• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:05 PM :  Washington ( -129 ) at  Buffalo ( 110 ) —- T: 6u-12
    7:05 PM :  Chicago ( 230 ) at  Tampa Bay ( -270 ) —- T: 6½u-20
    7:05 PM :  Toronto ( -200 ) at  Ottawa ( 175 ) —- T: 6½o-20
    7:05 PM :  Pittsburgh ( 0 ) at  Philadelphia ( 0 ) —- T: —
    9:05 PM :  St. Louis ( 120 ) at  Colorado ( -140 ) —- T: 6u-15

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NHL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

Missing PIT-PHI!

I am not sure how I feel about the back-to-back repeat matchups. Provides some good insight into things, for sure, but just feels strange!

• BazookaDad

Seems like an easy night to me. Sens are on the slate, they will get crushed and they offer tons of value.

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

@Zieg30 said...

Missing PIT-PHI!

I am not sure how I feel about the back-to-back repeat matchups. Provides some good insight into things, for sure, but just feels strange!

Strange, it’s not on the page I use for the lines. I’ll add it manually.

• Boooooourns

• 2016 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@Zieg30 said...

I am not sure how I feel about the back-to-back repeat matchups.

So strange. Do you play the recency bias and go for the same guys that had success last game or switch it up and hope for lower ownership on the other guys?

• maddysdaddy0914

If you look back at Consecutive games against the same opponent. It is very hard to beat the same team 2x in a row. Especially in regular season.

The obvious exception is when there is a drastic disparity in the teams coupled with a day off in between (see Tampa).

Thinking of a Puck line bet on Buff for this exact reason.

I’m not sure what to do with Colorado. St Louis is a tough matchup for them systematically. Though I have a hard time seeing. Mackinnon quiet back to back. Just not sure I can pay for him at the expense of TBay or Tor1.

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@BazookaDad said...

Seems like an easy night to me. Sens are on the slate, they will get crushed and they offer tons of value.

Yep! Stuetzle at $2.5K is very intriguing. He crushed the World Juniors with a bad team (Germany) less than a month ago. Third overall pick already playing with Stepan (cheap) and Dadonov (very cheap). That line is actually all new as none of them was playing for Ottawa last year. Not sure what to expect, but they’re very cheap and Toronto can allow goals.

I like their first line too even though it’s more expensive!

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

The only recency bias I’d keep is TB crushing CHI. Subban is a bad goalie in front of an horrible team. Stamkos wants to prove he’s still good. TB should crush again. Maybe their depth though.

• PhoFever

@maddysdaddy0914 said...

I’m not sure what to do with Colorado.

Well, Landeskog is back up to L1 so that makes the decision a little clearer.

The consecutive games reminds me of the playoffs. From a DFS perspective, its a little tiring and perplexing in terms of which way to go. Then you add in B2B games and its really a head scratcher.

I went to bed last night thinking OTT, and woke up thinking OTT. I love TOR but don’t have faith in Fred locking it down yet.

• maddysdaddy0914

@PhoFever said...

The consecutive games reminds me of the playoffs. From a DFS perspective, its a little tiring and perplexing in terms of which way to go. Then you add in B2B games and its really a head scratcher.

I went to bed last night thinking OTT, and woke up thinking OTT. I love TOR but don’t have faith in Fred locking it down yet.

Similar to the playoffs. Except the intensity isn’t there. Especially with no training camp. These first few weeks are essentially preseason games for these guys.

While I love Landry back up with Mackinnon (own both in my dynasty league) I’m not sure Stl and specifically Binnington are who I want to target on this slate given the other options.

• Wammer44

X

• BazookaDad

@Wammer44 said...

MacKinnon smash
    Doubt it, but will perhaps be less owned due to Wednesday. Good luck tonight yall.

Why are you all so sure? MacKinnon has struggled vs the Blues in his career. Binnington should be starting again. I would temper my expectations.

• mr_papageorgio

@PhoFever said...

COL1 is way too cheap if this is true. They don’t standout for matchup but that’s really good value since Landeskog is only $5800 on DK.

• Steverino01

As an Avs fan, I so want to take COL1, but the Blues are always such a tough matchup for them. As far as Landy goes, coach Bednar loves switching him and Burakovsky around often, even in the middle of games. If things start out slow for COL1, Burakovsky will back skating with L1. I’ll probably have some of Colorado, but it may not be COL1.

One thing about back to back games, a lot of times it becomes chippy, which results in many power plays.

• cplatt87

Hoffman got his price adjusted up even though he didn’t play. How dare DK realize they horribly mispriced him.

• maddysdaddy0914

Liking what you can do if you plug in Norris and Batherson on FD. With it being a home game, I can see lots of plus matchups. Plus PP1 against a Toronto P.K. that looked atrocious. Might even throw Chabot there with them.

• PhoFever

Yes to Batherson and Chabot. Let’s not forget it’s a rivalry game and OTT tends to be very scrappy vs TOR.

• the_shashi

What happened to everyone’s pics?? we all look the same now.

COL1 is a strong pick tonight but I didn’t go there because I’m only focused on two lines. It almost made the cut.

• starsfan24

Gustaffson is a steal at $2900
    Stuetzle at $2500 is a lock.
    Farabee at $4300 is cheap for his role on the team.

• epot

@Zieg30 said...

Missing PIT-PHI!

yup definitely a different element this year…but the tendency is the losing team comes back strong especially in a shortened season. like we just knew mcd was going to light it up last night not wanting to start off 0-2.

• qatman

Thanks again for your help yesterday. I ended up with a very nice performance, largely in cash but did place 4/1100 or so in a small GPP with that cash lineup.

Strangely I am having a harder time making a cash lineup today with fewer options. I think I am playing Vas in goal but may switch to Ullmark or Binnington. Basically I am playing a bunch of TOR and then fading TB to fit in MacKinnon.

• cplatt87

Tyler Johnson is back in tonight, and at $2,800 on DK it’s basically impossible for me not to play him. He’ll be on the 2nd line and get PP time.

• OttawaCityMadman

Hoffman will be a go and still under priced.

• qatman

@cplatt87 said...

Tyler Johnson is back in tonight, and at $2,800 on DK it’s basically impossible for me not to play him. He’ll be on the 2nd line and get PP time.

Yes he is very tempting. Johnson 2800, Rodrigues 2900, JVR 3200, and pretty much all of OTT are in play; the problem is deciding which ones to take!

• BazookaDad

@qatman said...

Yes he is very tempting. Johnson 2800, Rodrigues 2900, JVR 3200, and pretty much all of OTT are in play; the problem is deciding which ones to take!

Even better than JVR is Nolan Patrick at 2900. Him and Gustafsson for a cheap 5800 combo.

Yea please!

• fultonian

WHERE R THE STARTING LINE- UPS

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).