7:08 PM :  Los Angeles ( 145 ) at  Philadelphia ( -165 ) —- T: 6u-20
    7:08 PM :  Vegas ( -130 ) at  Montreal ( 110 ) —- T: 5½o-20
    7:08 PM :  Chicago ( 180 ) at  Toronto ( -210 ) —- T: 6½o-25
    7:08 PM :  Florida ( -210 ) at  Detroit ( 175 ) —- T: 6½o-20
    7:08 PM :  New Jersey ( 165 ) at  Columbus ( -185 ) —- T: 5½u-15
    8:08 PM :  Buffalo ( 165 ) at  Nashville ( -185 ) —- T: 6o-15
    9:08 PM :  Nashville ( -115 ) at  Minnesota ( -105 ) —- T: 5o-25
    10:08 PM :  San Jose ( 140 ) at  Vancouver ( -160 ) —- T: 6o-15

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NHL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• ifthethunder

Good morning people. My Auston Matthews rule is “Is he playing today? Then put him in the lineup.” But I want to load up on Florida, and that 8,400 salary makes it tough. I’ll play him in tiers at any rate.
    ~

• marker0357

I may go oppo and play TOR2 instead, possibly with CLB or FLA.

• tristanwolf

@ifthethunder said...

Good morning people. My Auston Matthews rule is “Is he playing today? Then put him in the lineup.” But I want to load up on Florida, and that 8,400 salary makes it tough. I’ll play him in tiers at any rate.
    ~

kind of love a game stack for that. last time they played was 9 goals. matthews and kane seem to try to one up each other. and kane only 2 points away from 1,000 career.

• PocketsSloppy

DK $1 – 25 Player – Top 5 Results

coochnux – 130.5
    baahstonbotfly – 128.2*
    hautalak – 128.2*
    nhw72179 – 127.5
    flipp39 – 120.4

• PocketsSloppy

DK $1 – 25 Player – Top 5 (1/18 – 7:00 PM)

Filled

• hautalak

Congrats winners! I see quite a few forum members high up on the leaderboard. Way to represent and keep going. Looks like you guys might have a refreshed BR too.

As for today, haven’t gotten to getting started. Don’t see the smash spots off the bat.

• rannas23

Hi kind of new to watching and learning about hockey. Been playing some low stakes games to get a feel of NHL hockey. What NHL stats do you focus on to help with building your NHL fantasy team? I know its luck like any other sport but wanted to make sure I’m focusing on the right stats and information out there. Are there other resources besides rotogrinders thats good to use or look at besides rotogrinders…for NHL purposes? Thanks for any feedback.

• ifthethunder

@PocketsSloppy said...

DK $1 – 25 Player – Top 5 Results

coochnux – 130.5
    baahstonbotfly – 128.2*
    hautalak – 128.2*
    nhw72179 – 127.5
    flipp39 – 120.4

Congrats to coochnux!

My Mr. Pockets entry (tired Lightning) was terrible. But I did win dime time for the first time! With angry Lightning.
    ~

• mr_papageorgio

@rannas23 said...

Hi kind of new to watching and learning about hockey. Been playing some low stakes games to get a feel of NHL hockey. What NHL stats do you focus on to help with building your NHL fantasy team? I know its luck like any other sport but wanted to make sure I’m focusing on the right stats and information out there. Are there other resources besides rotogrinders thats good to use or look at besides rotogrinders…for NHL purposes? Thanks for any feedback.

Welcome! Natural Stat Trick has all the team and individual stats you could ever want. Daily faceoff has line and goalie info and those are the 2 I use aside from RG.

There are a few different ways to build a LU but mostly you either want to stack a full line or play 2 guys from a line plus a correlated defensemen. You can also stack power play lines. Main point is you want some correlation. If you’re playing on DK you can get away with more one offs if they are guys who are likely to get any of the 3 point bonuses.

There are others here who dig a lot deeper into stats than me but I mostly look at high and medium danger chances for and against to identify mismatches. I also look at the travel schedule to see if anyone might be playing on tired legs (PIT last night. Although TB should have been exhausted and they looked ok lol)

• hautalak

There’s a lot you can do for NHL “research”. The site I think we all use the most is dailyfaceoff. We use it for mostly lines, but from the lines you can see their stats on the “stats” tab. You can get the last 5 games, 10 games, or season I think. We look for shots and blocks for the bonus aspects, assists, goals, and for defensemen time on ice (TOI). There’s a lot more to it but that’s the basics for me.

One other site people use is natural stat trick (one word I think). I can’t confirm what they have but it has a lot of things to look at.

Last but not least we look for guys that are cheap and have moved up on a line or play of the PP. these are the value plays and sometimes “punts” or non-offs.

• zovyn

@rannas23 said...

Some sites to check out (other than Rotogrinders, which is always my first stop) for analysis/picks to get you started:

Daily Starting Goalies: leftwinglock.com, dailyfaceoff.com
    Picks/analysis: NHL.com fantasy section, Rotowire, dailyfantasysportsranking.com (fyi I hate this site for any sport except hockey), dailyfantasyinsider.com
    Projections: sportsline.com, numberfire.com

• sirrobert6

• Blogger of the Month

Forgotten Value Plays, Jan 18/20

if you like it please give it a thumbs up and comment!!

• ifthethunder

• yisman

Heiskanen out with a concussion

• ifthethunder

Dang. Gudas kicks in an own goal.
    ~

• keephustlincuz

@yisman said...

Heiskanen out with a concussion

Makes Lindell a little interesting.

• tristanwolf

welcome rannas. some good advice from the fellas above. another good one if you are on twitter, user ycmmat has a good booked list for individual team info, good for late changes or guys that may be game time decisions.
    https://twitter.com/ycmmat/lists

man there are so many smash spots today. lol i want chicago, toronto, florida, philly, columbus, vancouver…

• Zieg30

@tristanwolf said...

welcome rannas. some good advice from the fellas above. another good one if you are on twitter, user ycmmat has a good booked list for individual team info, good for late changes or guys that may be game time decisions.
    https://twitter.com/ycmmat/lists

man there are so many smash spots today. lol i want chicago, toronto, florida, philly, columbus, vancouver…

I’m on TOR 1/2, FLA 1/2, LAK 1, and CBJ 1, primarily. With some VAN 2 and NSH 2 sprinkled in on FD.

• zovyn

@sirrobert6 said...

Forgotten Value Plays, Jan 18/20

if you like it please give it a thumbs up and comment!!

Thanks for the writeup, love your posts.

• zovyn

n/m issue resolved

• Felixxberg

Nick Suzuki revenge game?

• Felixxberg

@ifthethunder said...

~

The rule should be “Is he playing at home today?”

He has 27G, 12A (39 pts) and 109 SOG in 24 home games, but 7G, 11A (18 pts) and 79 SOG in 24 road games.

• ifthethunder

HAT TRICK OVECHKIN!!!!!

Do not taunt the tiger, Isles.

https://russianmachineneverbreaks.com/2020/01/18/devon-toews-taunts-capitals-does-evgeny-kuznetsovs-bird-celly-after-scoring/
    ~

• tristanwolf

@ifthethunder said...

HAT TRICK OVECHKIN!!!!!

Do not taunt the tiger, Isles.

https://russianmachineneverbreaks.com/2020/01/18/devon-toews-taunts-capitals-does-evgeny-kuznetsovs-bird-celly-after-scoring/
    ~

ahhhh i almost always have some ovie. thought i’d be sly with the fade on a 3 game slate.

then come back to see none of my 4 oilers have any of the 3 goals. welp on to tonight!

• ifthethunder

I ‘completed my $3 DK mission’ with an early double-up. I have Draisaitl and McDavid in it (not doing much…yet). But Ovechkin, Wilson, and even Dmitry Orlov !?!? look like they’ve done enough to put me well over the line.
    ~

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.