• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:05 PM :  Washington ( -129 ) at  Buffalo ( 110 ) —- T: 6u-12
    7:05 PM :  Chicago ( 230 ) at  Tampa Bay ( -270 ) —- T: 6½u-20
    7:05 PM :  Toronto ( -200 ) at  Ottawa ( 175 ) —- T: 6½o-20
    7:05 PM :  Pittsburgh ( 0 ) at  Philadelphia ( 0 ) —- T: —
    9:05 PM :  St. Louis ( 120 ) at  Colorado ( -140 ) —- T: 6u-15

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NHL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• maddysdaddy0914

Stuetzle Birthday narrative?

• mfetzner

Keep in mind we are talking about a two game sample but all Canadian team games haven’t disappointed in scoring so far. 9,8,7,7 goals have been scored in the four games so I’ll be playing an OTT/TOR game stack to test this flimsy theory..

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

I didn’t like the options yesterday, but there are so many legit options today for a slate half as big!

• zovyn

If you’re looking for the RG page for starting lineups, it’s here:

https://rotogrinders.com/lineups/nhl?site=draftkings

You can also adjust it for Fanduel/Yahoo as appropriate.

EDIT: Weird. I posted this as an answer to somebody who asked on a general forum post and it moved here.

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

I see “classic” is covered for the forum so I added a $1 tiers if interested.

https://www.draftkings.com/contest/draftteam/101356345

• zovyn

Heads up all – I doubt any of you use this site anyway but – “advanced sports logic . com” has Vasilevskiy, Kucherov, and Mikheyev touted as the best 3 values on the slate tonight.

Somebody might want to let them know that 2 of those 3 are not good picks and that Vas isn’t really a “value” pick.

What I like best of all is that there is also this ad in the center of the page: “25% Off – 3-Year DFS Optimizer: Rapidly becoming the best there is!”

Not a lot of confidence there. :P

My initial FD gutline for tonight shows I’m full TB onslaught tonight but fading Stamkos, and rolling COL2 and TOR2 with Vasiline in net. Can’t say I hate it.

• fultonian

THANKS..

• Krausehouse

• 2020 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

Today in the cheap goalie department we have…

Matt Murray ($7100DK)
    -Provides huge leverage
    -Has a Stanley Cup
    -Is the cheapest
    Or
    Linus Ullmark ($7300DK)
    -Feels “safer”
    -Has a funny name
    -Watched opposition play yesterday
    -May be up against the opposition goalie named Vitek (maybe a even funnier name)

Yeah not sure any of what I just said helped my decision making…

• Mccurds13

@mfetzner said...

Keep in mind we are talking about a two game sample but all Canadian team games haven’t disappointed in scoring so far. 9,8,7,7 goals have been scored in the four games so I’ll be playing an OTT/TOR game stack to test this flimsy theory..

I expect this to largely be a trend. Theres no great defensive teams in the division. Some good goalies, but I stacked it in season long and until proven otherwise I’ll be heavy on them in DFS as well most nights.

• Steverino01

I felt a lot better about my lineup last night than I do tonight. Right now I’ve got COL2. Hoping for a Grubauer bounceback also. My heart is overruling my head right now.

• PhoFever

@Krausehouse said...

Today in the cheap goalie department we have…

Matt Murray ($7100DK)
    -Provides huge leverage
    -Has a Stanley Cup
    -Is the cheapest
    Or
    Linus Ullmark ($7300DK)
    -Feels “safer”
    -Has a funny name
    -Watched opposition play yesterday
    -May be up against the opposition goalie named Vitek (maybe a even funnier name)

Yeah not sure any of what I just said helped my decision making…

Ahh, someone else interested in name silliness! Bless your heart. Linus and Vitek have nothing on the Finnish guys, not to mention the nouveau WASP named guys like Tanner Fritz or Bronson Burgoon ( oh wait that’s golf).

• cplatt87

@Krausehouse said...

Linus Ullmark ($7300DK)

I actually considered him as my cash goalie tonight, since I think the Sabres will win and he should see a lot of shots.

The problem is if they win by a score of something like 5-4 (which is likely), he doesn’t really do a lot for me so I ended up elsewhere. I do like Ullmark for GPPs though

• panters

@the_shashi said...

What happened to everyone’s pics?? we all look the same now.

COL1 is a strong pick tonight but I didn’t go there because I’m only focused on two lines. It almost made the cut.

Good to have you back Mr. Belly. Congrats on your success last night.

• Boooooourns

• 2016 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

I also stacked the North Division in my season longs. Going to be a lot of scoring in those games I think. Some players I think are better than their prices are Malkin, Tavares, Kane, Hall, Dahlin and Rielly. Ottawa reminds me of Columbus last night, the whole team is too cheap.

• Volkster6

@Boooooourns said...

I also stacked the North Division in my season longs. Going to be a lot of scoring in those games I think. Some players I think are better than their prices are Malkin, Tavares, Kane, Hall, Dahlin and Rielly. Ottawa reminds me of Columbus last night, the whole team is too cheap.

Sometimes teams are cheap for a reason. Call me crazy, but I don’t feel as high on the cheap Ottawa stacks as you guys do.

• cplatt87

@Volkster6 said...

Sometimes teams are cheap for a reason. Call me crazy, but I don’t feel as high on the cheap Ottawa stacks as you guys do.

Agree with this. I think its too easy to get sucked into cheap guys on bad teams. They’re cheap for a reason

The only cheap Ottawa guy I’m playing is Stuetzle since he’s min priced.

• Volkster6

@cplatt87 said...

Agree with this. I think its too easy to get sucked into cheap guys on bad teams. They’re cheap for a reason

The only cheap Ottawa guy I’m playing is Stuetzle since he’s min priced.

Oh and it’s his birthday lol

• Boooooourns

• 2016 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

Hockey is different than other sports. Even the worst team in the league wins about 1/3 of their games. Ottawa is far from a sure thing but the Leafs give it up and someones going to be getting those shots.

• the_shashi

@panters said...

Good to have you back Mr. Belly. Congrats on your success last night.

thank you sir! good to see you and GOOD LUCK tonight!

• the_shashi

@Volkster6 said...

I’m with you on that.

• Krausehouse

• 2020 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@Boooooourns said...

Hockey is different than other sports. Even the worst team in the league wins about 1/3 of their games. Ottawa is far from a sure thing but the Leafs give it up and someones going to be getting those shots.

I agree with this Analysis about NHL 100%. Can’t always just play heavy favs, won’t go well long term.

• Steverino01

Just noticed that all of us that played Kaprizov last night on DK hit the Bargain Hunter achievement. That was easy.

• zovyn

Kaprizov was a great play last night again but I wish somebody had also mentioned that Hertl was min price on FD. :(

• Southie777

Absolutely gotten the bag beat out of me in the first two nights, but I’m feeling good for tonight! Nice little slate. Kind of liking PITT2, TB2, CHI1 (once again!), TOR1/TOR2. Good luck, all!

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@zovyn said...

Kaprizov was a great play last night again but I wish somebody had also mentioned that Hertl was min price on FD. :(

I’m pretty sure Canuckage did? Led me to add a SJ2-McD-RNH lineup in the FD $33. Had a chance at the top at one point, but Karlsson’s 0 torpedoed that shot.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).