• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:35 PM : Edmonton ( 0 ) at Florida ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    8:05 PM : Colorado ( 120 ) at Winnipeg ( -140 ) —- T: 120
    8:05 PM : Pittsburgh ( 0 ) at St. Louis ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    9:05 PM : Buffalo ( 135 ) at Arizona ( -155 ) —- T: 135
    10:35 PM : Ottawa ( 145 ) at San Jose ( -165 ) —- T: 145

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• pdidawg82

SC World Cup Bracket Champion

• Blogger of the Month

Panthers also on back-to-back, and have been our Corsi-ed, Shot, High-Dangered, etc. recently. Edit – And possibly (likely?) without Ekblad still…

Just seems like most people are on him for cash games. Now that I’m taking this much of a stand, you can 100% write him down for a 30 save SO, but I will be fading.

• tysim19

@pdidawg82 said...

Panthers also on back-to-back, and have been our Corsi-ed, Shot, High-Dangered, etc. recently.

Just seems like most people are on him for cash games. Now that I’m taking this much of a stand, you can 100% write him down for a 30 save SO, but I will be fading.

There is certainly a case to fade him. I find the cases to fade Stalock and Domingue to be much stronger though

• drakemurray

OTT1 for GPP tonight?

• pdidawg82

• Blogger of the Month

I think I’ve sufficiently reverse jinxed Montoya, so go ahead and plug him in everywhere.

• fanturds

moderately off topic, but do you guys think the 100 dollar january jam contest will fill up tomorrow?

• zork212

@fanturds said...

moderately off topic, but do you guys think the 100 dollar january jam contest will fill up tomorrow?

Not sure but since its guaranteed the less entrants is better for me 😎

• zork212

Feeling Hoffman might have a good night. Other than that I’m rolling the dice with Talbot and whatever meat puppet they put in for buffalo. This is for gpp and the slightly insane.

• mberkowi

• 2018 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@fanturds said...

I would be surprised if it didn’t. They’ve been loading up on qualifiers for a few weeks and 1900 entrants isn’ta huge number.

As far as Montoya, he’s not a good goalie. There’s nothing in his past that should make anybody think this 30 year old suddenly became a monster. The best case scenario is Florida goes back to greatly limiting chance (they haven’t done that with Ekblad out) and it’s a 16 save 2 goal win. No thank you.

• tysim19

A .910 Sv% in 6,500 minutes played is more or less an average goalie (maybe a tick below average). I don’t think anyone is trying to sell Montoya as a stud, but to say he is a ticking time bomb is a mischaracterization

• mberkowi

@maxeernst said...

Yeah, he’s just 7-1-1, 1.71, 0.937. Playing at home against EDM.

OK, what’s your over/under for his save percentage from now till the end of the year?

• elctrceye

• Blogger of the Month

@mberkowi said...

Hmm and Hendricks returns tonight. Somebody’s going to use him in FD GPP.

or Thornton, thats the only reason hes playing tonight

• jackofalltrades

Louie Louie for me. He is cheapest of playable options I considered. Stalock played against WPG but I don’t trust him yet. I’m playing a lot of skaters in that game and rooting for lots o’ goals. . .

• garybmw

You guys are heavily debating the FL/Edmonton game and I have no clue why. Vegas line moved from -170 FL to -130. the Under is 5 but a Heavy 5 so ur looking at a 2-1 game with an empty netter and a coin flip who takes it. Who cares who wins that game both teams are garbage

• dailysportreport

@fantasybender said...

Obviously going to regress but not a bad GPP option IMO with Stalock, Dominque being the ownership favorites tonight.

I don’t see why Stalock would be an ownership favorite tonight… High scoring game, could go either way. Lots of shots, but no guarantees…

Am I missing something with Elliot in net for the Blues? Lowest O/U for the night, and an at home favorite? PIT takes a decent amount of shots, and I think that the line should favor STL even more than -125. Seems like a little media juice built in on the PIT side of things… I would think Elliot would have pretty high ownership tonight. Just my 2 cents.

• jregger

@dailysportreport said...

I don’t see why Stalock would be an ownership favorite tonight… High scoring game, could go either way. Lots of shots, but no guarantees…

Am I missing something with Elliot in net for the Blues? Lowest O/U for the night, and an at home favorite? PIT takes a decent amount of shots, and I think that the line should favor STL even more than -125. Seems like a little media juice built in on the PIT side of things… I would think Elliot would have pretty high ownership tonight. Just my 2 cents.

Elliott has been widely inconsistent lately. Even as a Blues fan, its hard for me to even consider him for cash games.

• dailysportreport

@jregger said...

Elliott has been widely inconsistent lately. Even as a Blues fan, its hard for me to even consider him for cash games.

Fair enough… I like him quite a bit tonight to have a good game, but that usually means he’ll poop the sheets. We’ll see. I’m still not sold on Stalock, although I hope he has high ownership! I faded him in all 5 lineups…

• dailysportreport

For what it’s worth, I kind of like Hellebuyck as a GPP contrarian pick as well. I think the Jets will win tonight, and he should face a lot of shots. Can’t see him having very high ownership. Long shot, but who knows.

• deejones49

Top stack SJ

Number 2 stack WP

Top goalie Louis Domingue

• pdidawg82

• Blogger of the Month

@tysim19 said...

A .910 Sv% in 6,500 minutes played is more or less an average goalie (maybe a tick below average). I don’t think anyone is trying to sell Montoya as a stud, but to say he is a ticking time bomb is a mischaracterization

True.

• garybmw

Well guess FL/EDM hit the 5 over/under. Surprising. But still hows Montoya treating everyone tonight?

• mberkowi

@mberkowi said...

I would be surprised if it didn’t. They’ve been loading up on qualifiers for a few weeks and 1900 entrants isn’ta huge number.

As far as Montoya, he’s not a good goalie. There’s nothing in his past that should make anybody think this 30 year old suddenly became a monster. The best case scenario is Florida goes back to greatly limiting chance (they haven’t done that with Ekblad out) and it’s a 16 save 2 goal win. No thank you.

Not too far off. I warned everybody.

• pdidawg82

• Blogger of the Month

@mberkowi said...

Not too far off. I warned everybody.

You were not alone.

• mberkowi

Wheeler +20 Corsi and nothing to show for it is gross.

• garybmw

I bailed on Domingue. Had him in 30% of my lineups and switched to 10% once I read Pepsi’s absurd column praising how amazing he is and how Buffalo is a ‘struggling” team. Jesus do these “experts” even pay attention to the flippin games?? Domingue bombed in 2 straight starts and was given a “mental health day” by his coach. Buffalo on the other hand destroyed the best team in the NHL in the LAST game.

• garybmw

blank

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).