD today?

• Volkster6

Hello all, I’ll be a bit MIA today but wanted to quickly mention:

yeah shot volume is key when it comes to goalies. Every goal against counts as 5 saves, and most NHL goalies average between 12-15 saves per goal. Plus the bonus is a free goal against. So a goalie that loses 4-3 where his team gets utterly dominated and outshot say 48-23 (19.80 points) is better than a goalie who wins 3-1 and only faced 21 shots against (16.5 points)

• Volkster6

Not to mention he’s likely lower owned and cheaper given the matchup! Let’s see how the pricing shakes out this year though. If it corrects, this line of thinking may change

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #96

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@Volkster6 said...

Hello all, I’ll be a bit MIA today but wanted to quickly mention:

yeah shot volume is key when it comes to goalies. Every goal against counts as 5 saves, and most NHL goalies average between 12-15 saves per goal. Plus the bonus is a free goal against. So a goalie that loses 4-3 where his team gets utterly dominated and outshot say 48-23 (19.80 points) is better than a goalie who wins 3-1 and only faced 21 shots against (16.5 points)

The DK scoring system is so annoying in this regard. But we have to work within the system provided in any event.

• hautalak

• x2

@Zieg30 said...

The DK scoring system is so annoying in this regard. But we have to work within the system provided in any event.

Although I agree, the “bonuses” have helped me way more than they hurt me. I was targeting high volume guys before anyway, just does change goalies a lot.

• Stangs13

Any tips for NHL cash games. I have been trying to play more cash this year, but have never played it in NHL. How are cash lines compared to GPPS?

• Volkster6

@Zieg30 said...

As long as the pricing gets more efficient, this shouldn’t be an issue. However until then, paying up at goalie makes zero sense when 6 more saves equals a win, and 11 more saves total covers both the SO/Win… 11 more saves being more likely than a stud goalie getting a shutout win of course

• zovyn

@maddysdaddy0914 said...

Is it just me or does it feel like you can do whatever you want with lineup construction on FD today?

I dunno – I tried to squeeze McDavid, Point, Matthews, and MacKinnon all into one lineup and I couldn’t make it work…

:P

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@Krausehouse said...

Yeah i have had a few friends play hockey at a high level. For the ones who didn’t make it, most are struggling with the reality of real life… A lot different being alone all the time and not being around the guys.

That’s for sure! Even in the NHL, it must hard for the family to always be on the move. At least they have some great money to compensate!

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #96

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@Volkster6 said...

As long as the pricing gets more efficient, this shouldn’t be an issue. However until then, paying up at goalie makes zero sense when 6 more saves equals a win, and 11 more saves total covers both the SO/Win… 11 more saves being more likely than a stud goalie getting a shutout win of course

Yeah, I certainly agree, but I hate playing underdog goalies in higher buy-in stakes. I know one should embrace the variance and go for the ceiling play, but I’d much rather just play Vasilevsky every time.

• Felixxberg

@ImADonk11 said...

Couple questions: 1) Say I want to make 20 LUs, what is good base line for stacks to have in the pool? 4-5 Lines? Maybe a couple mini stacks tossed in there as well? 2) In the utility spot should we always try and use a C or W? 3) I don’t see any ownership up yet but I assuming maybe tomorrow they update that? Also, is it pretty accurate?

I build my lineups by hand, so I can’t answer regarding Lineup HQ.

For my stacks, I almost always just pick my favorite lines and mix them all together. 20 lineups would mean 7 lines. If you mix them all together, it adds up to 21 lineups, so you have to decide which one you don’t enter. If there are power lines, you won’t be able to mix them with other power lines. You can mix them with low owned punt lines instead.

I realized during the offseason that a typical 3-3 stack makes it near impossible to win a GPP, because everyone does that. You would need to get lucky with the Ds. A better way to differentiate is by fading one guy and replacing him with a one-off. You could also play a D one-off in the UTIL spot. That would make you different enough.

• Felixxberg

@panters said...

I’ve been trying to do some TBL stacks with their high-assed salaries. DFO and LWL has Jan Rutta (TBL) on D1 for 2K. I don’t know if he is any good but just thought I would throw that out there.

He’s a staple to my lineups. Playing on D1 with the best team in the league at home against the worst starting goalie in the league and probably the worst team in the league honestly. He also has the revenge narrative.

• Felixxberg

@Stangs13 said...

Any tips for NHL cash games. I have been trying to play more cash this year, but have never played it in NHL. How are cash lines compared to GPPS?

I never play cash game and can’t really help you much there, but I would say you need to look at volume shooters first. Also, on DK, Mike Hoffman needs to be in your lineup tonight.

• cplatt87

What is everyone’s favorite punt on DK tonight? I find myself using Pius Suter ($2500) as a saver in most of my lineups, but there seems to be a lot of good plays in the 3k range as well.

• yisman

@Felixxberg said...

I don’t know if anyone gets it or if you had to do something to activate it, but I got a free $10 ticket on DK by depositing $5.

this is what they said when I asked

“This appears to have been a targeted promotion. If you received an email from us containing the terms of the offer, please provide us with a screenshot and we will be happy to ensure that your account is properly credited.”

• panters

@Felixxberg said...

He’s a staple to my lineups. Playing on D1 with the best team in the league at home against the worst starting goalie in the league and probably the worst team in the league honestly. He also has the revenge narrative.

Good to hear from you Felixx. I didn’t know the other stuff about Rutta I only noticed his salary. Thank you.

• Felixxberg

Every Edmonton D is too cheap. Larsson, Jones, Koekkoek/Russell are below $3K. Bear is $3.3K and Barrie is $4.4K.

Only Nurse is priced normally.

• hautalak

• x2

@Felixxberg said...

Every Edmonton D is too cheap. Larsson, Jones, Koekkoek/Russell are below $3K. Bear is $3.3K and Barrie is $4.4K.

Only Nurse is priced normally.

You’re gonna give yourself a heart attack with all these “value” plays lol

I do agree it’s gonna take something a little “weird” tonight.

• Stangs13

@Felixxberg said...

I build my lineups by hand, so I can’t answer regarding Lineup HQ.

For my stacks, I almost always just pick my favorite lines and mix them all together. 20 lineups would mean 7 lines. If you mix them all together, it adds up to 21 lineups, so you have to decide which one you don’t enter. If there are power lines, you won’t be able to mix them with other power lines. You can mix them with low owned punt lines instead.

I realized during the offseason that a typical 3-3 stack makes it near impossible to win a GPP, because everyone does that. You would need to get lucky with the Ds. A better way to differentiate is by fading one guy and replacing him with a one-off. You could also play a D one-off in the UTIL spot. That would make you different enough.

When you do this how many goalies do you have? Do you mix and match simply based on price?

• Felixxberg

I just realized Hamonic is minimum price. No need to play Rutta anymore!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).