7:05 PM :  N.Y. Islanders ( -115 ) at  N.Y. Rangers ( -105 ) —- T: 5½o-35
    7:35 PM :  Carolina ( -200 ) at  Detroit ( 175 ) —- T: 6½u-20
    8:05 PM :  Calgary ( -115 ) at  Winnipeg ( -105 ) —- T: 5½o-20
    8:05 PM :  Columbus ( 100 ) at  Nashville ( -120 ) —- T: 5½u-20
    9:05 PM :  San Jose ( 105 ) at  Arizona ( -125 ) —- T: 5½o-20
    9:05 PM :  Vancouver ( 100 ) at  Edmonton ( -120 ) —- T: 5½o-35
    10:05 PM :  Minnesota ( -125 ) at  Los Angeles ( 105 ) —- T: 5½u-20
    10:05 PM :  Anaheim ( 190 ) at  Vegas ( -220 ) —- T: 6u-10

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NHL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

Despite it being a 10 game slate, there’s no spot I really like. Maybe Edmonton for a bounce back, but that’s it. I guess Winnipeg is fine too.

Pretty much all games should be low scoring. But it’s hockey, so who knows!

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

So pumped for the first Rangers’ game of the season! Going to be a big year for the Rangers and future 3-time vezina winner Shesterkin.

Strange slate insofar as it’s 10 games, but, as Felix noted, not really great spots. Vegas and Carolina the only heavy favourites, but there’s something about both matchups I don’t love. I’ll likely sprinkle them around though.

Last night was frustrating – came in second in a $9 satty for a Spin O’Rama Ticket, though did win a $250 FHWC qual ticket and, nicely, took down both forum contests. I’ll take it!

• OttawaCityMadman

Edmonton bounce back for sure. McD and Barrie are all I am looking at. Going in on Buf tonight. Have a good feeling they are going to have a great short season, and will start off with a bang! Line1, D , GT.

Do we need to research any VISA problems tonight!? Geeez

wow. hall is only $6200 and Oloffson only $4500! And Skinner starting on the 4th line? That wont last

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

After a quick glance it looks like I’ll be rolling some Yotes and as much as I hate MIN I think I’ll have to play some of them too. Definitely a “split slate” night for me. Maxing tiers again though!!!

• cplatt87

I’ll likely plug in McDavid/Draisaitl at the top in my cash lineups again in the bounce back spot.

At first glance there isn’t as much value on this slate as there was last night, but its early so I’m sure there are plays I just haven’t found yet.

• Canuckage

Quick glance at DK. Someone fat fingered and mistyped Tyson Barrie price from 4.3k to 3.3k.

Tons of value plays tonight: Grzelyck, Andersson, Niederretier, Hoglander, Kaprizov just to name afew

• maddysdaddy0914

Forward value is there on FD. Like Kaprisov at 4K. Hard not to go back to Hoglander at the min.

I thought he looked fantastic. Not to mention it seemed Green trusted him more as the game went along.

Love Car1 and the Mcdavid bounce back. He was inches from a 40 point night last night.

• Canuckage

@maddysdaddy0914 said...

Forward value is there on FD. Like Kaprisov at 4K. Hard not to go back to Hoglander at the min.

I thought he looked fantastic. Not to mention it seemed Green trusted him more as the game went along.

Love Car1 and the Mcdavid bounce back. He was inches from a 40 point night last night.

Just saw that Tomas Hertl is literally minimum priced on FD

• yisman

DK game logs not updated

• Felixxberg

@Canuckage said...

Quick glance at DK. Someone fat fingered and mistyped Tyson Barrie price from 4.3k to 3.3k.

Yep. Straight up misprice once again. Not as much as Hoffman, but still a misprice. Maybe they’re doing it on purpose to lure more people!

Kaprizov at $2.9K could be criminal, too. He’s a question mark, but his KHL stats are similar to Panarin, Dadonov and Gusev.

First game for Lafrenière at $3.7K. That would be low if he was playing on L1 or L2, but it seems right since he’s on L3. Should play PP1 though. He was a 5 SOG/GP player in the Q last season.

Also, sign me up for $5.6K Laine. He should be around $7K.

• Felixxberg

Also, what’s up with Columbus? They all seem too low, especially Atkinson who’s a volume shooter. The matchup is tough, but still.

• yisman

@Canuckage said...

Tons of value plays tonight: Grzelyck, Andersson, Niederretier, Hoglander, Kaprizov just to name afew

I played him last night at 4400 on DK.

If anyone did the DK countdown to puck drop, we’re getting a 5 and a 10 ticket. Probably later today.

TB won, but McDavid didn’t score and STL/COL didn’t get 6 goals.

• Felixxberg

Who in his right mind plays McNabb at $4.9K?? Some prices are weird.

• hautalak

• x2

@yisman said...

If anyone did the DK countdown to puck drop, we’re getting a 5 and a 10 ticket. Probably later today.

TB won, but McDavid didn’t score and STL/COL didn’t get 6 goals.

Man those were so “easy” to get too. Glad I only had tickets haha

• ifthethunder

I have to play Alex Ovechkin. It’s in my contract.
    ~

• maddysdaddy0914

FD Bjorkstrand priced fair.

Think there might be some value with Minn pp1. Dumba or spurgeon might be sneaky to pair up with kaprizov.

• maddysdaddy0914

@Felixxberg said...

As a mcnabb owner in season long, his floor is pretty reasonable. Blocks and shots are there. Minutes are safe. Vegas puts pucks in the net, last I checked secondary assists count just the same lol. But yeah that seems a touch steep.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

@Felixxberg said...

Haha. I was JUST coming on to comment on this.

I think that is the weirdest price of the day, with Barrie a close second.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

@maddysdaddy0914 said...

As a mcnabb owner in season long, his floor is pretty reasonable. Blocks and shots are there. Minutes are safe. Vegas puts pucks in the net, last I checked secondary assists count just the same lol. But yeah that seems a touch steep.

Hardly a “touch”. McNabb shouldn’t be more than 3.2k. Maybe with the shake-up on D he’ll get some more offensive opportunities, but until that happens his price is stupid high.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

I’ve been focused decently heavily on Carolina today, but hadn’t noticed in the offseason that Griess went to Detroit. That is a pisser. He can actually shut a game down. The team in front of him is dreadful enough that it’s still an okay spot, but less excited now.

• hautalak

• x2

@Zieg30 said...

I’ve been focused decently heavily on Carolina today, but hadn’t noticed in the offseason that Griess went to Detroit. That is a pisser. He can actually shut a game down. The team in front of him is dreadful enough that it’s still an okay spot, but less excited now.

Yep Howard ain’t getting picked on this year!!! Either way DET is improved but still awful. They do have some D I can name now lkol

• Wammer44

X

• maddysdaddy0914

@Zieg30 said...

I struggled with what to do with Greiss in season long/dynasty. Good goalie, but the drop from playing in NY under Trotz to the tire fire that is Detroit has me wondering.

End of the day I think I’ll still be heavy Car. Their PP is too strong and they play at such a high pace, and Det doesn’t seem to have addressed their PK.

• Mccurds13

Probably go back to McDavid but assuming Smith is in net I’ll definitely have my share of Vancouver stacks too. Probably won’t make a lineup without one of Kaprizov or Hoglander

• maddysdaddy0914

@Mccurds13 said...

Probably go back to McDavid but assuming Smith is in net I’ll definitely have my share of Vancouver stacks too. Probably won’t make a lineup without one of Kaprizov or Hoglander

There are only two things that have me hesitant on McDavid. Played 26 mins last night and the fact everyone else on the slate is fresh, and how heavily he will be owned.

With what seems like a lot of Buffalo love, might be some leverage with OV at a similar price.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).