• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:35 PM :  Pittsburgh ( -105 ) at  Montreal ( -115 ) —- T: -105
    7:35 PM :  Arizona ( 170 ) at  Winnipeg ( -200 ) —- T: 170
    8:05 PM :  Boston ( -140 ) at  Detroit ( 120 ) —- T: -140
    9:35 PM :  Florida ( 0 ) at  Edmonton ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    10:35 PM :  San Jose ( 0 ) at  Los Angeles ( 0 ) —- T: 0

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• mavdizzle

I really don’t know where to go with the pens/Habs game. My gut tells me Habs win in a medium low score like 3 -2 or 2-1. But these teams have been slammed at the over the last few weeks. Admittedly I was anticipating a let down on the star/rangers last night but had a lot of NYR1 anyways. I’m a Habs fan so maybe it’s just wishful thinking that Price gets back in his groove at home. How are the rest of you feeling about this game as I think it could be the key to tonight’s slate.

• safeeyes

@mavdizzle said...

I really don’t know where to go with the pens/Habs game. My gut tells me Habs win in a medium low score like 3 -2 or 2-1.

I’m leaning towards PIT1 tonight, I am anticipating a lot of shots on goal.

I’m also taking a stab at WPG’s Goaltender (Pavelec) tonight vs ARI, he’s really cheap and I can see him coming away with a win at home

• StanHalen

Will the Alex Burmistrov revenge narrative be in full effect?

• cplatt87

I’m all over the Coyotes tonight. Pavelec is a terrible goaltender.

• Codith

I don’t want to go heavy on ARI…mainly because most of their players are shit. Perlini though is a very interesting pick. 3rd line but WPG’s 3rd line is trash so it may be a nice punt that hits 5-6X value

• cplatt87

I think Arizona’s PP1 (maybe minus Burmistrov unless you want to ride down narrative street) is in play too against one of the most penalty prone and worst PK teams in the league. Don’t like their PP2 as much since like you said, most of those players are shit

• Indycrocodile

• Blogger of the Month

@cplatt87 said...

I’m all over the Coyotes tonight. Pavelec is a terrible goaltender.

Couldn’t agree more. I hope the entire world plays Pavelec as my single bullet LU will not contain him. Now that I’ve said that he’ll fend off 38 shots and get the SO.

• PhoFever

I’m thinking Red Wings stack tonight at home vs. Rask. That leaves some nice salary room for a possible splurge on McDavid or Crosby…the question is who to trust more out of those two. McDavid hasn’t scored a goal in forever, and I don’t want to miss it when he goes off.

• zombiekopitar

@Indycrocodile said...

Couldn’t agree more. I hope the entire world plays Pavelec as my single bullet LU will not contain him. Now that I’ve said that he’ll fend off 38 shots and get the SO.

Can’t decide if it’s a prime spot to play Coyotes offense or ride Pavelec, they are both just so terribad.

Hanzal is out tonight fwiw.

• Codith

Hanzal-less coyotes I can’t see stopping the jets. I like Perlini a lot but that is where it stops. I think even for GPP there are better options. Hanzal was probably the main hope in shutting down that top line from the jets, now they should feast on them.

• zombiekopitar

@Codith said...

Hanzal-less coyotes I can’t see stopping the jets. I like Perlini a lot but that is where it stops. I think even for GPP there are better options. Hanzal was probably the main hope in shutting down that top line from the jets, now they should feast on them.

That may be true on the defensive side…but Hanzal isn’t even who you should be targeting for offense, I think there are a few guys in a better spot now with him out.

• Codith

I am not saying I would even consider Hanzal on offense. What he brings to the table is what he is able to do defensively. Him not being in the line-up makes me think Jets #1 puts a pounding to them. The only thing that I could see being a favorable situation for the coyotes is that they are going up against a guy in net whose career is pretty much done. I mean sure for GPP its worth throwing a line in for say vrbata/burm/OEL…..but I wouldn’t touch that in cash with a 50 foot pole.

• B_Edelman

Everyone please go all in on the desert dogs.

• TacoCatOP

Pavelec is either not finishing game after conceding 5 or 30+ saves and SO, nothing else :D

• Codith

It really is essentially a coin flip like that haha

• shamrock77s

Logan Couture out with an illness, LWL shows Marleau centering Boedker and Labanc on 2nd line. I would imagine that Marleau also will move up to PP1. With Donskoi also being put on IR, think this is a good spot to take a lot of LA2 at home.
    As far as Pavelec goes, I think this is a great opportunity for him to get back in the rotation with Hellebuyck playing so inconsistent and Hutchinson being absolutely putrid. If Pavelec can’t get it done against AZ, he is finished, and I hope he plays like he knows that.

• maxeernst

Pavelec sucks, but people seem to be overrating the significance of goalie skill.

The Jets are still a solid defensive team at even strength. Their special teams struggles are well documented. Pavelec sucks but you’re getting substantial savings and the match-up is one of the best the Jets could possibly have.

• cplatt87

@maxeernst said...

Pavelec sucks, but people seem to be overrating the significance of goalie skill.

The Jets are still a solid defensive team at even strength. Their special teams struggles are well documented. Pavelec sucks but you’re getting substantial savings and the match-up is one of the best the Jets could possibly have.

While this is normally true, the Jets have been a tire fire both at even strength and short handed the last few games. They got lit up by Montreal and followed that up by giving up 4 in the first period to Arizona last Friday. Granted they looked better in LA on Saturday but they were garbage again in San Jose on Monday.

Normally I’d target the Jets in this spot, but watching this team every game they are just not playing well in any fashion right now. Add in a below replacement level goalie and you have a recipe for disaster. Just my 2 cents

• tmquint11

I’m choosing to believe the narrative that the Jets are desperate for a spark and they come out fired up! Win the game 5-3. Pavelec gets the win and gets 30 saves and I use the savings and roll out two beast defenseman in every lineup. Boom!

• maxeernst

@cplatt87 said...

While this is normally true, the Jets have been a tire fire both at even strength and short handed the last few games. They got lit up by Montreal and followed that up by giving up 4 in the first period to Arizona last Friday. Granted they looked better in LA on Saturday but they were garbage again in San Jose on Monday.

Normally I’d target the Jets in this spot, but watching this team every game they are just not playing well in any fashion right now. Add in a below replacement level goalie and you have a recipe for disaster. Just my 2 cents

If they were playing an NHL caliber team I might agree, but this Coyotes club is putrid. You’re getting savings on Pavelec to balance out some of the negatives as well.

Also: I’m not one to weigh small samples heavily either way, but the Jets have the 10th-lowest xGA/60 over the last two weeks (all situations with no adjustments). Certainly a disparity there between actual goals against and expected. Unlucky it would seem.

• cplatt87

The price on Pavelec I will admit is appealing, but I’m still not touching him tonight.

• lfn1992

Have a weird hunch that the SJ/LA game will be a lot higher scoring than people might think. Some desperation to that game for LA as it’s pretty critical for them and SJ is really banged up… which can lead to some good opportunities for SJ, too. I could see a 5-4, 6-5 loopyfest.

• epot

Why do I have this feeling Reimer is gonna stand on his head tonight, which he is known to do once in awhile?

• TicketRaven

Go Reimer
    Go Jets
    Go Pens Line2

• TimmerRC

Good luck, gang!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).