7:08 PM :  New Jersey ( 215 ) at  Toronto ( -260 ) —- T: 6½o-35
    7:08 PM :  Boston ( -145 ) at  Columbus ( 125 ) —- T: 5½u-35
    7:08 PM :  Detroit ( 225 ) at  N.Y. Islanders ( -275 ) —- T: 5½u-14
    7:38 PM :  Chicago ( 100 ) at  Ottawa ( -120 ) —- T: 6½o-15
    8:08 PM :  Vancouver ( 110 ) at  Winnipeg ( -130 ) —- T: 6½o-15
    9:08 PM :  Nashville ( -123 ) at  Edmonton ( 103 ) —- T: 6½u-20
    9:08 PM :  San Jose ( 123 ) at  Arizona ( -143 ) —- T: 5½u-32
    9:08 PM :  Arizona ( 125 ) at  Colorado ( -145 ) —- T: 5½u-20

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NHL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• maibockaddict

Not sure about fading MacKinnon tonight. Even though Dallas is good on D and limiting damage, Mac still is averaging over 18 fpts in 3 games even though he only has 1 goal in those games. Think he still makes a good 1 off if you can find some value lines that you like….

• jjwd

@maibockaddict said...

How is it that unstructured random lineups seem to win GPPs almost every night?

In the case of “unstructured” lineups, there are at least 2 groups of players who construct things this way: fish and sharks. Of course, these groups are doing this for different reasons, which is why you can’t necessarily learn from the winning lineup.

• ifthethunder

@stellagirl said...

Speaking of which, SJS @ ARI is another no go for me.

I’m pondering Aaron Dell. He’s been pretty good lately. Also should I go back to the wellvis Merkilens? (He crushes it every time I don’t play him.)

And finally in the budget goalie department, we have Louis Domingue, who suddenly turned into miracle man over the weekend. I’m rolling with just two lineups (so far), one with some Torontonians and one with Gue.
    ~

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

@jjwd said...

there are at least 2 groups of players who construct things this way: fish and sharks. Of course, these groups are doing this for different reasons, which is why you can’t necessarily learn from the winning lineup.

That hits it on the head! Usually it comes down to “name” recognition. If I haven’t seen them on a leaderboard I usually assume it was their lucky day…

Guess I could say the same for myself as it’s been a while since I’ve taken one (and when it happens maybe once a year it’s always the quarter and sometimes a tie lol)

• ifthethunder

@hautalak said...

Guess I could say the same for myself as it’s been a while since I’ve taken one (and when it happens maybe once a year it’s always the quarter and sometimes a tie lol)

I’ve been cold in the Pockets contest lately. But I did win the NBA forum contest last night, even though I didn’t play the minimum DK salary Jahlil Okafor (who went off for 57 points).
    ~

• mr_papageorgio

Looking more at NYI it looks like their PP2 got more PP time than the top unit last night. Dobson is still in play if he gets 20 min but Toews is still PP1 and also pretty cheap so I think he may be the play there.

• ifthethunder

@mr_papageorgio said...

Looking more at NYI it looks like their PP2 got more PP time than the top unit last night. Dobson is still in play if he gets 20 min but Toews is still PP1 and also pretty cheap so I think he may be the play there.

I like your Noah Dobson idea. A 2,800 guy who is getting ice time can’t kill your lineup, but he could boost it. Especially if he’s a defenseman, thanks to the way DK is scoring blocked shots this season.
    ~

• klubba575

Recently I have rolling out 3-2 stacks with a correlating D-man to the 3 stack. Grab a cheap D, and then find a good goalie-one off combo you like for the last two spots. Have had moderate success the past week until last night’s no Bread, no Dough. Will be using this method alot tonight with all the PP units in play.

Hard not to like NYI1 with Nelson as the C being cheaper than Barzal. Don’t forget about the CHI-OTT game, last year in Ottawa it was 8-7 although Lehner is around now. But Hogberg is not good for the Sens. Penguins at Home with Crosby back against Dubnyk who hasn’t played in a while. Eventually the Domigue wheels will fall off, I think tonight is that night in TOR. Johnsson is back, TOR3 could be a sneaky cheap line.

• gairz

@ifthethunder said...

I like your Noah Dobson idea

me too. it’s a risk …but what isn’t when you’re playing this stuff.
    thanks papa.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

Damn. Looks like they flipped Palat and Stamkos again. TB1 no longer the clear (though still the most compelling) play on that team. That sucks.

• yisman

I have 2 entries in the FD super deke today, from satellites won in the past.

• gairz

Zadina at NYI
    or
    Jack Hughes at TOR?
    hmmm…

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

@yisman said...

Link

Quote Reply

I have one, but am considering simply withdrawing it given how large this slate is.

• mr_papageorgio

@ifthethunder said...

I like your Noah Dobson idea. A 2,800 guy who is getting ice time can’t kill your lineup, but he could boost it. Especially if he’s a defenseman, thanks to the way DK is scoring blocked shots this season.
    ~

My concern is before last night he was only getting around 10 min a game so I’m wondering if it was something matchup specific. If I knew for sure he’d get 20 again I’d lock him in.

• sirrobert6

• Blogger of the Month

I did a blog post. Will share when it’s posted.

• mfetzner

@Zieg30 said...

I have one, but am considering simply withdrawing it given how large this slate is.

I was wondering about this when you win a ticket to say the $100 Super Deke from a $3 satellite. After FD loads your ticket in if you withdraw that entry do they give you the value of the ticket in this case $100?

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

@mfetzner said...

I was wondering about this when you win a ticket to say the $100 Super Deke from a $3 satellite. After FD loads your ticket in if you withdraw that entry do they give you the value of the ticket in this case $100?

I could’ve sworn I’ve done it before with $33 entries, but I just tried to do it with the $100, and it gave me an error message. Either I’m misremembering or they changed things so that it’s not permitted!

• keephustlincuz

Anyone playing boqvist tonight?

• sirrobert6

• Blogger of the Month

This is what happens when I’m bored. Multi format value plays!

The Diamond Standard makes it’s unawaited return.

• yisman

@mfetzner said...

You can’t withdraw. I started playing there in December 2018 and I asked them a few months in. They told me you can only withdraw when you enter it yourself.

The tickets won, they enter for you as an ‘admin’. You cannot cancel admin entries. I’ve tried it before to confirm.

Trust me, I’d much rather not play these. I get like 10% back on average, so of the $25,000 or so in tickets I’ve had…

• sirrobert6

• Blogger of the Month

having one of those nights where builds are working out way too well.

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@sirrobert6 said...

I also like the value of Arizona guys. They all seem cheap, especially if it’s Jones in net.

• gairz

@keephustlincuz said...

Anyone playing boqvist tonight?

yessir..
    have him with Toews and Kubalik. Fits nicely in my CHI OTT gamestack and Eichel one-off. ;)

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

Also, Jimmy Howard stats are absurdly weak. He’s 2-15-1 with 4.10 GAA and .880 sv%. I almost never play Islanders, and there’s a good chance I skip tonight given the number of smash spots, but it’s just absurd.

• gairz

@sirrobert6 said...

Good (and quick!) read.. I have a few of those guys in my LU’s. hope they work out. ;)

thanks for sharing the in-depth work.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).