• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:05 PM :  Edmonton ( 130 ) at  Toronto ( -150 ) —- T: 6½o-20
    9:05 PM :  San Jose ( 160 ) at  St. Louis ( -180 ) —- T: 6u-10
    9:35 PM :  Minnesota ( -135 ) at  Anaheim ( 115 ) —- T: 5o-30
    10:05 PM :  Montreal ( -125 ) at  Vancouver ( 105 ) —- T: 6o-30
    10:05 PM :  Arizona ( 175 ) at  Vegas ( -200 ) —- T: 5½o-20

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NHL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• PhoFever

Dumb Yahoo didn’t include the TOR/EDM game on the main slate. What’s the deal?

Wondering what people’s thoughts are about how to handle TOR/EDM. I have no faith in TOR defense and could easily foresee a Leo brace or hat trick. He comes at a discount on FD. However, Freddy had a good game against WPG, and if it’s the start of a heater. I could see an outcome where EDM is held down by an outstanding goalie performance, and so I’m inclined to lean more heavily on TOR players.

Then there is the other crazy option of fading all or almost all of that game and focusing on another game with a higher O/U. MTL is tempting, and Price likes his homecoming games. But VAN is back on home ice and probably pretty angry from getting waxed three in a row. No goals yet for Pettie. Wondering if VAN1 might have a good night finally.

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

My tilt from yesterday is gone. Back to the drawing board. Will we see Puljujarvi in the top 6?

Also, is it me or there’s a new guy in town every year? Never heard of rhinorobot, but he’s now crushing NHL.

• PhoFever

@Felixxberg said...

Never heard of rhinorobot, but he’s now crushing NHL.

So he’s the new BKreider, eh. I didn’t see him on the FD Breakaway leaderboard; maybe he’s just DK for now.

• Felixxberg

@PhoFever said...

So he’s the new BKreider, eh. I didn’t see him on the FD Breakaway leaderboard; maybe he’s just DK for now.

I thought I wouldn’t have to swim with the sharks in SD, but he’s there too. There are a few guys grinding SD with me that hit the top frequently. Weird to see rhelt24 grind those, too, as I have seen him win $100K+ more than once in NFL SD. Why does he bother?

• Felixxberg

I hate to bet against my hometown Habs, but VAN1 feels cheap!

• Southie777

@PhoFever said...

Wondering what people’s thoughts are about how to handle TOR/EDM. I have no faith in TOR defense and could easily foresee a Leo brace or hat trick. He comes at a discount on FD. However, Freddy had a good game against WPG, and if it’s the start of a heater. I could see an outcome where EDM is held down by an outstanding goalie performance, and so I’m inclined to lean more heavily on TOR players.

Then there is the other crazy option of fading all or almost all of that game and focusing on another game with a higher O/U. MTL is tempting, and Price likes his homecoming games. But VAN is back on home ice and probably pretty angry from getting waxed three in a row. No goals yet for Pettie. Wondering if VAN1 might have a good night finally.

Yeah, really hard to know what to do with that game. Think I’m just doing a few where I go heavy on it and a few where I almost completely fade it. No idea what to expect!

• cplatt87

@PhoFever said...

I’m hammering in Matthews and McDavid into my cash lineup without hesitation tonight. McDavid in particular has had 2 duds in a row. He NEVER has 3, so I expect a big game from him tonight.

This game smells like a 5-4 type game, so I’m going to have lots of pieces of it in both cash and GPPs

• Southie777

Hey, I don’t usually pay much (if any) attention to advanced hockey stats, but I just want to look into a few things. Anyone have a good (free) source that shows both individual and whole line advanced stats? Thanks!

• Stangs13

Felix, I have fallen in love with nhl showdown this year. I think I like it better than classic. The problem is I feel like there aren’t many good tournaments. If you don’t mind me asking what tournaments do you normally play?

• CheetosAddict

7 places left in the Forum Contest: https://www.draftkings.com/draft/contest/101705699

• maddysdaddy0914

Just play Price back home.

• BaroneStyle

Links not working. Can you resend to me? Thanks!

• Felixxberg

@Stangs13 said...

Felix, I have fallen in love with nhl showdown this year. I think I like it better than classic. The problem is I feel like there aren’t many good tournaments. If you don’t mind me asking what tournaments do you normally play?

I agree that there aren’t many good contests. I normally just play the main one (normally between $8 and $15) and sometimes satellites. They’re very top heavy, so you need a top 5 to make it worth, but top 5 is achievable. There are many edge spots when you verify lines and starting goalies. It can burn you though, like yesterday with Detroit’s new lines.

• Stangs13

@Felixxberg said...

I agree that there aren’t many good contests. I normally just play the main one (normally between $8 and $15) and sometimes satellites. They’re very top heavy, so you need a top 5 to make it worth, but top 5 is achievable. There are many edge spots when you verify lines and starting goalies. It can burn you though, like yesterday with Detroit’s new lines.

Where do you normally find updated lines? I normally use LWL but it doesnt always update in time.

• cplatt87

@Stangs13 said...

Where do you normally find updated lines? I normally use LWL but it doesnt always update in time.

I check specific teams beat writers feeds on twitter during warm ups. They will tweet out warmup lines ~20 mins before puck drop which will give you confirmation on what they’re at least starting with.

• Felixxberg

@Southie777 said...

Hey, I don’t usually pay much (if any) attention to advanced hockey stats, but I just want to look into a few things. Anyone have a good (free) source that shows both individual and whole line advanced stats? Thanks!

I personally paid for one. It depends on what you mean by “advanced”.

• Felixxberg

@cplatt87 said...

I check specific teams beat writers feeds on twitter during warm ups. They will tweet out warmup lines ~20 mins before puck drop which will give you confirmation on what they’re at least starting with.

Yep, exactly. Pin that link: https://twitter.com/LineMatching/lists.

• Southie777

@Felixxberg said...

Yep, exactly. Pin that link: https://twitter.com/LineMatching/lists.

Haha, just found a bunch of people on here’s Twitter accounts, went to that link and looked at the followers. Who the hell else is going to follow an account like that, except us degens?! Thanks for that, though, very helpful!

• Southie777

@Felixxberg said...

I personally paid for one. It depends on what you mean by “advanced”.

Just meant the CF and CA for different lines and what not, nothing crazy. No big deal, just wanted to look into a couple of things.

• Felixxberg

@Southie777 said...

Haha, just found a bunch of people on here’s Twitter accounts, went to that link and looked at the followers. Who the hell else is going to follow an account like that, except us degens?! Thanks for that, though, very helpful!

No problem! It’s run by Adam Daly-Frey, who used to work for DFO. He took it from ycmmat, who’s a grinder known for his funny tweets and winning $100K with one lineup two years ago.

• Felixxberg

@Southie777 said...

Just meant the CF and CA for different lines and what not, nothing crazy. No big deal, just wanted to look into a couple of things.

https://www.naturalstattrick.com/ has everything you need, but it’s very hard to use, which is why I prefer paying to have it summarized.

http://moneypuck.com/lines.htm has some useful info, even though it’s a little too early in the season to use it in my opinion.

http://www.shiftchart.com/ is the best place to look for to see which D plays with which line.

It’s possible to get everything for free, but you have to work for it! I assume RG has a paid service, so I won’t tout any other one.

• Boooooourns

• 2016 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

Toronto and Edmonton are two of the chalkiest teams in the league playing against each other in the only early game of the night. Going to have massive ownership. Game theory just screams to fade it but not sure if I can.

• Stangs13

@Boooooourns said...

Toronto and Edmonton are two of the chalkiest teams in the league playing against each other in the only early game of the night. Going to have massive ownership. Game theory just screams to fade it but not sure if I can.

Agreed, but do we really see a way that this isnt a 4-3 type game. Maybe the only hope is that two other lines can go off and that combo beats anything in that game.

• PhoFever

Yeah. If you’re someone like me who really has yet to learn to pull the “Game Theory” trigger, tonight is the night. I think I’ll play one of my four lines with an almost full fade except for just a Matthews or McDavid one off. But my other three lines will surely have lots of pieces.

I just can’t see the game being low scoring. The more likely possibility is that there are lots of goals, but of the Engvall/Chiasson/Kuhan sort. That would work in favor of the GPP fade just as much as if the game is surprisingly low scoring.

• Stangs13

I wonder what the VGK ownership will be compared to TOR and EDM. Roughly priced the same, and they were successful vs AZ last time out.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).