7:05 PM : 5 Ottawa ( 110 ) at 6 New Jersey ( -130 ) —- T: 110
    7:05 PM : 7 Philadelphia ( 140 ) at 8 Pittsburgh ( -160 ) —- T: 140
    7:35 PM : 9 Carolina ( 100 ) at 10 Toronto ( -120 ) —- T: 100
    7:35 PM : 11 Chicago ( -105 ) at 12 Tampa Bay ( -115 ) —- T: -105
    8:05 PM : 13 Nashville ( 100 ) at 14 Winnipeg ( -120 ) —- T: 100
    8:35 PM : 15 Edmonton ( 170 ) at 16 Dallas ( -200 ) —- T: 170
    9:05 PM : 17 San Jose ( -125 ) at 18 Arizona ( 105 ) —- T: -125
    10:35 PM : 19 Minnesota ( 0 ) at 20 Los Angeles ( 0 ) —- T: 0

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• ShowMeYourHITS

OK guys (and ladies?) I have a simple request….

I read these forums everyday, and really enjoy the insight and analysis many of you have to offer. I’m usually a low level cash game/league player on DraftKings. I don’t dabble in GPPs often, unless I throw my cash LU in on the assumption that if it hits, I’ll cash. The other night I won a satellite to the $20 Qualifier for the DK Fantasy Hockey Championship for tonight. I’m hoping to get some ideas and advice as to how to approach this tournament. I only have the one entry, going up against potentially 1170 other entries. I have my research system and am confident in it, yet I’m not sure how it will translate to a tournament approach.

I know a lot of you on this forum are GPP players, so any advice, suggestions, warnings, or what-have-you would be great. Thanks in advance, and I look forward to continuing to read what you all have to say today and in the future!

Happy Grinding!

• willyp133

Great slate tonight. Lots of GPP action on both sites, make sure we fill these things so they keep them coming.

• pdidawg82

SC World Cup Bracket Champion

• Blogger of the Month

@ShowMeYourHITS said...

OK guys (and ladies?) I have a simple request….

I read these forums everyday, and really enjoy the insight and analysis many of you have to offer. I’m usually a low level cash game/league player on DraftKings. I don’t dabble in GPPs often, unless I throw my cash LU in on the assumption that if it hits, I’ll cash. The other night I won a satellite to the $20 Qualifier for the DK Fantasy Hockey Championship for tonight. I’m hoping to get some ideas and advice as to how to approach this tournament. I only have the one entry, going up against potentially 1170 other entries. I have my research system and am confident in it, yet I’m not sure how it will translate to a tournament approach.

I know a lot of you on this forum are GPP players, so any advice, suggestions, warnings, or what-have-you would be great. Thanks in advance, and I look forward to continuing to read what you all have to say today and in the future!

Happy Grinding!

Max of 35 entries I believe, so every popular stack combo will be covered. You either need to incorporate one really contrarian stack, or just use a non-standard GPP approach – (one 3-man stack with 1-offs, 2 D-man stack involved somewhere, etc.).

• thehustle

A McCann/D.Sedin stack could be reasonably contrarian since people might be off Daniel with Henrik being out. That stack has a reasonable floor based on average SOG. Only issue I see is so far they don’t play on the same PP unit.

• garybmw

@ShowMe …. don’t get your hopes up. My only advice, I saw Hawks, Beep AND Monarch in there…. lol

• FIREDOGG85

new to this hockey ,,so my question is do you pick a goalie thats going up against ateam that puts off alot of shots??

• ShowMeYourHITS

@garybmw said...

@ShowMe …. don’t get your hopes up. My only advice, I saw Hawks, Beep AND Monarch in there…. lol

Yes…. I see the sharks circling me. I am the guppie.

• ShowMeYourHITS

@pdidawg82 said...

Max of 35 entries I believe, so every popular stack combo will be covered. You either need to incorporate one really contrarian stack, or just use a non-standard GPP approach – (one 3-man stack with 1-offs, 2 D-man stack involved somewhere, etc.).

Thanks for the advice!

• ShowMeYourHITS

@FIREDOGG85 said...

new to this hockey ,,so my question is do you pick a goalie thats going up against ateam that puts off alot of shots??

Depends on what contest type you are entering, but in short, yes. Goalies that see a ton of shots and have the best chance at a win are your best options.

• FIREDOGG85

is Connor Hellebuyck
    a good choice for tonight slate??? i don’t know if i’.m allowed to to ask this??

• drewbee30

Hi guys!! To my regulars in the DK leagues I was running, I figured I would just fill you in to what has been up. I was down in Costa Rica for a few days checking out the country. Needless to say the last thing on my mid was DFS. I’ll be heading off to Nicaragua on Tuesday to do some hiking and check out the sights. So sad to say, I’m probably throwing in the towel with running it. I’ve just got too many things going on, and I usually come back from my travels with a different mindset. I’ve been tossing in a couple lineups nightly into the $2 multipliers, and wouldn’t you know it, I finished 2nd and 3rd in one last night. Just used the knowledge in my head, ha! All skill, no luck at all, ha!! Anyways, I’ll probably pop on from time to time just to amuse myself, but just wanted to thank the regulars, it was fun while it lasted. Good luck!!

• ShowMeYourHITS

@drewbee30 said...

Hi guys!! To my regulars in the DK leagues I was running, I figured I would just fill you in to what has been up. I was down in Costa Rica for a few days checking out the country. Needless to say the last thing on my mid was DFS. I’ll be heading off to Nicaragua on Tuesday to do some hiking and check out the sights. So sad to say, I’m probably throwing in the towel with running it. I’ve just got too many things going on, and I usually come back from my travels with a different mindset. I’ve been tossing in a couple lineups nightly into the $2 multipliers, and wouldn’t you know it, I finished 2nd and 3rd in one last night. Just used the knowledge in my head, ha! All skill, no luck at all, ha!! Anyways, I’ll probably pop on from time to time just to amuse myself, but just wanted to thank the regulars, it was fun while it lasted. Good luck!!

Best of luck to you Drew…. the leagues were fun.

• fantasybender

@ShowMeYourHITS said...

I only have the one entry, going up against potentially 1170 other entries

My opinion on a tournament this size is that two 3-man offensive stacks is the sweet spot. But like @pdidawg82 said, you need to be contrarian but I don’t think that means picking contrarian stacks per se, just two stacks that wont be highly owned together. My personal favorite is picking two 3-man stacks playing against each other. My research suggests that, on slates this large, two 3-man stacks playing against each other are going consistently under-owned (as a group of 6). Whether it be human nature to go elsewhere after selecting your first stack, fear of negative correlation, or better options elsewhere is beyond me. I know stacking a single game isn’t revolutionary but thought I’d mention what I’ve seen in the ownership numbers. There are many other approaches that can make you unique (overstacking, D stacking, singletons), but this is my personal favorite since it keeps the offensive correlations together.

• ShowMeYourHITS

@fantasybender said...

My opinion on a tournament this size is that two 3-man offensive stacks is the sweet spot. But like @pdidawg82 said, you need to be contrarian but I don’t think that means picking contrarian stacks per se, just two stacks that wont be highly owned together. My personal favorite is picking two 3-man stacks playing against each other. My research suggests that, on slates this large, two 3-man stacks playing against each other are going consistently under-owned (as a group of 6). Whether it be human nature to go elsewhere after selecting your first stack, fear of negative correlation, or better options elsewhere is beyond me. I know stacking a single game isn’t revolutionary but thought I’d mention what I’ve seen in the ownership numbers. There are many other approaches that can make you unique (overstacking, D stacking, singletons), but this is my personal favorite since it keeps the offensive correlations together.

Thanks a bunch Bender. Appreciate the insight.

• bstreich9

I’m somewhat new to NHL yet, been playing for about a month and a half. I really like the Chicago and Tampa matchup, whenever you choose a team on FanDuel, do you not choose guys going vs. each other because of the +/- factor?

• fantasybender

@drewbee30 said...

it was fun while it lasted. Good luck!!

Good luck dude. Expand your horizons and enjoy life.

• Aalbanese102089

I’m considering Reimer in cash games.. would you call me an idiot to do so?!

• thehustle

why would you be an idiot? He has a fantastic save % and he’s playing against a great possession team that should generate 25-30 shots.

• Aalbanese102089

I’m not sure if he would get the win, I feel like it could go either way. I could see him posting the shutout or letting in 4-5

• garybmw

check V-E-G-A-S-S

• ttc12

@fantasybender said...

Great post!

• Str8Shave01

Had a good game against Carolina Last time…I’m giving him a look

• mberkowi

• 2018 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@ShowMeYourHITS said...

I know a lot of you on this forum are GPP players, so any advice, suggestions, warnings, or what-have-you would be great.

I wouldn’t overthink it. It’s “only” 1170 entries. You’re probably going to have a unique entry. If you’ve had success in GPP’S with your cash lineup and you don’t normally build GPP’S, just use your cash lineup. It’s probably going to be unique and it would really suck if your normal lineup went off, but you entered some other lineup that didn’t do well. Also keep in mind that if you max entered, your odds are long. With 1 entry, it’s certainly winnable, but the odds are against you.

• Aalbanese102089

Dailyfaceoff has Scuderi listed as a 4th line winger for the Hawks.. that can not be right. I know Garbutt was traded for Sekac but you would think Panik would go there.. That can’t be right.

And they’re splitting up the Seabrook/Gustafsson pairing which has worked well for them. What’s going on?

• mberkowi

• 2018 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@Aalbanese102089 said...

Dailyfaceoff has Scuderi listed as a 4th line winger for the Hawks.. that can not be right. I know Garbutt was traded for Sekac but you would think Panik would go there.. That can’t be right.

And they’re splitting up the Seabrook/Gustafsson pairing which has worked well for them. What’s going on?

Panik overslept so he sits. Sekac probably won’t make it in time, so they dress 11 forwards. None of the D pairs skate exclusively with each other all game. I certainly hope you’re not considering Chicago 3 or 4 tonight.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).