• Blogger of the Month

7:05 PM :  New Jersey ( 135 ) at  N.Y. Islanders ( -160 ) —- T: 6o-15
    7:05 PM :  St. Louis ( 140 ) at  Boston ( -160 ) —- T: 5½u-25
    7:05 PM :  Chicago ( 110 ) at  N.Y. Rangers ( -130 ) —- T: 6½u-15
    7:35 PM :  Toronto ( 125 ) at  Tampa Bay ( -145 ) —- T: 6½o-40
    8:05 PM :  Winnipeg ( 130 ) at  Nashville ( -150 ) —- T: 6o-20
    8:05 PM :  Anaheim ( 155 ) at  Minnesota ( -175 ) —- T: 5½u-30
    8:35 PM :  Los Angeles ( 155 ) at  Dallas ( -175 ) —- T: 5½u-40

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• PhoFever

That IS you! That’s what I mean… your train is first in the $1 4-Max Yahoo contest. You’re an animal!

• yisman

can’t cash with Stalock

huge negative and Dubnyk came in

• Zieg30

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

My goodness that goal against HL kept me alive in the FHWC qualifier. JayWilly was about to take first by .1.

Now fading Carter-Doughty, Girardi, Hainsey, and likely other combinations that have a goalie’s 3 points left to come.

But it’s NOT early anymore, and it’s looking POSSIBLE.

• the_shashi

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@Zieg30 said...

From your mouth to God’s ears!

Out to an early first place in the $15! Haha. SO EARLY BUT CAN ALL POINT SCORING STOP NOW PLEASE

Edit: First periods over in the early games. Would like everything to remain the same pace so that I end up at 75.6 points flat at the end of the night, with no other NYR1-NYI1 combinations surpassing me.

I see you Zieg. GOOD LUCK rest of the night!

• Zieg30

@the_shashi said...

I see you Zieg. GOOD LUCK rest of the night!

Thanks, Shashi! Fricken anxious right now.

• deejones49

Calling for OT TOR/TB

• Zieg30

@deejones49 said...

Calling for OT TOR/TB

Oh please no. No Hainsey or Girardi blocks either! Or Hedman anything, Kuch anything, Stamkos’ line points.

• Canuckage

@Zieg30 said...

My goodness that goal against HL kept me alive in the FHWC qualifier. JayWilly was about to take first by .1.

Now fading Carter-Doughty, Girardi, and likely other combinations that have a goalie’s 3 points left to come.

But it’s NOT early anymore, and it’s looking POSSIBLE.

Lets goooooo! Will be sweating for you

• Zieg30

@Canuckage said...

Lets goooooo! Will be sweating for you

Picture is getting pretty clear now.

Looks like I’m seriously fading Henrique-Manson, Ellis-Ekholm, Doughty-Carter, and MOST CONCERNINGLY at the moment, a Gibson shutout (what a strange play).

• yisman

Home teams did poorly overall today which explains my bad scores.

also, top two scoring players on the night thus far:

Hedman and Greene

that really hurts as those were 2 that fit my price range on DK but I discarded them. Greene seemed overpriced given production and Hedman had gotten injured two games ago then played less than 20 minutes last game and we weren’t getting a discount (still 6K).

I was looking for a way not to use Doughty and those were two of the ways.

• Zieg30

A puck just can’t fricken trickle through Gibson’s pads here?

• Zieg30

Well this is crushing.

• Canuckage

@Zieg30 said...

Well this is crushing.

Sigh such an odd play to play Gibson while on a crazy losing streak and away :/

• the_shashi

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@Zieg30 said...

Well this is crushing.

sorry dude. Everybody feels your pain. That is some crazy messed up lineup- when Gibson = Lundqvist at that price point.

• Zieg30

@the_shashi said...

sorry dude. Everybody feels your pain. That is some crazy messed up lineup- when Gibson = Lundqvist at that price point.

Thanks. It truly is. That goalie hasn’t won in a month. And it’s not like I even needed to avoid the win. I just need this goalie who hasn’t had a good game in a month to just have a good game, not a GREAT game. The Wild had so many good chances. They just needed to put ONE in.

This hurts. Second place.

• Steverino01

I had a long day today so I only played a few quarter lineups and showdowns for Achievement purposes only, so did no real research and my results showed it.

And… So much for that Aberg revenge narrative…lol

• Zieg30

I need a NYI assist to be given to Leddy. Or a Boston assist to Miller.

Or for Lehner to not have given up that one useless goal in the 3rd, or for Gibson to have given up ONE.

• hautalak

Damn that’s a bad beat Zieg! I know it wasn’t much if anything but what was the “consolation” prize? Nice lineup and there was really no reason to pick Gibson and to luckbox into a shutout is ridiculous. Wild have been bad but on the road on a 12 game losing streak!? Just insane. I know you know but you played it right and just got unlucky. Get the next $15!!!

Congrats winners from last night! On to today.

• sirrobert6

• Blogger of the Month

@Zieg30 said...

I need a NYI assist to be given to Leddy. Or a Boston assist to Miller.

Or for Lehner to not have given up that one useless goal in the 3rd, or for Gibson to have given up ONE.

I look at this as chalking it up to how hard it’s actually to win at DFS.
    The amount of things you need right to happen, that should happen, and doesn’t, is absurd.

• PhoFever

ON an non DFS note, how nice was it to see TOR come out and stick it to the juggernaut! The question, is it the start of a run and do we go back to TOR tonight

• Zieg30

@hautalak said...

Damn that’s a bad beat Zieg! I know it wasn’t much if anything but what was the “consolation” prize? Nice lineup and there was really no reason to pick Gibson and to luckbox into a shutout is ridiculous. Wild have been bad but on the road on a 12 game losing streak!? Just insane. I know you know but you played it right and just got unlucky. Get the next $15!!!

Congrats winners from last night! On to today.

$120 for second place. Zero consolation given the top prize.

Gibson, ugh.

• hautalak

@Zieg30 said...

Gibson, ugh.

Hate how the NHL works sometimes! Throwing Gibson out on prayer and reaping the benefits. I’m over goalies this year!!!

• yisman

@Zieg30 said...

$120 for second place. Zero consolation given the top prize.

Gibson, ugh.

tough loss

yesterday was just brutal for me. NHL lost basically all bets and DFS.

Then NBA I was heavily on OKC/LAL under, and then I bet even more heavily on OKC ML live.

Lakers win in OT, it’s like they’re conspiring to make me lose every bet. Was an easy under in regulation.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).