Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

12:35 PM :  Philadelphia ( 190 ) at  Washington ( -230 ) —- T: 190
    7:05 PM :  New Jersey ( 105 ) at  Vancouver ( -125 ) —- T: 105
    7:05 PM :  Minnesota ( 0 ) at  Chicago ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    9:05 PM :  St. Louis ( 0 ) at  Anaheim ( 0 ) —- T: 0

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• Dirt_Lavert

Where can I see contests results for yesterday? Don’t see it in the main forum and that’s where I should be looking no?

• TimmerRC

Not sure, Dirt…

About yesterday… I notice that many of the big names like saahilsud etc. used a lot of Detroit lines to great effect.

For those of you who did (NextSignal, I think I saw you used some, too?) was your reasoning that you thought Pittsburgh would be that bad defensively? Or was it more the value, since the DET skaters were so cheap, you could load up their top lines and still have budget for virtually any other skaters you wanted?

Thanks!

• Dirt_Lavert

@TimmerRC said...

Not sure, Dirt…

Word. Looks like I wad a bit early and they just weren’t posted yet. They’re there now, but when I click on the dk links I can’t see the results unless I was in the contest (and I didn’t play in any contests, that’s why I wanted to check it out). Strange… maybe bcuz I’m on my phone and not pc…

• Dirt_Lavert

@TimmerRC said...

About yesterday… I notice that many of the big names like saahilsud etc. used a lot of Detroit lines to great effect.

I think that second line espeically had just been hot and Athanasiou (or however it’s spelled) has been a monster on the down low, he’s also cheap in that low to mid range pricing on dk. So pairing him with somebody was logical, and then stacking another line up was just the next option I suppose.

Are Pittsburgh weak defensively ? I’m honestly not quite sure. On DK I always look at the opponents ranking tab when you’re choosing your players. Once I noticed that not all positions like wings are rated the same thing I realized that there are obviously more advanced stats and metrics to gauge which specfic lines are better or worse defensively.

• TimmerRC

Well, their last couple of games, Pittsburgh has definitely been pretty bad, letting in 4-5 goals, but over their last 15-20 games they are generally pretty solid, at worst middle of the pack.

I could see another argument for using Det, actually, which I missed yesterday. Many of the teams that were obviously going to score some goals (Tor, Car, etc.) have depth, meaning up to 3 full lines that can score, and you can never be sure which line will hit (imagine the frustration if someone took Car1 last night, and Car2 the game before) whereas Detroit does seem to have one main scoring line right now going berserk. That, plus low price to roster them, plus a recently shaky Pittsburgh = sensible choice that I didn’t see…

• tristanwolf

I know i sound like a broken record but do they really need 150 max entries on a 3 game slate? 90 combos for all 3 lines of the 6 teams, 60 for top 2 each one. Breakaway not worth playing tonight.

• Dirt_Lavert

@tristanwolf said...

I know i sound like a broken record but do they really need 150 max entries on a 3 game slate? 90 combos for all 3 lines of the 6 teams, 60 for top 2 each one. Breakaway not worth playing tonight.

Pretty ridiculous yup.

Any sharp stacks on the 3 game 9 pm slate tonight gents? I have my eyes on MIN1/2, VAN2 and Granlund on the 3rd, CHI2 (obviously, why? Because they’re CHI2) and maybe CHI3, ANA1/2. Not loving St Louis but Parayko has been hot…

Who you liking for goalies too? I’m leaning Gibson but no 100% sure

• Scumpunch

RG Overall Ranking

@tristanwolf said...

I count 135 for the top 3 lines of each team, and 60 for the top 2 lines of each team

• Scumpunch

RG Overall Ranking

@Dirt_Lavert said...

Pretty ridiculous yup.

Any sharp stacks on the 3 game 9 pm slate tonight gents? I have my eyes on MIN1/2, VAN2 and Granlund on the 3rd, CHI2 (obviously, why? Because they’re CHI2) and maybe CHI3, ANA1/2. Not loving St Louis but Parayko has been hot…

Who you liking for goalies too? I’m leaning Gibson but no 100% sure

9pm slate? Where are you, Brazil?

It’s a 3 game slate, so basically everything is in play. That said, ANA2 is my favorite stack. Rolling Miller and Dubnyk in net.

• yuda

@tristanwolf said...

And tomorrow DK could have a nice seven game all day slate but instead only offer split slates of 3 and 4 games.

• tristanwolf

@Scumpunch said...

I count 135 for the top 3 lines of each team, and 60 for the top 2 lines of each team

You’re right, my math is off. You can play the #1 line of a team with 1,2, 3 of the other 5 teams. Would be 15 combinations x 6 teams=90.

• savedatmoneyquan

Do you guys mostly use your own research for NHL? Or use stuff like RG, Fantasy Labs, Cruncher etc…

• TimmerRC

I really think that in light of the maths you guys just threw down, the key to actually winning a small slate GPP must be the D-men… if you’ve got the right goalie, and the righ tmain stack, you’ll be in a blob along with dozens of others, so it’s that random d-man who will win it for you… see M. Niskanen in the Washington game this morning, if that game had been included… this is why I don’t tend to run a ton of money into short slates.

Single entry tourneys, or 3-entry max tourneys, only.

• Zieg30

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@Scumpunch said...

It’s a 3 game slate, so basically everything is in play. That said, ANA2 is my favorite stack. Rolling Miller and Dubnyk in net.

3 games slates are such a crapshoot. Even 4 game slates are kinda blah.

I’m playing, and am heavy on Anaheim and Vancouver (nothing fancy there). We’ll see how it all goes down.

Have a few PP stacks rather than full line stacks, but otherwise not doing much in the way of differentiation.

• TicketRaven

I think when someone has 750 lineups across 6 DFS websites and spends $3,000 a day on lineups, yes, you will find some strange winning lineups like Detroit players last night on winning GPP’s

If you are placing 10 lineups on one website and spending $20 or less per day on GPP and such, you will probably never be at the top of a $10,000 winning gpp. IMO

So, if you spend $20 or less on GPP’s per day – you will probably take down and bing a $25,000 price once or twice in 30 years. IMO

• TimmerRC

GL tonight, boys!

• Zieg30

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

Markstrom in net.

• Dirt_Lavert

@Scumpunch said...

9pm slate? Where are you, Brazil?

hahahah east coast man, I just realized it’s the NBA slate that is that late! This one starts at 7 pm

• Dirt_Lavert

@Scumpunch said...

That said, ANA2 is my favorite stack.

Love to see that I was all over this too. I had some Vancouver players in my lu but changed right before to MIN2 because the stack fit just as well.

lu was this for a DK GPP

Kesler, Sutter, Cogliano, Markus Granlund, Silferberg, Kieth, Hampus Lindholm, Gibson, Kane

now its

Kesler, Koivu, Cogliano, Mikeal Granlund, Silferberg, Kieth, Hampus Lindholm, Gibson, Zucker

Would love to hear some thoughts.

• Dirt_Lavert

hahah should have said guarantee some goals for the players I didn’t roster. Let Kane start that out hahahahaha

• Scumpunch

RG Overall Ranking

@Dirt_Lavert said...

Love to see that I was all over this too. I had some Vancouver players in my lu but changed right before to MIN2 because the stack fit just as well.

lu was this for a DK GPP

Kesler, Sutter, Cogliano, Markus Granlund, Silferberg, Kieth, Hampus Lindholm, Gibson, Kane

now its

Kesler, Koivu, Cogliano, Mikeal Granlund, Silferberg, Kieth, Hampus Lindholm, Gibson, Zucker

Would love to hear some thoughts.

Though I wasn’t on MIN2, I prefer the 2nd lineup from a lineup construction point of view. Main reason is that I don’t like Kane as a 1 off in GPPs. His scoring is so well correlated with Panarin and Anisimov that it’s very rare for him to have a big game without taking 1 or both of his linemates along with him.

• Brandon684

Meant to post this morning but I took down last night’s NHL $250 Daily FREE Contest on DK with a 59.20 thanks to Canes stack with Brock McGinn and his 0.70% ownership.

• mberkowi

• 2018 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@tristanwolf said...

Have you ever tried making 150 lineups? It doesn’t cover as much as you think even on a 2 or 3 game slate. Frankly, many people max entering on a slate like this will get hammered because the top prizes aren’t very exciting.

• TimmerRC

This 3 game slate is ass boring. Bring on tomorrow…

• mberkowi

• 2018 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@TicketRaven said...

So, if you spend $20 or less on GPP’s per day – you will probably take down and bing a $25,000 price once or twice in 30 years. IMO

Where are these $25,000 to 1st NHL contests? I would like to play. I also doubt anybody is running out 750 different lineups per night or whatever asinine figure you stated.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).