7:05 PM :  Carolina ( -140 ) at  N.Y. Rangers ( 120 ) —- T: 6u-10
    7:35 PM :  Florida ( 123 ) at  Montreal ( -136 ) —- T: 5½o-28
    7:35 PM :  Anaheim ( -110 ) at  Detroit ( -110 ) —- T: 5½o-15
    8:05 PM :  Washington ( 131 ) at  Nashville ( -145 ) —- T: 5½o-35
    8:05 PM :  Los Angeles ( 153 ) at  Minnesota ( -170 ) —- T: 5½u-15
    8:05 PM :  Vegas ( 110 ) at  Winnipeg ( -130 ) —- T: 6o-20
    8:35 PM :  Tampa Bay ( -150 ) at  Dallas ( 130 ) —- T: 6½u-20
    10:05 PM :  Pittsburgh ( 125 ) at  San Jose ( -145 ) —- T: 6½o-20

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• PhoFever

Looking at this slate, not excited at all. I am so, so, so not interested in trying to guess what’s going to happen in WSH/NSH, VGK/WPG, TB/DAL and PIT/SJ.

Going to be a good night to keep it simple and play the homer chalk: variations of CBJ1/2 with maybe a little priced-based filler from NYI, MIN, DET and WPG for true “team” revenge narrative factor. CBJ SHOULD by all means be able to handle NJ with Kinky in net, but NJ has been so damn pesky minus Hall. Fingers crossed.

Yahoo RG Forum NHL $1 6-Team 50-50: https://sports.yahoo.com/dailyfantasy/contest/4077014

• hautalak

I might like MIN based on all those goals they scored last night and they get a team that really isn’t good at anything this year. Also like TB coming off an ugly loss. If there is ever a night to play both TB lines I’d say it’s tonight…

I wonder if Bishop goes? In that case I like them even better! He’s so cheap on DK though (6.9K). Now I talked myself into a hedge.

And I hate DK 1.5K quarter GPPs!!! 3.33% up top c’mon!!! So now I have to play the mini max and hate that. Just my rant for the day.

• PocketsSloppy

$1 – 20 player – top 5

https://www.draftkings.com/draft/entry/1371850659

• dyavid

Let’s play who can spot the horribly mispriced priced on DK tonight

• hautalak

@dyavid said...

Think we touched upon that yesterday. Is the answer still Yandle?!

• dyavid

@hautalak said...

Think we touched upon that yesterday. Is the answer still Yandle?!

hahah ya wasnt on here yesterday. thats quite the oversight. Wonder what his ownership will be like tongiht

• hautalak

@dyavid said...

hahah ya wasnt on here yesterday. thats quite the oversight. Wonder what his ownership will be like tongiht

I figured. There was a bit of a “segment” on here about that. I think we said somewhere in the 60-75% range because of some people missing it. The debate was do you go 100% on him regardless of how many lineups you play. I think it was a majority yes but some said leave a few out. Forgot that this was part of tonight.

• dyavid

@hautalak said...

I figured. There was a bit of a “segment” on here about that. I think we said somewhere in the 60-75% range because of some people missing it. The debate was do you go 100% on him regardless of how many lineups you play. I think it was a majority yes but some said leave a few out. Forgot that this was part of tonight.

i was looking to play him at his 5k price so i’ll probably roll him out there in all my lineups. I’d say 100% for cash and 80% for gpps if i was making a bunch of lineups

• NIN1002

I always like it when Yahoo throws out a player for a single digit price amount. Doesn’t happen often. But, we all love the “free square” night. Unfortunately, I only play at Yahoo so no free square for me tonight. Which is too bad since I need the help.

#negativescoring # -4.2 #yesiscoredlessthanzeropoints #cantdoanyworsetonight #thanksfornothingjohntavaresandcamward

• PhoFever

@hautalak said...

Also like TB coming off an ugly loss. If there is ever a night to play both TB lines I’d say it’s tonight…

I can handle that narrative, and I’m tempted to play it. But I also know that sometimes when a great team suddenly gets manhandled (i.e vs. NYI) it can be symptomatic of some correction coming. Right now, Tampa has a record approaching where Jordan’s Bulls and the Golden State Warriors used to be at their mid-season peak. In NHL that’s just unheard of, and I’m not sure I trust it to keep going at this pace.

THAT being said, TB gets Toronto in a few days, so if they blow it tonight, at least they get some mediocrity on the schedule to get back on track!!! (Damn Leafs, you are killing me)

• hautalak

@PhoFever said...

I can handle that narrative, and I’m tempted to play it. But I also know that sometimes when a great team suddenly gets manhandled (i.e vs. NYI) it can be symptomatic of some correction coming.

If that’s the case game stack it! I think I’ll roll TB 1 and TB 2 and as for DAL idk how to handle them yet. I wonder where Cogliano goes? Looks like L2 with Spezza to me. Might give that the ol college try.

• Felixxberg

For me, the question is: At what price would you play Yandle over the other Ds of that price? If I like a lineup and I have $3.8K left for a D, I’ll still go with Yandle, because there’s no D I like more than him at that price or lower.

I’m almost always overweight on a punt D. Tonight, I get to do that with a decent D for the price of a punt. I might go overweight on him and another punt D like Mete or Kulikov to allow me to do some wild forward combos.

• StPaulMick

Felix, like Wild forward combos, or wild (and crazy) forward combos?

• hautalak

@StPaulMick said...

Hoping he means both! Hard for me not to like them after last night actually. Yeah the let up some goals but they scored a bunch too and the Kings blow.

• yisman

@dyavid said...

https://twitter.com/naparker77/status/1085235116941680640

Worth noting:

He’s 12th in FPPG among the D pool and 2 of the 11 ahead of him are out (Byfuglien and Dumba). I’m curious what happened to the algorithm to cause DK to list him 50% off. He was $5,000 in each of Florida’s last two games.

I would guess 60-70% ownership. Probably the best strategy for GPP players would be to match what you think the field will have. If I were mass entering, I would say to do 70% Yandle.

• Felixxberg

@StPaulMick said...

I meant wild/crazy, but I don’t hate the Wild players! It’s hard to know where scoring will come from though, because their lines are balanced.

• hautalak

Yahoo being behind again. Was going to give Cogliano a shot but he’s still on the Ducks there. I know the answer is not but does he accumulate points if he plays, even listed for the wrong team? Not sure why I want him but he’s min and a change of scenery can do good.

• yisman

@hautalak said...

Yahoo being behind again. Was going to give Cogliano a shot but he’s still on the Ducks there. I know the answer is not but does he accumulate points if he plays, even listed for the wrong team? Not sure why I want him but he’s min and a change of scenery can do good.

Their policy is a zero. I believe all the DFS sites do this. Usually happens when the trade occurs after the pool is posted.

• yisman

My guess on Yandle for GPPs in 65%. For large field cash games, 95%. Obviously talking DK here.

• PhoFever

@yisman said...

My guess on Yandle for GPPs in 65%. For large field cash games, 95%. Obviously talking DK here.

What about the DK Forum contest – 100%?

• hautalak

@PhoFever said...

What about the DK Forum contest – 100%?

Ill take the under but I got him!

Playing 3 lineups and adding a tiers triple up and and $0.25 GPP too. Good luck tonight fellas!

• PhoFever

Why is Carey Price being projected as the starter again on multiple sites? Stopping 41 shots last night in an overtime game and on a B2B, I would thank that would be stupid to start him.

• hautalak

Also Yahoo get me a 2nd gen quarter haha

• panters

Need three on the Yahoo Forum.

• panters

For all of you broke degenerates, like me, who cannot afford Center Ice, NBCSN is broadcasting a double header tomorrow night.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.